• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Ok, but I just want you to play DQ11 because it's peak RPG. And I think you'd like it a lot.

I have a confession to make.

...I bought it at launch for Switch

I love it

I was playing through it

it made me feel like a kid playing Chrono Trigger for the first time again

and I got distracted by other games and stopped

and now that my backlog is as high as it is, i have no idea when I'll pick it back up again, especially when Nintendo's goin' wild this year

painpeko.png

it is my greatest video game crime

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

I have a confession to make.

...I bought it at launch for Switch

I love it

I was playing through it

it made me feel like a kid playing Chrono Trigger for the first time again

and I got distracted by other games and stopped

and now that my backlog is as high as it is, i have no idea when I'll pick it back up again, especially when Nintendo's goin' wild this year

View attachment 342688

it is my greatest video game crime
Finish it.

For Serena.
For Erik.
For Sylvando.

Oh and Jade, yeah she exists.

Ivander

Smash Legend
NFTs. That's all I can think of.
The whole NFT discussion is just people agreeing that NFTs suck. Not really much of a discussion.
Do we want to discuss what NFTs were originally for and how they came to become this way? I mean, I think trying to look at the origin point and finding where it lead to where we are now would certainly help with understanding why the currant scenario sucks so much. It's one thing to know something sucks, but it's another thing to understand why and what makes it suck.

MooMew64

Finish it.

For Serena.
For Erik.
For Sylvando.

Oh and Jade, yeah she exists.
Thankfully, Splatoon 3 looks like it's gonna be a late summer launch at the earliest with no date announcement yet, so after I beat some of the stuff I'm playing now and play Kirby, that leaves all of late spring and early summer. I might just finally jump back in and go for it.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Pokemon graphics good?

Only Gen 5 looked good, the rest of the series are all Atari Jaguar level at best smh.
Pokemon never should have gone 3D.

It really does bug me that Gamefreak unironically used the graphics as Sword and shields selling point as if those upscaled 3DS graphics are supposed to make up for a lackluster plot, a region thats nothing but hallways. It's annoying.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Gen 1 is still best gen because it had the best gramphics, best gramplay, best storyline, and it gave us certified Pokemon icons like Ekans and Seal.

You know I'm right.
Unironically though, the glitches make Gen 1 ****ing fun to break. It's honestly a wonder how they managed to get away with selling such a broken ass mess of a game.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
So is now a bad time to say that the last 4 gens > the first 4?
It's always a bad time to say that.

Except for Kanto, the music in G1 gives me a headache.

And debatably Gen 6, ORAS is easily the best 3D game in the series, it had the exploration of the older games while keeping the cool newer stuff like Mega evolution, unfortinately we had to sacrifice May's cool classic outfit for the ORAS one.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
People who started the series with Gen 6 experiencing a mildly difficult boss fight with Cynthia in BDSP after nearly a decade of easy games be like:

If you slander gen 7 I will cry.

This is your only warning.
There is no exploration until post game.

you will cry now.

MooMew64

Yeah, we're ****ing bored. What else is new.

And it's not like we can wait for the next major vidya gaem release for something new because it's ****ing Pokemon again.
I just wonder when the madness is really gonna start.

The ceiling debate was simply the appetizer; I'm talkin' 'bout the real storm a brewin' when a funny leaker posts something that will be interpreted as worrying/negative and then everything explodes.

You know it's coming because this is the state we've been in since Let's Go. :nifty:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Yeah, we're ****ing bored. What else is new.

And it's not like we can wait for the next major vidya gaem release for something new because it's ****ing Pokemon again.
A game that seems specifically hellbent on shutting me up, the Pokemon featured are ones i love, 2 of the three starters are ones i like a lot, it's set in a setting that i like, and the entire selling point is exploration which i feel Pokemon has been lacking for the past.

But there has to be a catch, something wrong here, i can feel it.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I just wonder when the madness is really gonna start.

The ceiling debate was simply the appetizer; I'm talkin' 'bout the real storm a brewin' when a funny leaker posts something that will be interpreted as worrying/negative and then everything explodes.

You know it's coming because this is the state we've been in since Let's Go. :nifty:
I mean EXP share is 100% in. I'm surprised people haven't blown up about that yet considering it's a controversial feature.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Pokemon Sun and Moon had the best story of any Pokemon game since Black and White and after X and Y's poor story and characters that alone deserves praise. Lillie is also my favourite deuteragonist in Pokemon. The game also had some hard moments with the Totems depending on the Pokemon you had and I will never forget the people talking about Totem Lurantis being hard (for a Pokemon game as every Pokemon game is easy), Kukui was a great final boss and Lusamine IMO was the best villain overall. Also Guzma was based.

I didn't mind the cutscenes overall in Sun and Moon, but I do think the handholdy nature is a genuine complaint and makes the first island hard to get through.

It's in my top 5 honestly, legit think it's only worse then the Gen V games and Platinum.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Pokémon fans are the only RPG fans I've ever seen view it as a negative.
I mean, that's what happens when your baby's first rpg didn't have a basic rpg feature until like 15ish years later.

And tbf, it wasn't implemented well nor balanced well when introduced. Gen 6's EXP share was a ****ing mess because they adjusted how exp works way too much, but it gotten so much better with 7 and 8. So far, I haven't gotten an issue with BDSP and I didn't have any overleveling issues in SuMo. SwSh would've been easy even without it, so I won't knock the exp share for that.

MooMew64

I mean, that's what happens when your baby's first rpg didn't have a basic rpg feature until like 15ish years later.

And tbf, it wasn't implemented well nor balanced well when introduced. Gen 6's EXP share was a ****ing mess because they adjusted how exp works way too much, but it gotten so much better with 7 and 8. So far, I haven't gotten an issue with BDSP and I didn't have any overleveling issues in SuMo. SwSh would've been easy even without it, so I won't knock the exp share for that.
TBF I only ended up overleveled here in BDSP because I messed around with side stuff a bunch and kept catching a buncha different 'Mons because the (IMO) stinky Regional Dex was super limiting and I never settled on a team (I'm 7 badges in and still swapping a ton of 'Mons around, lol).

If I stuck with a solid team and only did trainer fights? No joke, BDSP probably would be one of the hardest games. I'm legit super interested in nuzlocking this game.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Pokémon fans are the only RPG fans I've ever seen view it as a negative.
It's because the game isnt balanced around it like other games.

Like, and i know this is going to piss off some people, but in Yokai watch all your party members get EXP, but the games bosses are still resonably difficult like older Pokemon games, but in modern Pokemon games you ONLY need one Pokemon and the rest of the team is never needed.

Oh and they forced it on the player, i liked it when it was an optional thing because it let the player play the game how they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom