• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If anyone was edgy, it would be Trunks
Trunks wasn't anywhere close to edgy. The edgiest character was Pre-Fusion Z Piccolo imo.

Literally his last line before fusing with Kami was him whining about how he's totally still evil and going to murder everyone.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Mamboo07 Mamboo07

I also just love the idea of the titans all charging at Destoroyah Aggregates. Also having humanity joining together with Godzilla, Kong, Rodan, Mothra and all the other titans in a Destroy All Monsters/Endgame-type battle finale against Destoroyah. It would be epic of all proportions.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
One way I’m trying to make BDSP harder is not allowing potions in battles and constantly changing my team.

This way, status moves have more impact, and no one gets too overleveled.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Has anyone here ever watched Donnie Darko? I just watched it for the first time. It's a mind**** of a film, yet extremely fascinating.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'd say Vegeta's mostly redeemed himself. Vegeta's not super edgy, but he does talk trash and scowls a lot tho. But he does have a reason to be an asshole, given the whole "Spend most of your life, ruled by another. Watch your race dwindle to a handful." thing. Better reason than some anime rivals Cough Bum Ass Bakugo Cough

You look at any Villain into Anti-Hero/Hero and they almost always brush stuff under the rug. Magneto, Venom, Punisher ect. Honestly, most of Goku's friends started out as horrible people until they met him. Basically, if you're gonna ***** about Vegeta, do the same for Piccolo, Buu or Android 17 and 18. Buu's killed far more people than the rest combined, but no one's whining about that. He just made friends with Hercule and a dog. Where as Vegeta's legit died to fix his mistakes. Even Krillin was a brat at first, as was Bulma.

Even in the Moro Arc, Vegeta mentions wanting to save New Namek because to make up for the past. This stuff with Granolah was sort of like Vegeta trying to teach his "younger self" in a way.

Granted, Piccolo's redemption arc is my favorite out of all the Z-Fighters. Vegeta's is a very close 2nd, but he was a bigger asshole than Piccolo was.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I still stand that Vegeta is a mass-murdering edgelord scumbag.

How the characters can actually tolerate him or fans of the show for that matter liking him despite the atrocities he committed I'll never know. Probably all because Edginess = Awesomeness. :rolleyes:

Edginess is overrated as ****.
Don't you watch monster flicks?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Don't you watch monster flicks?
He's only doing this for bait as for some reason it never gets counted as trolling to try and piss people off over and over again with the same topic or to look down on people for supporting Reason A in one post and then supporting Reason A himself just a few posts later, before mocking people for supporting Reason A the next day

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hiei's another good example of the team Edgelord, once you learn about his backstory, you get why he's a ****.

Basically, his mom was an ice lady from the ice lady tribe, and dad's a fire dude. He was Kazuya'd off a cliff by his mother's tribe for his sex/race. And then had to be taken in by thieves. He swore revenge, but saw how miserable they were living and thought that was good enough. Still a douche, but again, he got Kazuya'd.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Morning my gamers

Hiei's another good example of the team Edgelord, once you learn about his backstory, you get why he's a ****.

Basically, his mom was an ice lady from the ice lady tribe, and dad's a fire dude. He was Kazuya'd off a cliff by his mother's tribe for his sex/race. And then had to be taken in by thieves. He swore revenge, but saw how miserable they were living and thought that was good enough. Still a douche, but again, he got Kazuya'd.
Also he's cool as ****

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm not sure how would someone get the idea that edginess is overrated when "edgy" is used as a derogatory word to call stuff for the last decade. Like, in most fandoms, being branded as edgy is a death sentence for a character's reputation.

Sure, people still like edgy characters but most of the time it's because they're accompanied by other qualities. It's only very recently that some fans started embracing the early 2000s aesthetic again.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm not sure how would someone get the idea that edginess is overrated when "edgy" is used as a derogatory word to call stuff for the last decade. Like, in most fandoms, being branded as edgy is a death sentence for a character's reputation.

Sure, people still like edgy characters but most of the time it's because they're accompanied by other qualities. It's only very recently that some fans started embracing the early 2000s aesthetic again.
I too am a fan of Jack "KILL CHOAS" Garland. From what I've seen so far.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Damn dream demon dragging me to sleep before I could post this last night.........................but I have 20 minutes before my class starts. So guys, first of all happy thanksgiving to you Americanos. Just remember that the turkey is your friend. He had hopes, dreams, a life but now he's your dinner.

It is the circle of life.

Secondly to post something I've been looking forward to posting. I finally reached Ireland in Assassin's Creed Valhalla and while should have been bigger (and a well known Irish landmark from the time period is missing) it is perfect.

Assassin's Creed® Valhalla__12.jpeg

A raven flies towards the West of Ireland
Assassin's Creed® Valhalla__9.jpeg

The nearest landmark to my home that I care about.
Assassin's Creed® Valhalla__10.jpeg

Most of Ireland's map from above. You can tell it is from the shape.
Assassin's Creed® Valhalla__11.jpeg

Dublin represented in the game. Lovely wee town.

Playing through it though, I can see why some people in America and such are drawn to the country for it's beauty. I still want to get the **** out of here, but I at least understand now.

So since it is near the bottom of the page and could get swept, just tagging those who are usually here. Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy Wademan94 Wademan94 Lamperouge Lamperouge @Jotadé MooMew64 MooMew64 Noipoi Noipoi osby osby . Enjoy guys and the odd thought would be nice.

As for the rest of the crowd here, I'll try and be active but have been very busy.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I've been in hyperfixation mode for the last couple of days

I may not show it, but thinking about a hypothetical Shonen Jump Platform Fighter do be giving me brain damage

D

Deleted member

osby osby Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen Noipoi Noipoi Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! Lamperouge Lamperouge Wademan94 Wademan94

Ok, so last month HBO Max arrived to Spain and one of the highlight shows people at some Discord servers kept suggesting me a lot to check was Superman & Lois.
I came in to the show with really low expectations because for one side as some of you may know I grew up with the Christopher Reeve and Brandon Routh movies (which in various ways had part in shaping who I am today) and to this day I haven't seen any other adaptation of the character getting to that level... And on the other side It is a CW show and some of us do know how weird they can be with the writing and budget.

But honestly? This may sound kinda extreme, maybe even insane for the people who are really into comics here... But I feel this is the Superman adaptation I have been looking for all this time. And I can see why people kept reccomending It to me.

The show basically presents a version of Superman who takes various elements from different adaptations... And shows him and Lois treating with tough stuff such as raising their two kids (one with social anxiety who I did relate a lot with), having issues paying their stuff, losing A LOT on the pilot and various other things, all alongside admitedly well-looking action scenes featuring Superman.

The actors all do a really good job, kudos to Superman's actor who while not as incredible as Christopher Reeves still manages to convey the kindness and lighthearted elements of the character in really charming and neat manners. The actors for Lois' and the kids also do a neat job, and for a CW show I was shocked at how It didn't feel as weird in budget as the other shows.

As I said earlier, the writing is solid. It seems they took elements from various versions of Superman and are trying to do their own take with It all which is neat.
And yeah, this feels like the Superman adaptation I was looking for all this time. A version which isn't very Zack Snyderish, showing Superman being the way he is but presented with new kinds of problems regarding his social life and such... And just anything I could get to relate with again with the problems of my current age.

The show is in Spain on HBO Max, although maybe in the US It is available in more places. I'd suggest to check the pilot and if ya'll happen to like It check more episodes.
Was really pleased with the pilot and I hope the following chapters keep It at least almost as solid.

D

Deleted member

I've been in hyperfixation mode for the last couple of days

I may not show it, but thinking about a hypothetical Shonen Jump Platform Fighter do be giving me brain damage
It's a shame there never was a Jump Ultimate Stars sequel, hard to believe it's been 15 years already. It's also a shame that Black Cat has pretty much vanished from all kinds of Jump crossover games. Like, I don't even care for most Jump franchises, but those games were fun as hell, even if a bit janky and unbalanced. And definitely better than those arena fighters Bamco loves to churn out.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
It's a shame there never was a Jump Ultimate Stars sequel, hard to believe it's been 15 years already. It's also a shame that Black Cat has pretty much vanished from all kinds of Jump crossover games. Like, I don't even care for most Jump franchises, but those games were fun as hell, even if a bit janky and unbalanced. And definitely better than those arena fighters Bamco loves to churn out.
I'm running a creation thread for a potential sequel to JUS if that interests you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom