• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Which ones are you watching?

'Cause there are plenty that are...not that.
Here's the "anime status" as of now

Finished - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, (I actually really liked FMAB) Sword Art: Online
Watched - Pop Team Epic
I Gave Up After Season 1 - My Hero Academia

I've also watched a bunch of Studio Ghibli films, but I'm more so referring to the serialized stuff you find on Crunchyroll and the like. Most of what I've really seen from those shows from images and clips and the like is just big honkers or a lot of tropey stuff, and I'm like- "Am I looking at the wrong ones here?"

Word of the wise Guh, it's best you ignore those people. Do not interact.

I know the irony of saying this on Smashboards but from experience, those people are not pleasent irl and may be some of the worst people you'll ever meet.
I already avoid anyone who thinks they're "more cultured" for any reason, honestly. They're usually just not fun people and also a-holes, haha.

Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah!

If you're in the market for what good anime looks like, just lemme know.

I got recommends for the good stuffs. :nifty:
Teach me. :yeahboi:

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Not gonna lie, I do not understand the mass appeal of anime in the US.
View attachment 342556
Genuine question to folks here who watch a lot of anime: Am I missing something? Cause a lot of the ones I've tried just feel like horny cartoons from Japan.
I think I heard something about Japanese animations doing softcore ecchi rather than actual smut is so that they can sell more.

That said, alot of anime I watched early on may have had a fanservice scene or two in, but they hardly focused on that. Nowadays, I can see why some people really compare some animes to softcore ecchi and whatnot and besides Gintama, which has fanservice for both girls and guys, but doesn't really focus on those, I don't really watch anime nowadays. And it doesn't help that animes today seem to follow the same tropes quite alot.

That said, I do like the manga/anime style. I am a fan of particularly artistic styles and I enjoy some of the things that anime has brought or does in terms of animations and whatnot. Like I enjoy Studio Ghibli films and whatnot. Cardcaptor Sakura still remains my favorite anime series to date. And I like going back to Gintama from time to time. So I think that much like cartoons, movies and games, there will just be some animes you don't like and some animes you do like.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Pop Team Epic is under "I Watched It", I actually enjoyed that show, haha. Only My Hero Academia gets the "I Gave Up After Season 1" treatment. :4pacman:

And there might be a season 2? Not 100% sure!
Ah, my bad. As for MHA, any reason in particular you dropped it? Not to go "Oh it gets better later" as I find that to more often than not be self torture if you have to watch an entire season you didn't like or invest a ****ton of time in a game before you grow numb, but I want to try and understand what you did or didn't like about it so I can get an idea for your taste. Same goes for the other anime you watched and what your thoughts on them

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Teach me. :yeahboi:
1635200491070.png

Very well...

FIRST UP ON THE LIST

Steins;Gate. Fantastic show about time travel that has a slow build up but when it gets going HOO BOY IT GETS GOIN ALRIGHT. Best watching with zero spoilers going in; If you loved stuff like FMA, y'all gonna love this.

Trigun is an alltime classic sci-fi cowboy western. Has one of the most lovable protags you'll ever watch and the animation is amazing, even by today's standards.

Rurouni Kenshin is about samurai. Has some of the best anime fights in the business: Gives modern battle shounens like MHA a run for their money.

Saiki K is a comedy about a kid who is overpowered as all get go (he's basically a god) but he has no interest in doing anything with incredible with them or anyone knowing he has these powers. He's just going about his day to day, and wild hijinks ensue.

The poster series for the "cute girls doing cute things" genre. Slice of life, very chill. Ain't pervy. There's a bathhouse scene in one of the episodes, but from what I remember about it, it ain't creepy, it's moreso just a cultural thing.

Cute characters. Camping. It's literally one of the most wholesome pieces of media produced by man. Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna and Lamperouge Lamperouge can vouch.

Girl down on her luck finding a job gets roped into helping revitalize a small town. Incredibly wholesome, super inspiring, it's in my top 5 best anime.

animal crossing movie watchitwatchitwatchitwatchiwatchit

Nichijou. The greatest comedy ever written.

Please do yourself a favor and watch it. It's pure genius.

The second greatest comedy ever written, Azumanga Diaoh.

Words connot do it justice. It must be experienced. [
/SPOILER]

I could easily give more, but those are the easy starters.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Not gonna lie, I do not understand the mass appeal of anime in the US.
View attachment 342556
Genuine question to folks here who watch a lot of anime: Am I missing something? Cause a lot of the ones I've tried just feel like horny cartoons from Japan.
One reason I can think of is that there is little to no content in terms of adult western animation outside of crude comedies.
Yes there are anime for kids, but there also lots of anime meant for teens and adults.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
It's 2022. I started playing Just Cause 3 and 4, Genshin Impact, Fire Emblem Warriors, two Neptunia games and goddamn Deadly Premonition before Smash Bros Ultimate and a PS first party game.
This is gonna be an interesting year.

Also:

I'm loving Deemo's soundtrack. It is so good.

thanks sony
anime-sigh.gif

I just wanna get a PS5 bro before my birthday. **** gonna be hard to get.

Maybe you shouldn't put all of your superconductor companies on a tiny island being threatened by one of largest militaries in the world.

View attachment 342563

Very well...

FIRST UP ON THE LIST

Steins;Gate. Fantastic show about time travel that has a slow build up but when it gets going HOO BOY IT GETS GOIN ALRIGHT. Best watching with zero spoilers going in; If you loved stuff like FMA, y'all gonna love this.

Trigun is an alltime classic sci-fi cowboy western. Has one of the most lovable protags you'll ever watch and the animation is amazing, even by today's standards.

Rurouni Kenshin is about samurai. Has some of the best anime fights in the business: Gives modern battle shounens like MHA a run for their money.

Saiki K is a comedy about a kid who is overpowered as all get go (he's basically a god) but he has no interest in doing anything with incredible with them or anyone knowing he has these powers. He's just going about his day to day, and wild hijinks ensue.

The poster series for the "cute girls doing cute things" genre. Slice of life, very chill. Ain't pervy. There's a bathhouse scene in one of the episodes, but from what I remember about it, it ain't creepy, it's moreso just a cultural thing.

Cute characters. Camping. It's literally one of the most wholesome pieces of media produced by man. Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna and Lamperouge Lamperouge can vouch.

Girl down on her luck finding a job gets roped into helping revitalize a small town. Incredibly wholesome, super inspiring, it's in my top 5 best anime.

animal crossing movie watchitwatchitwatchitwatchiwatchit

Nichijou. The greatest comedy ever written.

Please do yourself a favor and watch it. It's pure genius.

The second greatest comedy ever written, Azumanga Diaoh.

Words connot do it justice. It must be experienced. [
/SPOILER]

I could easily give more, but those are the easy starters.
1. I love you (no homo)

2. I can vouch for all of these.

3. Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! I will add to the list if you want to learn my friend. Just give me a bit.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Maybe you shouldn't put all of your superconductor companies on a tiny island being threatened by one of largest militaries in the world.
I mean, last I checked, the shortage issue was specific parts which if I'm not mistaken, are also parts that get used in GPUs meaning crypto ****ers are to blame for shortages

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Pokemon fans are something else

You give them something they don't want
They cry
You give them something they want
They cry

The dual typing of man
Pokemon complaints are a hydra. Cut off one and two more complaints grow in its place.

I cringe at all the "ugh people don't think swsh is 10/10" posting here but I still believe in that.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
"ugh people don't think swsh is 10/10"
The fact you see the joking about the overreaction as that is part of the problem
NOW'S YOUR CHANCE TO BE A Donkey Kong Country Returns OST - Vine Valley
Bruh I don't even play Deltarune and even I know you're supposed to add the [*line thingies*] like this

MooMew64

I mean, last I checked, the shortage issue was specific parts which if I'm not mistaken, are also parts that get used in GPUs meaning crypto ****ers are to blame for shortages
Crypto bros are one piece of the puzzle: Nvidia is making it worse by feeding directly into it, despite half-hearted "oh nyo guwys, wew're vewwy sawwy abowt the shortages, we trying vewwy hard to get evewwy one a card uWu"

Meanwhile, they're fully exploiting the price inflations by purposefully ceasing production on mid-range cards and doing absolutely nothing about the crypto situation because it all lines their pockets.

Our only hope ATM is regulation on Crypto and Intel's new cards hopefully being competitive. If things don't improve soon, the DiY PC market is going to completly cave-in on itself and we'll be entering an era of prebuilt machines and laptops ruling the roost, which means say goodbye to customization over your kit and economical upgrading.

...I know this wasn't exactly the topic at hand, but I've been trying to find a way to get myself an RTX 30 series card and I needed to vent a little, sorry. :090:

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
One detail I like and may have gone over some peoples' heads, is that when you attack Pokemon with your own, you hurl the Poke Ball you're sending out to bounce off the wild Pokemon, which when you do that behind them, startles them. You literally use the Poke Ball as a type of weapon rather than just a containment device.

I like yo cut g, ah YEET

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Crypto bros are one piece of the puzzle: Nvidia is making it worse by feeding directly into it, despite half-hearted "oh nyo guwys, wew're vewwy sawwy abowt the shortages, we trying vewwy hard to get evewwy one a card uWu"

Meanwhile, they're fully exploiting the price inflations by purposefully ceasing production on mid-range cards and doing absolutely nothing about the crypto situation because it all lines their pockets.

Our only hope is ATM is regulation on Crypto and Intel's new cards hopefully being competitive. If things don't improve soon, the DiY PC market is going to completly cave-in on itself and we'll be entering an era of prebuilt machines and laptops ruling the roost, which means say goodbye to customization over your kit and economical upgrading.

...I know this wasn't exactly the topic at hand, but I've been trying to find a way to get myself an RTX 30 series card and I needed to vent a little, sorry. :090:
Nah man, **** sucks and is affecting loads of people, it's good to vent a little every now and then, scalpers have a special spot in hell after all

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I cringe at all the "ugh people don't think swsh is 10/10" posting here but I still believe in that.
I mean this is just someone's opinion as compared to yours, but sure

Also yea some pokemon complaints are crazy and then you have the folks mocking those complaints too lol

MooMew64

I mean. Reusing assets is a good thing, why take up resources making new models of ** you already have like Sonic, rings, bumpers, boost pads, whatever. Especially as they aren't reusing ** for the level design so far
Oh yeah and 'cause I didn't finish this topic:

Asset reuse is perfectly acceptable in my eyes and in today's world of strenuous HD and especially 4k development, is an absolute necessity.

Like, Sonic fans are the only fans I've seen that care as intensely as they do about a model.

...They're also weirdly obsessed with the 06 model right now, for some reason: They're porting it to every Sonic game possible, lol.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

Our only hope ATM is regulation on Crypto and Intel's new cards hopefully being competitive. If things don't improve soon, the DiY PC market is going to completly cave-in on itself and we'll be entering an era of prebuilt machines and laptops ruling the roost, which means say goodbye to customization over your kit and economical upgrading.

Swear to god man it pisses me off as well to the brink on PC (know way too many in your boat) plus what I want.
I want to get a PS5 and with Horizon and Gran Turismo coming out but no! Cryptos, Scalpers, pandemic, a ticking time bomb with China and Taiwan and more is making it hard as hell.

And by the way Scalpers and Cryptos. They deserve a very, very special place in hell. Right down there with angry soccer fans, PETA's PR, motorists who attack cyclists and people who think baguettes are better than subs (actually not sure on that one).

And Cryptos? They need to do themselves a favour by breaking a limb and getting a claim. There! Easy money and good for the environment! Everyone wins!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom