• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
TASM2 Electro has the funniest villian origin story tbh.

Nobidy remembered his birthday so he just became evil and ****.
I think it's funnier of you drop the bit, Electro's freaking the **** out and Spidey does the right thing and try to de-escalate it, calm him down, good ****.

Horrible people (New Yorkers) seeing Electro having a mental breakdown:
EducatedTalkativeKiskadee-max-1mb.gif

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
So, I've been experimenting with Thumbnails. Wanna get some other opinions. Which thumbnail style do you prefer and do you have any other suggestions. Here they are

Playing at least one game for every character in Smash Bros 02: Donkey Kong (DKC Tropical Freeze)
DKThumbnail2.png
DKThumbnail.png

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
TASM2 Electro has the funniest villian origin story tbh.

Nobidy remembered his birthday so he just became evil and ****.
I mean really it boiled down to Ryan from the office slacking off yet again, and then Max got the shock of this life time, somehow not becoming shocker instead.

All in all it probably made his top five birthday list.
Yeesh, atm Sonic 2 is sitting at a 52% on RT with 22 reviews in.

It could still very well swing in any direction, let's see
To be fair the first movie has a 63 critic score and 93 audience score.

That’s a big difference and the audience was definitely more right that it’s a pretty fun first film.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So, I've been experimenting with Thumbnails. Wanna get some other opinions. Which thumbnail style do you prefer and do you have any other suggestions. Here they are

Playing at least one game for every character in Smash Bros 02: Donkey Kong (DKC Tropical Freeze)
View attachment 348989View attachment 348990
The first one is a bit less busy, easier to tell what it’s about.

osby

Smash Obsessed

View attachment 348989View attachment 348990
The second one looks better but the first one feels more accurate to what the video is about.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Don't understand why we got the sequels of two games before the originals but not bad choices anyway.

EDIT: Also, Japan got Harvest Moon for SNES
Gamecenter CX sold me on Dig Dug II so I'm glad it's here so I can take advantage of save states; even though I think you can select any of the levels at any given time...

Earthworm Jim 2 is kind of odd for many reasons, but it's more content for the non-premium service so I can't complain. I suck at the original so save states will be nice here. I'm curious to know if any money went to the original creator or Tommy Tallerico? I certainly hope not, not that anything can be done at this point.

Nothing to say on Mappyland other than Namco fans stay winning.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Btw spoiler for Sonic 2 post credits scene
This isn't a bit, movie came out in my country yesterday
Last chance
They showed Shadow in a military base, ****ing called it, really got high hopes for this one seeing how they handled Knuckles meaning this might be the first time since like 06 Shadow's allowed to be an actual character instead of a schoolyard bully

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Btw spoiler for Sonic 2 post credits scene
This isn't a bit, movie came out in my country yesterday
Last chance
They showed Shadow in a military base, ****ing called it, really got high hopes for this one seeing how they handled Knuckles meaning this might be the first time since like 06 Shadow's allowed to be an actual character instead of a schoolyard bully
Dude that's awesome.
but it's not metal sonic so the movie loses 5 points from me.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Yeesh, atm Sonic 2 is sitting at a 52% on RT with 22 reviews in.

It could still very well swing in any direction, let's see
It's on the upswing, 56% as of typing this.

Looks like it'll even out at about a 60ish, maybe higher.

Biggest legit criticism? It lasts for too long, 2 hours seems to drag for most and that's where the make it or break it comes in.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Biggest legit criticism? It lasts for too long, 2 hours seems to drag for most and that's where the make it or break it comes in.
That seems like a common complaint about superhero movies lately.

I can't comment on the pacing without watching the movie but seeing how it introduces two major characters while also keeping the first movie's cast, a longer runtime might be the better call to give everyone sufficient screentime.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Rotten Tomatoes is a god damn joke.

56% on the Tomato Meter?

***** please. From what the trailer has shown movie this movie gonna be bigger and more fun then the last movie was.
And that 2 hours likely includes the credits. If I had to guess not counting credits might be an hour and 52-57 minutes

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Rotten Tomatoes is a god damn joke.

56% on the Tomato Meter?

***** please. From what the trailer has shown movie this movie gonna be bigger and more fun then the last movie was.

And that 2 hours likely includes the credits. If I had to guess not counting credits might be an hour and 52-56 minutes
I mean, it's just an average of all the reviews thrown on there. Sure some reviews are stinkers but usually RT is pretty accurate to the overall enjoyment if the film.

Plus, we can't really pick and choose when we want to listen to RT.

osby

Smash Obsessed
FNAF accurate angel

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Herald race:

1648735838231.png

“I am Herald Victor. Blessed be our union, damaged as I may be.”

Alignment: Light-Law

Origin: Christian mythology. An angel thought to have conversed with Saint Patrick in his dreams. Saint Patrick was a man from Roman Britain who was converted to Christianity when imprisoned by pirates. After escaping and returning to his home, he saw a vision of a man named Victoricus who helped him to become a missionary. Some say this person was Saint Victricius but others think it was an unorthodox angel.

Skills: Megido, Hamaon, Dark Block, Makarakarn

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Femme race.

So Viktor is pretty much an original character. Most religious scholars agree that the man in Saint Patrick’s dreams was another saint or holy man, not an angel. Still, his design is one of my favorite among Heralds. It’s clearly inspired by other mechanical angels like Metatron and Sandalphon, albeit heavily worn and aged. Yet, it doesn’t prevent him from carrying out his duty. I’m not sure if his clothes are supposed to represent a specific flag or just a regular cross.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
them reviews are going to be a slaughterhouse if all they focus on are the post credit scenes that are somehow not allowed to have footage shown off…yet they purposely spoiled the post credit scenes in the first place
Probably because they know that Morbius is likely to struggle and desperately needs legs for its box office run.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Probably because they know that Morbius is likely to struggle and desperately needs legs for its box office run.
That just reeks of desperation.

Can't accept their movie is just set up to being a disaster.

Sony, a bunch of ****-ups.

They should just stick to doing the Spider-Man animated films, that's where they're best at when it comes to Marvel.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Wouldn't be Sonic without mixed reviews amirite?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'm hearing the movie is fun to watch at day but if you watch it at night, it becomes a completely different movie that's not fun to watch.

The soundtrack becomes annoying jazz too from what I heard. Bizarre.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Another one down. I've got one more character rotation sheet after this, that one will be another dude. Some of these designs I might refine more, but for the most part, they're at where I want them to be.

Next week will be fan-art related stuff so I'm happy to get that going again! Might try and get a drawing or two done over the weekend as well.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
So many videos created about Nintendo Switch Sports seem like they never actually watched any of the trailers and just want to be angry.

Gamers, Especially Nintendo fans wanting to be angry? Never!

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I just noticed that the same writers for the Morbius film are also involved with writing for the Madame Web film:

I think it is safe to say I have very low expectations for the Madame Web film.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I just noticed that the same writers for the Morbius film are also involved with writing for the Madame Web film:

I think it is safe to say I have very low expectations of the Madame Web film.
Sony should just quit while they're ahead.

Stick to the animated Spider-Man films because that's what they're at best with.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So Lamperouge Lamperouge Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy Wademan94 Wademan94 and every other comfy weeb: Laid Back Camp Movie got a trailer.

And;

1. It's in Japanese cinemas on July 1st...............meaning if all goes well it'll be the end of the year for it to come overseas.

2. Yep they are going the K-ON route for the film in which its taking place after graduation.

Still in these uncertain times I owe it a lot to Laid Back Camp. Without it, I wouldn't have gotten myself off the ground and travel a lot, even today which I will post to a few on Discord.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom