• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Love Triangles in media is one sure-fire way to completely ruin a show. Especially if
1. The main guy and girl get together
2. They go with the worst ship
3. It somehow becomes the main focus when it shouldn't have been.

Now, there are a couple of shows I had in mind typing this out. Can y'all guess 1?

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Love Triangles in media is one sure-fire way to completely ruin a show. Especially if

Now, there are a couple of shows I had in mind typing this out. Can y'all guess 1?
Star Vs?

I still haven't gotten around to watching it yet but this sounds like the popular narrative around Star VS right now.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Love triangles gonna become ****ing extinct when the polyamorous start making TV shows and you know what I'll ****ing drink to that.

Oh and it's like, every US movie because hets without any chemistry just have to kiss each other at the end

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Love triangles gonna become ****ing extinct when the polyamorous start making TV shows and you know what I'll ****ing drink to that.
Yeah, with all due respect, we're probably gonna be dead when that happens, and when it does love triangles are still gonna be a thing.

Exaggeration? Maybe.
Oh and it's like, every US movie because hets without any chemistry just have to kiss each other at the end
So I know there's a lot of this, but for some reason the only ones I can think of is Age of Ultron, Chicking Little, and for some reason, the AVGN movie.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Yeah, with all due respect, we're probably gonna be dead when that happens, and when it does love triangles are still gonna be a thing.
Yeah half the reason love triangles are so popular is that they're easy drama. Always have been and always will be. And even if and when polyamory becomes socially acceptable it won't be for everyone - human jealousy will still come into play.

But maybe they'll become less oversaturated. Besides, they don't always have to be badly written, they just usually are.

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
Yeah half the reason love triangles are so popular is that they're easy drama. Always have been and always will be. And even if and when polyamory becomes socially acceptable it won't be for everyone - human jealousy will still come into play.

But maybe they'll become less oversaturated. Besides, they don't always have to be badly written, they just usually are.
Kiravera's comics ruined the "love triangle" concept for me. Though a large chunk of that is because of who's involved in the love triangle: it's Inkling Girl, Inkling Boy, and Bowser Jr. Inkling Girl x Bowser Jr is my NOTP, and certain Kiravera comics only drive home the reasons why I hate that ship: Bowser Jr isn't the type of person who would respect Inkling Girl's boundaries, and he also isn't going to be accepting of Inkling Girl hanging out with Inkling Boy, so that's my headcanon thrown in the trash. That's not the only issue I have with these comics, some of them portray Inkling Boy in a...less than likeable manner, presumably in an attempt to bring Inkling Boy down to equal footing with Jr.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Good morning my gamers

Love triangles are ass. There's a reason why Terrible Writing Advice made them a running gag

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
This might be the first Pokémon where I ditch my starter.
Mine was USUM, because I made the mistake of not pressing B when my lovely Torracat was evolving :(

I wanna keep my Jirachi and Vespique, but if I do, then I have 3 ‘Mons that are weak to fire, ‘cause I picked Turtwig.
So here is a fun story, last time I played Crystal, I battled Whitney and her crazy Miltank with Rollout with a team of Quilava, Spinarak, Hoothoot and an underleved Togepi.
it was easy in my third try after charming and smokescreening her to death.

eh

it’s a Pokémon main game

I think I’ll be able to make it work, yeah, lol
I think what he meant is that the Sinnoh games minus Platinum have almost zero fire Pokémon, and most of the ones there are the starter line.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Trying to think of any shows or books that actually did live triangles well. Those are extremely rare though and I'm not actually that cultured so...

I guess in Gravity Falls it was handled okay. In part because the entire point of Dipper's crush on Wendy was that he never had a chance with her anyway, so his fighting with Robbie was just a petty thing he had to grow out of. Can't say I cared much about the triangle itself but it did help to push Dipper's character arch and serve the show's greater themes.

Anyway Thanksgiving is over, so you all have my persmission to switch to Christmas avatars now. If you already had a Christmas avatar before I made this post then you're cringe.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Anyway Thanksgiving is over, so you all have my persmission to switch to Christmas avatars now. If you already had a Christmas avatar before I made this post then you're cringe.
Truer words were never spoken

Anyway, I tried going with something a bit original with my pfp, I'm sure we won't have a horde of lookalikes starting after this week.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Trying to think of any shows or books that actually did live triangles well. Those are extremely rare though and I'm not actually that cultured so...

I guess in Gravity Falls it was handled okay. In part because the entire point of Dipper's crush on Wendy was that he never had a chance with her anyway, so his fighting with Robbie was just a petty thing he had to grow out of. Can't say I cared much about the triangle itself but it did help to push Dipper's character arch and serve the show's greater themes.

Not only that but when Wendy and Robbie broke up, Dipper tried getting it on with Wendy who snaps at him because oh **** it's almost like broken relationships leave wounds or something.

Beware the Padorus, they approach

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So I looked up my Mario RPG tier list from last year
View attachment 338821
And I decided to make a new one. My tastes have changed since then
View attachment 338822
So, TTYD and BiS are still my top 2 favs, that is not changing anytime soon. I do believe Mario and Luigi are better than Paper Mario in terms of consistency, at least up until hitting the end of the 3DS era.

The 3DS remakes were fine, they didn't really ruin them, but they were just... not really needed. Especially BiS, it was still being sold in stores and is able to be played on a 3DS idk why they chose that game of all games to get a remake. There were some weird changes too, but IMO, it didn't ruin the game at all. Still solid, still fun to be had, just unecessary.

Sticker Star has moved up. Yeah, I used to think that game was the worst, but after looking through it again and thinking about it, it was just super mediocre as a game as a whole and just plain not good as a PM game. BUT, I did have enjoyment, soundtrack is a bop, there are some genuinely good and creative moments in the game even if far and few in between, but between those moments are some of the sloppiest execution of mechanics I've ever seen. Exploration and some moments of world building are good, but Kersti is useless, the inventory system sucks, and bosses are ****ing terrible, bar some of the worst in RPG history. It's a huge mixed bag, and all I can say abiut it is that it's just mid. Maybe on the lower end.

I already elaborated on Paper Jam a couple posts back.

Color Splash is pretty kuch what the tier says. It's nit bad, but who the **** asked for a Sticker Star sequel? But they legit tried to make it work, but unfortunately for them, the Sticker Star system just can't quite be salvaged. It's harmless fun that may have been better if SS didn't exist and wasn't a nagging vouce in the back of your head.

Super shouldn't be a suprise for those who know me, I have unique thoughts on the game. IMO, if you like Paper Mario games, you should play it. It's 100% worth for the story and the cast if charactets, bar none the best in the series and arguably the frabchise. Locations are unique, there's so many ways to diversify your playthrough with the 4 charavters and the Pixls, and the soundtrack is a banger. Unfortuntely, the gameplay is ****ing BORING, which is a damn shame and that's the sole reason why I say it's not worth a 2nd playthough. Super is best if you play it in small doses, the gameplay doesn't begin to get tedious that way and you'd be able to find more enjoyment than marathoning it. But as far as platformer RPGs go, SOTN it ain't. Again, play it once, it's 1000% worth for Timpani and Blumiere, but try not to marathon it, and if you do a 2nd, take some time off of Super.

Tiers 2 and 3 are the same thoughts I shared before. Yes I still think ToK is the 3rd best PM game, yes I do think that PiT is the weakest of the original quadrilogy. That said, IMO, you simply can't go wrong with any of the games before Sticker Star tier, but the top 3 tiers are my reccomended if you want the most enjoyment.
Still don’t know how they dropped the ball so hard on Paper Jam. That’s literally a game I wanted for years and they blew it.

D

Deleted member

osby osby Noipoi Noipoi Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen Lamperouge Lamperouge Wademan94 Wademan94 Metal Shop X Metal Shop X MooMew64 MooMew64 Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy

So I just got sent a message from the daughter of the woman Who took care of me as a child back when both of my parents worked. She is gonna go watch Encanto today with her and other relatives and they asked me to go with them, because the movie has a lot of colombian culture stuff, they are from Colombia and since I celebrated some of their traditions with them back when I was a kid they really want me to go see the movie with them.

Doesn't sound really bad, although I'm anxious in a way about messing something up if I go. Haven't seen any of them in years and I really don't want to leave a bad impression. Will talk It with my mother when she finds some free time at work in some minutes.

That's all, just wanted to reach out to some of my trusted people here in case they find me nervous around social media.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
she was threatened by him, but in the comics she does work for the bad guys as well (working for Madame Masque). Tho both parents ended up working for her anyways, with the mother faking her death.

and John is so gonna do some irresponsible **** with that sword against Kate.
That is very interesting. In addition, I'm curious to see what role the Tracksuit Mafia will play within the show.

Anyways, with the Marvels recently wrapped up production, here is your first look at Iman Vellani's Ms. Marvel costume:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
osby osby Noipoi Noipoi Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen Lamperouge Lamperouge Wademan94 Wademan94 Metal Shop X Metal Shop X MooMew64 MooMew64 Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy

So I just got sent a message from the daughter of the woman Who took care of me as a child back when both of my parents worked. She is gonna go watch Encanto today with her and other relatives and they asked me to go with them, because the movie has a lot of colombian culture stuff, they are from Colombia and since I celebrated some of their traditions with them back when I was a kid they really want me to go see the movie with them.

Doesn't sound really bad, although I'm anxious in a way about messing something up if I go. Haven't seen any of them in years and I really don't want to leave a bad impression. Will talk It with my mother when she finds some free time at work in some minutes.

That's all, just wanted to reach out to some of my trusted people here in case they find me nervous around social media.
Just play it cool and be yourself, dude.

Hope you enjoy the movie with them.

osby

Smash Obsessed
So I browsed around with the audience reviews for Hawkeye on Rotten Tomatoes and I found one particular review that seems to hate Christmas:

View attachment 338824
I don't have any strong feelings towards Christmas but I can get why some people get tired of it if you're not celebrating it.

Holidays that last for a month can be exhausting.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
There was a padoru Anne I was planning on using but then I looked at the fan artists other work and um...yeah let's just say I don't feel comfortable using an avatar made by someone like that.

There was another padoru Anne but it looked off to me, so y'all are getting regular Christmas Anne for now.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I'm not really a good builder in Minecraft... but hey, here's something I'm working on.
2021-11-26_08.17.06.png

Eyy, I'm actually watching that movie today. Hope you have a good time!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Good morning

no memes this time

instead here’s something heckin adorable 💖🥺

Why is Octoling Girl so freakin CUTE? UwU

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

Doctor Who

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I'm not a ugly brit, sorry
Ok in short then. Series 5, The Doctor regenerates into Matt Smith, bada bing bada boom, and crashes into this small child's garden. He fixes a crack in her wall, doesn't elaborate, leaves, comes back a solid like I dunno, 10 15 years later? Anywho, girl joins up with him, after a big escapade, this girl who he was with the whole time is cool and all. He accidentally leaves for another two years, and she joins up with him in the TARDIS then. However it's revealed the Doctor picked her up the night before her wedding to Rory. So then after Flesh and Stone Amy tries to bang the Doctor and fails because he has common decency, and eventually add Rory to the TARDIS. She continues to make advances on The Doctor throughout Series 5 and 6, despite the fact she's married to Rory by Series 6, which causes him to have some feelings of jealousy towards him, and Amy continually puts down Rory a lot of the time, same with the Doctor, a vast majority of the time. This behavior stops after The Wedding of River Song, in which The Doctor becomes her son in law. Yeah don't ask, but they actually become pretty chill until they die in The Angels Take Manhatten about 5 or so episodes later. In short, the couple really wasn't all that nice as a whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom