• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Honestly if any Gens needed the EXP Share, it's the first four. The EXP curve is ****ing jank for the following reasons
Kanto: The mons all have crappy EXP yields
Johto: What the **** is this level curve
Hoenn: A random level spike at Tate and Liza and another at the league
Sinnoh: All around, you tend to be underleveled for a mix of the previous reasons. Also the league.
Unova is serviceable, and lmao the only game that really sucked with the EXP Share was Kalos because it looks like it was made for the old EXP system instead of the new one, leading to serious overleveling. Alola worked beautifully with it, and I dunno on Galar cause I never played it.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Honestly if any Gens needed the EXP Share, it's the first four. The EXP curve is ****ing jank for the following reasons
Kanto: The mons all have crappy EXP yields
Johto: What the **** is this level curve
Hoenn: A random level spike at Tate and Liza and another at the league
Sinnoh: All around, you tend to be underleveled for a mix of the previous reasons. Also the league.
Unova is serviceable, and lmao the only game that really sucked with the EXP Share was Kalos because it looks like it was made for the old EXP system instead of the new one, leading to serious overleveling. Alola worked beautifully with it, and I dunno on Galar cause I never played it.
Tbh Johto needed so much work besides the wack ass level curve. Like tf was the dex, couldn't even find like 99% of the Johto mons until Kanto and

Yeah I don't like Gen 2 at all. Literally the only Pokemon game I don't ever want to touch.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
No but for real,

Just enjoy the games you enjoy. You are free to disagree with someone about praise or criticism, your also free to even agree!

Opinions are pretty cool, unfortunately, people don’t know what they are.
That's what happens when you got a massive ass fanbase with people who refuse to grow up mixed people who refuse to understand.

Same boat as Sonic, Paper Mario, Smash, etc...

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Real chads deliberately play with underleveled teams using type match ups, status moves and stat knowledge to even the playing field.

Playing lategame Gen 7 exp.share off and taking on level 60 teams with a team of level 40s is the peak pokemon experience.

This mentality is probably how I lost a sword nuzloch

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
You guys are all like "I started with Gen 6" and "I started with Gen 4" and then I'm sitting here probably being the only one who started with Gen 3.
I started with Gen 3.
That entire era of Pokémon holds a special place in my heart as Pokémon Sapphire was the First game i ever owned myself, the Hoenn región Is a tropical setting just like where i was bien and raised and even as a grown Man i feel it has some of the coolest Pokémon ever introduced.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
next person to comment is in the Batgirl movie

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
While I haven't played it fully, from what I have played and seen, ORAS might be the best remake overall.

Sadly it got **** on for reasons.
Because it didn't have the cool Battle facilites Emerald had and they Made the game easier, this Is an objective fact as the gym leaders Pokémon had lower levels compares to the original.

And Mays redesign Is worse than her OG design.

...Okay maybe That last one Is a me thing i think her OG look Is cool.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Ya know if there's any voice actor I hope doesn't start doing NFTs, it's the Critical Role gang

I haven't really listened to the show itself that much but most of them are among my favorite voice actors and I really hope they don't invest in that ****

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
By the way, seeing as a few big name VAs are getting into NFTs, here's an extended list of VAs who openly are against NFTs, just so ya know not all hope in humanity is lost. :yeahboi:
  • Yong Yea
  • Kellen Goff
  • Casey Mongolio
  • Belsepher Rusape Jr.
  • Lizzie Freeman
  • Sean Chiplock
  • Gianni Matragrano
  • Ryan Colt Levy
  • P.M. Seymour
  • Josh Keaton
  • SungWon Cho
  • Christina Costello
  • CDawgVA
  • Gabe V.
  • Jonah Scott
  • Kai Jordan
  • Christopher McCullough
  • Kimlinh Tran
  • Evan Michael Lee
  • Chris Hackney
  • Vincent Fallow
  • Amber Lee Connors
  • Yuri Lowenthal
  • Austin Lee Matthews
  • Mark Allen Jr.
  • Kristen McGuire
  • Marissa Lenti
And more, of course.

Got this info after only like, five minutes of Twitter searching, just to put into perspective how many VAs are against this stuff. If I really wanted to, I could get loads more.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
By the way, seeing as a few big name VAs are getting into NFTs, here's an extended list of VAs who openly are against NFTs, just so ya know not all hope in humanity is lost. :yeahboi:
  • Yong Yea
  • Kellen Goff
  • Casey Mongolio
  • Belsepher Rusape Jr.
  • Lizzie Freeman
  • Sean Chiplock
  • Gianni Matragrano
  • Ryan Colt Levy
  • P.M. Seymour
  • Josh Keaton
  • SungWon Cho
  • Christina Costello
  • CDawgVA
  • Gabe V.
  • Jonah Scott
  • Kai Jordan
  • Christopher McCullough
  • Kimlinh Tran
  • Evan Michael Lee
  • Chris Hackney
  • Vincent Fallow
  • Amber Lee Connors
  • Yuri Lowenthal
  • Austin Lee Matthews
  • Mark Allen Jr.
  • Kristen McGuire
  • Marissa Lenti
And more, of course.

Got this info after only like, five minutes of Twitter searching, just to put into perspective how many VAs are against this stuff. If I really wanted to, I could get loads more.
Nice list but sadly it's the bigwig VAs that are all getting into NFTs.

I don't get why. But hope is out there.

Just a penguin

Smash Master
Welcome to today's weekly Smash Bros MTG crossover. Today, we're showcasing Ike, who fights for 1/1 friends who can't block.
Here he is:
Ike, Reformed Mercenary

I thought designing him based on his origin as a mercenary, and his evolution from that would be interesting, especially with the Treasure mechanic. Anyway, next time I'll be doing Squirtle, just Squirtle, because Nintendo decided that they wanted as many character to be counted as possible. See you then!

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Nice list but sadly it's the bigwig VAs that are all getting into NFTs.
Can't argue with that!
1642219919891.png

That list I made is composed of big names in the industry (With exception of maybe like, 3, but they're in the industry regardless) but yeah, seems most folks getting into this are in the "I voiced your childhood!" camp. So they're kinda the faces of American VO in a way. So yeah, definitely not a good look, not gonna argue with that, haha.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Can't argue with that!
View attachment 342723
That list I made is composed of big names in the industry (With exception of maybe like, 3, but they're in the industry regardless) but yeah, seems most folks getting into this are in the "I voiced your childhood!" camp. So they're kinda the faces of American VO in a way. So yeah, definitely not a good look, not gonna argue with that, haha.
Oh no, that made me realize that Mark Hamill is highly susceptible to getting scammed into by cryptobros

Oh no

(Side note: Sorry if it seems like I'm focusing on my favorite VAs, I'm hoping no one else gets into that stuff but I tend to fixate on the stuff I have personal connection to)

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Can't argue with that!
View attachment 342723
Butch Hartman type beat

Shroob

Sup?
  • Yong Yea
  • Kellen Goff
  • Casey Mongolio
  • Belsepher Rusape Jr.
  • Lizzie Freeman
  • Sean Chiplock
  • Gianni Matragrano
  • Ryan Colt Levy
  • P.M. Seymour
  • Josh Keaton
  • SungWon Cho
  • Christina Costello
  • CDawgVA
  • Gabe V.
  • Jonah Scott
  • Kai Jordan
  • Christopher McCullough
  • Kimlinh Tran
  • Evan Michael Lee
  • Chris Hackney
  • Vincent Fallow
  • Amber Lee Connors
  • Yuri Lowenthal
  • Austin Lee Matthews
  • Mark Allen Jr.
  • Kristen McGuire
  • Marissa Lenti
And more, of course.

1642221348959.png

"Gregory. Do you see that folder on the home screen? The one titled "My Personal Collection"? I need you to open that folder, Gregory. That folder is where I keep all my stolen NFTs. I need you to upload it to Mediafire so the world can have access to them."

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
View attachment 342727

"Gregory. Do you see that folder on the home screen? The one titled "My Personal Collection"? I need you to open that folder, Gregory. That folder is where I keep all my stolen NFTs. I need you to upload it to Mediafire so the world can have access to them."
I am most certainly recording this when I get home tommorow.

Shroob

Sup?
It still blows me away that Kellen has such an outstanding range.

From ṵ̴͉̦̼̞̻͖̬͂̀̑̈́̿̇̎͛̈́͘͝͠n̶̨̢͔̙̥̯͉̠̆s̶͍̫̼͙̈́̆̌͘ṗ̶̧̩̝͍̘͖̖̹͓̝̎̽ĕ̷̬̘͖͖͔͕͉̌̑̀a̵͍̺̩̪̘͔̣̥͐͊̒̀̿͑̄̉͘͠k̶̢͉͈̲͔̬̠̍̀̇͛̇̏̌̾͐̚͝ǎ̴̖͚̫̃͛̌̈́̚͝b̷̢̢̧̧̖͎̪̦̤̤̻͉̈́̆̍̈́̽͛͗͐̓̓̈́͝ͅļ̷̙̭̭̹̩̬̳͕͔̗̞̖̥̟̊̑͐̅̏̕̚͝͝ẻ̷̛̩̺͑̅̒̌̆̊̓͆ ̷̧̻̼̘̲̺̦̼͓̠̜̈̇̒͊͌̈̕h̷̭̭͈̔̊̋̾͑̆̃̚o̸̧̜̭̘͓̩̹͔̝̼̜͕̥̮̊̋̌̉̉̈́͗̌̾̉͂̐͂̇͜r̴̛̗͖͎̪͕͙̤̥̝͂͆̀̆̈̏̀͌̐͝͠r̷̨̛̖͙̯̩̫̜̈́̃͐̃̽͘͘̚ǫ̵̹̘̻̞̭̗̠̫͉̹́̍̓͗̋̀̈̍̽̑͗́͑͜͝͠r̵͎͕̳̎̅͑̔͗̈́̎̈́ for Fiddlesticks in LoL

To maniac party entertainment for Funtime Freddy/Surprise Party Fiddlesticks

To dad in Glamrock Freddy

Dude's insane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom