• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
TBH I have no idea if people will like MooMew's reviews.

Have feeling they'll end up being called too negative and too positive at the same time lol.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
TBH I have no idea if people will like MooMew's reviews.

Have feeling they'll end up being called too negative and too positive at the same time lol.
Just do your best and an audience will follow. Yeah you’ll have detractors, and that’s not to say you should disregard all criticism, but you’d get detractors literally for breathing. So Y’know.

MooMew64

Just do your best and an audience will follow. Yeah you’ll have detractors, and that’s not to say you should disregard all criticism, but you’d get detractors literally for breathing. So Y’know.
Oh yeah, for sure. I'm definitely going into it with the mindset of just having fun with it, come what may.

It helps I have zero expectations for it to lead anywhere, I'm just doin' this 'cause it sounds fun and I just like making stuff, lol.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Oh yeah, for sure. I'm definitely going into it with the mindset of just having fun with it, come what may.

It helps I have zero expectations for it to lead anywhere, I'm just doin' this 'cause it sounds fun and I just like making stuff, lol.
Just keep comparing it to BoTW. Easy review, easy clickbait, and yeah.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I'll be drawing the subject for tomorrow night's AMA early-ish in the morning (working pretty early so I gotta go to sleep rn, heh)

If any of y'all aren't currently on the list of future AMA subjects and would like to be added, please lemme know via reply or PM

Reminder that even if y'all went once or twice before, you're free to go again!

MooMew64

Guys these heartfelt posts are sweet and all but this is more important.
View attachment 341429
There is a 2000 gilded page long hardbound novel about My Little Pony characters in Fallout. I do not know whether to dedicate myself to finding a copy, as I will then most likely burn it or be consumed by it. All I can say is, i’m scared.
how did i miss this post this was a goldmine of content for me

i am funny horse man, i failed my job

Also

Fallout Equestria is literally a fandom-wide thing, how did someone consolidate it into a single cannon

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Also

Fallout Equestria is literally a fandom-wide thing, how did someone consolidate it into a single cannon
Are you telling me in the canon lore of Fallout Equestria there is ███ing Multiverse theory?

And, furthermore, that a whole community of people collectively worked to flesh out this concept?

Sometimes I don’t know whether to be impressed or terrified by humanity.

MooMew64

Are you telling me in the canon lore of Fallout Equestria there is ███ing Multiverse theory?

And, furthermore, that a whole community of people collectively worked to flesh out this concept?

Sometimes I don’t know whether to be impressed or terrified by humanity.
Oh

Oh sweet summer child

You have no idea how deep that rabbit hole goes

we have our own fan fiction site dedicated to horse

It’s called FimFiction

duxx

Smash Ace
still feels weird to see people throwing around the name Arlo in relation to the youtuber lmao. it really is an uncommon name ig

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Had a sleep deprived night (well, day actually since I'm an overnighter) thanks to a random bought of anxiety. Melatonin and a sleep mask did not help much.

Work is going to be miserable.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Since this is the last day of the year, I'm grouping yesterday's showcase with today. I'll have the special demon showcase in the evening.

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Herald race:

1640933043507.png

“I am Herald Lailah. All life is born, laid to rest, and stands still. Hello, human.”

Alignment: Light-Lawful

Origin: Jewish mythology. An angel responsible from birth in some interpretations of the Talmud. Her name means “night”. When an embryo is conceived, she takes a drop from the semen and presents it to God for him to decide the resulting baby’s fate. She then watches over them in the womb and shows them life’s rewards and punishments, before making them forget these by striking them above the lip. Lailah is also a guardian angel and psychopomp.

Skills: Mahama, Floral Gust, Recarm

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Genma race.

Lailah is not an angel that’s explicitly mentioned to exist initially. Rabbi Johanan’s reading interprets certain sentences in Talmud in favor of her existence when they can be either read as something that happens during the night, or an angel named night was present. Since this reading became popular, some later sources expanded her role. I think she looks appropriately mysterious, with her dark cloak and ambiguous smile not only hiding her form but also giving her a nightly air. I actually like her a lot and wish she showed up in more games, considering how few explicitly feminine angels there are and how she’s an interesting contrast to Lilith, whose name also comes from “night”. No reward to people who guess what she carries in the tube in her hands.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
G'Morning M'Gamers

Since people have been posting about how their 2021 I might do the same soon

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Alright. 2021 was... a year that existed. It wasn't nearly as bad as 2020 was for sure (that year was straight up traumatic for me), but it was not much better.

When the year started I was actually writing a story but after a while I ended up scrapping the whole thing for.. personal reasons, but I decided to come up with a different story idea because I wanted to scratch that creative itch. Eventually I settled on my current concept but I didn't start writing it as I wasn't motivated enough. I was still dealing with depression from accidentally burning a lot of bridges last year and I just wasn't really that motivated to do anything. Even meeting with my IRL friends was hard since my social anxiety kept me from getting involved in conversations. Also this year was my first full year in a full-time job, which was rough considering I spent a lot of my time sitting and doing nothing, which also extended to my time at home which I spent a lot of by procrastinating, eating junk food, and feeling empty, so I didn't really accomplish anything of note.

Started taking my medication a few months ago which helped for a bit. Now it kind of feels like I'm back to where I was before.

That said it wasn't all bad. I started exercising regularly, and the last time I met with my friends that often was at high school, which I graduated from over 2 years ago. I got back into games after almost a year of not playing them (I was burned out and depression also played a part), including Smash, which resulted in me coming back here as well, and while I still have my reservations about making online friends I think it was for the best since this community has provided my with a lot of laughs and in a way filled that hole left by my previous online friend group. I was even featured in a comic!

This was a year of highs and lows. Probably more lows than highs, but enough highs to make it infinitely better than the last.

That being said, 2022 will be THE year for me. My contract for work expires on March 3rd, and I will not renew it. That will be when my life actually starts. I have some big aspirations for it, which I will detail right now as we are less than 12 hours away from the new year in my timezone:
  • I'm gonna start being an actual adult this year. I'm gonna try my damnedest to move out of my house (I love my parents but goddamn I'm sick of living with them), find a better job that actually makes me feel like I accomplish something when when getting back home, and take a class so that I'll be qualified for a more stable job later down the line. I might also have to cut down on Smashboards time consequently, but you'll still see me.
  • I want to end my addictions to both sugar and caffeine as I feel they both cultivate my depression and general lack of energy towards damn near everything. I'm gonna cut sugar almost completely for 42 days and then start eating sweets again but in moderation, but caffeine is going away forever. Also, the sugar thing relates to the first aspiration as well since sweets make up a good 80% of my expenses.
  • I will start working on my story. I don't mean I'll immediately jump in and start writing it, no - I need to first figure out what I want my world to look like, do a lot of research to make it feel authentic, and then start developing my characters and build a roadmap of the story around them. Only then can I really start writing. It could take a while, potentially the whole year, but I'm fine with that.
  • I plan to continue seeing my friends a lot. Some of my best memories of the year are with them and I definitely still want them in my life.
  • I'll try to squeeze in gaming/watching/reading time wherever I can since my backlog is huge (I have a huge stack of comic books lying around and that's without mentioning all the manga I don't own but want to read, which includes One Piece), but it's lower priority than everything else.
  • Also this one is more so wishful thinking than a full on aspiration, but I hope this will be the year where I finally get my dream tomboy gf

Gonna tag Noipoi Noipoi Pokelego999 Pokelego999 TheMightyP TheMightyP Speed Weed Speed Weed Megadoomer Megadoomer (and also da homie WeirdChillFever WeirdChillFever as he's not a regular but still a cool person) as you guys are probably the ones I interact with the most out of the regulars in the thread* and I enjoy talking to you. There's a bunch of other cool people here, I just don't feel as strong of a connection with you yet but I hope we grow closer. Like I said, I still have my reservations about full-on online friendships but I'm working on it.

* = Speed and I don't talk here that much but we run the Jump Stars EX Discord together where we geek out about weeb ****

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Got tagged so I figured I’d pop in to see how y’all are doing. Most of you not so great but keep having hope.
This to me was mostly the year of closing down. (Obviously, what with the statistically above-average societal lockdowns as compared to previous years) but also in means of online communities. Smash Speculation ending this year got me to fullfill my deepest wish: To **** off and never return.

This scorching-earth approach got me to softblock a bunch of people on Twitter, delete YouTube, leave a lot of Discords. I no longer wanted my time to be spent pointlessly swooshing around tabs until the day was up. Obviously, I didn’t take into account that I needed to fill my time with something else, a tough nut to crack in COVID-times.

And honestly, I’m unsure what to think of it. On one hand, I feel guilty and weird for being able to just block a lot of y’all little message posters out of my life and I still need to find some substitute hobbies that aren’t tied to me having energy (I don’t) but on the other hand I do like to be mindful, social media scrolling is tanking my productivity and I don’t feel I care for a lot of the weird little people living on my phone. So yeah, crossroads. Either I go all in to make sure I talk to all of y’allses so that I don‘t ask myself why I’m even here (here as in the internet, not SmashBoards in general, although they can overlap in people) or I go back to my minimalism spree and get a hobby.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Reflecting on 2021

With less than 12 hours left here in the United Kingdom, 2021 for me has certainly been very challenging considering with the existence of the pandemic.

There were moments that I enjoyed that include watching sporting events such as the Euros 2020 soccer/football tournament and the Summer Olympics, watching Disney+ content that really kept me going during the pandemic as well as the Smash Ultimate reveals.

Whilst I had already obtained two doses of the vaccination and more recently a booster jab, it is going to be hard to say what will happen as 2022 approaches. There are a number of things that I want to achieve within 2022 in which I hope I can do, but we'll see how it rolls.

Lastly to everyone on Smashboards and even though there is still many hours left, I do wish a Happy New Year and hopefully 2022 will bring you good luck and prosperity!

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So uh. I'm making my media year in review and....................

e87cde1831671c05443d9e31e49420d6.png

It's probably gonna be my longest post here........................................if anyone would like to take five minutes of their time out?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Got tagged so I figured I’d pop in to see how y’all are doing. Most of you not so great but keep having hope.
This to me was mostly the year of closing down. (Obviously, what with the statistically above-average societal lockdowns as compared to previous years) but also in means of online communities. Smash Speculation ending this year got me to fullfill my deepest wish: To **** off and never return.

This scorching-earth approach got me to softblock a bunch of people on Twitter, delete YouTube, leave a lot of Discords. I no longer wanted my time to be spent pointlessly swooshing around tabs until the day was up. Obviously, I didn’t take into account that I needed to fill my time with something else, a tough nut to crack in COVID-times.

And honestly, I’m unsure what to think of it. On one hand, I feel guilty and weird for being able to just block a lot of y’all little message posters out of my life and I still need to find some substitute hobbies that aren’t tied to me having energy (I don’t) but on the other hand I do like to be mindful, social media scrolling is tanking my productivity and I don’t feel I care for a lot of the weird little people living on my phone. So yeah, crossroads. Either I go all in to make sure I talk to all of y’allses so that I don‘t ask myself why I’m even here (here as in the internet, not SmashBoards in general, although they can overlap in people) or I go back to my minimalism spree and get a hobby.
Maybe a middleground could help? As for a hobby, maybe reading would be a good one? Our country's not locking down libraries

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Maybe a middleground could help? As for a hobby, maybe reading would be a good one? Our country's not locking down libraries
Ya, I’m moving to Discord and omg yeah I could read a lot more than I do now! Thanks for the suggestion.

As for SmashBoards, I’m sticking around for Make Your Move so I’ll pop in here from time to time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom