• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Ah, my bad. As for MHA, any reason in particular you dropped it? Not to go "Oh it gets better later" as I find that to more often than not be self torture if you have to watch an entire season you didn't like or invest a ****ton of time in a game before you grow numb, but I want to try and understand what you did or didn't like about it so I can get an idea for your taste. Same goes for the other anime you watched and what your thoughts on them
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - I REALLY REALLY LIKE THIS. Good story, good characters, good animation; It's just really great overall.

Also this one of my favorite things in this entire show.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Pop Team Epic - Honestly really fun and goofy! I think the humor started to get a little old, but I enjoyed my time with it. Probably my favorite part of the whole thing is how they change actors literally every episode for no reason other than "it's funny." I love it, haha.
Sword Art: Online - ...It's Sword Art: Online alright.
My Hero Academia - Honestly, I thought it had some neat ideas and premises and stuff, but I kinda just started getting bored with it over time, and admittedly I'm not 100% sure why. Also the horny jokes cough mineta cough ain't really my thing.
View attachment 342563

Very well...

FIRST UP ON THE LIST

Steins;Gate. Fantastic show about time travel that has a slow build up but when it gets going HOO BOY IT GETS GOIN ALRIGHT. Best watching with zero spoilers going in; If you loved stuff like FMA, y'all gonna love this.

Trigun is an alltime classic sci-fi cowboy western. Has one of the most lovable protags you'll ever watch and the animation is amazing, even by today's standards.

Rurouni Kenshin is about samurai. Has some of the best anime fights in the business: Gives modern battle shounens like MHA a run for their money.

Saiki K is a comedy about a kid who is overpowered as all get go (he's basically a god) but he has no interest in doing anything with incredible with them or anyone knowing he has these powers. He's just going about his day to day, and wild hijinks ensue.

The poster series for the "cute girls doing cute things" genre. Slice of life, very chill. Ain't pervy. There's a bathhouse scene in one of the episodes, but from what I remember about it, it ain't creepy, it's moreso just a cultural thing.

Cute characters. Camping. It's literally one of the most wholesome pieces of media produced by man. Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna and Lamperouge Lamperouge can vouch.

Girl down on her luck finding a job gets roped into helping revitalize a small town. Incredibly wholesome, super inspiring, it's in my top 5 best anime.

animal crossing movie watchitwatchitwatchitwatchiwatchit

Nichijou. The greatest comedy ever written.

Please do yourself a favor and watch it. It's pure genius.

The second greatest comedy ever written, Azumanga Diaoh.

Words connot do it justice. It must be experienced. [
/SPOILER]

I could easily give more, but those are the easy starters.
Ooh, I actually have watched the Animal Crossing movie! Might try Laid Back Camp and the one above it, too. I dig their art styles!

Shroob

Sup?
Apparently

The NSO port of Paper Mario 64 has intentionally added lag to some instances of the game for.... reasons?

People have dug into the code of the rom and found that the Lava Piranha fight, the Game Over screen, and the Pause Menu all have lag added into them specifically in this version and in no others....? And if you remove the pieces of code added in the game runs fine....?

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Also Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! just to also add as well ( MooMew64 MooMew64 and maybe Lamperouge Lamperouge can agree) but if you see an anime made by this company:

1642114217091.png

You are in for a great show. So to recommend on that:

Amagi Brilliant Park
Beyond the Boundary
Clannad
Haruhi Suzumiya
Hyouka
K-On! - Seriously watch this one.
Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions!

Lucky Star - I know a lot of anime fans and this is the "unsung" GOAT to many including Solar.

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
Myriad Colours Phantom World
Nichijou
Sound Euphoium
Tamako Market - My current Pfp.
Violet Evergarden.

And adding as well:

1642114811914.png

If you want such an anime plot. It's zombie idols trying to save Japan's equivalent of New Hampshire from being wiped from history in a comedy horror/idol/action/mystery and the rest of the kitchen sink. It's one of the most anime things I've seen.

And saying it to the two I taged to watch as well.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Also Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! just to also add as well ( MooMew64 MooMew64 and maybe Lamperouge Lamperouge can agree) but if you see an anime made by this company:

View attachment 342570

You are in for a great show. So to recommend on that:

Amagi Brilliant Park
Beyond the Boundary
Clannad
Haruhi Suzumiya
Hyouka
K-On! - Seriously watch this one.
Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions!

Lucky Star - I know a lot of anime fans and this is the "unsung" GOAT to many including Solar.

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
Myriad Colours Phantom World
Nichijou
Sound Euphoium
Tamako Market - My current Pfp.
Violet Evergarden.

And adding as well:

View attachment 342571

If you want such an anime plot. It's zombie idols trying to save Japan's equivalent of New Hampshire from being wiped from history in a comedy horror/idol/action/mystery and the rest of the kitchen sink. It's one of the most anime things I've seen.

And saying it to the two I taged to watch as well.
My only knowledge of Zombie Land Saga consists of this video.
Nah but really, looks neat!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - I REALLY REALLY LIKE THIS. Good story, good characters, good animation; It's just really great overall.

Also this one of my favorite things in this entire show.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Pop Team Epic - Honestly really fun and goofy! I think the humor started to get a little old, but I enjoyed my time with it. Probably my favorite part of the whole thing is how they change actors literally every episode for no reason other than "it's funny." I love it, haha.
Sword Art: Online - ...It's Sword Art: Online alright.
My Hero Academia - Honestly, I thought it had some neat ideas and premises and stuff, but I kinda just started getting bored with it over time, and admittedly I'm not 100% sure why. Also the horny jokes cough mineta cough ain't really my thing.

Ooh, I actually have watched the Animal Crossing movie! Might try Laid Back Camp and the one above it, too. I dig their art styles!
I get the feeling comedic shows are more your thing so the first thing that comes to mind is Zombieland Saga, an idol anime, but the idols are the undead. I get that you'd like it solely for one voice performance in particular

In case you prefer subs then you still see a godlike performance

EDIT: LMAOOO GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE

Also sexual humour is kept to a minimum, only instance I remember is with the character who was an oiran, old school Japanese entertainer and prostitute, before she died

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I get the feeling comedic shows are more your thing so the first thing that comes to mind is Zombieland Saga, an idol anime, but the idols are the undead. I get that you'd like it solely for one voice performance in particular

Holy ****, my man went ham in the booth. I approve. I can truly feel the "I get ENRAGED when I lose at children's video games" energy.
No but seriously I love this show's VO already, haha

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Holy ****, my man went ham in the booth. I approve. I can truly feel the "I get ENRAGED when I lose at children's video games" energy.
No but seriously I love this show's VO already, haha
Mew recommended Steins Gate and maybe cause that's the last anime I saw, the main character for that shares the same VA as him in the JP version and the English dub is absolutely brilliant. That being said Steins Gate is also hella sexual and handled the trans character... Not so great

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Apparently

The NSO port of Paper Mario 64 has intentionally added lag to some instances of the game for.... reasons?

People have dug into the code of the rom and found that the Lava Piranha fight, the Game Over screen, and the Pause Menu all have lag added into them specifically in this version and in no others....? And if you remove the pieces of code added in the game runs fine....?
I have no idea what they’re doing with this service.

I don’t think they do either.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So we were talking about pokemon fans, so let me meme a bit
Gen 1 fans wondering where everybody went
fetchimage (3).jpeg

Gen 2 fans explaining why ****ty game design makes the games good
Gen 3 fans when adding the Battle Frontier doesn't save their marriage
Screenshot_20211104-124603_YouTube.jpg
Gen 4 fans looking at the most slow and boring **** ever
tenor.png
Gen 5 fans when someone claims the games weren't underrated
128.jpg
Gen 6 fans realizing it's safe to come out of hiding
download (3).jpeg

Gen 7 fans when no cutscene
2ea.jpg
Gen 8 fans arguing if Gen 8 is good or not

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
So we were talking about pokemon fans, so let me meme a bit
Gen 1 fans wondering where everybody went
View attachment 342573
Gen 2 fans explaining why ****ty game design makes the games good
Gen 3 fans when adding the Battle Frontier doesn't save their marriage
View attachment 342574Gen 4 fans looking at the most slow and boring **** ever
View attachment 342575Gen 5 fans when someone claims the games weren't underrated
View attachment 342576Gen 6 fans realizing it's safe to come out of hiding
View attachment 342577
Gen 7 fans when no cutsceneView attachment 342578Gen 8 fans arguing if Gen 8 is good or not
Fans of Pokemon spinoffs such as Ranger and Pokken

1642117437763.png

I won't take any objections for this

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Wait, really?

So when I got my shiny Dracozolt in about four days it was full odds?

nice
Apparently.

I'm considering doing a Dracozolt hunt myself for my mono-dragon team...but I've never done a full odds shiny hunt before so I'm a little scared.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

EDIT: LMAOOO GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE

Also sexual humour is kept to a minimum, only instance I remember is with the character who was an oiran, old school Japanese entertainer and prostitute, before she died
If a god was reincarnated into a Japanese Voice Actor it's Mamoru Miyano. That's mans vocals is just:

1642117105247.png

Okabe Rintaro, Light Yagami, Kotaro Tatsumi, Ignis from FFXV, Flynn from Tales of Vesperia, Haru Katou (cause I know Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo would kill me if I didn't put Millionaire Detective).

The man's voice is perfect..............................but he was horribly miscast as Ryuji in Persona. I stand by my personal view on that.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Wait what.... when did that happen, where did that happen, how did that happen, and please tell me Paul Reubans is involved.
during some surgery being done upon Peacemaker (due to blowing up a meta human after they had naughty fun time…which yes was apart of the plot to Segway into the baddies), the big hairy guy said that he’d rather be working with Harley or Bat-Mite than John Cena. JCPM was shocked to hear about such a name, and the other guy talked about how he’s a massive Batman stan who can go across dimensions just to simp for Bats.

you don’t actually get to see him in a show that isn’t about Bat people, but maybe he can show up in Flash or Batgirl…or forever be a known character that’s never shown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom