• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
next comment made by someone other than me will be given a reply that gives them my support in them taking over this entire website

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
So uh Lamperouge Lamperouge , @Dyllybirdy and other weebs. some shows are leaving Crunchyroll (inevitable) from (what the ****!) one week from now. Sadly a few are big must watch on the list if you want to go through one of them.
Just gonna give the highlights aka the ones I've at least watched a bit of:

Akame ga Kill!
Amagi Brilliant Park - Not in my country but I've watched
Beyond the Boundary - Not in my countr
Black Bullet
Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma
GATE - One of my easiest to rewatch anime
GIRLS und PANZER
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon - Time to finish season 1 then.
Is The Order A Rabbit? (Season 1 and 2)
Kids on the Slope - ****, this was on the list of mine to watch.
Kokoro Connect
Little Busters!
Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions
Monster Musume Everyday Life with Monster Girls - I was forced to watch this years ago.
No Game No Life - Dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
Non Non Biyori (Season 1 and 2) - Finally gonna watch it again.
Outbreak Company
The Pet Girl of Sakurasou

Others on this list:

According to comments on Crunchyroll all of these titles are from Sentai Filmworks so it might be migrating to Hidive.
Also I wonder how this affects Food Wars since seasons 4 and 5 are also on HBO Max.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
So uh Lamperouge Lamperouge , @Dyllybirdy and other weebs. some shows are leaving Crunchyroll (inevitable) from (what the ****!) one week from now. Sadly a few are big must watch on the list if you want to go through one of them.
Just gonna give the highlights aka the ones I've at least watched a bit of:

Akame ga Kill!
Amagi Brilliant Park - Not in my country but I've watched
Beyond the Boundary - Not in my countr
Black Bullet
Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma
GATE - One of my easiest to rewatch anime
GIRLS und PANZER
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon - Time to finish season 1 then.
Is The Order A Rabbit? (Season 1 and 2)
Kids on the Slope - ****, this was on the list of mine to watch.
Kokoro Connect
Little Busters!
Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions
Monster Musume Everyday Life with Monster Girls - I was forced to watch this years ago.
No Game No Life - Dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
Non Non Biyori (Season 1 and 2) - Finally gonna watch it again.
Outbreak Company
The Pet Girl of Sakurasou

Others on this list:

Akame ga Kill was bleh so that one's no big loss there.

Sucks about the rest, though.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Oh, so turns out Morbius's marketing was all bait and switch.
Keaton's Vulture is post credits only. All the scenes in the trailer were cut.

All references to Spider-Man are removed. This includes Tobey's Peter, the Daily Bugle, Oscorp, and the Venom line

Yeah...
What is the point of this film lol.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Crap, a couple of those I wanted to watch.
Sadly to say about it which annoys me.

I'm very annoyed about Gate especially considering that's one of my "easy rewatch" shows.

According to comments on Crunchyroll all of these titles are from Sentai Filmworks so it might be on Hidive.
Also I wonder how this affects Food Wars since seasons 4 and 5 are also on HBO Max.
They are also leaving Netflix as well.

So I think its more Sentai trying to really carve out their own after the Crunchy/Funi and them being bought out by AMC (which honestly feels like trying to keep a sinking ship afloat). I can't see being for too long considering things are.

And not to mention but HiDive isn't as major over where I am. Has a few of my favourites but I've already watched them a hundred times via the high seas.

Akame ga Kill was bleh so that one's no big loss there.

Sucks about the rest, though.
They are all going to HiDive and honestly? You can just breeze through a few with a free trial (plus Land of the Lustrous and Made in Abyss is on there.......so I'd uh recommend.)

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Oh, so turns out Morbius's marketing was all bait and switch.
Keaton's Vulture is post credits only. All the scenes in the trailer were cut.

All references to Spider-Man are removed. This includes Tobey's Peter, the Daily Bugle, Oscorp, and the Venom line

Yeah...
Sounds like even they knew this was gonna be a flop.

Hopefully this is gonna make them start considering dropping this Spider-Man Cinematic Universe That Doesn't Have Spider-Man. It's not like we need more superhero films.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Sounds like even they knew this was gonna be a flop.

Hopefully this is gonna make them start considering dropping this Spider-Man Cinematic Universe That Doesn't Have Spider-Man. It's not like we need more superhero films.
All the marketing did was make sure you knew Morbius was from Marvel. All the say about him is that he's a "Marvel Legend", and they had to hype up the MCU and overall Spidey-Verse connections when that wasn't working. And even then it doesn't work because that was false advertising and now everybody remotely intereste knows that now

Jondolio

Smash Hero
All the marketing did was make sure you knew Morbius was from Marvel. All the say about him is that he's a "Marvel Legend", and they had to hype up the MCU and overall Spidey-Verse connections when that wasn't working. And even then it doesn't work because that was false advertising and now everybody remotely intereste knows that now
I'm just tired of this Marvel craze. Unfortunately it's never gonna die because capitalism

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'm just tired of this Marvel craze. Unfortunately it's never gonna die because capitalism
I mean, people love superheros, just give them dudes in flashy suits and beat the **** out of people while delivering some good lines and bam good movie. Not gonna win any awards, but there is a reason why they're so popular, a tried and true formula that never fails.

Ironically though, you can thank the Marvel craze to DC as they were the ones that popularized superhero movies in the first place.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I mean, people love superheros, just give them dudes in flashy suits and beat the **** out of people while delivering some good lines and bam good movie. Not gonna win any awards, but there is a reason why they're so popular, a tried and true formula that never fails.

Ironically though, you can thank the Marvel craze to DC as they were the ones that popularized superhero movies in the first place.
We need more graphic novel adaptations that aren't Marvel/DC or something.

I don't mind superhero films but I feel like with after No Way Home...............its like they topped it too high now.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Not sure if this has been posted already, but this is honestly really neat!

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Trying to recreate the success of Venom but instead of it being one of the most popular and bat** insane villians in all of media, it's a ***ing C-Tier antihero that nobody gives a * about
Well for starters, Morbius isn't really going to reach the heights of where Venom is at (considering that Venom is an iconic Spider-Man villain.) In addition, I am not 100% sure if their upcoming future works that include Madame Web or Kraven the Hunter could even eclipse the success to either where Spider-Man or Venom achieved the same popularity.

In other news, the run-time for Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness is revealed:

Also seeing that Sonic the Hedgehog 2 does achieve positive reviews and a word of mouth, (even though Sonic has a fanbase) hopefully this could generate a bit more ticket sales in the box office although I can't really say how much it could make it this time.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero

Exactly on the bolded. The first phase of the Marvel Cinematic Universe had built this structure by not only taking on B to C list superheroes that were not as iconic as Spider-Man, the X-Men, the Fantastic Four etc, but they crafted a formula and universe that really works well.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I'm not sure if "Smash Bros. Backlog" would work as a simpler title, or if that title would just make people think that you're playing older Smash games. Either way, I'll watch the video.

EDIT: No issues in terms of sound that I noticed, and your enthusiasm is clear/obvious!
Thanks! Smash Bros Backlog is interesting, but as you say, it does sound a bit like I'm playing older Smash games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom