• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
idk where to put this, but I’ll spoiler it to not make anyone uncomfortable
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I promise this isn’t a joke…it is stupid however

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Finished BDSP

Overall…it was cute. A cute jaunt through classic Pokémon. I had fun.

If I can be honest I don’t think it’s worth 60 bucks. 50 would be better IMO. And I wish it had more platinum content. But yeah, it’s really fun.

I am so glad these aren’t the only Pokémon games we’re getting this year though holy ****

If Legends Arceus weren’t on the horizon and these were the next Pokémon games, I don’t even know man.

As a cute little Sinnoh experience before the next big evolution for Pokémon though, I’m down.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Pretends to be shocked oh noOo how can NK do such a thiiinnnggg

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Maybe if SE 1), advertised it and 2) didnt release it the same day as TGAA
It's really sad to see cause despite it's issues like a weakish middle act it was worth the wait. Was a blunder to not re-release TWEWY on PS4 and and have actual controls instead of Motion/Touch though.
Hell, even something at the top saying "from the creator of Kingdom Hearts" would have given it a chance but that'd have been given a no from Disney.

Not even big RPGs this year outside of Monster Hunter and Tales of Arise so yeah poor marketing. **** SQ on it.

Art intimates life so not far off for a North Korean prison camp to feel like Squid Game. Just a bit deadlier and in reality.

And Lo and Behold! He's getting the way out! He just needs think of it like losing a game!

The game.............of life!

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
sigh Should I be playing Pokémon Masters?
It’s a lot of fun with pretty good writing. If your f2p it’s pretty easy to save up gems to pull whoever you want(32k guarantees you whoever you want on every banner). The game also gives out plenty of pretty op units for free making it easy for you to play through content without feeling the need to always summons. They give out gifts often, and there’s a lot to do. They make strong use of everyone story wise.

If your not f2p, then you can still get any seasonal you want for a more reasonable amount then most gacha. Saving is easy to do though because they just implemented a ticket system where for every event and daily stages you can earn 1-5 tickets each time.
You only need 30 to get a guarantee five star from pretty much every unit in the game that’s not a seasonal or Pokefair.

So overall plenty to do regardless of your play style and I would say it’s definitely a well balanced game to play in your free time and have fun with.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
If there's one Pokemon game I don't get the hate for, it's Lets Go.

They made it abundantly clear that it wasn't for the hardcore fans and it only exists to capitalize off of the super casual audience of Go (which at the time was mainly Kanto iirc) and people got made when the game was exactly that.

That's also why I didn't get it, because it wasn't for me.
Reminds me of when that superhero game clearly made with a young female audience in mind got revealed at E3, and all the capital G Gamers™ got angry at it. Like, just.... ignore it? Don't buy it? ....Maybe get a life too?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
If there's one Pokemon game I don't get the hate for, it's Lets Go.

They made it abundantly clear that it wasn't for the hardcore fans and it only exists to capitalize off of the super casual audience of Go (which at the time was mainly Kanto iirc) and people got made when the game was exactly that.

That's also why I didn't get it, because it wasn't for me.
I think it mostly stems from thinking GF/TPC references Kanto too much. What could be a bigger Kanto reference than remaking the Kanto games once more?

SKX31

Smash Master
Fake, Smashboards users are never invited to parties
Smashboards users instead Crashboards parties. :4pacman:

(I regret nothing!)

Yeah I'm not surprised in the slightest. The NK regime has pretty much dug itself into a massive hole over this (what with the massive human rights violations, relative diplomatic isolation and all), and any response that isn't death sentence would cause it to lose at least some ground. The regime's not in a position to back down.

It does beg the question how many the NK gov / regime does not catch, though. And I suspect the answer is much more than the regime would ever want to admit.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
It’s a lot of fun with pretty good writing. If your f2p it’s pretty easy to save up gems to pull whoever you want(32k guarantees you whoever you want on every banner). The game also gives out plenty of pretty op units for free making it easy for you to play through content without feeling the need to always summons. They give out gifts often, and there’s a lot to do. They make strong use of everyone story wise.

If your not f2p, then you can still get any seasonal you want for a more reasonable amount then most gacha. Saving is easy to do though because they just implemented a ticket system where for every event and daily stages you can earn 1-5 tickets each time.
You only need 30 to get a guarantee five star from pretty much every unit in the game that’s not a seasonal or Pokefair.

So overall plenty to do regardless of your play style and I would say it’s definitely a well balanced game to play in your free time and have fun with.
I wanted to play back at release but it wasn't out in my country, so I kept waiting and waiting, and it never did come out. Then I forgot about it. But now screw it, I might just get it from APKmirror to at least see if I dig it.

But then again, getting in this late, I hate to even just think about what other cool characters and special outfits like those I might have already missed.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Anyways feelin' like Chairman Rose right now looking at my Switch's MicroSD card.

Started with 512GB (more like 477 but that's besides the point) and now staring down 141. My main way of purchasing games is digital, so that number'll just keep going down.

Realistically I won't reach capacity until like, sometime next year. But I'm eyeing 1TB MicroSD cards all the same.

Shroob

Sup?
Anyways feelin' like Chairman Rose right now looking at my Switch's MicroSD card.

Started with 512GB (more like 477 but that's besides the point) and now staring down 141. My main way of purchasing games is digital, so that number'll just keep going down.

Realistically I won't reach capacity until like, sometime next year. But I'm eyeing 1TB MicroSD cards all the same.
I'm soo sorry to hear that.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I've just finished watching the first two episodes of Hawkeye on Disney+:

• Hailee Steinfeld really nailed the role of Kate Bishop very well.
  • It will be interesting to see Jack Duquesne's role within the show considering that he took Ronin's blade. But I sense something really fishy about him.
  • Poor Clint had to get his Ronin suit in what is probably not the most ideal way of obtaining it within a LARP event.
  • It really feels like Eleanor Bishop really does not seem to care much about Kate.
  • Lastly, can they make Steve Rogers: The Musical a thing (even though I'm not much of a musical person?)
Other than that, I thought the first two episodes got off to a solid start.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know… Let’s Go had those cool in game trades for the Alolan Forms. And it’s kind of a bummer that hypothetical let’s go Johto games probably wouldn’t repeat that but extend it to Galarian and Hisuian forms because those have alternate evolutions.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
You know… Let’s Go had those cool in game trades for the Alolan Forms. And it’s kind of a bummer that hypothetical let’s go Johto games probably wouldn’t repeat that but extend it to Galarian and Hisuian forms because those have alternate evolutions.
I just made me think of something even worse: no megas.
Yes it's obvious at this point no new game will have megas, but it still stings when you compare it to LGPE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom