• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So there's pain of living with siblings who disowned you and then there's a special pain of walking past one of them on the street without them even glancing at me.

anime-reviews-tamako-market.png

It sucks but hey, hand I've been dealt.

I'm eating ice cream though on the bright side.

Nice chocolate mint. Stuff is like the only thing that can give me weight. And yes I'm eating better than I used to.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
The Berries always feel like you’re playing them on a timer, “can you get the extra collectible before you develop carpel tunnel?”

Some of the B Sides I found to be far more asinine though, I had to quit playing after I sunk almost a whole day in just one level.
I haven't even finished the Farewell DLC or any of the B-sides yet :4dedede: :4dedede:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Speaking of Encanto, it did recently won the best animation award at the Golden Globes and I heard that the soundtrack reached number one at the Billboard 200 Chart:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

osby

Smash Obsessed
Speaking of Encanto, it did recently won the best animation award at the Golden Globes and I heard that the soundtrack reached number one at the Billboard 200 Chart:

Not even surprised, tbh. That OST deserves it.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Update on my Disney Animation marathon, I'll probbally finish it up sometime today or tomorrow, Only a couple films to go. Then I'll be set to rank em all (well... most of em)

On the Encanto talk, not to spoil things thus far, but guarantee it's gonna be fairly high on my list. I've seen it twice, and I already want to watch it again

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Update on my Disney Animation marathon, I'll probbally finish it up sometime today or tomorrow, Only a couple films to go. Then I'll be set to rank em all (well... most of em)

On the Encanto talk, not to spoil things thus far, but guarantee it's gonna be fairly high on my list. I've seen it twice, and I already want to watch it again
I am not a moviegoer and I typically hate going to the movies but this movie is one I wouldn't mind going back to theaters to see
I should probably get around to watching encanto while it's still relevant.

Hell, I should probably watch most Disney movies. It'll make Kingdom Hearts more interesting.
Imagine Sora in Colombia speaking Spanish. Please SE and Disney, pls

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
In light of all this Disney movie talk...

Last year I watched a good 80%-85% of all Animated Disney Films.

I have thoughts written out on all the ones I watched but needless to say it was a lot of movies.

Here are my thoughts if anyone was curious, there are a few unmarked spoilers though!

-I Saw Snow White to Ichabod and Mister Toad a few years ago so I skipped straight to Cinderella-

Cinderella - This movie spent way too long on the mice

Alice in Wonderland - I was not high enough and it was shockingly boring, It was quite pretty though.

Peter Pan - I love this one, and I've seen it so many times over the years, it just has some uhhh.... very bad choices when it comes to representing Native Americans.

Lady and the Tramp - I always forget I like this one, It's very solid, Ignoring the racist cats.

Sleeping Beauty - I really like the art style In this one, This is another pretty darn good one, Nothing spectacular but very solid.

101 Dalmatians - another one that I forgot was pretty good, I think the dogs are cute.

Sword In The Stone - This one was so boring I skipped it halfway through!

Mary Poppins - Another classic and I grew up with it so it has a special place in my heart. (Yeah its not animated but it's close enough)

Jungle Book - This one was pretty okay, a lot of complete bangers in the soundtrack

--Since I'm watching this with a few other people, they were getting bored so we ended skipping all of the movies up to little mermaid with the exception of Winnie The Pooh--

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: This one is so darn innocent and for some reason I bawled my eyes out at the end.

The Little Mermaid: Yeah this one is fantastic, and Alan Menken is one of the GOATS of Disney Music composition

Beauty and the Beast - Another Solid contender for my favorite, I grew up with it so I am biased.

Aladdin - Another good Contender for the best, banger's all around in the soundtrack I also grew up watching this one. Ignoring some of the more questionable bits of course.

The Nightmare Before Christmas - Fantastic movie, One Of My Personal favorites, This movie basically helped define my aesthetic and it holds up to this day.

The Lion King - A Classic and probably my favorite. The music might be the best.

A Goofy Movie - A gem and just a well made and fun movie with good music and a good message

Pocahontas - This one is pretty average, It has gorgeous animation. But it tries to pull a "both sides" when it comes to how Natives were treated. I was a bit perplexed when this didn't have a Content warning for racism before it honestly. Also Pocahontas doesn't have a nose and that bothers me. The lack of any blood whatsoever also bothers me.

Toy Story - I grew up with this one and it is so clever and good. I love this one and it is another contender for the best.

The Hunchback of Notre Dame - I'm very conflicted here It has really good animation and it has fantastic music, but the Gargoyles actively make the movie worse. There is also the use of the slur. It is historically accurate but it seemed a bit iffy to me.

Hercules - I love the music especially in this one, also the art and animation is also good. As a side note this movie and Hades has ruined all other fictional representations of Greek Mythology for me even though I know they are both not super accurate (Hercules especially.)

Mulan - I love the Art style, I'll make a man out of you is goated like always

A Bug's Life - I'm mixed here, I don't like Flik that much but the whole story I like, Hopper was a pretty good villain

Tarzan - Whoever decided to get Phil Collins to make music for a movie did not get paid enough, The music is fantastic, so is the animation.

Toy Story 2 - I love this one, I grew up with this one but this is probably my favorite Toy Story

Fantasia 2000 - It's just fantasia but more, I really loved Rhapsody in Blue and Firebird suite.

Dinosaur - This one is just kinda boring and annoying, The live action environments tied with the animation was weirdly ambitious for 2000, and they pulled it off pretty well. Too bad the Character models are kinda terrifying, The Carnotaurs are the only ones that look like real Dinosaurs, the others just look weird. The ride though, that **** is top tier

Emperor's New Groove - I love this one! all the characters are great, it's funny and the animation is very pretty as well.

Atlantis: The Lost Empire - I want to say this one is okay, It was simultaneously interesting and Kind of dull at the same time, It felt like a worse version of Road to El Dorado. It's just different enough to make me feel like this comparison is a bit bad but I've seen El Dorado so many times that I think I just have it jammed into my skull.

Monsters Inc. - this one is always funnier then I remember and also I just really like this one, The ending was also more emotional then I remember too. Pixar is just really clever.

Lilo & Stitch - Fantastic, I love the artstyle, music and everything about it is creative and good.

Treasure Planet - The first part when they are all on the ship is fantastic, As soon as they meet BEN, the movie goes downhill fast. It ends on a good note though. This movie has fantastic character, ship and world design. Long John Silver is one of the best Disney Villains. I'd say it was a movie with really high highs and really low lows.

Finding Nemo - Another great one, the music and visuals are G O R G E O U S and it's just funny.

-Brother Bear and Home On The Range skipped for Sanity-

The Incredibles - Probably my Favorite Pixar movie, definitely a top 5, it’s dark, clever and interesting with kickass music and Art direction

Chicken Little - I’d say the negative reputation of this movie is warranted. It has really good Animation and character designs and some funny jokes. But the story meanders and has incredibly pointless plot points, it’s weirdly mean spirited and it doesn’t earn its emotional beats. The frequent use of Pop music and Pop-culture references got annoying quickly and so did a lot of the other Juvenile humor. It felt like Bootleg Shrek

Cars - Redneck Toy Story, The epitome of 7/10, It looks fantastic and has a nice story if a bit contrived, I used to go on a lot of road trips and this movie recaptured the feeling quite well and the soundtrack kinda slaps. But Mater is always worse than you remember him being.

Chick Hicks looks like he would say a slur and then only give a half hearted apology.

Meet The Robinsons - I really liked this one. It had a moral that resonated with me. And I just thought it was fun. It was WAAAY more erratic than I remember it being, and also the animation was interesting to say the least. Could have done without the fat jokes though.

Ratatouille - Pixar could not stop putting out Bangers ngl. I love this one too. As someone who loves food and cooking, this one spoke to me. It also looked and sounded fantastic.

WALL-E - back in 2008 "Haha funny robot" in 2022 "hah funny robot and wow this capitalist hellscape is not nearly as fictional as I once thought holy ****" I love this one too, It makes me melancholy for some reason but that is why I appreciate the optimistic ending. The Robot designs were all bangers.

Bolt - Dog Travolta and Ellie from the last of us. This movie is actually pretty okay but it is so unremarkable and forgettable. It looks good and I'm a sucker for Road trip aesthetics and plots. and also the fictional villain organization has quality designs. But it has some annoying characters and some basic plot points.

UP - Another great one. The first 15 minutes still gets me every time. Muntz is a better villain than people give him credit for. The animation was also a real stand out here.

Princess and the Frog - I absolutely love this one. It has gorgeous animation, some of the best music in a disney movie, and some great characters. This should be considered up there with Aladdin and Beauty and the Beast as some of the best Disney movies of all time.

Toy Story 3 - A great one, This movie makes me cry every time without fail and Any story that involves aging ****s me up. The toy related visual gags and jokes are still great and some other fantastic jokes like the Death By Monkey’s Button. I love the fact it's a toy mob/prison movie movie. This movie was scarier than I remember. The monkey is terrifying. I have some small gripes, Andy looks like he is 20 when he is canonically 17 doesn't vibe with me, it looks off.

Tangled - Final Fantasy 9 the movie. I love this movie a lot. It's funny, it has great music, animation and character design. This movie made me realize that I really hate the 3rd act breakup/misunderstanding trope, it does work in some situations but most of the time it just feels like a checklist, this movie did it well I don't even know why I'm ranting about it here. It just reminded me how much I hate that trope.

Cars 2 - The "Sonic 06" of Pixar. The First Pixar L, This movie sucks and is a god damn enigma. My point from Cars 1 still stands. Mater is always worse than you remember, apply that twofold for this one. Mater actively destroys this movie. He is so aggressively annoying and unfunny, He ruins any potentially good part about this movie. Speaking of good stuff This movie looks fantastic and the spy plot is unironically interesting. If this movie cut Mater we would have a relatively interesting plot, but unfortunately Mater Is still here. The part in London was actually pretty okay. Other points, this movie seems weirdly classist, the world travel aspect painfully generic due to them using the most basic stereotypes. Another more specific terrible part, Mater experienced no consequences for his actions.

Winnie the Pooh (2011) - it's Winnie the Pooh, There is not much more to it than that.

Brave - Obligatory Scotland Forever. This movie is average. It looks gorgeous and has unique music but man is the plot so generic. I feel like with some tweaking and maybe getting rid of the whole Bear transformation plot point it would be pretty good.

Wreck-It Ralph - A solid choice for my favorite. It clearly has a love and understanding of video games. The plot and gags are fantastic. The characters and voice acting were a big stand out, also the music. The worst thing I can say about it is that it has some tropes that would become really tiring with the later movies. It is tied with Big Hero 6 for the best song made for a non-musical.

Monsters University - I liked this more than I thought I did. The soundtrack was a stand out, of course the visuals keep getting better with each movie I cannot state that enough. The monster designs also are fantastic. and the final scare sequence is great. There are a lot of dumb jokes that don't really land and the story was a bit all over the place. All in all, I liked it but not as much as the original.

Frozen - I like this one, the story is very nice. The songs in this one are still really good and I like most of the characters except Olaf, Olaf is obnoxious. (He’s not as bad as Mater though)

I do blame this movie for the influx of poor twist villains in animated movies

Big Hero 6 - Yeah I love this one all the characters are charming as hell, The setting is fun. And while I have issues with the story mainly with it's villain, The emotional beats really hit hard for me.

I'm glad there was a cartoon and a KH world because I really love this universe

Inside Out - Osmosis Jones joke, This movie is really good and my god it hits really hard emotionally for me. I really love the set and character design in this movie. The voice acting is exquisite like always. The creativity of how the inside of your head is represented is great.

The Good Dinosaur - The group I'm watching this with decided to skip this movie halfway through. This movie is a bit of a snore. It's pretty though.

Zootopia - Something something Copaganda. I like this one, although rewatching it some parts I definitely don't like and are questionable. It looks fantastic and the design of the city of Zootopia is so intricate and thought out. This movie can also be really funny. The twist villain was unnecessary.

I have one plea for all of fiction. Can we please stop using predator/prey relations as allegories for racism? It always has very unfortunate implications and ends up being clunky.

Finding Dory -So baby Dory was adorable. I'm not entirely sure what I think of this one tbh. It's just as funny and emotional as the other Pixar fare. Something about the characterization of the old characters here feels off, I want to use the word flanderized but that is not quite right. This movie itself also felt like a toy story movie to me, that makes no sense but it makes sense to me. I feel like I've seen the climax to this movie in like 8 different kids movies. I guess ultimately this movie felt a bit contrived and uninspired, but not bad.

Moana - This is a good one, I really love this one. The water looks like God and the music is absolutely fantastic, it probably has my favorite ost from a modern Disney musical. I love the characters and it's funny. It is a bit formulaic and some parts towards the end could be stronger. But it's still great.

--Here is where we basically decided to end the proper watch through, it was all sequels and the group I was watching it with was getting tired of it so we just watched the ones we were really interested in--

Coco - This one is good, I got hit hard with emotions here. It looks fantastic and the skeleton designs are fantastic

Soul - I liked this one, the Visuals were outstanding and the Soul of the movie really got me emotional more than I was expecting.

Luca - This movie was very very cute and It looked impeccable, the art style shift was a very good change of pace.

Encanto - I Really Loved this one way more than I was expecting, The Music was incredible (It honestly rivals moana for me when it comes to modern Disney) and It of course looked amazing. I really love every single Madrigal and I was impressed with how quickly I came to love all of them.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

I have thoughts written out on all the ones I watched but needless to say it was a lot of movies.

Here are my thoughts if anyone was curious, there are a few unmarked spoilers though!

-I Saw Snow White to Ichabod and Mister Toad a few years ago so I skipped straight to Cinderella-

Alice in Wonderland - I was not high enough and it was shockingly boring, It was quite pretty though.

Peter Pan - I love this one, and I've seen it so many times over the years, it just has some uhhh.... very bad choices when it comes to representing Native Americans.

Lady and the Tramp - I always forget I like this one, It's very solid, Ignoring the racist cats.

Sleeping Beauty - I really like the art style In this one, This is another pretty darn good one, Nothing spectacular but very solid.

101 Dalmatians - another one that I forgot was pretty good, I think the dogs are cute.

Mary Poppins - Another classic and I grew up with it so it has a special place in my heart. (Yeah its not animated but it's close enough)

Jungle Book - This one was pretty okay, a lot of complete bangers in the soundtrack

--Since I'm watching this with a few other people, they were getting bored so we ended skipping all of the movies up to little mermaid with the exception of Winnie The Pooh--

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: This one is so darn innocent and for some reason I bawled my eyes out at the end.

The Little Mermaid: Yeah this one is fantastic, and Alan Menken is one of the GOATS of Disney Music composition

Beauty and the Beast - Another Solid contender for my favorite, I grew up with it so I am biased.

Aladdin - Another good Contender for the best, banger's all around in the soundtrack I also grew up watching this one. Ignoring some of the more questionable bits of course.

The Nightmare Before Christmas - Fantastic movie, One Of My Personal favorites, This movie basically helped define my aesthetic and it holds up to this day.

The Lion King - A Classic and probably my favorite. The music might be the best.

A Goofy Movie - A gem and just a well made and fun movie with good music and a good message

Pocahontas - This one is pretty average, It has gorgeous animation. But it tries to pull a "both sides" when it comes to how Natives were treated. I was a bit perplexed when this didn't have a Content warning for racism before it honestly. Also Pocahontas doesn't have a nose and that bothers me. The lack of any blood whatsoever also bothers me.

Toy Story - I grew up with this one and it is so clever and good. I love this one and it is another contender for the best.

The Hunchback of Notre Dame - I'm very conflicted here It has really good animation and it has fantastic music, but the Gargoyles actively make the movie worse. There is also the use of the slur. It is historically accurate but it seemed a bit iffy to me.

Hercules - I love the music especially in this one, also the art and animation is also good. As a side note this movie and Hades has ruined all other fictional representations of Greek Mythology for me even though I know they are both not super accurate (Hercules especially.)

A Bug's Life - I'm mixed here, I don't like Flik that much but the whole story I like, Hopper was a pretty good villain

Tarzan - Whoever decided to get Phil Collins to make music for a movie did not get paid enough, The music is fantastic, so is the animation.

Toy Story 2 - I love this one, I grew up with this one but this is probably my favorite Toy Story

Fantasia 2000 - It's just fantasia but more, I really loved Rhapsody in Blue and Firebird suite.

Dinosaur - This one is just kinda boring and annoying, The live action environments tied with the animation was weirdly ambitious for 2000, and they pulled it off pretty well. Too bad the Character models are kinda terrifying, The Carnotaurs are the only ones that look like real Dinosaurs, the others just look weird. The ride though, that **** is top tier

Emperor's New Groove - I love this one! all the characters are great, it's funny and the animation is very pretty as well.

Atlantis: The Lost Empire - I want to say this one is okay, It was simultaneously interesting and Kind of dull at the same time, It felt like a worse version of Road to El Dorado. It's just different enough to make me feel like this comparison is a bit bad but I've seen El Dorado so many times that I think I just have it jammed into my skull.

Monsters Inc. - this one is always funnier then I remember and also I just really like this one, The ending was also more emotional then I remember too. Pixar is just really clever.

Lilo & Stitch - Fantastic, I love the artstyle, music and everything about it is creative and good.

Treasure Planet - The first part when they are all on the ship is fantastic, As soon as they meet BEN, the movie goes downhill fast. It ends on a good note though. This movie has fantastic character, ship and world design. Long John Silver is one of the best Disney Villains. I'd say it was a movie with really high highs and really low lows.

Finding Nemo - Another great one, the music and visuals are G O R G E O U S and it's just funny.

The Incredibles - Probably my Favorite Pixar movie, definitely a top 5, it’s dark, clever and interesting with kickass music and Art direction

Chicken Little - I’d say the negative reputation of this movie is warranted. It has really good Animation and character designs and some funny jokes. But the story meanders and has incredibly pointless plot points, it’s weirdly mean spirited and it doesn’t earn its emotional beats. The frequent use of Pop music and Pop-culture references got annoying quickly and so did a lot of the other Juvenile humor. It felt like Bootleg Shrek

Cars - Redneck Toy Story, The epitome of 7/10, It looks fantastic and has a nice story if a bit contrived, I used to go on a lot of road trips and this movie recaptured the feeling quite well and the soundtrack kinda slaps. But Mater is always worse than you remember him being.

Chick Hicks looks like he would say a slur and then only give a half hearted apology.

Meet The Robinsons - I really liked this one. It had a moral that resonated with me. And I just thought it was fun. It was WAAAY more erratic than I remember it being, and also the animation was interesting to say the least. Could have done without the fat jokes though.

Ratatouille - Pixar could not stop putting out Bangers ngl. I love this one too. As someone who loves food and cooking, this one spoke to me. It also looked and sounded fantastic.

WALL-E - back in 2008 "Haha funny robot" in 2022 "hah funny robot and wow this capitalist hellscape is not nearly as fictional as I once thought holy ****" I love this one too, It makes me melancholy for some reason but that is why I appreciate the optimistic ending. The Robot designs were all bangers.

Bolt - Dog Travolta and Ellie from the last of us. This movie is actually pretty okay but it is so unremarkable and forgettable. It looks good and I'm a sucker for Road trip aesthetics and plots. and also the fictional villain organization has quality designs. But it has some annoying characters and some basic plot points.

UP - Another great one. The first 15 minutes still gets me every time. Muntz is a better villain than people give him credit for. The animation was also a real stand out here.

Princess and the Frog - I absolutely love this one. It has gorgeous animation, some of the best music in a disney movie, and some great characters. This should be considered up there with Aladdin and Beauty and the Beast as some of the best Disney movies of all time.

Toy Story 3 - A great one, This movie makes me cry every time without fail and Any story that involves aging ****s me up. The toy related visual gags and jokes are still great and some other fantastic jokes like the Death By Monkey’s Button. I love the fact it's a toy mob/prison movie movie. This movie was scarier than I remember. The monkey is terrifying. I have some small gripes, Andy looks like he is 20 when he is canonically 17 doesn't vibe with me, it looks off. The weird Jessie and buzz romance is another one.

Tangled - Final Fantasy 9 the movie. I love this movie a lot. It's funny, it has great music, animation and character design. This movie made me realize that I really hate the 3rd act breakup/misunderstanding trope, it does work in some situations but most of the time it just feels like a checklist, this movie did it well I don't even know why I'm ranting about it here. It just reminded me how much I hate that trope.

Cars 2 - The "Sonic 06" of Pixar. The First Pixar L, This movie sucks and is a god damn enigma. My point from Cars 1 still stands. Mater is always worse than you remember, apply that twofold for this one. Mater actively destroys this movie. He is so aggressively annoying and unfunny, He ruins any potentially good part about this movie. Speaking of good stuff This movie looks fantastic and the spy plot is unironically interesting. If this movie cut Mater we would have a relatively interesting plot, but unfortunately Mater Is still here. The part in London was actually pretty okay. Other points, this movie seems weirdly classist, the world travel aspect painfully generic due to them using the most basic stereotypes. Another more specific terrible part, Mater experienced no consequences for his actions.

Winnie the Pooh (2011) - it's Winnie the Pooh, There is not much more to it than that.

Brave - Obligatory Scotland Forever. This movie is average. It looks gorgeous and has unique music but man is the plot so generic. I feel like with some tweaking and maybe getting rid of the whole Bear transformation plot point it would be pretty good.

Wreck-It Ralph - A solid choice for my favorite. It clearly has a love and understanding of video games. The plot and gags are fantastic. The characters and voice acting were a big stand out, also the music. The worst thing I can say about it is that it has some tropes that would become really tiring with the later movies. It is tied with Big Hero 6 for the best song made for a non-musical.

Monsters University - I liked this more than I thought I did. The soundtrack was a stand out, of course the visuals keep getting better with each movie I cannot state that enough. The monster designs also are fantastic. and the final scare sequence is great. There are a lot of dumb jokes that don't really land and the story was a bit all over the place. All in all, I liked it but not as much as the original.

Frozen - I like this one, the story is very nice. The songs in this one are still really good and I like most of the characters except Olaf, Olaf is obnoxious. (He’s not as bad as Mater though)

Big Hero 6 - Yeah I love this one all the characters are charming as hell, The setting is fun. And while I have issues with the story mainly with it's villain, The emotional beats really hit hard for me.

Inside Out - Osmosis Jones joke, This movie is really good and my god it hits really hard emotionally for me. I really love the set and character design in this movie. The voice acting is exquisite like always. The creativity of how the inside of your head is represented is great.

The Good Dinosaur - The group I'm watching this with decided to skip this movie halfway through. This movie is a bit of a snore. It's pretty though.

Zootopia - Something something Copaganda. I like this one, although rewatching it some parts I definitely don't like and are questionable. It looks fantastic and the design of the city of Zootopia is so intricate and thought out. This movie can also be really funny. The twist villain was unnecessary.

I have one plea for all of fiction. Can we please stop using predator/prey relations as allegories for racism? It always has very unfortunate implications and ends up being clunky.

Finding Dory -So baby Dory was adorable. I'm not entirely sure what I think of this one tbh. It's just as funny and emotional as the other Pixar fare. Something about the characterization of the old characters here feels off, I want to use the word flanderized but that is not quite right. This movie itself also felt like a toy story movie to me, that makes no sense but it makes sense to me. I feel like I've seen the climax to this movie in like 8 different kids movies. I guess ultimately this movie felt a bit contrived and uninspired, but not bad.

Moana - This is a good one, I really love this one. The water looks like God and the music is absolutely fantastic, it probably has my favorite ost from a modern Disney musical. I love the characters and it's funny. It is a bit formulaic and some parts towards the end could be stronger. But it's still great.

--Here is where we basically decided to end the proper watch through, it was all sequels and the group I was watching it with was getting tired of it so we just watched the ones we were really interested in--

Coco - This one is good, I got hit hard with emotions here. It looks fantastic and the skeleton designs are fantastic

Soul - I liked this one, the Visuals were outstanding and the Soul of the movie really got me emotional more than I was expecting.

Luca - This movie was very very cute and It looked impeccable, the art style shift was a very good change of pace.

Encanto - I Really Loved this one way more than I was expecting, The Music was incredible (It honestly rivals moana for me when it comes to modern Disney) and It of course looked amazing. I really love every single Madrigal and I was impressed with how quickly I came to love all of them.
You haven't watched Pinocchio?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Ah yes the movie where it teaches Stockholm syndrome eventually leads to love!

Also the Enchantress was a *****. She cursed an 11 year old. Kids don't know any better, the blame should be more on the parents and also why curse the servents that had nothing to do with his rudeness especially one of them being just a little kid (Chip)? Also, also did she never know of the concept of stranger danger? Whose gonna trust some old hag that winds up at some castle's door in the middle of a stormy winter night?

The Little Mermaid also teaches you that it's ok to run away from your family to marry a guy you fell in love with who you barely even knew.

You know. For kids! :D

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

Toy Story 3 - A great one, This movie makes me cry every time without fail and Any story that involves aging ****s me up. The toy related visual gags and jokes are still great and some other fantastic jokes like the Death By Monkey’s Button. I love the fact it's a toy mob/prison movie movie. This movie was scarier than I remember. The monkey is terrifying. I have some small gripes, Andy looks like he is 20 when he is canonically 17 doesn't vibe with me, it looks off. The weird Jessie and buzz romance is another one.

I love how many old movies are "it's good if you ignore the racist".

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Snow White and the Seven Dwarves: Letting someone stay in your house who literally just broke in and marrying a guy you barely know at the end.
The Sleeping Beauty: Necrophilia.
Peter Pan: Following an stranger to an unknown land. (Ironically with Peter Pan in the original source material Peter Pan even kills kids who would get older).

That's Disney for ya. What happiness and magic that must be! :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom