• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Nintendo reuploaded the Switch Online Expansion Pass trailer because of Mario Kart.

It also contains footage of Kirby 64, Pokémon Snap, and Mario Golf running on the Switch Online emulator.

Need more than a second of footage but they look fine so far.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Nintendo reuploaded the Switch Online Expansion Pass trailer because of Mario Kart.

It also contains footage of Kirby 64, Pokémon Snap, and Mario Golf running on the Switch Online emulator.

Need more than a second of footage but they look fine so far.
1605937360076.png

N64 Online about to be based?

...Is what I would say if I didn't already know full well I'm loading that sucker onto my Steam Deck.
2721-1583430189-1782774948.png

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Luz and Anne returning tomorrow morning to team with Molly in her quest to take over Saturday mornings

Ivander

Smash Legend
Was at a convention today and saw this pretty cool smash poster:
Why is Shadow the Hedgehog there? Isn't he an assist?
You know, I could've let it slide had there been other Assist Trophies with the characters, but Shadow really is the only non-playable character there.

Although how old is this artwork in general? Cause I noticed that the only DLC characters there are Piranha Plant and Joker. No sign of the other DLC characters after Joker.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I finished the Stranger of Paradise demo and I still ended up buying the full game.

Honestly. This is not a souls like. It feels like there are a few elements of that here but they’re so insignificant that they almost feel tacked on. Ultimately I would have preferred something closer to 7R just because I LOVE that battle system to pieces and want way more of it. But Stranger of Paradise is not bad for what it is. Feels like it could have been more of they had focused on different elements and readjusted it a bit, but it’s still good.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
You know, I could've let it slide had there been other Assist Trophies with the characters, but Shadow really is the only non-playable character there.

Although how old is this artwork in general? Cause I noticed that the only DLC characters there are Piranha Plant and Joker. No sign of the other DLC characters after Joker.
It's also weird that Cappy is there next to Mario and yet Mario still has a normal hat.

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Why is Shadow the Hedgehog there? Isn't he an assist?

I thought originally the artwork had no DLC. I hadn’t noticed shadow either, but when I did and saw no dlc, I figured the person who made this must have been like “shadows a lock for sure, I better get this in”

Only to realized it never happened lol. But then I saw Joker and Plant and was more perplexed then before lmao.

MooMew64

R.I.P. Nintendo Switch
Honestly?

If you’re willing to learn Linux and tweak things to get them working…

For 3rd parties and indies, yeah. This thing is playing Yakuza 0 outta the box at 60 FPS with like, pretty much 0 problems, and A Hat in Time’s only real issue is some stuttering when you turn the camera too fast.

This thing is hecking dope and is only gonna get better tbh.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
never thought about this before

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Honestly?

If you’re willing to learn Linux and tweak things to get them working…

For 3rd parties and indies, yeah. This thing is playing Yakuza 0 outta the box at 60 FPS with like, pretty much 0 problems, and A Hat in Time’s only real issue is some stuttering when you turn the camera too fast.

This thing is hecking dope and is only gonna get better tbh.
Tbf who the hell buys Nintendo for 3rd parties?

That said, I feel like the overlap between Steam Deck and Switch is pratically 2 different circles. The Switch is better for those who are poor and can't afford a 700 tablet like me, where as the Steam Deck is more for PC gamers that can afford that ****.

The bigger issue I'd be worried about is if Valve is gonna continue supporting it because Valve's track record of extended support is nonexistent.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
A discord server I'm in got on the idea of Ninttendeo kart, and I decided to make a 48-course track list for it. Here it is.

12 cups, one for each Nintendo console plus a bonus. I divided cups by console because it sounded most logical, but it did leave me a bit stuck in some areas and a bit short-charged in others.

NES Cup:

World 1-1 (based on Super Mario Bros, a remixed version of world 1-1)
Brooklyn (based on Punch Out: you race through New York City (referencing the cutscene) and a boxing ring)
Summit (Based on Ice Climbers: It’s a race up an icy mountain)
The Great Temple (based on Zelda 2, an amalgam of the final dungeon and Smash’s iconic Temple stage)

Game Boy Cup:

Game-and-Watch Gallery (based on the Game-And-Watch gallery series, a course similar to Baby Park where you do a lot of very short laps)
Green Greens (based on Kirby’s Dream Land, a simple stage)
Koholint Island (Based on Link’s Awakening, you drive on the beaches of this strange island)
Cinnabar Island (Based on Pokemon Red and Blue, it’s a course that takes place in the abandoned Pokemon laboratory - that starts being destroyed mid-race)

SNES Cup:

Zebes (Based on Super Metroid, a course that takes you deep into the planet)
Saturn Village (Based on the quirky home of the Mr.Saturns from Earthbound)
Mine Cart Carnage (based on DKC, it takes place in a mine)
The Halberd (Based on Kirby Super Star, a race across the Halberd. Multi-segment track like Mount Wario

N64 Cup:

Peach’s Castle (Based on Super Mario 64, it takes you through the courtyard and the castle)
Corneria (Based on Star Fox 64, it goes through a battle on the ocean planet-mid conflict.)
Frosty Village (from Diddy Kong Racing)
Fire Field (Based on F-Zero X, it’s taken relatively unchanged)

GBA Cup:

Art Museum (from Drill Dozer, a journey through a destroyed Art Museum)
Golden Pyramid (from Wario Land 4; in reference to Wario’s other GBS series, warioware, various wacky events may occur)
Venus Lighthouse (from Golden Sun)
Sootopolis City (from the Hoenn Pokemon games, there is an underwater segment to this level)

GCN Cup:

Hyrule Castle (based on the final area in The Wind Waker, it is a race track through a rapidly sinking castle)
Tallon IV (from Metroid Prime)
Checker Knights (from Kirby Air Ride)
Phantom Road (from F-Zero GX)

DS Cup:

Nintendogs ( a race through a living room. Giant dog is a hazard)
The Great Marsh ( from the Sinnoh Games.Wild Pokemon are hazards)
Bowser’s Inside Story (a race that takes place inside Bowser)
Swapnote ( a weird track, you drive on drawings that connect various DSes)

Wii Cup:

Town and City (from Animal Crossing City Folk)
Bionis (from Xenoblade Chronicles)
Skyloft (from Skyward Sword)
Galaxy Tour (Multi-segment track based on the Galaxy games. The first lap is the Comet Observatory, the second lap is Starship Mario, and the last is Good Egg Galaxy.

3DS Cup:

The Aurum Hive (from Kid Icarus Uprising)
Mila Tree (from Fire Emblem Awakening, chosen to also sorta represent Shadows of Valentia)
Aether Foundation HQ (from Pokemon Sun and Moon)
Badge Arcade (from the Nintendo Badge arcade, you drive around and inside of the Arcade)

Wii U Cup:

Mangrove Cove (from Tropical Freeze)
Wooly World (from Yoshi’s Wooly World)
Moray Towers (from Splatoon)
The Great Plateau (from Breath of the Wild, put here to save space in the Switch Cup)

Switch Cup:

Steam Gardens (from Super Mario Oddessy)
Garreg Mach Monastery (from Fire Emblem: Three Houses)
Wherever Forgotten Land takes place (from Kirby and the Forgotten Land)
World of Light (from Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, multi-lap. The first lap is in the World of Light, the second is the World of Darkness, the last is in the final battle stage)

Mario Kart Cup (it was a deliberate decision to exclude all Mario Kart tracks, they’re here. It also gives us a round 12 cups, which is nice)

SNES Mario Circuit 1
DS Waluigi Pinball
Wii U Mount Wario
Wii Rainbow Road
this was made in like half an hour, so it's not overly serious. the selection criteria also led to some weird choices.

MooMew64

Tbf who the hell buys Nintendo for 3rd parties?

That said, I feel like the overlap between Steam Deck and Switch is pratically 2 different circles. The Switch is better for those who are poor and can't afford a 700 tablet like me, where as the Steam Deck is more for PC gamers that can afford that ****.

The bigger issue I'd be worried about is if Valve is gonna continue supporting it because Valve's track record of extended support is nonexistent.
Valve’s committed to it IMHO. Gabe’s already thinking about Steam Deck hardware revisions and they have dumped a ton of money into it, and everything they’ve been dumping money and resources into with their tech for the last decade has been all for this thing.

They seem pretty committed to make this a thing and finally put Linux gaming on the map. I personally feel pretty confident about it.

Last edited:

MooMew64

To this day I have never used Linux and I have no idea what it even looks like
There are actually certain games that run better on it lol.

I’m seeing peeps on ProtonDB say Starbound actually plays better there than on Windows, and Eldren Ring apparently is smoother on the Deck than Windows PCs according to Linus Tech Tips.

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
This thing is playing Yakuza 0 outta the box at 60 FPS with like, pretty much 0 problems, and A Hat in Time’s only real issue is some stuttering when you turn the camera too fast.
How long does the battery last though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom