• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
ATLUS: puts SMT V release and Persona 25th anniversary so close to each other

Me: "I should do something to celebrate those two series."

Also me: digs up 3DS to play Overclocked

osby

Smash Obsessed
Listening to a bunch of old books on audible. The Invisible Man by HG Wells is not a scary story. It’s a cheesy action movie. One liners and all.
I see Invisible Man as an ethics experiment turned into writer having too much fun with the concept rather than a staright-up horror monster.

I'd say Well's writing in general is usually unsettling at worst, rather than scary. The far future in the Time Machine is probably the closest he got to being genuinely frightening.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I see Invisible Man as an ethics experiment turned into writer having too much fun with the concept rather than a staright-up horror monster.

I'd say Well's writing in general is usually unsettling at worst, rather than scary. The far future in the Time Machine is probably the closest.
I’m just saying. The best movie portrayal of Griffin would be by Nicolas Cage and you can’t change my mind of that.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Downloaded the Deltarune update on Switch. I'm going out for most of the day so there's a good chance I'll start Chapter 2 while on the bus and stuff like that. Also, it will give me something to do during downtime at work.
Is there anything I should know about it before starting? I already played Chapter 1 but I heard Ch2 has multiple pathways.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
It's a mod for Majora's Mask, that replaces like, a ton of textures, with Nicolas Cage's face.

Vinny Vinesauce did a full playthrough of it for charity awhile ago.

What Majora's Mask looks like to someone who hasn't played it:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Wii is sketchy 'cause the amount of work needed to get 90% of the library functioning would take a good amount of work.

GCN though? I could see it by late 2023 with the inevitable Switch successor.
You fool, a Switch successor would simply have 10 NES games while we patiently wait for SNES 2 years after that!

In other news, Arin Hansen is getting upset because he's not breaking Sonic Colours Ultimate

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Downloaded the Deltarune update on Switch. I'm going out for most of the day so there's a good chance I'll start Chapter 2 while on the bus and stuff like that. Also, it will give me something to do during downtime at work.
Is there anything I should know about it before starting? I already played Chapter 1 but I heard Ch2 has multiple pathways.
It has a different ending depending on whether you’re neutral/no mercy or pacifist like in Chapter 1, but also it has a major alternative route, however you may not know how to do it without a good guess or looking it up online.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So, there's Venom Snake, Solid Snake, Liquid Snake, and Solidus Snake right? So when's Plasma Snake? Is Raiden technically Plasma Snake? What's the dank lore on this one?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
What GC games do you think would be part of it’s lineup?

Well, it SHOULD be Path of Radiance and Wario World, but stuff like MP1, Sunshine, Pikmin, Luigi's Mansion and Double Dash would make the most sense starting off.

Prime 2, Wind Waker, TP, Kirby Air Ride, Pikmin 2, F-Zero X, SF Adventures, SF Assault, maaaaaybe Melee, and the Soccer and Baseball Mario games would work. Same with Gamecube Mario Tennis and Golf. Eternal Darkness and Geist too, for the more gritty titles. Pokemon Colosseum and XD would be dope but I don't see them ever doing that(not that GC support would be likely).

Soul Calibur 2,
Mega Man Network Transmission,
MMX Command Mission,
Sonic Heroes,
Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2,
PN03,
RE1 Remake(I know 4 HD is on Switch I don't know if RE1HD is.)
Twin Snakes,
SA2B,
SADX,
Billy Hatcher,
Pac-Man World 2, 3 and Rally.
MKDA,
MKD,
Bloody Roar Primal Fury
CVS2
Gotcha Force

I still got a Gamecube on me, but I'd still be interested in its potential inclusion more than N64 honestly. Some titles are way too pricey now. But considering how their SNES and NES libraries are, the third party choices, while potentially really cool, would probably disappoint.

SNES could've dropped titles like Rockman and Forte(they dropped JPN only titles like Psycho Dream of all things), Final Fight 2 and 3, like the 3DS got. Hell, even B.O.B or PLOK. Not to mention KI and MK, since unlike Street Fighter and Fatal Fury, you can't get the arcade versions on Switch.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
So, there's Venom Snake, Solid Snake, Liquid Snake, and Solidus Snake right? So when's Plasma Snake? Is Raiden technically Plasma Snake? What's the dank lore on this one?
You forgot Naked Snake, who inherited the title of Big Boss from The Boss. Venom Snake was his doppelganger/stand-in.

And no, there isn't a Plasma Snake. Raiden went by Snake at the start of the Big Shell Incident, but then he dropped that codename in lieu of the one initially given to him, which was Raiden.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Man, I really needed those 2 days away from this site. I feel so refreshed now. I am gonna try to not post as much here though.

Anyway, what did I miss? :239:

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, Shroob Shroob Just a penguin Just a penguin I did a draft on Friday and got a lot of goodies while I was at it.

I had a $60 off coupon(because I spent so much money at my LGS lol) that I got all of this for $2:
950D694D-0ADB-4205-BE5A-C3114B1BBC7E.jpeg

(as a side note: the recent commander precons have been stacked with really good reprints. I would definitely recommend them to people wanting to get into Commander or Magic in general)

In addition, I bought a MID bundle with my own money
70CD59BB-A4C7-4AE1-96E7-DE0BCB238512.jpeg

and pulled some good ****:
370CA960-35D1-4534-A95F-7D572DC5F8AC.jpeg

(Wrenn is(was?) the most expensive card of the set last time I checked.)

And then we actually got to the draft. I wish I got a few more pics, but I drafted a very bad Selyesna build that was basically just a bunch of good low cost white cards, and what few green cards I could find.(since we only did 4 people pods my options were very limited, but there was some good cards in our pod like a Wrenn and a ton of dual lands):
826DB394-25C7-44B9-8B88-7EB3CAFD59A9.jpeg

I tried getting some cards that could make any color of mana so that I could use cards that weren’t in my colors(hence the random black card) but I only managed to snag 1 card that could make any color of mana more than once so that didn’t help a whole lot.

I managed to win a match though! We only had 2 rounds because of time constraints(by the time we finished building our decks it was already almost 7pm and the store closes at 8) but that was an achievement in of itself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So uh.

I had my first tire puncture on my bike today cause I cycled over thorns hidden in the path.

1c7HCjT.png

Well there goes £15.

I'm trying to save money! Not spend it!

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Lmao Arin Hanson is pissed that he jkined Colors Ultimate hate wave too late and the game isn't glitching out.

Sonic Fans finally catch their first W in over a decade.
How dare game developers fix issues and have their game function as intended to make the experience enjoyable?

NOW how am I gonna beat a dead horse and get my funny "heehuehuehhduehehuheehhe sonc baed lolololo" clicks???

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Simple: random silliness cranked up to 11 and beyond.
and it worked deaths aside
Final Smash direct opens like this:

How do you react?
09D5AF29-D045-48FD-A211-23B2A3F3CD57.jpeg
San Diego? Where in the world is she?

Anyone get the reference?
Carmen on her way to join Smash rn

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
How dare game developers fix issues and have their game function as intended to make the experience enjoyable?

NOW how am I gonna beat a dead horse and get my funny "heehuehuehhduehehuheehhe sonc baed lolololo" clicks???
Dude is actually malding lmao

MooMew64

Still blows my mind Sega invited him to things.

Jirad the Completionist makes sense to work with because the dude genuinely loves Sonic and is super honest about his thoughts on the games, good and bad.

Arin literally just wants an excuse to scream at a blue hedgehog to ride the waves of that one time he lost it at Froggy, lol.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Still blows my mind Sega invited him to things.

Jirad the Completionist makes sense to work with because the dude genuinely loves Sonic and is super honest about his thoughts on the games, good and bad.

Arin literally just wants an excuse to scream at a blue hedgehog to ride the waves of that one time he lost it at Froggy, lol.
Iirc they stopped inviting him

MooMew64

Iirc they stopped inviting him
I don't think they interact with him on Twitter through the character takeovers anymore, either.

I think they were hoping they'd win him over and get his fans to play the games if they catered to his schtick,

However now, I think, they get the point that he could really care less about the quality of a title, he just wants the easy controversy content clicks.

D

Deleted member

I drove all the way from my house to our church for the first time today.

My nerves do not like me right now.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I don't think they interact with him on Twitter through the character takeovers anymore, either.

I think they were hoping they'd win him over and get his fans to play the games if they catered to his schtick,

However now, I think, they get the point that he could really care less about the quality of a title, he just wants the easy controversy content clicks.
Wasn't he pissed that he wasn't invited to the Sonic Fan panel or whatever?

Like yeah, you just **** on the games no wondee why you weren't invited

MooMew64

Wasn't he pissed that he wasn't invited to the Sonic Fan panel or whatever?

Like yeah, you just **** on the games no wondee why you weren't invited
I actually didn't hear about that one.

I think he and the GG also made several videos dumping on fanmade content, too, now that I'm thinking about it.

He just seems like he's genuinely really nasty and mean to the franchise and anything associated with it for no reason other than he knows it generates views. I definitely understand why Sega would go "Hmmmm maybe we don't want this to be a face of our brand".

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Arin Hanson when the Sonic game has been patched and he can't intentionally activate convoluted glitches to **** on the game and has to get new material

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Remember that Arin faked liking Sonic Mania.

Tho tbh, at this point is just a troll who should be ignored when it come to Sonic at least, and if Sega finally got the clue, maybe we should all follow & stop giving GG views for the same "jokes" we already seen 10000 times now.

Last edited:

MooMew64

Remember that Arin faked liking Sonic Mania.

Tho tbh, at this point is just a troll who should be ignored when it come to Sonic at least, and if Sega finally got the clue, maybe we should all follow & stop giving GG views for the same "jokes" we already seen 10000 times now.
hey

heyheyheyheyheyhey

did you know

Sonic 06 bad

Sonic kissed a human princess

isn't that hilarious

laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom