• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
This is narcissism with extra steps
No, it's self-confidence. If you like SwSh, you are hot and sexy, no matter who you are. Full stop. In fact, all of y'all are beautiful, don't tell yourself otherwise.

Unless you hate SwSh, then you're not. Work on that.
Guys, time travel is real!

clearly I’ve been transported back to summer 2019!
Wake up soldier, we got a pandemic to conquer.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
another day…another WB related call out
What's the context here?
in the animated movie adaptation of Killing Joke, since the comic is somewhat short, they decided to add a long and original Batgirl storyline to the movie to add time. Mostly about her trying to stop some evil scum while also having feelings hard to express. Some blah blah blahs occurred to make Batman kick her off the mission, and she gets mad about it, managing to take him down with her pent up aggression, and then…then…theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen…they shared a long kiss…

and then it lead to Barbara and Bruce ****ing out in the open stripping off their costumes in broad nightlight

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
in the animated movie adaptation of Killing Joke, since the comic is somewhat short, they decided to add a long and original Batgirl storyline to the movie to add time. Mostly about her trying to stop some evil scum while also having feelings hard to express. Some blah blah blahs occurred to make Batman kick her off the mission, and she gets mad about it, managing to take him down with her pent up aggression, and then…then…theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen…they shared a long kiss…

and then it lead to Barbara and Bruce ****ing out in the open stripping off their costumes in broad nightlight
Ah.

Well that's perfectly reasonable for getting a lot of flak then.

KillerCage

Smash Master
FINALLY I CAN POST MY THOUGHTS ON BIG HERO 6 THE SERIES!

The first season was rough but decent, the second season is actually great, and Season 3... we'll get to Season 3.

To start off, much of the movie cast reprised their roles for the series with the exceptions of Wasabi (now voiced by Khary Payton AKA the voice of Teen Titans Cyborg) and Fred (now voiced by Brooks Wheelan replacing T. J. Miller.) Generally everyone was in character with how they were shown in the film with a couple of exceptions. Alistair Krei is the lesser of the exceptions, but felt more jerkish than he was in the film. He does get robbed kidnapped so frequently that he kinda felt like a punching bag. My bigger grievance among the cast is Fred. I feel that he made dumber in the series than he ACTUALLY was in the movie. It was kinda hard to overlook this especially how it relates to two other characters introduced in the series. Aside from Krei and Fred, I have no real complaints regarding the returning cast.

The new characters are a mixed bag.

1642283312825.png
Professor Granville served as a replacement for Professor Callaghan as he is spending time in lockdown for his actions in the film. Granville acts as a decent guiding hand for Hiro throughout the show though her role is more diminished in Season 2 onwards. Granville does have a personal connection to Season 1's main antagonist which explains why she invests so much time to Hiro.
1642283374518.png
Karmi is just fantastic. She fills in the role as Hiro's love interest, but they don't get along because they are too much alike each other. Despite not liking Hiro, Karmi loves Big Hero 6 especially Hiro's alter ego, Captain Cutie. She loves them so much, Kamri actually makes fanfiction (and later a web series) about them. Naturally Hiro feels uncomfortable about this, but the fanfiction does more good than harm as it gave out ideas and moves the team haven't thought to try with their tech. I was actually sad that she was forced to leave San Fransokyo due the event halfway into Season 2.
1642286936625.png
Mini-Max was made to keep Fred in check though that does not justify making Fred dumber. On the plus side, his superhero personality (in spite of being a robot) actually makes him a riot to watch. Despite being Fred's babysitter (even though Fred is not aware of this fact,) Mini-Max has proved himself to be quite an asset to Big Hero 6 to the point he was added to the opening animation for Season 2.
1642286869945.png
Megan Cruz was introduced in Season 2 and became the new love interest for Hiro after Karmi effectively left the series. I would be more upset this change if it weren't for the fact that Megan is actively trying to uncover the secret identities of Big Hero 6. This does cause friction between her and Hiro even though they do like each other. I wouldn't mind seeing more interactions between them, but then Season 3.
1642289328585.png
I 7@(%!#& hate Richardson Mole! He is only in the show to cause Fred (and Big Hero 6 by extension) pain and misery. If there is something Fred loves/likes, Mole will anything to ruin it for him. At one point he tricks Fred into revealing the secret identities of Big Hero 6 and forces them to let him into the team in fear of Mole leaking their secret to the public. The only reason Big Hero 6 got out of that mess was that Mole CONVENIENTLY got amnesia at the end of the episode. Should I mention that Mole has a crush on Go Go who's college aged and he's 11?
1642291410793.png
Obake is the main antagonist of the first season and arguably the whole series. This guy is why I initially compared BH6:tS to Teen Titins as he gave me Slade vibes. Obake uses other villians as pawns for his plans for San Fransokyo. He also has an unnerving interest in Hiro as the villian sees a lot of his younger self in the hero. Speaking heroes, Obake eventually learns of their secret identities and gives them out to other villains which comes into effect in Season two. Honestly Obake makes a great impression in Season 1 which makes how he goes out feel unsatisfying and out of character.
1642293955276.png
I gonna say it: Globby is the MVP of the series. Starting out as a wanna-be thief, Globby (real name Dibs) gets caught in an accident involving Honey Lemon's chem-purse and a neuro-transmitter and decides to become supervillain. He goes from a loser to a competent threat to Big Hero 6. Once he finds out Obake's plans for San Fransokyo, Globby pulls a heel-face turn by helping Big Hero 6 save the city. At that point, Globby becomes an actual superhero and stays that way for the rest of the series. He even gains his own nemesis in the form of Nega-Globby. Any episode featuring Globby always bring a smile to my face. Even the one in Season 3...
1642294769860.png
I'm mixed on Noodle Burger Boy. He is a recurring antagonist in the series thanks to Obake tampering with his programming. He is fine as an antagonist for the first season before out of focus in Season 2. My big complaint with Noodle Burger Boy is that he overstays his welcome which is especially true for Season 3.
1642297299985.png
While she didn't much when she was introduced in Season 1, Liv Amara really came into her own in Season 2 as arguably the show best villain. She makes deals with other villains by giving them new powers/enhancements in exchange for their service. Hiro quickly clued in that Liv was responsible for these "enhancements", but he could never pin it on her. She also the only villain to accomplished her actual goal (which I will not spoil,) but it's that success that leads to her defeat. I should mention that Liv Amara is the main antagonist for the first HALF of Season 2.

You might have notice I have avoided talking Season 3. That is because there is a MASSIVE drop in quality between Season 3 and the rest of the series. Not only is the episode count less than half the other individual seasons, but most episodes are actually mini-episodes which hurts the writing quite a bit. Many lingering plot threads were resolved in generally unsatisfying ways. Noodle Burger Boy becomes the main antagonist of Season 3, but I don't think he works as a big bad. If you want to watch Big Hero 6: the Series, I recommend sticking to the first two seasons as Season 2 does end on a high note.

Attachments

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

The first season was rough but decent, the second season is actually great, and Season 3... we'll get to Season 3.

To start off, much of the movie cast reprised their roles for the series with the exceptions of Wasabi (now voiced by Khary Payton AKA the voice of Teen Titans Cyborg) and Fred (now voiced by Brooks Wheelan replacing T. J. Miller.) Generally everyone was in character with how they were shown in the film with a couple of exceptions. Alistair Krei is the lesser of the exceptions, but felt more jerkish than he was in the film. He does get robbed kidnapped so frequently that he kinda felt like a punching bag. My bigger grievance among the cast is Fred. I feel that he made dumber in the series than he ACTUALLY was in the movie. It was kinda hard to overlook this especially how it relates to two other characters introduced in the series. Aside from Krei and Fred, I have no real complaints regarding the returning cast.

Professor Granville served as a replacement for Professor Callaghan as he is spending time in lockdown for his actions in the film. Granville acts as a decent guiding hand for Hiro throughout the show though her role is more diminished in Season 2 onwards. Granville does have a personal connection to Season 1's main antagonist which explains why she invests so much time to Hiro.
Karmi is just fantastic. She fills in the role as Hiro's love interest, but they don't get along because they are too much alike each other. Despite not liking Hiro, Karmi loves Big Hero 6 especially Hiro's alter ego, Captain Cutie. She loves them so much, Kamri actually makes fanfiction (and later a web series) about them. Naturally Hiro feels uncomfortable about this, but the fanfiction does more good than harm as it gave out ideas and moves the team haven't thought to try with their tech. I was actually sad that she was forced to leave San Fransokyo due the event halfway into Season 2.
Mini-Max was made to keep Fred in check though that does not justify making Fred dumber. On the plus side, his superhero personality (in spite of being a robot) actually makes him a riot to watch. Despite being Fred's babysitter (even though Fred is not aware of this fact,) Mini-Max has proved himself to be quite an asset to Big Hero 6 to the point he was added to the opening animation for Season 2.
Megan Cruz was introduced in Season 2 and became the new love interest for Hiro after Karmi effectively left the series. I would be more upset this change if it weren't for the fact that Megan is actively trying to uncover the secret identities of Big Hero 6. This does cause friction between her and Hiro even though they do like each other. I wouldn't mind seeing more interactions between them, but then Season 3.
I 7@(%!#& hate Richardson Mole! He is only in the show to cause Fred (and Big Hero 6 by extension) pain and misery. If there is something Fred loves/likes, Mole will anything to ruin it for him. At one point he tricks Fred into revealing the secret identities of Big Hero 6 and forces them to let him into the team in fear of Mole leaking their secret to the public. The only reason Big Hero 6 got out of that mess was that Mole CONVENIENTLY got amnesia at the end of the episode. Should I mention that Mole has a crush on Go Go who's college aged and he's 11?
Obake is the main antagonist of the first season and arguably the whole series. This guy is why I initially compared BH6:tS to Teen Titins as he gave me Slade vibes. Obake uses other villians as pawns for his plans for San Fransokyo. He also has an unnerving interest in Hiro as the villian sees a lot of his younger self in the hero. Speaking heroes, Obake eventually learns of their secret identities and gives them out to other villains which comes into effect in Season two. Honestly Obake makes a great impression in Season 1 which makes how he goes out feel unsatisfying and out of character.
I gonna say it: Globby is the MVP of the series. Starting out as a wanna-be thief, Globby (real name Dibs) gets caught in an accident involving Honey Lemon's chem-purse and a neuro-transmitter and decides to become supervillain. He goes from a loser to a competent threat to Big Hero 6. Once he finds out Obake's plans for San Fransokyo, Globby pulls a heel-face turn by helping Big Hero 6 save the city. At that point, Globby becomes an actual superhero and stays that way for the rest of the series. He even gains his own nemesis in the form of Nega-Globby. Any episode featuring Globby always bring a smile to my face. Even the one in Season 3...
I'm mixed on Noodle Burger Boy. He is a recurring antagonist in the series thanks to Obake tampering with his programming. He is fine as an antagonist for the first season before out of focus in Season 2. My big complaint with Noodle Burger Boy is that he overstays his welcome which is especially true for Season 3.
While she didn't much when she was introduced in Season 1, Liv Amara really came into her own in Season 2 as arguably the show best villain. She makes deals with other villains by giving them new powers/enhancements in exchange for their service. Hiro quickly clued in that Liv was responsible for these "enhancements", but he could never pin it on her. She also the only villain to accomplished her actual goal (which I will not spoil,) but it's that success that leads to her defeat. I should mention that Liv Amara is the main antagonist for the first HALF of Season 2.

You might have notice I have avoided talking Season 3. That is because there is a MASSIVE drop in quality between Season 3 and the rest of the series. Not only is the episode count less than half the other individual seasons, but most episodes are actually mini-episodes which hurts the writing quite a bit. Many lingering plot threads were resolved in generally unsatisfying ways. Noodle Burger Boy becomes the main antagonist of Season 3, but I don't think he works as a big bad. If you want to watch Big Hero 6: the Series, I recommend sticking to the first two seasons as Season 2 does end on a high note.
Honestly only reason I didn't like Noodle Burger Boy is because his whole threatening "I can predict everything you do" shtick kind of got downplayed way more than it should have

Definite agree on Globby though, easily the best new character by a mile

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I'd say remove Leech Seed, Land Forme's got respectable bulk but Sky Forme's a force to be reckoned with, Serene Grace makes Earth Power more likely to lower special defence and Leech Seed's utility is too situational as it gets undone when switching. Dazzling Gleam doesn't benefit from Serene Grace but Fairy type busted lmao

Space Duck, alternatively, Krillin
Harry Potter and the sorcerer’s stone

I’ll go to school and get into some goofy and possibly life threatening shenanigans with friends.

Later down the line I’ll tussle with a bald dude and bang a redhead.

I can live with that.

For shiny Cresselia, maybe Lullaby?
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll be getting all-out offensive Shaymin ready, and Cresselia will be named Lullaby, as that was my favorite out of the three names (Though Space Duck was pretty funny).

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Eternals was such a disappointment.

Especially since the Eternals were especially responsible for our technological advances.

It just demeans how far we were capable of advancing on our own and how far us of a species gotten and treating if not for ancient astronauts then we'd remain as primitive stuck in the stone age.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

You can blame company executives for the show's decline in quality in Season 3.

Before the third season began production, they suddenly decided that the audience would enjoy the show more if it was a comedy-focused show in a two-episode segment format instead of complete single episodes.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Finished it.

Was it the worst movie ever made? No.

Was it a good movie? No.
Eternals was such a disappointment.

Especially since the Eternals were especially responsible for our technological advances.

It just demeans how far we were capable of advancing on our own and how far us of a species gotten and treating if not for ancient astronauts then we'd remain as primitive stuck in the stone age.
bright side…Black Knight and Blade
You can blame company executives for the show's decline in quality in Season 3.

Before the third season began production, they suddenly decided that the audience would enjoy the show more if it was a comedy-focused show in a two-episode segment format instead of complete single episodes.
really wanted the college stuff to have had a big factor on things…or kept the story hot with the 2 episode format like season 2 of RotTMNT

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Unpopular opinion: Shang-Chi IMO ranges from between meh and ok. Didn't find it groundbreaking as many folks made it out to be.

There's plenty of better martial artist films.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Unpopular opinion: Shang-Chi IMO ranges from between meh and ok. Didn't find it groundbreaking as many folks made it out to be.

There's plenty of better martial artist films.
Maybe it's not groundbreaking, (Though I do think having a big film like this with an Asian cast, Asian director, and all this Asian culture, represented authentically, is super awesome and a nice step forward towards more representation in media) but it doesn't need to be groundbreaking or revolutionary to be good. It's just really well produced and enjoyable. That's fantastic in my book.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom