• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
New Misty and Ericka coming:
Definitely characters I like, but I can't say I'm really hyped for them. Misty seems kind of over-designed and Erika (this is her 4th alt!) seems under-designed. Misty seems gimmicky and relies hard on evasion tanking. Erika seems solid so long as Sun is up, but I'm not sure if she's worth it if you already have Brendon or Selene.

The Fall Seasonals are looking very good at least. Caitlyn seems like another Top Support unit with Mega Sableye shenanigans. Morty beats himself for best physical Ghost user and AOE Burn is neat. Allister is probably late to the party for best new Ghost unit, very solid but Lillie & Lunala exists. It's hilarious we're finally getting Darach after well over a year.

Today has been a nostalgic day for me, or really a, "Dang, I feel old" kind of day:

Hard to believe it's already been 15 years since Pokemon Diamond and Pearl first released in Japan. It still feels like yesterday when I was following the release hype news on the week the games first released. They were the first Pokemon games I actively followed the pre-release information for, as well as the eventual release week news.

Happy 15th Anniversary to the games that started the 4th Generation of Pokemon, my favorite generation of Pokemon to this day!

Looking forward to playing BDSP in two months from now. It's sure going to be a nostalgic trip!
I still remember when DP was first announced back in 2004. I had recently discovered Serebii.net so learning about the greater Pokemon media franchise was still mind blowing for me at the time. Learning about Emerald, Deoxys, Munchlax, Pokemon Adventures continued after Yellow, anime episodes months in advance, etc.

I don't think Nintendo or Game Freak would allow what happened with DP's development cycle to happen again. While certainly not the scale of Bayonetta 3 or MP4, I don't think today's internet would take kindly to having to wait 2~3 years for a new Pokemon game to come out after having been announced that early. Gen 2 also took long, but only ~2 years as Gen 1 wasn't even out in NA/PAL in 1997 when announced.

The wait for it was rough but the trickles of information and expansion of spin off titles for Gen 3 were a great time waster. XD, Mystery Dungeon, Ranger, and Trozei were all solid spin offs. Munchlax & Bonsly appearing as teasers in XD I don't think would be allowed to happen again. Lucario was built up as the next big mascot Pokemon with the excellent Movie 8 and Mystery Dungeon cameo; we didn't know it wasn't a Legendary until after DP launched!

Digging through the news section from that time brings back a lot of nostalgia. Datamining wasn't as big a thing just yet so internet sites were being updated in real time and using screen shots from a camera. I remember for several days I'd wake up before school and learn about 5-6 new Pokemon being discovered for almost a week straight. Serebii also got hacked around that time from what I now remember. lol

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
WTF is everyone doing up at 4am?

On a school night??
Uh, let's see, my feet alternate from freezing to burning, my face is sore from razor-burn, my nose and throat are all stuffed up, and I'm a general insomniac trying to keep existential thoughts at bay via Youtube and Source Filmmaker.

Yeah, I'm great!

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
3 things, first of all, I watcged CastleVania season 4, great way to end such a fantastic show. Second, I started Legend of Korra, very promising so far and very different. Finally, Metroid Dread may have a cool ass mechanic as there's something inconsistent about the HUD they've been showing off and I am so goddamn excited for it

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Universal Studios Japan's Super Nintendo Land is getting an expansion in which a Donkey Kong themed area is in the works and it is expected to open in 2024.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Sora gets into Smash, but the presentation is just sakurai trying to explain the story of Kingdom hearts in 40 minutes.

Not even gameplay or mii costumes are shown.
KH1 is still the best game in the series. Going pure movie plots for the other games was a bad idea.

Reactions: Z25

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
New Pokemon trailers, Arceus first:
We know the one weird yellow glowing Pokemon is now called Kleavor, a Bug/Rock type evolution of Scyther, we also see Mars' ancestor as well as Marley's and a look at trainer customisation

Now for BDSP:
Walking with Pokemon is unlocked via Amity Square, Poketch is still in and we see how and it also addresses the HM problem

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
KH1 is still the best game in the series. Going pure movie plots for the other games was a bad idea.
I want to agree with you but, i just cant get over how clunky the first games gameplay is. And the game has way too many annoying boss battles for my liking.

The later games just have better level design.

We know the one weird yellow glowing Pokemon is now called Kleavor, a Bug/Rock type evolution of Scyther, we also see Mars' ancestor as well as Marley's and a look at trainer customisation

Now for BDSP:
Walking with Pokemon is unlocked via Amity Square, Poketch is still in and we see how and it also addresses the HM problem
I cant get a read on what time period legends is supposed to be in.

Jondolio

Smash Hero

Now for BDSP:
I don't know if anyone noticed, but the player characters in BDSP make Link-like grunts now
We're getting closer to full voice acting babyee

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Ooh, I gotta say I'm a fan of Kleavor. Having a mantis that runs around with giant battle axes for hands is a fun idea. I still will always prefer Scyther's more draconic look over its evolution's but I'd be willing to consider adding Kleavor to my team.

Being able to hop around and throw pokeballs from the back of ride pokemon seems really fun. In an open world game like this making traversal fun is really important so it's cool to see how dynamic movement is.

Still feeling very optimistic about this game.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

Now for BDSP:
Pinsir can't win, can he. Scyther gets an evolution without him, his new rival (Heracross) is way more popular than him, his mega is kinda underwhelming (and Scizor gets a really good one), and now Scyther is getting a second Evolution.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Pinsir can't win, can he. Scyther gets an evolution without him, his new rival (Heracross) is way more popular than him, his mega is kinda underwhelming (and Scizor gets a really good one), and now Scyther is getting a second Evolution.
The Alphachad Scyther vs The Omegachad Heracross vs The Beta Cuck Pinsir
this is a joke

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
New Misty and Ericka coming:
Can't wait for the new arc, so excited about it. Playing the game a lot, hehe. I like it for once like actually, it's one of the only Pokemon games I'll play.

In all seriousness though. I'd like to ask you about your opinions, don't take that as me saying 'I want that' thing, it's just that recent leaks seems to suggest that. Do you really think Sora is going to be the last DLC fighter?

Personally, I would say that's a possibility, but considering Disney and Square Enix, I don't think that is likely. However, we might see someone as crazy as Sora or maybe more. It's likely that the last showcase will be the one making or breaking the 2nd DLC pass.

At this point there might be rumors about the sixth Smash game, it might be a complete reboot or might not be, but what matters more would be being able to look forward to the future. I think Sakurai might stick around a little longer, before retiring or at least, withdrawing from his director position.

Super Smash Bros. MMORPG and original characters when?

Reactions: Z25

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Just watched the Lucy and Lincoln showcases for All Star Brawl. Never seen The Loud House but I can still see their movesets were made with love.

Lucy will probably be a character who has a small number of really dedicated players, especially since I think a lot of Loud House fans will gravitate towards the easier to play and much more chipper Lincoln. That's fine though. Fighting games can really benefit from having niche characters like this - character choice is a huge part of player expression after all.

There's still like a 0% chance I'll main or even pocket either of them though.

Can't wait for the Reptar showcase.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Now for BDSP:
You can change your skin tone in PLA

All I needed to hear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom