• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Finished watching Straight Outta Nowhere: Scooby-Doo Meets Courage the Cowardly Dog.

It definitely lived up to its hyped and retained what makes Courage the Cowardly Dog great combined with the antics of Scooby-Doo. A long overdue crossover that finally came. I'd definitely rank as amongst the best movies this year for sure.

Katz and Le Quack were behind everything.

The movie also reveals what causes all the strange, weird and supernatural horrors Courage deals with daily in Nowhere. Apparently, the meteor which caused the extinction of the dinosaurs emitting this dark energy.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
What I’m most curious about is that the person who leaked the Nick stuff, intentionally blurred the last two characters and removed their stages from the CSS.

I just want to know why you leak 3 characters we already know and then dip without posting the other info you have.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Once my Xbox is done updating I shall begin watching Straight Outta Nowhere: Scooby-Doo! Meets Courage the Cowardly Dog!
You're gonna love it man. It retains what makes Courage such a great show combined with the usual antics of Scooby-Doo.

A crossover long overdue. It was well worth the wait.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Speaking of Cartoon Network, Maxwell Atoms, the creator of The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, pitched a new B&M movie titled "Billy and Mandy Destroy Us All". The entire script and all songs have been written.

Unfortunately Cartoon Network denied it because "kids today don't know what Billy and Mandy is"

Of course that's a huge load of horse **** for many reasons:
  • You can educate kids easily since the show is available on HBO Max
  • Didn't stop Nickelodeon from making movies for Rocko's Modern Life and Invader Zim
  • And this great Twitter image by @ 3GoldBalls further proves the ****ty excuse:

Even Greg Eagles, the voice actor for Grim, is supporting this fan campaign

CN better reconsider!

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Speaking of Cartoon Network, Maxwell Atoms, the creator of The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, pitched a new B&M movie titled "Billy and Mandy Destroy Us All". The entire script and all songs have been written.

Unfortunately Cartoon Network denied it because "kids today don't know what Billy and Mandy is"

Of course that's a huge load of horse **** for another reasons:
  • Didn't stop Nickelodeon from making movies for Rocko's Modern Life and Invader Zim
  • And this great Twitter image by @ 3GoldBalls further proves the ****ty excuses

CN better reconsider!
In other words, Irrevelency apparently is no longer an issue.

Especially with all these sudden belated sequels of 80s and 90s classic movies as well as the Nick games featuring Nick characters from the 90s and early 2000s.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

Of course that's a huge load of horse **** for another reasons:
  • And this great Twitter image by @ 3GoldBalls further proves the ****ty excuse:

CN better reconsider!
...I would not consider Thundercats Roar a good argument for that meme.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So

Direct announcement thoughts for tomorrow?

I personally don't think it's gonna happen.

No reason, just a guess. :nifty:
According to NateDrake, he poorly phrased about the September Direct, and now his sources say nothing for this week.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Noipoi

Howdy!
So

Direct announcement thoughts for tomorrow?

I personally don't think it's gonna happen.

No reason, just a guess. :nifty:
I think this week is done for.

I suppose there’s always next week, but I dunno. Maybe Nintendo just didn’t feel the need for a direct in September.

Metroid’s done just fine in the advertising department, TPC can handle the Pokémon marketing themselves. Games like Splatoon 3 and BOTW2 can always be shown off a little later, and you can have a Sakurai presentation for the last fighter. Smaller games like Mario party could get a Twitter update, too.

It’s strange, but maybe they just didn’t think a direct this fall was necessary for some reason.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
According to NateDrake, he poorly phrased about the September Direct, and now his sources say nothing for this week.
Most likely not based on this.

It's either next week otherwise we're probably waiting until next month.
NateDrake was one of our sources?

Niko_83c.png

Ahhhhhh, now it makes sense why it didn't happen!

He's gonna claim "reschedule" or "worded poorly" every time this happens, isn't he.

I think this week is done for.

I suppose there’s always next week, but I dunno. Maybe Nintendo just didn’t feel the need for a direct in September.

Metroid’s done just fine in the advertising department, TPC can handle the Pokémon marketing themselves. Games like Splatoon 3 and BOTW2 can always be shown off a little later, and you can have a Sakurai presentation for the last fighter. Smaller games like Mario party could get a Twitter update, too.

It’s strange, but maybe they just didn’t think a direct this fall was necessary for some reason.
TBH I'm more thinking a Sakurai presents in the next few weeks.

I don't think Nintendo's in a need to get new games info out there right now: They have plenty coming out inbetween now and February.

When I'm in a copium inhaling competition and my opponent is a person waiting for a Nintendo direct
View attachment 330315
This is me btw
I need cooperate advertisements injected into my veins or I will perish.

How else will I make a video about how "underwhelming" it was after it airs?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I've got my holidays starting Friday.

Nintendo, you've got until I go back to work to get a Direct up. Don't hold out on me.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I hate you.
What’s to be mad about? This is how Crash wins :yeahboi:

TBH I'm more thinking a Sakurai presents in the next few weeks.

I don't think Nintendo's in a need to get new games info out there right now: They have plenty coming out inbetween now and February.
Yeah, I think we may be looking at the next direct being February 2022. With dedicated presentations and/or Twitter updates for the games that need them.
The next few months are packed with some big hitters already.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
What’s to be mad about? This is how Crash wins :yeahboi:

Yeah, I think we may be looking at the next direct being February 2022. With dedicated presentations and/or Twitter updates for the games that need them.
The next few months are packed with some big hitters already.
But directs are fun!

I’m sad.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, I agree. I love em.

But I’m trying to find some reasoning as to why Nintendo would opt to not have their usual fall direct.
I just… sighs…. I just… I can’t even express what I’m feeling because I’m afraid of actualizing it into reality by describing or not describing what I do or do not think is happening and how I may or may not feel about it and I’m just tired of waiting. I have a job now so that’s something to keep me occupied at least but like… each direct and state of play and inside Xbox is a hypothetical chance for me to be happy again and I just want that back.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I just… sighs…. I just… I can’t even express what I’m feeling because I’m afraid of actualizing it into reality by describing or not describing what I do or do not think is happening and how I may or may not feel about it and I’m just tired of waiting. I have a job now so that’s something to keep me occupied at least but like… each direct and state of play and inside Xbox is a hypothetical chance for me to be happy again and I just want that back.
Relax, would ya? They won’t be gone forever. I just think they’re taking a break till next year.

If 2020 didn’t kill em, nothing will.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I'mma be real with y'all:

My activity here is probably gonna lessen by quite a bit.

With working a full time job ATM, trying to improve my art, and other even more important things, something's gonna have to give so I'm not stretching myself thin and wearing myself out. This has been something that's been on my mind a lot lately and I just wanted to share, since I'm one of the regulars here and didn't want anyone wondering where I went if my activity isn't the current super activity it currently is ('cause it's probably not gonna be lol).

I was sticking around just in case a Direct was brewin', but I don't think we're gettin' one, honestly. Tomorrow is kind of the do or die moment, and I'm kind of on the fence, It looked plausible, but now that people with "info" are backing down and things we were looking at as evidence are becoming coincidences, I just don't think it's in the cards this time.

Wanna make it clear though: This is not a goodbye post. I'm not leaving fully. Presently. I can't assure anything after CP11.

What this is, though, is an admission that I have more than enough games on my plate ATM and have other things I wanna pursue for now. I'll definitely pop in for bits at a time, but to be on here for hours like I was? Just not something I can do ATM, nor am I sure I wanna do anymore, TBH.

That's all the serious talk you're getting out of me. Back to memes and my other usual nonsense. :pikachumelee:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'mma be real with y'all:

My activity here is probably gonna lessen by quite a bit.

With working a full time job ATM, trying to improve my art, and other even more important things, something's gonna have to give so I'm not stretching myself thin and wearing myself out. This has been something that's been on my mind a lot lately and I just wanted to share, since I'm one of the regulars here and didn't want anyone wondering where I went if my activity isn't the current super activity it currently is ('cause it's probably not gonna be lol).

I was sticking around just in case a Direct was brewin', but I don't think we're gettin' one, honestly. Tomorrow is kind of the do or die moment, and I'm kind of on the fence, It looked plausible, but now that people with "info" are backing down and things we were looking at as evidence are becoming coincidences, I just don't think it's in the cards this time.

Wanna make it clear though: This is not a goodbye post. I'm not leaving fully. Presently. I can't assure anything after CP11.

What this is, though, is an admission that I have more than enough games on my plate ATM and have other things I wanna pursue for now. I'll definitely pop in for bits at a time, but to be on here for hours like I was? Just not something I can do ATM, nor am I sure I wanna do anymore, TBH.

That's all the serious talk you're getting out of me. Back to memes and my other usual nonsense. :pikachumelee:
Look at this ************. Getting a life.

5472DC76-70B8-4B4C-BC79-49B8C7E2D1B5.jpeg

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Might not be able to watch Scooby/Courage tonight. I updated my Xbox One and I'm getting stuck on a black screen.

I have other DVD players in the house but still.

Damn it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom