• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Even better, the company he’s partnered with is all about AI voice over tech which aims to make him and his peers redundant someday
I don’t like how he’s saying “you can hate or you can create” as if those who were negatively affected by NFTs due to its over abundant usage of energy and what not are to blame themselves

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I don’t like how he’s saying “you can have or you can create” as if those who were negatively affected by NFTs due to its over abundant usage of energy and what not are to blame themselves
Troy's always been incredibly thin-skinned.
Man quoted Jason Schreier saying "Games are too long" with a whole ****ing "Man in the Arena" quote from Teddy Roosevelt.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
We have some other unrelated news
Let me just steal this straight from Serebii real quick
Shiny Galarian Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres are to be given to players who participate in the International Challenge February, March & April online competitions. Shiny Galarian Articuno will be given to players who enter and battle in the 2022 International Challenge February. Registration runs from February 3rd to 17th with battles from February 18th to the 20th Shiny Galarian Zapdos will be given to players who enter and battle in the 2022 International Challenge March. Registration runs from February 24th to March 10th with battles from March 11th - 13th Shiny Galarian Moltres will be given to players who enter and battle in the 2022 International Challenge April. Registration runs from March 31st - April 14th with battles from April 15th - 17th

Oh also
They're really pulling out all the stops for this one.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Sounds like this whole NFT thing is becoming the next anti-vaxxers.
I think it's more analogous to a ponzi or pyramid scheme. It's a huge scam encouraging people to invest in something that has no actual value.

This NFT bubble will pop eventually and a lot of people's bank accounts are going to be hurting for it.

...I'd say it's being enviromentally unfriendly would set it apart, but pyramid schemes are built around overproduction and aren't exactly great for the environment either.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
What's up with all these voice actors getting into NFTs?
Idk but you will be glad to hear Chris Hackney and Eric Vale are violently against it. Chris regularly tweets "**** NFTs" and Eric vale, in fact ,responded to a post about this voice nft thing with , I quote, "Please choke on your own **** forever" so it's pretty clear he hates nfts with a passion

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well after an 18 hour drive, my family and I have finally arrived at our new home. It was quite a long trip with our four dogs and five cats all in one cargo van, alongside a lot of our stuff. But we got here safe and sound which is nice. Hoping for a bright future ahead here!

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Troy's NFT tweet is one of the most tone deaf and condescending things I've seen in a while.

I wish no ill will towards him or anyone involved, but to say I'm extremely disappointed in him is an understatement.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This isn't a drill, Troy Baker joined some weird ass NFT thing
Troy after he got all that money for this:
1642184765449.png

We have some other unrelated news
Let me just steal this straight from Serebii real quick
Shiny Galarian Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres are to be given to players who participate in the International Challenge February, March & April online competitions. Shiny Galarian Articuno will be given to players who enter and battle in the 2022 International Challenge February. Registration runs from February 3rd to 17th with battles from February 18th to the 20th Shiny Galarian Zapdos will be given to players who enter and battle in the 2022 International Challenge March. Registration runs from February 24th to March 10th with battles from March 11th - 13th Shiny Galarian Moltres will be given to players who enter and battle in the 2022 International Challenge April. Registration runs from March 31st - April 14th with battles from April 15th - 17th

Oh also
They're really pulling out all the stops for this one.

That’s a pretty cool distrubtion event. I really like the birds having their normal colors. It’s weird but a cool concept.

Also Brock is back for this anime special? I wonder how and why. Plus we haven’t seen him get sent back in time in the previews so I wonder what happens.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Been playing a lot more Deadly Premonition today and I swear York's mindset is literally the exact same as mine.

I wouldn't be surprised if Swery65 is autistic what I'm thinking now.

I think it's more analogous to a ponzi or pyramid scheme. It's a huge scam encouraging people to invest in something that has no actual value.

This NFT bubble will pop eventually and a lot of people's bank accounts are going to be hurting for it.

...I'd say it's being enviromentally unfriendly would set it apart, but pyramid schemes are built around overproduction and aren't exactly great for the environment either.
Pride comes before a fall and I can't wait for it. Hopefully crypto will follow.

Though what worries me the most, the tech based in NFTs could lead to a lot harder to share stuff on the internet.

We're now currently two weeks into 2022. How is it for everyone?
Outside of severing ties with quite a few people for mental health reasons and increasingly eating a lot more protein stuff/ice cream to gain weight not much has changed.

Also waiting for a bloody decent day to get on my bike but it's freezin or rainin.

Noipoi

Howdy!
We're now currently two weeks into 2022. How is it for everyone?
My sleep schedule is ruined, my anxiety and self loathing are peaking, I’m super bored now that I’m out of a job (it was annoying, but it gave me something to do) and all I want to do is sleep, watch Encanto, and forget I exist.

But Legends Arceus looks cool :nifty:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
My sleep schedule is ruined, my anxiety and self loathing are peaking, I’m super bored now that I’m out of a job (it was annoying, but it gave me something to do) and all I want to do is sleep, watch Encanto, and forget I exist.

But Legends Arceus looks cool :nifty:
Know the feeling my dude. That's me with my anxiety as well along with my obsessive compulsive thoughts which my anxiety tends to mostly stem from. Thankfully landed myself a therapist and she'll help me manage them better. Be seeing her on the 24th.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom