• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So I'm watching some show called Panty and Stocking.

This **** is ****ing stupid, it's just Regular Show but a raunchy anime.
man i dont know if im falling for some sick bait or if i'm sensing poor taste

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So yeah. About the being myself on the internet.

And to say this friend and foe alike 1,000,000% but what you see through my posts and all is kinda what you get of me. I've a messed up past and done bad things with siblings and all but never to the point where I've a criminal record or something. I've told those who have known on here privately about it.

I keep on the straight and narrow of a path no matter what while keeping my mind open and stuck to the key media that have helped me become who I am. Unless people find having teenage anime characters as inspiration for travelling creepy (in which is pretty weird) then that's on them.

And being an autistic person I don't give into pressure as much. I don't like interacting with people physically and I keep to a handful of sites on the internet and never strayed from them in years. (Game news, anime sites, BBC/Reuters, Wikipedia, Google, anime and animals on Reddit etc.).

Outside of the obvious like my name, face, address and all that which is common sense that's it from me on a place like this. There might come a time on Discord with voice but that's it.

And all you guys have is my word. I'm like the rest of yous. Getting ****ed one way or another in this world and making the most of it by keeping it simple. I don't see a reason not to.

Now that is all done. I'm moving on from the topic

------------------------------------------------

So and to ask my friends for thoughts:

Lamperouge Lamperouge and Wademan94 Wademan94 what do yous think of my new pfp? I'm loving it!

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Oh yeah, they got promoted to *ing admin on those forums. And the guy. And also the little pretend family they made over there. Literally had three sockpuppets all in power to do whatever they wanted. * was mad ****ed.
BRUH

THE DUDE THAT I KNEW AND HIS “GF” HAD FOUR OTHER ACCOUNTS IN THE FORM OF THE “GF’S MOM” AND THREE RANDOM YOUTHS THEY MET AT A CLUB OR SOMETHING

the three club kids thing was probably the most sus detail in hindsight

and one of them pretended to be Japanese-American but never once wrote in actual Japanese and kept misspelling “konnichiwa”

Jondolio

Smash Hero
All I'm willing to let on is that I'm autistic, have a mysterious complicated past and that I like tomboys and geeky ****
BRUH

THE DUDE THAT I KNEW AND HIS “GF” HAD FOUR OTHER ACCOUNTS IN THE FORM OF THE “GF’S MOM” AND THREE RANDOM YOUTHS THEY MET AT A CLUB OR SOMETHING

the three club kids thing was probably the most sus detail in hindsight

and one of them pretended to be Japanese-American but never once wrote in actual Japanese and kept misspelling “konnichiwa”
Holy **** I forgot there were more. I only ever followed the two but good god that was a ****ing mess

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Of all the jokes to see in the Chicky show, I did not expect a pokemon r34 joke

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also on that Metroid argument. It’s pretty stupid.

People be like: “here’s a 60 dollar PS4 or PS5 game that’s way better”

And then forgot how they paid 80 dollars for the Avengers game, and Metroid is a thousand times better in both quality and gameplay.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Worst part is that dude turned me against a group of friends I made here during the 4 days

granted I felt I was overstaying my welcome with some of them and some of them were becoming a bit judgmental but even a few of the nicer people left me following an incident with that person. Only a few are my friend today still and only one that I lost is open to making up. Worse, some of the ones I lost that don’t wanna make amends are friends with a few mutual friends and I don’t want an us vs them, for them to pick a side or something

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
So yeah. About the being myself on the internet.

And to say this friend and foe alike 1,000,000% but what you see through my posts and all is kinda what you get of me. I've a messed up past and done bad things with siblings and all but never to the point where I've a criminal record or something. I've told those who have known on here privately about it.

I keep on the straight and narrow of a path no matter what while keeping my mind open and stuck to the key media that have helped me become who I am. Unless people find having teenage anime characters as inspiration for travelling creepy (in which is pretty weird) then that's on them.

And being an autistic person I don't give into pressure as much. I don't like interacting with people physically and I keep to a handful of sites on the internet and never strayed from them in years. (Game news, anime sites, BBC/Reuters, Wikipedia, Google, anime and animals on Reddit etc.).

Outside of the obvious like my name, face, address and all that which is common sense that's it from me on a place like this. There might come a time on Discord with voice but that's it.

And all you guys have is my word. I'm like the rest of yous. Getting ****ed one way or another in this world and making the most of it by keeping it simple. I don't see a reason not to.

Now that is all done. I'm moving on from the topic

------------------------------------------------

So and to ask my friends for thoughts:

Lamperouge Lamperouge and Wademan94 Wademan94 what do yous think of my new pfp? I'm loving it!
It's cropped well and I like their color scheme.

Who's the character?

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Worst part is that dude turned me against a group of friends I made here during the 4 days

granted I felt I was overstaying my welcome with some of them and some of them were becoming a bit judgmental but even a few of the nicer people left me following an incident with that person. Only a few are my friend today still and only one that I lost is open to making up. Worse, some of the ones I lost that don’t wanna make amends are friends with a few mutual friends and I don’t want an us vs them, for them to pick a side or something
You're in a better state than I was after the incident I had with a former friend group. It's why I fled the internet for a year and only came back now and am still staying away from Twitter, cause I'm pretty sure they want me dead.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
You're in a better state than I was after the incident I had with a former friend group. It's why I fled the internet for a year and only came back now and am still staying away from Twitter, cause I'm pretty sure they want me dead.
Damn…

the former friends in my case don’t want me dead per se, but from 2017 onwards until 2019 (when they cut ties) I was in a really rough spot in my life, I don’t want to go too much into detail. Let’s just say I had a tendency to complain a lot and got jealous easily

and the other dude suckered me good cuz they all seemed to be going through similar almost constant struggles and I thought I could relate

but then some stuff of their stories started to not add up… I saw it too late

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Damn…

the former friends in my case don’t want me dead per se, but from 2017 onwards until 2019 (when they cut ties) I was in a really rough spot in my life, I don’t want to go too much into detail. Let’s just say I had a tendency to complain a lot and got jealous easily

and the other dude suckered me good cuz they all seemed to be going through similar almost constant struggles and I thought I could relate

but then some stuff of their stories started to not add up… I saw it too late
Honestly I feel really awful about the entire situation with my former friend group.

Because on the one hand, my actions were the catalyst for that whole affair and I could've probably communicated a lot better, but on the other hand they said some ****ing terrible things and blatantly broke my trust without any warning

It's a shame because in a way I kinda miss them, but I know things can never go back to the way they were

Just a penguin

Smash Master
Honestly I feel really awful about the entire situation with my former friend group.

Because on the one hand, my actions were the catalyst for that whole affair and I could've probably communicated a lot better, but on the other hand they said some ****ing terrible things and blatantly broke my trust without any warning

It's a shame because in a way I kinda miss them, but I know things can never go back to the way they were
Your actions weren’t malicious, while their actions (from what I’ve read) clearly were. You have the right to regret ending your time with them, but you should under no circumstances blame yourself.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

It's fine to have regrets with that.

I've similar with IRL friends. Always wished we got out of our asses and made the effort to do things together instead of being cryptic and all.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Your actions weren’t malicious, while their actions (from what I’ve read) clearly were. You have the right to regret ending your time with them, but you should under no circumstances blame yourself.
That's usually how I rationalize it in my head but I can't fully come to terms with it, especially since I know most of them wouldn't turn on my if I didn't **** up as badly as I did

And knowing them they probably still **** talk me from time to time so I don't think I have any hope of getting back to Twitter anytime soon

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If I don’t get a big ass wave of fatigue and manage to finish stuff up early after work ends I may finally get around to that heckin LM3 stream I’ve been talking about

also what say y’all to Fatal Frame V release day stream? It’s during the last days of October

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So I'm watching some show called Panty and Stocking.

This **** is ****ing stupid, it's just Regular Show but a raunchy anime.
I know someone aint talking **** about Panty and Stocking
man i dont know if im falling for some sick bait or if i'm sensing poor taste
I mean it's ****ing stupid in a good way
And just like Regular Show, you're not ready for the final episode.
Panty and Stocking is based as ****
idk whether this makes me want to watch this show or not beyond a mere YouTube clip
BDA5211C-50EF-450A-9379-3FAF4DE80D0F.gif

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Then I really must be an enigma then as I think very few differences between me online and offline. I wouldn't be as praising in writing than in person and I would be more cautious.

I know really within me there is a part that after seeing my own parent meet his best friend over a place like this and get along well, has met IRL and now our families are really close. Part of me is like maybe some of that could happen to me but to not to an extent of meeting IRL but like over video chat or something.

I hate people lying to me about major stuff online or offline and I'm probably not the only one.
Oh, if anything I'm more open online. Irl I tend to avoid talking about myself or my interests altogether since I was bullied so much for my obsessions as a kid. Online spaces like this forum at least give me a safe space to share my interests without too much fear of being judged or scorned.

I just can't get close to people online or offline though. I'm just too scared and reserved to come out of my shell entirely.

On a different note, a lot of my sister's closest friends are people she met online. One particularly close friend she's been in contact with since Middle school has even invited her to a wedding recently. She's always just been waaay more popular with people then me though. I do get a little worried about her getting catfished one day but she thankfully knows the red flags.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
One of the few good things about losing that online friend group is that it forced me out of my comfort zone and led me to reconnect with my IRL friends. Before that I only talked to a select few but after that incident I started seeing them more often and eventually I got back into contact with a few friends I haven't talked to in over a year.

But here's the thing, I have a pretty big group of IRL friends but only the small handful I mentioned share my interests so online is usually my best option when it comes to talking about them

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Trying to get a job
Need a high school diploma
Don’t have a high school diploma because I was born in a goddamn cult

View attachment 334207

So what the **** do I do then?
Get a GED, I thinks that's what they're called?

You were at least homeschooled, right?
Yeah GEDs are substitutes for a diploma. I think you can get them faster to, you just need to prove you know things. I could be wrong though, but I know a lot of places will take candidates with these as well.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So, Sora's actually in Smash, huh? Never thought that day would come, considering we're talking about The Mouse here.
Yes, I know I'm very late with this.
TBF, I still think a few of us are still processing this revelation as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom