• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
By the way, on the subject of Arlo...

Look, I haven't watched the review yet, I have no idea if I ever will or not, but I will say this:

From what I'm hearing, is the review pretty silly and not genuine? Yeah, it unfortunately sounds like the whole ordeal was a misstep for him.

Does that mean I think he should be dogpiled on and yelled at?

No, 'cause it's funny muppet man's opinion on a movie. Very silly opinions on a movie, in my opinion, but still just opinions. Opinions Sonic fans are taking as personal slights.
Peeps need to calm down and take a step back a bit. :drshrug:

That said, I honest to goodness think the lesson he should learn from this is don't try to critique things you know nothing about or don't have any interest in. It isn't genuine and will often make you look foolish when you are way off the mark like it sounds like he was.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
That said, I honest to goodness think the lesson he should learn from this is don't try to critique things you know nothing about or don't have any interest in. It isn't genuine and will often make you look foolish when you are way off the mark like it sounds like he was.
idk about this one, at least not the way it's phrased. How's anyone supposed to get into anything if they don't have a place to start? Or are you saying he coulda made his opinion about it known but maybe not a whole full dramatic video about it?

MooMew64

idk about this one, at least not the way it's phrased. How's anyone supposed to get into anything if they don't have a place to start? Or are you saying he coulda made his opinion about it known but maybe not a whole full dramatic video about it?
From what I'm reading, it's more that he supposedly made the root of the video "This movie wasn't made for the fans, and ignores Sonic lore" when from what I've seen from spoilers, the movie is shockingly adherent and reference-crazy. The post-credits stuff especially.

TBH the fact this movie is so clearly made for fans is a pretty good indication that he probably isn't a Sonic guy, 'cause 99% of what I'm seeing he took issue with is normal Sonic stuff. That's more-so what I meant with my post, sorry if it wasn't worded the best, ha ha. :dr^_^:

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
People harp on Demon Slayer for being basic, but tbh, idrc if it's basic or not. It's still a very fun watch with an entertaining and lovable cast of characters. Basic =/= bad, otherwise DB and the "Big 3" would be dead in the water.
I know a lot of people claim that it's "carried" by ufotable animating it and nobody would care about it otherwise, but I recently starting reading the manga and still think it's a really charming series. Nothing groundbreaking, yeah, but it's still a super solid shonen with awesome characters.

MooMew64

Oh, yeah, speaking of Sonci:

funni fast boi has on officially licensed Roblox game now.

I have to make a Roblox account to play a new Sonic game.

5AF22B5F-E003-4124-A644-C9A852E55FEE.jpeg

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
People harp on Demon Slayer for being basic, but tbh, idrc if it's basic or not. It's still a very fun watch with an entertaining and lovable cast of characters. Basic =/= bad, otherwise DB and the "Big 3" would be dead in the water.

Didn't know it was harped on for that, actually!

Honestly, yeah I agree, being a bit by the book ain't bad. If something is by the book, but is just really good, then that's all good in my book. Like, I could argue Mario is basic, but Mario games are fun as crap. Plus, people like the series, myself included, for a reason, haha.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

View attachment 350202
...Naaaaah, they ain't gettin me.

I'll just continue waiting for Frontiers to release in all its mid glory.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'm definitely getting bad vibes since the game is due for this year and we still don't know how it plays lol.

Really makes you think.
Like it looks visually good but we saw no gameplay, no story, no... anything really aside from some scenery and an implied boss fight. I know majority of trailers nowadays do that, but to me this wouldn't be an issue if Forces didn't do the same thing.

Here's hoping it's solid though. Can't see my favorite blue rodent in the dirt after a great movie.

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™

View attachment 350202
Honestly the thing about Roblox is; the actual game engine and the stuff you can do with it is cool

It's just literally everything else about the platform that sucks(monetizing child labor, getting kids addicted to gambling, predatory systems, fetish games becoming normalized, etc) that sucks about the platform.

Games like these that are well made and polished are such a rarity on the platform because they don't include a predatory gameplay loop like the 900 other copy pasted simulator games have of "log in, idle for multiple hours with an autoclicker, buy lootboxes, rinse and repeat"

Edit: reading is hard, I took a glance and thought this was talking about a different roblox sonic game I've been following :165:

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
the struggle is finally over

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
And now I can die, satisfied that Scrat finally got the acorn.

RIP Blue Sky.

Noipoi

Howdy!
This actually puts a big fat stupid smile on my big fat stupid face.

No, they’re not high art or anything. In fact, half of them suck ass.

But I grew up with Ice Age (except for 5 **** that one)

These movies mean a lot to me (except for 5 **** that one)

And I’m glad Blue Sky got a proper send off, in a way.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So yo. (I am Bucho!)

First day at my first job went well. Mostly filling in stuff, learning I'm gonna be working with various people from places like France, got a hoodie, a mug and......a small bottle of wine for my welcoming thing.

Yeah..... this is insane.

Second day tomorrow will be interesting.
So uh.

That was the first time I drank wine in my life.

maxresdefault.jpg

I uh gulped it down. And my stomach feels numb.

I was gonna give it to my parent but he wanted the marshmallows instead.
Down the hatch I thought...........was a 200mls bottle.

I'll just play Genshin until I fall asleep or my stomach blows up. Need that Adventure Rank.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Those entire 35 seconds was better then the entirely that were the disgraces of Ice Age films that was Continental Drift, Collison Course and Adventures of Buck Wild combined.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Hopefully gonna watch Moon Knight episode 3 tonight. Hearing some good stuff about it

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Those entire 35 seconds was better then the entirely that were the disgraces of Ice Age films that was Continental Drift, Collison Course and Adventures of Buck Wild combined.
Why am I actually emotional at this...
Sega doing everything except giving us Frontiers news.
Says a lot that I honestly forgot Frontiers was even a thing at this point.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Got my video out on Breath of the Wild out finally. Hopefully it doesn't take as long to get Metroid done.
Feedback is still highly appreciated, but I liked how this turned out

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Black Tanjiro👌

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Famous Minecraft Streamer, Dream, who has been going on a rant that him enabling his fanbase to dox LBGT and/or minorities of color, as well as stating that his fanbase being notorious for doxxing wasn't his problem, got doxxed shortly after his stream.
Oh no, what a shame
ezgif-1-5e2a563ef3.gif

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
And now I can die, satisfied that Scrat finally got the acorn.

RIP Blue Sky.
RIP in Peace
This actually puts a big fat stupid smile on my big fat stupid face.

No, they’re not high art or anything. In fact, half of them suck ass.

But I grew up with Ice Age (except for 5 **** that one)

These movies mean a lot to me (except for 5 **** that one)

And I’m glad Blue Sky got a proper send off, in a way.
I did not know there was another movie before the Disney+ one until just now…my god…and the plot I read for both films suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked
let’s just Men in Black it up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom