• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Vulture, Morbius, Kraven, El Muerto, the cop guy who should have some Carnage in him, and whoever is the villain in Madame Web’s movie…but please no Black Cat, even if the Bae is played by Euphoria actress/a Bae who plays a ***** named Cassie known as Sydney Sweeney

Wanda is definitely still alive, based on her having that quick spark of red before the entire building tower thing broke down…she finna be hiding to think of all of her regrets

also…at least we still have our mouths amirite
She’s definitely alive but I don’t think it’s of our own accord. Ctthon or just her chaos magic prevented her death for sure. But I think like the bomb when she was a kid, she subconsciously stopped herself from dying no matter her intentions. Likely she will have amnesia and it will become a Childrens crusade movie.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Spider-Man fans when the big 6th man of the year for the Sinister Six is Styx
View attachment 352404
make it Boomerang Man or White Rabbit instead and I’m all in
She’s definitely alive but I don’t think it’s of our own accord. Ctthon or just her chaos magic prevented her death for sure. But I think like the bomb when she was a kid, she subconsciously stopped herself from dying no matter her intentions. Likely she will have amnesia and it will become a Childrens crusade movie.
just like in the comics, minus the part where it’ll take countless years for the entire world to forgive her for what she did…tho I guess Agatha will be freed from both Wanda’s and Darkhold’s curse, meaning she could probably train her the right way this time. Helps that neither had any hatred for one another, just fear for the worse on Agnes’ part.

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
We never did get to see that 10 minute Spider Verse clip that's been hyped the hell up a couple weeks ago, did we?
and we won’t get it until March 2023…gives us all a chance to save Miles from the ultimate simp move

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Y'know TBH

Allstar Brawl being a dead game doesn't really bother me, 'cause I'm one of those weirdos who's entertained by fighting CPUs in fighting games. Like, I just treat fighting games like arcade games. If I like the mechanics enough, I won't ever really get bored.

So the fact I got Jenny and Hugh today means

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Wait, I should work for Sony.

So hear me out: Sony makes The Wall movie to uproaring success. 100% on RT. In the end cresits scene, the Wall meets El Muerto, bit the Wall doesn't like El Muerto because The Wall's hella racist. So El Muerto seeks some other help to take down The Wall.

Coming soon: The Wall vs. El Muerto and...
20220513_231857.jpg

MooMew64

Wait, I should work for Sony.

So hear me out: Sony makes The Wall movie to uproaring success. 100% on RT. In the end cresits scene, the Wall meets El Muerto, bit the Wall doesn't like El Muerto because The Wall's hella racist. So El Muerto seeks some other help to take down The Wall.

Coming soon: The Wall vs. El Muerto and...
View attachment 352409
No Way Home got nothing on this plot.

MooMew64

But wait there's more. You know the iconic end credits scenes that have Thanos in them?

Well, for The Wall sequel, it's like that but instead it's
View attachment 352410
I often forget how comic books just do not care and will do whatever insane stories that just so happen to pop into the writers' heads that week.

And I love them for it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
But wait there's more. You know the iconic end credits scenes that have Thanos in them?

Well, for The Wall sequel, it's like that but instead it's
View attachment 352410
And then for the big sinister six movie, because they can’t convince Tobey or Andrew to be spiderman, it’s time for a new big shot to rise and take down the sinister six:
1652507757010.jpeg

That’s right, give it up for big wheel baby! Played by none other then Keanu Reeves so they get that star power!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
There's an unused Maverick Boss in MMX1. Seems like it used bits and pieces of Spark Mandrill and maybe Sting Chameleon too. It has a Tiger-ish/Wolf-ish face from what we can see, to it looks a bit like a Manticore overall.

Also, LMAO at Blizzard's Ethnicity tracker. Why did that think it'd be view well by people?

Glad the Nick Brawl game is getting more characters, Jenny's a good start to that.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I was going to ask "do I want to know?" but knowing Blizzard, the answer is probably no.
Long story short, they have a chart, similar to the Stands Stats in Jojo or in Pokemon to determine how diverse their characters are. Which sounds as soulless as one would think.

Which of course was only released to the public to probably cover up some other sex crime in an attempt to get some good will.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
The last page's Doctor Strange 2 discourse had me conflicted.

On the one hand I do think the OP was wrong about a lot of things

On the other hand I wouldn't rush to defend this movie's writing personally

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I feel it was done deliberately as news of unionbusting was going up, it overshadows the controversy
My mistake. They've got so many fires to put out I forgot which thing they were hiding. I had heard of the unionizing earlier, but I assumed Microsoft buying them out would've been the thing to stamp them out as the employees would be shifted around to various studios.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Vulture, Morbius, Kraven, El Muerto, the cop guy who should have some Carnage in him, and whoever is the villain in Madame Web’s movie…but please no Black Cat, even if the Bae is played by Euphoria actress/a Bae who plays a ***** named Cassie known as Sydney Sweeney
I'm not entirely too optimistic in regards to the direction and vision for Sony's Spider-Man universe is going to fare as the writers who were involved with Morbius penned the story and writing for Kraven and Madame Web.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
This Sinister Six movie is just setting itself up for disaster as with all these other Sony Spider-Man villain movies.

Because yeah everyone was asking for these movies especially a Kraven or El Muerto one...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
ActiBlizz Diversity Power Scaling be like "Yeah but are they more diverse than Goku?"

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
ActiBlizz Diversity Power Scaling be like "Yeah but are they more diverse than Goku?"
Lets see:
Goku:
Not from this world
Aftermath of the genocide of his people
Gets called slurs by an imperialist tyrant
Asian coded

Tracer:
From earth
Is from Britain so her ancestors partook in the genocide
Probably does get called homophobic slurs, but again is from an imperialist nation
White

I think Goku may be winning here.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I swear cat owners on Twitter are some of the most irresponsible cat owners I have ever seen. When told the facts that cats can **** up the wildlife they instantly make some weird comparisons like humans should stay inside. They'd rather let their cat out unsupervised and let them do what they want rathee then actually play with them inside or walk them on a leash

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Lets see:
Goku:
Not from this world
Aftermath of the genocide of his people
Gets called slurs by an imperialist tyrant
Asian coded

Tracer:
From earth
Is from Britain so her ancestors partook in the genocide
Probably does get called homophobic slurs, but again is from an imperialist nation
White

I think Goku may be winning here.
He was also raised by a single parent and later became an orphan at the age of like, 8. He grew up with no education and had to hunt his own food alongside likely being mentally stunted. Meanwhile Tracer probably had rich parents and got in to a nice school before working for the government, while Goku married in to money, what does he do? He's a farmer who provides fresh vegetables who sells his stock in the city instead of a big megacorp like Capsule Corp.

osby

Smash Obsessed
We don't have time to unpack everything she did

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Night race:

1652540692433.png

“I am Night Nyx. No need to speak so politely with me, dearie. I never got used to formalities.”

Alignment: Dark-Neutral

Origin: Greek mythology. Nyx is the Greek goddess of the night. In some legends, she is the first being in all creation, from whom all the other life is born; while others say that she’s the daughter of Chaos. Her many children include Death, Sleep, and Fates. She is shrouded in mystery but even the king of gods Zeus fears her. She resides in a mansion inside a cave at the edge of the universe, giving prophecies to anyone who can hear her.

Skills: Spirit Drain, Makarakarn, Fogna, Mudobarion

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Wilder race.

Actually, her Devil Summoner design is a bit more mythologically accurate but I just love this Madame Nyx design. She just looks so fabulous and fits the role of a mysterious mother figure giving secret oracles so well. Apparently, people at ATLUS think so, too because aside from Persona, every other game goes with this design. Fitting to her opera singer-like design, Nyx has a cool, singing casting animation that fits particularly well when she uses Lullaby.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm not entirely too optimistic in regards to the direction and vision for Sony's Spider-Man universe is going to fare as the writers who were involved with Morbius penned the story and writing for Kraven and Madame Web.
just make all the movies Venom tbh…problem solved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom