• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
The question is, how would he work? There can only be one Gilgamesh, so the "alternate universe" wouldn't apply to him. He could show up in Sora's dimension via the void, but then his personality couldn't be altered.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I’m gonna design my own Eevees for the other types. A steel type cyborg Eevee named Borgeon that evolves if you give it the metal coat to hold then expose it to the Thunder stone. Champeon, the bipedal fighting type Eevee that evolves when you score 10 perfect victories with high friendship while wearing the Black Belt item. The Dragon type Draconeon that’s basically Spyro but Eevee that evolves with high friendship while knowing a Dragon Type move. The Bug type Lepideon that’s Eeve mixed with a Venezuelan Poodle Moth and some generic butterfly elements that evolves when exposed to the Radiant Scale. The flying type Aveon that’s basically an Eevee Altaria hybrid and evolves when exposed to the knee Wind Stone. The Rock type Obsideon that evolves when it levels up while holding the Protector item. The ground type Eroseon with sand powers. The ghost type Obliveon that evolves if it faints with high friendship. And the Poison type Toxeon that is a mix of elements from the few poisonous and venomous mammals that exist and evolves when Eevee levels up with high friendship while poisoned (referencing how some real world animals only become poisonous after eating or bathing in poisonous substances).

Noipoi

Howdy!
Do you think Toons with personality would be a good tagline for my work? I think it’s a bit generic-

If I were to fully open up commissions :nifty:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Btw, Free Birds was ass.
Hey at least better then say The Emoji Movie, Titanic animated movies, Foodfight!, and god forbid cringes Rapsittie Street Kids: Believe in Santa. Dear god that movie just made me want to claw my eyeballs out, hell better yet stab a fork into one of my eye.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Oops! I accidentally dropped this tweet!

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Legitametly thinking Paper Jam is the worst Mario RPG solely because of how many missed opportunites there were.

Like, I know the gameplay is solid, but as a Mario RPG nerd, I can't look at the game without thinking about what could've been.

I know they said they were gonna get crazy for a sequel, but the game sold like ass so 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Legitametly thinking Paper Jam is the worst Mario RPG solely because of how many missed opportunites there were.

Like, I know the gameplay is solid, but as a Mario RPG nerd, I can't look at the game without thinking about what could've been.

I know they said they were gonna get crazy for a sequel, but the game sold like ass so 🤷‍♂️
I just want a Paper Mario game where all that Partners from the first three Paper Mario games all appear and get the chance to interact with each other.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I just want a Paper Mario game where all that Partners from the first three Paper Mario games all appear and get the chance to interact with each other.
Tbh, you would think that would happen by now but they keep cutting all damn near partner cameos one way or another since TTYD. CS straight up NEVER references a previous partner.

It's... kinda annoying tbh.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
My sister works two shifts today and the rest of family is in Arizona, so I just enjoyed a Thanksgiving feast of a 7-11 pasta salad. Mmh mmh, tastes like capitalism.

It's okay, my sister and I are planning on doing a budget Thanksgiving on Monday.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So I looked up my Mario RPG tier list from last year
my-image (3) (1).png

And I decided to make a new one. My tastes have changed since then
my-image (4).png

So, TTYD and BiS are still my top 2 favs, that is not changing anytime soon. I do believe Mario and Luigi are better than Paper Mario in terms of consistency, at least up until hitting the end of the 3DS era.

The 3DS remakes were fine, they didn't really ruin them, but they were just... not really needed. Especially BiS, it was still being sold in stores and is able to be played on a 3DS idk why they chose that game of all games to get a remake. There were some weird changes too, but IMO, it didn't ruin the game at all. Still solid, still fun to be had, just unecessary.

Sticker Star has moved up. Yeah, I used to think that game was the worst, but after looking through it again and thinking about it, it was just super mediocre as a game as a whole and just plain not good as a PM game. BUT, I did have enjoyment, soundtrack is a bop, there are some genuinely good and creative moments in the game even if far and few in between, but between those moments are some of the sloppiest execution of mechanics I've ever seen. Exploration and some moments of world building are good, but Kersti is useless, the inventory system sucks, and bosses are ****ing terrible, bar some of the worst in RPG history. It's a huge mixed bag, and all I can say abiut it is that it's just mid. Maybe on the lower end.

I already elaborated on Paper Jam a couple posts back.

Color Splash is pretty kuch what the tier says. It's nit bad, but who the **** asked for a Sticker Star sequel? But they legit tried to make it work, but unfortunately for them, the Sticker Star system just can't quite be salvaged. It's harmless fun that may have been better if SS didn't exist and wasn't a nagging vouce in the back of your head.

Super shouldn't be a suprise for those who know me, I have unique thoughts on the game. IMO, if you like Paper Mario games, you should play it. It's 100% worth for the story and the cast if charactets, bar none the best in the series and arguably the frabchise. Locations are unique, there's so many ways to diversify your playthrough with the 4 charavters and the Pixls, and the soundtrack is a banger. Unfortuntely, the gameplay is ****ing BORING, which is a damn shame and that's the sole reason why I say it's not worth a 2nd playthough. Super is best if you play it in small doses, the gameplay doesn't begin to get tedious that way and you'd be able to find more enjoyment than marathoning it. But as far as platformer RPGs go, SOTN it ain't. Again, play it once, it's 1000% worth for Timpani and Blumiere, but try not to marathon it, and if you do a 2nd, take some time off of Super.

Tiers 2 and 3 are the same thoughts I shared before. Yes I still think ToK is the 3rd best PM game, yes I do think that PiT is the weakest of the original quadrilogy. That said, IMO, you simply can't go wrong with any of the games before Sticker Star tier, but the top 3 tiers are my reccomended if you want the most enjoyment.

Last edited:

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
I feel like I’ve spent more time today preparing for Christmas than I have enjoying Thanksgiving. Spent more time today discussing travel plans with my relatives than cooking

I have acrophobia so the thought of boarding a plane in less than a month actually makes me a little queasy.

But hey, I got to rewatch Godzilla: KotM so I’d still say it was a pretty good day, regardless of how many hours I wasted on Puzzles.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Hmm

This might be the first Pokémon where I ditch my starter.

I wanna keep my Jirachi and Vespique, but if I do, then I have 3 ‘Mons that are weak to fire, ‘cause I picked Turtwig.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So I wanna masuda method a Gilgar in Brilliant Diamond.

Anyone got a non-English ditto or male pokemon in the bug egg group they can trade me?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom