• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Maybe it’s just the fact that I already don’t think the Metroids look scary or intimidating in their larval stage at all.

And regardless of all of that. Omega Metroid vs Final Mother Brain would just be a really cool thing to see ok. Way cooler then Mega Mushroom baby Metroid That’s the root of all this. I just wanna see cool space t-Rex fight space Brain-zilla.
OK, you seem to be a person that just prefers action over scenes that are meaningful and have a feeling to them, which, ok, people can like what they want.

But the point of the scene is not to be a DBZ fight, it's for the Metroid to save you, suck the energy from Mother Brain, and use that energy to heal you back from almost dead to full health, while MB kept attacking it as we see its color getting more reddish with each shot, and then, as unmatched as a larva Metroid is against MB, it still tried one last attack on her before being shot dead right above us, so its Metroid body could fall over us and power us up like never before to finally defeat MB.
They can keep Omega Metroids as far away from Zebes as the sun for all I care.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
OK, you seem to be a person that just prefers action over scenes that are meanful and have a feeling to them, which, ok, people can like what they want.

But the point of the scene is not to be a DBZ fight, it's for the Metroid to save you, suck the energy from Mother Brain, and use that energy to heal you back from almost dead to full healthy, while MB kept attacking it as we see its color getting more reddish with each shot, and then, as unmatched as a larva Metroid is against MB, it still tried one last attack on her before being shot dead right above us, so its Metroid body could fall over us and power us up like never before to finally defeat MB.
They can keep Omega Metroids as far away from Zebes as the sun for all I care.
I’m guessing I should put my thoughts a little more on paper more for my own benefit then anyone else’s. When I imagine this in a hypothetical remake, I assume omega Metroids can still drain, and I imagine it working like the second phase of the Ridley fight in Samus Returns where the baby helps you. Instead of just sacrificing itself you work together with this thing with mini cutscenes and action and a whole new second phase of the boss fight that wasn’t in the original super. I get it. Super is a “masterpiece” or whatever (I’ve played it and I disagree). But I just don’t get the emotion in the scene or see how it would be lessened if they actually went with how Metroids actually grow instead of feeding it a Mario mushroom (which looks stupid and ales me out of the story because I just played Metroid 2 and know that’s not how Metroids grow up).

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
So, uhhhhh

Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! TheMightyP TheMightyP Pokelego999 Pokelego999 TheCJBrine TheCJBrine

And any other Minecraft peeps:

If you're still using Optifine (if you mod at all), you may wanna consider switching to the Fabulously Optimized pack for the Fabric mod loader.

With Complimentary Shaders installed, Optifine was running it at around 60-50 FPS, with some dips into 40 on 8 chunks render distance and a resolution of 1920x1080.

Utilizing the Fabulously Optimized mod pack on Fabric, it's running those same shaders at 100-120 FPS with very few dips on 12 chunks rendering distance and a resolution of 2560x1440.

nikopog.png

I may have just been swayed to dump Forge for Fabric. This is the smoothest the game has ever played.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So, uhhhhh

Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! TheMightyP TheMightyP Pokelego999 Pokelego999 TheCJBrine TheCJBrine

If you're still using Optifine (if you mod at all), you may wanna consider switching to the Fabulously Optimized pack for the Fabric mod loader.

With Complimentary Shaders installed, Optifine was running it at around 60-50 FPS, with some dips into 40 on 8 chunks render distance and a resolution of 1920x1080.

Utilizing the Fabulously Optimized mod pack on Fabric, it's running those same shaders at 100-120 FPS with very few dips on 12 chunks rendering distance and a resolution of 2560x1440.

View attachment 334558

I may have just been swayed to dump Forge for Fabric. This is the smoothest the game has ever played.
I'll be sure to check it out.

That said, i also gotta tinker with Minecraft's resolution some time. I think it's running at 4k on my laptop and that's what's causing heavy lag with I apply a shader.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
So, uhhhhh

View attachment 334558

I have never used Optifine myself, but that sounds better.

I wouldn't recommend dumping Forge entirely though, from what I remember, Forge runs a lot more mods than Fabric. Would be helpful to swap between them if need be.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
**** like this is why Rise of Skywalker happened

I really didn't like season 3 so let me know if this is an improvement
I’ll wait until the 3rd or 4th episode to confirm since 2 isn’t enough for a consistent opinion (don’t wanna pull a Titans after all)

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I have never used Optifine myself, but that sounds better.

I wouldn't recommend dumping Forge entirely though, from what I remember, Forge runs a lot more mods than Fabric. Would be helpful to swap between them if need be.
Yeah, the only downside is not every mod creator is running Fabric: There's a ton of the old ones that are still on Forge.

I think more ports are being made, though, and I think there's also work on getting a library added to Fabric that can function as a Forge fork. Kinda hoping to see more transfer over, TBH: Fabric seems to be more the way of the future, while Forge still clings to a lot of the olden days jank of MC modding.

I'll be sure to check it out.

That said, i also gotta tinker with Minecraft's resolution some time. I think it's running at 4k on my laptop and that's what's causing heavy lag with I apply a shader.
Resolutions are often some of the biggest framerate killers! Lowering it to even 1920x1080 could make a whole world of difference, it pretty much just comes down to tinkering.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Resolutions are often some of the biggest framerate killers! Lowering it to even 1920x1080 could make a whole world of difference, it pretty much just comes down to tinkering.
Usually, 1080p works perfectly until it gets somewhat graphicaply intensive and then it hits some not so nice slowdowns so I keep it at 900p for everything.

Except for TF2 that can somehow run perfect at 4k

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So, uhhhhh

View attachment 334558

Oooh, gotcha! Thanks man!

Noipoi

Howdy!
Grieving the loss of funny ball joke just like you
Other than that I'm good, you?
Eh, putting up with some awful bull****. But what else is new for me?

It’s not all bad. I’ve got a job interview tomorrow, Sora drops tomorrow night, and on Wednesday I’m heading to Florida for a vacation at the House of Mouse. So that’s pretty cool.

KillerCage

Smash Master
I just beat Metroid Dread this morning!
I'm wondering what I need to do to unlock the bonus content. Do I have to beat Dread under a certain time? Do I have to beat hard mode?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I'm wondering what I need to do to unlock the bonus content. Do I have to beat Dread under a certain time? Do I have to beat hard mode?
The Chozo Archives are unlocked by getting 100% in each area. The ending pictures are based off your clear time for both Normal and Hard mode.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
You gotta 100% game at least once and finish the game on both Normal & Hard under 4 hours.

I know this because I just had the most stressful time playing Dread. Due to my dumb head forgetting to make a few shortcut for me to come back later, causing me to have to take a huge detour.

Thankfully, somehow, I managed to finish Dread on Hard at around 3 hours!....

BUT NOW I HAVE TO SPEEDRUN IT AGAIN TO GET THE LAST PICTURE YOU GET ON NORMAL MODE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Boy, I sure hate when you get sent a script, and it's full of stuff that's borderline fetish content. So you say you don't wanna record it, and the client says "You serious? It's comedy."

Fetish miners are a real thing in the VO community and I hate it.
They gave you the totally spies script?
Worst I had so far was some rando on Newgrounds trying to get free art from me. And they asked again even after I told them I don't do free requests. Blocked that person a long while ago. You just know some people can't take a hint.

"Bro, he says, please rub your feet on me madam. That's hilarious right?" - John FootFetish probably.
Dan schiender what are you doing here?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I’m guessing I should put my thoughts a little more on paper more for my own benefit then anyone else’s. When I imagine this in a hypothetical remake, I assume omega Metroids can still drain, and I imagine it working like the second phase of the Ridley fight in Samus Returns where the baby helps you. Instead of just sacrificing itself you work together with this thing with mini cutscenes and action and a whole new second phase of the boss fight that wasn’t in the original super. I get it. Super is a “masterpiece” or whatever (I’ve played it and I disagree). But I just don’t get the emotion in the scene or see how it would be lessened if they actually went with how Metroids actually grow instead of feeding it a Mario mushroom (which looks stupid and ales me out of the story because I just played Metroid 2 and know that’s not how Metroids grow up).
Its less about whether you share your thoughts or not, but more about not saying "Thing is stupid it should be another way" but rather saying "Thing could be cool if it was like this and if people disagree that's fine too and I won't get overly defensive if someone else criticizes my thoughts"

We explained to you "why" it was the way it was and you come back with "muh lore is stupid"

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hey, Half-Life fans lurking this thread, if I were to jump into the train one day, which game should I start with?

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Hey, Half-Life fans lurking this thread, if I were to jump into the train one day, which game should I start with?
The 1998 original, it still holds up to this day and is my favorite in the series, and I played it in 2012/2013. I haven't played Black Mesa which is an acclaimed fan remake, so I don't know if you "should" start with that one instead, but I know you just can't go wrong with the original.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Well, I beat Metroid Dread. I got 100% too. Amazing game.

Can't wait for Metroid 6 in 2040.
Meanwhile I'm still chipping away.

I love it but I wish my attention span was longer to actually complete it.

had a really busy couple of days w 2 tests + hoco game + marching band performance on friday, and then a ton of family stuff and the hoco dance yesterday. feels great to finally get some time to relax
Really good to still see you around here dude, despite being busy as hell.

And via your pfp, reminding me to watch another anime.

I cant get over how were getting Dearly Beloved as a song in smash
It's surreal to think it's in the same game as all these gaming legends.
Thank you for reminding me that I need to rip off some of the extensions of Nintendo music off YT before Disney tries taking down the music or something.

Can't wait to get away from this musically.

Anyway how’s everyone doin?
Alive.

Been spending the day playing the Switch and eating fruit roll ups.

...........They were on offer. Don't judge me.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Boy, I sure hate when you get sent a script, and it's full of stuff that's borderline fetish content. So you say you don't wanna record it, and the client says "You serious? It's comedy."

Fetish miners are a real thing in the VO community and I hate it.
Oh boy, I am really sorry you have to deal with people like that. I have dealt with them myself to the point that it was maddening to me that no matter how I told them I didn't like fetish **** and nor their presence (in the nicest way possible, though again, I wish I had been firmer at the start) they would be following me around that my stress levels were to the roof, even, 2020 began like that (as if the previous weren't enough).

Please, be careful.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Oh boy, I am really sorry you have to deal with people like that. I have dealt with them myself to the point that it was maddening to me that no matter how I told them I didn't like fetish **** and nor their presence (in the nicest way possible, though again, I wish I had been firmer at the start) they would be following me around that my stress levels were to the roof, even, 2020 began like that (as if the previous weren't enough).

Please, be careful.
I've cut all ties, don't worry. And I'm really sorry ya had to go through that-

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I've cut all ties, don't worry. And I'm really sorry ya had to go through that-
:3 Hopefully that will do! Thank goodness you did! And don't worry, while it was tough and it had me to the point of breaking, guess I still learned from the experience to not take **** from no one. Of course, this as a result left me not trusting people easily, and even some other friends think that I might pretty much be hating on everyone, but it's less about that and it's more about the fear of friends or people I care for going through what I did or worse and me noticing things that other don't see or realize but out of my own experience I can. It's just the feeling that I have to protect them somehow.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The 1998 original, it still holds up to this day and is my favorite in the series, and I played it in 2012/2013. I haven't played Black Mesa which is an acclaimed fan remake, so I don't know if you "should" start with that one instead, but I know you just can't go wrong with the original.
I'm definitly torn between playing the OG og or Black Mesa later, since both have their up & down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom