• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Honestly feeling the same. I don't have much to add but I am glad post Smash Bros the Social Thread is still chatting away happily like nothing so there's something. It's good that we will have Pokemon, TGA's and stuff to keep us talking like normal until February at least so not worried about that.

It's like there is a missing stepping stone talking to most of you guys outside of a few topics on the forums, doubly so with discussion. Like a confidence issue or whatever.

Just feels like the flow of it is missing a piece to make it fun to be on here again or a change of pace is really needed somewhere (gaming/voice chat/movie night etc) to keep it fresh for a while even just doing it once.
You get where I am coming from Lamp on that?
Yeah, I suppose it wouldn't hurt if we all tried to organize some gaming sessions or movie nights (even if I'm still unsure how we would go about doing something like that) to spice things up around here. Maybe voice chat as well but I know some people here aren't keen on it and I'm mixed myself.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Tbh, I did the same but with Ken because Smash Bros, only for me to give up and pick Chun and turns out I really like how she played.

As for why I specifically picked Chun is up for interpretation It's because she was hot
Chun-Li is my SF main (I think it's clear by now I'm a character loyalist) and her ST iteration is still my favorite. It's so ridiculous and fun all the stuff she can do. You can literally input her super, hold down the kick button, walk forward and then release the button to release the Super. Girl is broken.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So I'm gonna go back to Valhalla but first as mentioned the other night.

Having these two:

1637860455922.png
1637860501514.png

All the vocal music from these two is the best playlist I've ever made. All the songs are gold. By the way SneakyLink SneakyLink since you K-ON fan, I'd give Zombieland Saga a watch. It's bat**** crazy but works. I'd also recommend it to you Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy if you haven't too.

Yeah, I suppose it wouldn't hurt if we all tried to organize some gaming sessions or movie nights (even if I'm still unsure how we would go about doing something like that) to spice things up around here.
The gaming session worked the other week, just how to do it again. I would love to do it again and again no doubt. Just feels like to keep things fresh to having something to pull it along easily.

Good news is that (considering some on the threads), if needs be and easier, I could use the Discord or make a new one for that. I know we would have a SB server but I wouldn't want random people invited willy nilly.

Maybe voice chat as well but I know some people here aren't keen on it and I'm mixed myself.
I've always said I'd be up for voice chat but there's only about five/six people who I would feel easily confident to talk to on that including you. Beyond that I don't think I would up for it.
I really want to on that front and even over gaming cause we can do our thing but it's only if everyone else feels ready to do it.

Just my opinion.

Anyways: Time to go a-Viking!

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

“I’m Jaki Grendel. I’m your guy if you need to raid a castle.”

Alignment: Dark-Neutral

Origin: Anglo-Saxon mythology. A monster from the epic poem of Beowulf, in which all but the titular hero feared him. He’s the descendant of the Biblical Cain. He raided the hall of Hrothgar, king of Denmark, killing and eating anyone he found for 12 years until Beowulf ripped his arm off after a long fight. Grendel escaped, only to die in his cave under the swamp. His head was later found and used as a trophy, which attracted the ire of his mother.

Skills: Beatdown, Crusher Onslaught, Charge

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Avian race. I hope you look forward to it...

I’m not sure if Grendel looks good in 3D as much as he does in 2D. He’s one of the demons where perspective makes all the difference, as Kaneko gave him a pretty memorable if a bit barebones look. If I have to speculate, the chains that make up his hair may be a reference to how he’s the result of Cain’s sins, as in still bound by them. The metal plate skin may allude to his seeming immunity against man-made weapons and how Beowulf had to defeat him barehanded.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

The TV spots are looking rather intruging.

I've been watching the first and second episodes of Hawkeye and I can't help but think not only Jack Duquesne aka The Swordsman is acting fishy, but also Kate's mother is acting rather suspicious. Anyways, can't wait to see Echo in the next episode.
I've already mentioned this, but I think it's funny Strange says "every universe" when it's just two maybe three if venom is related to this. where's the rest of them - Spiderverse, Insomniac, hell let's throw Comics 616 in here why not.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Imagine all this teasing and neither Tobey or Andrew actually appear in the movie.
Imagine there is a massive fight scene and they just walk out a pizza store oblivious to what's going on and Tobey's just like 'Pizza Time' and then they leave and its never brought up again.

D

Deleted member

So uh, I was looking at my game list of what I wanted to see about getting in the future and.......

View attachment 338791

Holy ****, I forgot this game came out this year. Gonna look into getting it if it ever drops in price.
I bought the Japan-only special edition a while back, but still need to buy the game in English though so I can actually play it. What can I say, I just really wanted to have it physically and the stuff that came with it, no regrets.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
How the **** do I perform Chun-Li's special move
You mean, her super, or all her specials? Chun is a charge character, which means you need to hold back (charge) for 2 seconds, then press foward + punch for kikouken, hold down, then press up + kick for spinning bird kick, etc.
For the super you hold back, then press forward, back, forward + kick.

KillerCage

Smash Master
So uh, I was looking at my game list of what I wanted to see about getting in the future and.......

View attachment 338791

Holy ****, I forgot this game came out this year. Gonna look into getting it if it ever drops in price.
$#!+! I also forgot about these games!
I think I was so focused on the Great Ace Attorney Chronicles that these titles slipped my mind.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Just reached the Elite Four.

Scyther swept through Aaron with Swords Dance, Houndoom through Lucian with Nasty Plot, and Torterra and Gastrodon handled Bertha and Flint just fine...

But my team was simply not prepared for Garchomp. Only ice coverage I had was Avalanche on Rampardos and uh, I think you can probably see why that's a problem.

Gonna teach my Gastrodon an ice move and retry that.

I would've had a Gyarados on my team but I always put Gyarados on my team and wanted to mix it things up. Ah well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom