• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also, where the hell is Marina Splatoon 3? Is she alright? Is sje getting proper sleep and nutrients? Is she still beautiful?

C'mon Nintendo, I gotta know before I buy Splat3
She’s probably the “villain” like how the first games splat fest mattered for the plot in the sequel. That or she’s leading an underground rebellion.

D

Deleted member

Guess I'm in the minority who found it to be kinda underwhelming. So many remakes/remasters or whatever you wanna call them. Was nice at first, but now it feels like there's so many of them coming out. At least Live A Live gets an international release for the first time and Crono Cross actually acknowledges the Sattelaview existed.

Fire Emblem Heroes just doesn't do it for me. I played Hyrule Warriors 1 and that was enough musou for a lifetime for me. Though kinda boring it's another Fire Emblem musou game. We now got two Zelda and two Fire Emblem ones, like at least let me run through the jungle with DK and beat everyone up, would certainly be a nice change of scenary if nothing else.

Kirby's well... Kirby. Hard to do Kirby wrong, unless you make it super slow (64) or baby mode even for Kirby standards (Mouse Attack).

The biggest surprise was certainly Mario Strikers. Didn't expect to see that series being revived, what with Nintendo loving the squaky clean modern Mario. Certainly a pleasent one though

Mario Kart DLC certainly... exists. While it's a lot of tracks, I'd still rank vanilla MK8 DLC higher. Biggest letdown is the lack of new characters and courses, with all of them being remakes. At least the Tour tracks will be new for a lot of people (such a boring game).

And lastly, Xenoblade 3 really came out of nowhere, and has much better character design than whatever that was Xenoblade 2 had. Always wanted to check the series out, but with there now being a third game (+ Xenoblade X) it feels kinda overwhelming at this point.

Maybe I missed something, I was grinding in Arceus, so I wasn't fully focused on the Direct.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Ivander

Smash Legend
Nothing mindblowing, although Strikers getting another game and the Klanoa ports were a surprise. Kirby looks great, Xenoblade 3 looks good, the Metroid Dread free update is cool, Fire Emblem Warriors looks great, the Cuphead DLC looks great, and GetsuFumaDen comes out later today. A overall good Direct.

I'm quite conflicted with the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC though....like 48 remastered tracks from previous Mario Kart games is fantastic, but like....no new characters to go with them? :halfsheep: But I certainly don't have any issues with 48 new stages with how fun Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is to begin with.

That said, looking at the DLC focus on Deluxe being previous Mario Kart stages and Mario Kart Tour stages, I'm legitimately wondering if this is adding to the possibility of the next Mario Kart being a "Nintendo-focused" Kart game, and that the focus on previous Mario Kart stages for Deluxe is because there won't be any "Classic" stages for "Nintendo Kart."

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Xenoblade Chronicles 3....I have so many questions

Is that Uraya being impaled by the Sword of the Mechonis?

Was that a core crystal?

Those people wearing masks?

Is that.....Vandam? He's alive?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It is pretty cool to see full track renditions of tracks from tour though. I really like the concepts in it.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Xenoblade 3 looks more immediately appealing to me than 2 ever did and I don't even hate 2.

It's just...

XB2's character design was not great...

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I just realized that the endshot of the trailer as the Mechonis Sword & Uraya in the background.

Bruh.

Also since this is now my birthday here, no XB2 slander til a day as passed.

Also this pic remind me that we're getting freakin Dread update, YEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Oh yeah, that Three Houses musou game was a really pleasant surprise as well.

Hopefully I have an easier time getting into that one since I adore TH's cast, compared to the previous Warriors game where I only knew who some of the Awakening characters were, plus Lyn.

D

Deleted member

I only said that in a throwaway line earlier, but now I really want to see a DK Warriors game, it feels like such a no brainer. Damn you Nintendo for making me want stuff that'll never happen. F-Zero

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Klonoa isn't dead anymore. I'm so ridiculously happy, even if it is just a remaster collection!

Side notes: Xeno 3, Kirby and Strikers looking great. Fire Emblem Warriors is uh.... ok.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
BOBA FETT FINALE
KENOBI RELEASE DATE
THREE HOPES
no Kid Icarus
MARIO STRIKERS
SWITCH SPORTS
****ING COCONUT MALL IN HD!!!!
27A37BB7-7346-4FC7-B825-386BA2700A2A.jpeg

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Just curious
What are AT LEAST 2 tracks y'all want in the new MK DLC pack?

I personally would like to see DS Airship Fortress and Wii DK Summit

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
It may just be me over analyzing but that titan looked like Uraya deformed or something. If the rumors are true, then this might be Alrest in the future then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom