• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
So I hit Victory Road in BDSP.

There is absolutely no way GF thought that requiring this many mandatory HMs in 1 singular location was fun and challenging for the player. I only hit the 2nd room and they want you to have five ****ing HMs on the ready just to get to the league.

So glad BSDP removed them, because I would just quit then and there.
Personally the only one that was really objectionable is Rock smash, since that attack is pretty weak, but i would assume that most players are gonna have Pokemon with Rock Climb, Strength, Surf and waterfall equipped since those are good moves for a casual playthrough.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Re-did one of the newer drawings I finished today. Started up another new one. Gonna get back on to personal work tomorrow. So far I think I'm being decently productive. Also tried to get some character design gigs set up, but we'll see how that goes. I guess if I had to vent a bit without getting too deep into it, I feel like I'm putting in a lot of work, but waiting on other people to hold up their end of the deal is stressful and a little disappointing. I think things WILL work out in the end, but still. As much as I worry, I'll tough it out.

As far as the fan-art stuff is going, I'm on Piece 8 of about 9 or so. So I think that's pretty solid. Gonna try and get more done on this week as well. I just need to decide who character 9 is.

Anyway, I hope Jotade/JD is going better, even if they had to step away from here again.

And 2022 is wild already. Between the Tifa Smut in the Italian Government, Microsoft buying Activision-Blizzard(and we can only hope it'll make the place a lot less ****ty to work at, while people who are innocent get to keep their jobs.) Even when only looking at the games in and of themselves, X-Box made a huge play there. It's only been 3 weeks.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Very late night but just gonna post one of the best licensed OSTs from such a now underrated racing game series: MotorStorm.

Like you know what, give us a remake collection of all this. Screw music licensing.

View attachment 343502 View attachment 343503 View attachment 343504
View attachment 343505 View attachment 343506

Another one of like 20 franchises screwed over by PlayStation.
I REMEMBER PLAYING EACH OF THEM LONG TIME AGO!!!

Apocaylpse was my most favourite.
(I loved the idea of racing around in urban environments getting destroyed)

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
bruh.

someone uploaded Arceus gameplay to YouTube and the stupid recommendation system put it on my feed >_>

not much of a spoiler, barely one at all I guess, but there was a new area and a character I don’t know the name of in the thumbnail…

I expect this after the game’s release but now???

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
bruh.

someone uploaded Arceus gameplay to YouTube and the stupid recommendation system put it on my feed >_>

not much of a spoiler, barely one at all I guess, but there was a new area and a character I don’t know the name of in the thumbnail…

I expect this after the game’s release but now???
Youtubers will always manage to do this, hell, part of Baiken's moveset showcase for GG Strive leaked when she only had a teaser trailer from a while ago

osby

Smash Obsessed
Well, this got late.

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Holy race:

1643041612524.png

“I'm Holy Pabilsag. If you do not fear me, my wisdom will prove useful to you.”

Alignment: Light-Law

Origin: Mesopotamian mythology. The tutelary god of the city of Larak, and the husband of the healer goddess Ninisina. “Pabilsag's Journey to Nibru” describes his journey to the city of Nippur and presents the ruler of the cosmos Enlil with gifts in his seat of worship, earning himself the title “Enlil’s warrior”. He’s a divine judge as well as a god of war, hunting, and the underworld. In cosmology, he is represented in Sagittarius.

Skills: Tetrakarn, Recarm, Madness Nails

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Megami race.

Pabilsag being a scorpion is a curious design choice. In his most notable Mesopotamian records, he has the epithet “multicolored legged bull” with only one line from Journey to Nibru likening him to a scorpion (along with a wolf and lion). His Hellenistic portrayals sometimes describe him as a centaur, probably due to his constellational associations and less commonly with a scorpion’s tail. The skeleton face is more obvious, and likely reflects his connections to the land of the death, which he gained after being syncretized with Nergal.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Morning y'all.

Things continue to turn for the better for me. Woke up early this morning to go downtown regarding therapy and concluded with the person I talked to that I'll begin doing this workshop class group as well as drop-in counseling to talk about and revolve the issues going on in my life.

Feeling great!

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
Really enjoying peacemaker, but I feel that its trying a bit too hard to be edgy and sexualized. John Cena is great for the role though.

While the first scene with Cena doing the deed with the lady was a way to show parts of his personality while showing the butterflies, the next episodes where he did it with the other woman he tied up earlier made no sense. How would either of them know where the other is and it wasn’t a very interesting scene in the first place.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
So was it just me or was Smashboards down for all day
Its not just you. I tried to access Smashboards all day and it was down all day for me too until now.

No Way Home is now the 6th highest grossing film of all time (both without China and during Covid ****s…)
Even though I still won't be able to watch No Way Home until it comes out on Blu-Ray, but at the same time, I can't say that I am surprised that the film is doing really well considering the current circumstances of the pandemic as Spider-Man himself is one of the most recognisable superheroes around the globe.

But one thing that I don't understand is why there are some channels are using No Way Home's box office numbers, saying that the "pandemic is not an excuse" for the rest of the 2021 films that had been released to not do well (which is something that I find rather ignorant.)

Another thing that I see these channels forget is that if it wasn't for Sony who approached Marvel Studios to co-produce the Spider-Man films, it would not had been able to achieve its success as of today.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
For if The Batman is a success. I want one of the sequels having Killer Croc as its main villain.

Croc would fit in with this movies dark tone and vibe. The idea of this cannibalistic almost seemingly non-human killer and eating unsuspecting victims as he lurks and lives in the sewers of Gotham as Batman investigates these grisly murders and actually being depicted as this serious threat rather then the joke he's depicted as in most DC media.

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
For if The Batman is a success. I want one of the sequels having Killer Croc as its main villain.

Croc would fit in with this movies dark tone and vibe. The idea of this cannibalistic almost seemingly non-human killer and eating unsuspecting victims as he lurks and lives in the sewers of Gotham as Batman investigates these grisly murders and actually being depicted as this serious threat rather then the joke he's depicted as in most DC media.
Killer croc would be epic. The only time that he was scary to me was In the Arkham Games because he was a OHKO in asylum and a hulking monster in Knight. He was also pretty creepy in City. He was a joke in Origins though.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Well, this got late.

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Holy race:

View attachment 343516

“I'm Holy Pabilsag. If you do not fear me, my wisdom will prove useful to you.”

Alignment: Light-Law

Origin: Mesopotamian mythology. The tutelary god of the city of Larak, and the husband of the healer goddess Ninisina. “Pabilsag's Journey to Nibru” describes his journey to the city of Nippur and presents the ruler of the cosmos Enlil with gifts in his seat of worship, earning himself the title “Enlil’s warrior”. He’s a divine judge as well as a god of war, hunting, and the underworld. In cosmology, he is represented in Sagittarius.

Skills: Tetrakarn, Recarm, Madness Nails

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Megami race.

Pabilsag being a scorpion is a curious design choice. In his most notable Mesopotamian records, he has the epithet “multicolored legged bull” with only one line from Journey to Nibru likening him to a scorpion (along with a wolf and lion). His Hellenistic portrayals sometimes describe him as a centaur, probably due to his constellational associations and less commonly with a scorpion’s tail. The skeleton face is more obvious, and likely reflects his connections to the land of the death, which he gained after being syncretized with Nergal.
Looks more like a girtablilu than it does Pabilsag. Odd one.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

cashregister9

Smash Hero
There's no way GF would call it that right? It plays so different. Sure there are other series that have two different styles of gameplay like 2D/3D Super Mario but we'd need another PLA-type game to establish that.
According to this they consider the Let's Go games as mainline

and those are pretty different so I feel like Arceus will fall into the mainline.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
According to this they consider the Let's Go games as mainline

and those are pretty different so I feel like Arceus will fall into the mainline.
Its Bull**** That colloseum and Gale of darkness arent considered mainline when they totally Are since they share the same distinction That BDSP do, being Made by a different developer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom