• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
That's probably my one issue with the finale, to be perfectly honest. The guardian seems to be all-powerful entity or deity of some sort who's watched over idmensions for millennia and created the same stones that granted the Calamity Trio their powers and allowed anyone with the Music Box to travel to other worlds. There's probably at least a million other ways they could saved Anne.

But eh, knowing Amphibia's sense of humor and how they often throw out jokes that never get acknowledged again, the whole "backed up consciousness" thing probably wasn't meant to be taken too seriously beyond the dark joke of Anne having an existential crisis. Even if that's not the case, though...I think I'm just gonna headcanon that idea that it's ultimately the same Anne and that the one that died was somehow the copy instead. It's probably contrived, but it's a lot easier to process.

Aside from that, everything else in the finale was extremely well done, and I don't think the Aesops about friendship and change are lost.
Alternatively souls do exist in Amphibia (as confirmed by Zachariah Neddles), and they are tied to memory somehow (implied in Fixing Frobo).

So maybe this new Anne, having all her memories, also has the old Anne's soul. I think that's the happy ending that makes most sense to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Alternatively souls do exist in Amphibia (as confirmed by Zachariah Neddles), and they are tied to memory somehow (implied in Fixing Frobo).

So maybe this new Anne, having all her memories, also has the old Anne's soul. I think that's the happy ending that makes most sense to me.
Along with that evidence supporting the possibility, fans are looking back at the guardian's vague wording, and it's sounding all the more probable that it could ultimately still be the same Anne after all, soul and everything. The guardian and the show itself keep this ambiguous, though.

I think that possibility is the most logical happy ending as well, so yeah, it's officially the one I'm going with.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku So uhh, I'm not alone in thinking Love Rap in RHF is hard as ****, right? I just barely passed it and dread going back to it for the medal and perfect.

Anywho, I finished Remix 7 and got to the credits. Guessing the rest of the games will just be variations on ones I've already played.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
We like Spidey, we like Spys.
(This is not a horny post, I swear)
I'm a non-weeb looking in from the outside, haven't watched an episode of any anime in years now, and I gotta say the discourse around this particular anime has been incredibly wholesome. For years now I've been catching collateral damage of my friends and mutuals dealing with the latest drama of the anime season, learning about weird half-baked conspiracies and full-on wars between sets of otakus. For Spy x Family? None of that has reached me whatsoever, just pure love. Obviously it could still be there, but if so it's historically small. Either way, very nice to see. Or rather very nice to NOT see what I usually see

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
That's just one of his variants.
Viginian Form
I'm a non-weeb looking in from the outside, haven't watched an episode of any anime in years now, and I gotta say the discourse around this particular anime has been incredibly wholesome. For years now I've been catching collateral damage of my friends and mutuals dealing with the latest drama of the anime season, learning about weird half-baked conspiracies and full-on wars between sets of otakus. For Spy x Family? None of that has reached me whatsoever, just pure love. Obviously it could still be there, but if so it's historically small. Either way, very nice to see. Or rather very nice to NOT see what I usually see
Oh, that's because all the anime is is just pure wholesome found family love. And with some murder on the side but mostly found family love.

Though I'm happy that you had good interactions with the fanbase that didn't sour you, because the fanbase is uh... mixed to say the least

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The Critkal is a special pokemon because each Regional form looks and sounds all the same
Oh, so you're racist against the Charlies now? Sure, he may look similar to MoistCr1tikal, but just because your African American does not mean you're allowed to make deragoratory comments against the Penginz0s race. Shame on you Pumpkaboo, you're on the wrong side of history.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Space-time god wants her to take over their job of overseeing the multiverse, cuz she saved the world, and when you do the same thing for eons you get kinda bored.

Anne's like "Nah, I'm 13. I wanna live the rest of my life."

And space-time god's like "Aight bet. Imma send you back to earth, you live out the rest of your puny human lifespan, and then you take over my job."

We see Anne living a fulfilling life in her twenties, and presumably beyond that.

So...

I guess it's a good thing :drshrug:
It is implied however that:
Anne was only going to live 78 more years.Since the space god said what’s waiting another 78 years.”

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Oh, so you're racist against the Charlies now? Sure, he may look similar to MoistCr1tikal, but just because your African American does not mean you're allowed to make deragoratory comments against the Penginz0s race. Shame on you Pumpkaboo, you're on the wrong side of history.
tenor.gif

Bottom Text

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Though I'm happy that you had good interactions with the fanbase that didn't sour you, because the fanbase is uh... mixed to say the least
I've had good interactions with the fanbases of anime I've watched thus far. Though frankly, I don't stray far from my friend circles, cause I've SEEN bad ones, haha. There seems to be a whole lot of toxicity and elitism and racism or whatever in the anime community, and like... I dunno, I just wanna watch goofy shows, lmao. I don't really care about what I should or shouldn't watch or how.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So anyways, I finished my game dev project last week. I worked a lot on it for 5 weeks, so now I'm gonna share with y'all some final-ish concepts. Everything y'alls about to see has all been done by me. If you somehow recognize any of what I'm about to show y'all, keep my name anonymous.

pixil-gif-drawing (4).gif

raygun-pixilart.png

bat-pixilart.png
shield-pixilart.png
pixil-frame-0 (14).png

heart-pixilart.png
(Left is before right is after)
1652652767774.png

1652652816776.png

1652652849780.png
There's more but I gotta dig deep within my files to find it. So here's just some stuff.

Yeah.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So anyways, I finished my game dev project last week. I worked a lot on it for 5 weeks, so now I'm gonna share with y'all some final-ish concepts. Everything y'alls about to see has all been done by me. If you somehow recognize any of that I'm about to show y'all, keep my name anonymous.

There's more but I gotta dig deep within my files to find it. So here's just some stuff.

Yeah.
Heck yeah man, this is lookin' great!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It was for Loid as Spider Man Noir, I swear
So anyways, I finished my game dev project last week. I worked a lot on it for 5 weeks, so now I'm gonna share with y'all some final-ish concepts. Everything y'alls about to see has all been done by me. If you somehow recognize any of what I'm about to show y'all, keep my name anonymous.

Yeah.
suuure it was…but I suppose I have an excuse to post Cindy now
5897D63F-35FF-486B-B8BD-8FB90E3EE57E.jpeg

Noipoi

Howdy!

Yeah.
What the game about, bro?

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I used to not use Save States in Mario 64

Until I realized "Yo, lives are stupid in a game where death pits are everywhere and reset tedious Red Coin and 100 Coin Star levels", so yeah lol

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Ye. When it gets more complete I'd share it with y'all, I promise
Oh, and on that note, some reasons why I'm not showing off the playable game yet:
No music nor sound
A couple of bad glitches
Wanna touch up on some aestetics

And uh, I would like to do artwork but I'm not opposed to asking y'all for help. But that's like far into the future.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
this short bit of time spent with puberty Sora…yet I love him already (but not as much as I love Pit)

Noipoi

Howdy!
I ordered a pizza, and the guy gives me the pizza, I pay him, yadda yadda- then I go back inside and take the elevator with another person who lives here at the apartments as well and asks, "Did you order a pizza?"
View attachment 352556
No, I stole someone else's order for some free food, piss off.
You just declined a quest that would've gotten you a new party member.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom