• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Goddamn that's just straight hateful man View attachment 339954
What's even worse is she kept egging the camera dudes on and they kept doing it while she hit the same 3 cords
IMG_-mad2du.jpg

All while that drummer in the back was going absolutely mental and the camera was barely on him

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
A few thoughts.

1. Samus's theme in the medley.

ClappingAzusa.jpg

It was beautiful. It was so beautiful. Also holy hell can we not put so much shots on the orchestra next time? That camera focusing on the gal at the end was cringe as ****. Guess the Metroid fans like my friend Lamperouge Lamperouge got the goosebumps on that.

2. It Takes Two winning was such a surprise. Love years like this in games.

3. Nothing really for me but man it was fun. I'm still gonna be in a bit of **** as I forgot to do something but hey.

What's even worse is she kept egging the camera dudes on and they kept doing it while she hit the same 3 cords
View attachment 339959
All while that drummer in the back was going absolutely mental and the camera was barely on him
Really pissed me off that. I understand orchestra but next time can we have it like 90% game footage and 10% on them?

The one thing last year's did so well.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Hisuian Borb is awesome. Maybe the first time I keep a Voltorb on my team idk. I like Voltorb but don’t usually keep it on my team, or use it much; normally just evolve it for the Dex then switch. Happy ball Wood Man.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
It's 5am where I now.

I need to be up in a few hours.

Why I do this to myself?

Goodnight ****lords.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Yeah, I got tagged but I didn't give it much thought since I was in the middle of something.

Also, the Sonic Movie 2? Takes place on Angel Island I presume, because I saw Ice Cap.

Also happy we heard N***les the Echidna
I actually didn’t notice they were in angel island at first. It looks rad.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Samus’ music was the only one I even knew of during the orchestra and Sonic + DC got to feast

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Something about that giant mechanical thing from the Sonic Frontiers trailer makes me excited to wonder what that thing is.
Screenshot_20211210-164415_YouTube.jpg
hope this thing becomes a boss fight.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Just woke up. What did I miss.
No Nintendo announcements outside of persons 4 arena coming to switch or whatever it’s called. It takes two win game of the year and Metroid Dread won best action adventure.

The sonic movie and frontiers look good though

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
No Nintendo announcements outside of persons 4 arena coming to switch or whatever it’s called. It takes two win game of the year and Metroid Dread won best action adventure.

The sonic movie and frontiers look good though
I literally just bought that on Xbox 360 you kidding me! Time to spend my money again!

And Frontiers is real? Open world and all? ****. Now I’m… I’m not even angry just intensely disappointed.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I won't lie, I was hoping Metroid Dread would take GOTY, but I've heard good things about It Takes Two so I'm not hurting with that loss. Plus, as said before it got Best Action/Adventure game of the year so it still had a great night and I'm so happy it got that recognition.

Man it's been such a great year for Metroid, I hope Prime 4 keeps the train going.

As for other news, Sonic 2 looks fun and I'm loving what I'm seeing of Sunbreak.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
It's hard for me to truly be excited for Sonic Frontiers considering that this is their first attempt at an open world game and I've been burned too many times in the past with this damn franchise.

I shall watch the game with great interest tho. 👀

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
It's hard for me to truly be excited for Sonic Frontiers considering that this is their first attempt at an open world game and I've been burned too many times in the past with this damn franchise.

I shall watch the game with great interest tho. 👀
I wouldn't worry if I was you, remember how well it went with their first attempt on HD graphics? :yeahboi:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I more or less enjoyed most Sonic games I played so I'm not really worried about Frontiers' gameplay, at least it'll probably be something fresh.

I'm more worried about its writing, tbh. Ian Flynn isn't a terrible writer but I don't think he's the best Sonic Team could've gone for either.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
You know, I'm not even mad about the GOTY going to Take Two, what bothered me was the player vote thing.

So you're telling me, every single vote came from people who bought the game, played it, and went vote all within the final day of the ballot? Because otherwise it was simply unfair, people were voting for a game that wasn't even out yet, how could they possibly know how good it even was?
That's why the game shouldn't even be in the ballot in the first place, but I'm sure they conveniently decided to make the event one day after release or something just to justify the game being there.

rant/

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I finally caught up on Eighty Six S2, ready for the climax (which I know is gonna be awesome because I read the light novel), only to find out there's no episode this week...

Pain

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
In two weeks once I get my second paycheck (or potentially with christmas money, I only just now thought of that) I definitley need to buy a storage expansion for my Series X. I want all of my games to be able to benefit from that SSD power, and My 2TB non-SSD I used with my Xbox One is like almost full so... yeah, not enough space in the internal memory to fit everything on it.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
double post
I really wanna see where that Wonder Woman game goes.

My IRL big sister's a huge Wonder Woman fan, though not too much of a gamer lol, but I think she could like the game if its easy to learn and fun to play.
We shall see.

Interesting
The Sonic Movie 2 will be called "Sonic vs Knuckles" in Japan.

osby

Smash Obsessed
From today on, I should be able to post this every day:

DAILY DEMON

1639144837465.png

“I’m Drake Bai Suzhen. I hate to ask much from you but please refrain from falling in love with me... ”

Alignment: Light-Chaos

Origin: Chinese mythology. The protagonist of Legend of the White Snake and also known as Bai Niang Zi, “white maiden”. Originally a white snake spirit practicing Taoist arts, she accidentally gained magic powers and took the shape of a human before meeting and falling in love with a mortal man named Xu Xian. After flooding a temple to rescue her husband from another snake, she was captured in a tower but was eventually rescued by her son, living happily ever after with her family.

Skills: Bufula, Diarama, Rakukaja, Ice Dracostrike

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Deity race.

The Legend of White Snake is basically a soap opera and it’s great. Bai Suzhen is a name given to her by later adaptations, who turned the original story into a forbidden love story rather than a horror tale with clear morals. Megami Tensei keeps her less heroic original personality but also makes it clear that she has a tragic side to her. Her design is gorgeous and resembles a blindingly white snake without compromising her beauty. Her water powers are usually translated into powerful ice spells. Also, watch White Snake animated movie, it's good.

Last edited:

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
I finally caught up on Eighty Six S2, ready for the climax (which I know is gonna be awesome because I read the light novel), only to find out there's no episode this week...

Pain
Wait, really? Again? This is like the third time in a row, it's a biweekly anime at this point.

Congrats to Metroid on the upset over Resident Evil! I mean wow!
The real upset was the It Takes Two we made along the way.

Sonic Frontiers..... Snake is disappoint. Oh well. At least I'll be able to play it on my Series X! He he! Hollow victories!
Why are you disappoint?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom