• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
every Pokemon game is easy
Louder for those in the back

I mean, that's what happens when your baby's first rpg didn't have a basic rpg feature until like 15ish years later.

And tbf, it wasn't implemented well nor balanced well when introduced. Gen 6's EXP share was a ****ing mess because they adjusted how exp works way too much, but it gotten so much better with 7 and 8. So far, I haven't gotten an issue with BDSP and I didn't have any overleveling issues in SuMo. SwSh would've been easy even without it, so I won't knock the exp share for that.
SwSh be like

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
It's because the game isnt balanced around it like other games.

Like, and i know this is going to piss off some people, but in Yokai watch all your party members get EXP, but the games bosses are still resonably difficult like older Pokemon games, but in modern Pokemon games you ONLY need one Pokemon and the rest of the team is never needed.

Oh and they forced it on the player, i liked it when it was an optional thing because it let the player play the game how they want.
I mean, I fully understand not like Gen 6's, as TheMightyP TheMightyP said X&Y threw a bunch of OP options at the player and didn't scale the world encounters for them, which means you have to try really hard to keep any challenge in the games. Probably part of why X&Y have aged so poorly with me.

However, I'd argue they've only gotten better since then: BDSP is genuinely a supper huge improvement, and SuMo handled it wonderfully as well. SwSh was a bit of an oopsie but TBF SwSh was (again, IMO) a troubled game and, from my own personal speculation, probably a leftover game from 3DS that was awkwardly sandwiched between Let's Go and PLA dev and planning.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
TBF I only ended up overleveled here in BDSP because I messed around with side stuff a bunch and kept catching a buncha different 'Mons because the (IMO) stinky Regional Dex was super limiting and I never settled on a team (I'm 7 badges in and still swapping a ton of 'Mons around, lol).

If I stuck with a solid team and only did trainer fights? No joke, BDSP probably would be one of the hardest games. I'm legit super interested in nuzlocking this game.
As someone who stuck with a solid team and only really caught a little bit of mons and did some (not all mind you) trainer battles, yeah it's pretty balanced in that regard. Like my Empoleon was only like 1 or 2 levels higher than Candice's ace, and the rest were either under by like 1 or 2 or at the same level.

In terms of Nuzlocking, the Elite 4 and Cynthia seems to be the absolute bane of nuzlockers so it's gonna be hella interesting to Nuzlocke

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Confession: I failed a Pokemon Sword nuzloch.

I got cocky and rushed through it. Thought I could take on Bea without any preperation because my team had a good match up against fighting types. I was wrong.

The gym leaders actually have some nasty tricks up their sleaves, you just never get to see them because oops your slightly overleveled Baboom just one shotted Nessa Drednaw before it could swift swim sweep you.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Confession: I failed a Pokemon Sword nuzloch.

I got cocky and rushed through it. Thought I could take on Bea without any preperation because my team had a good match up against fighting types. I was wrong.

The gym leaders actually have some nasty tricks up their sleaves, you just never get to see them because oops your slightly overleveled Baboom just one shotted Nessa Drednaw before it could swift swim sweep you.
They did the same with BDSP with giving Gym Leaders actual strats but you actually get to see them this time around since the game was actually better balanced.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
It's 4 AM, I shouldn't be browsing Smashboards... Well, got nothing better to do since I can't go back to sleep

People who started the series with Gen 6 experiencing a mildly difficult boss fight with Cynthia in BDSP after nearly a decade of easy games be like:

As someone who did in fact start the series with Gen 6 but also gone back to play the older games, they're not that much harder, especially if you grind extensively like I did.

Sure you got some hard fights here and there but it's nothing that can't be handled with some proper leveling up

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
BDSP made me realize why Gallade was a post game thing in the original games.

He's too broken.
Is Gallade even that broken? There are more powerful Pokemon in the Sinnoh region even if you discount the legendaries. E.g. Garchomp pretty much ****s on everything with Steel and Dark type coverage moves post game to hit Fairy types and Bronzong alongside STAB Dragon Claw and Earthquake.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I mean, I fully understand not like Gen 6's, as TheMightyP TheMightyP said X&Y threw a bunch of OP options at the player and didn't scale the world encounters for them, which means you have to try really hard to keep any challenge in the games. Probably part of why X&Y have aged so poorly with me.
Well yeah but remember, they were actually options back then lol You could turn them off if you wanted too. Same with ORAS and SM.

The problem is that in the Switch games they forced it on you and never balanced the game. Which is especially awkward in BDSP because your constantly overleveled.

It's 4 AM, I shouldn't be browsing Smashboards... Well, got nothing better to do since I can't go back to sleep

As someone who did in fact start the series with Gen 6 but also gone back to play the older games, they're not that much harder, especially if you grind extensively like I did.

Sure you got some hard fights here and there but it's nothing that can't be handled with some proper leveling up
Yeah the games were never hard, but they were challenging enough to be fun, which is what i'm trying to explain, i think the most recent stuff is too easy to the point of being boring but in the older games the mild difficulty made the game really fun.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I've never even attempted a Nuzlocke before, though I may attempt one of the original Pearl in honor of BDSP's release.

I'll probably fail miserably lmao

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Yeah the games were never hard, but they were challenging enough to be fun, which is what i'm trying to explain, i think the most recent stuff is too easy to the point of being boring but in the older games the mild difficulty made the game really fun.
Fun is subjective.

I found Sun and Moon to be incredibly fun, at least as a 15 year old since I haven't played them since they came out.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Long Cutscenes bad.

I havent played through the Alola games at all since like 2018 i chose not to do it because of the amount of cutscenes sure the characters are good but dammit guys i just want to play the game.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
now that it’s known how great the Batgirl costume is gonna be, I just hope the movie is good

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Tbh, I feel like the disconnect in the fandom is that people act like you have to either be a fan of the first 4 gens or the last 4 gens and no in between. When in reality the first 4 are ass (not 3 though) and the last 4 had peak Pokemon twice.

Ok but seriously, people act like if you like the last 4 your a little baby who can't tolerate criticism and if you like the first 4 you're a boomer ass nostalgia blind brat. What people fail to consider is that people can like both, people can acknowledge the flaws of both while not being blind to the flaws of the other. The games aren't objectively worse just because someone didn't like them, that's not how objectivity works. For example, I can say that Gen 5-8 are more streamlined to make the games more enjoyable with removals of HMs and loads of QOL improvements that overall make the games more enjoyable to most players. That is objective. To say that Gen 5 was the last good one and everything after is trash is subjective. Someone can say that Gen 1 was better, or that Gen 6 was better, or that all the Gens were better.

Unfortunately, Pokemon fans don't know subjectivity and treat as if their opinion is definitive fact. Yes, I am hella guilty of this too, being a Gen 5 stan and all.

Maybe, maybe...

We just like Pokemon?

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Tbh, I feel like the disconnect in the fandom is that people act like you have to either be a fan of the first 4 gens or the last 4 gens and no in between. When in reality the first 4 are ass (not 3 though) and the last 4 had peak Pokemon twice.

Ok but seriously, people act like if you like the last 4 your a little baby who can't tolerate criticism and if you like the first 4 you're a boomer ass nostalgia blind brat. What people fail to consider is that people can like both, people can acknowledge the flaws of both while not being blind to the flaws of the other. The games aren't objectively worse just because someone didn't like them, that's not how objectivity works. For example, I can say that Gen 5-8 are more streamlined to make the games more enjoyable with removals of HMs and loads of QOL improvements that overall make the games more enjoyable to most players. That is objective. To say that Gen 5 was the last good one and everything after is trash is subjective. Someone can say that Gen 1 was better, or that Gen 6 was better, or that all the Gens were better.

Unfortunately, Pokemon fans don't know subjectivity and treat as if their opinion is definitive fact. Yes, I am hella guilty of this too, being a Gen 5 stan and all.

Maybe, maybe...

We just like Pokemon?
1642215942389.jpeg

People have opinions? Inconceivable.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

Maybe, maybe...

We just like Pokemon?
Trash take, the truth is everyone’s opinion (except mine, I am based) sucks and only my favorite games are good.
Cope. :4pacman:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom