• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Bob Chapek needs to get his act together since I do feel he is responsible for this mess. Either ways, I predict things will be resolved eventually because like I said, I'm pretty sure that they will want to settle this as soon as possible as long as they do not throw further shades at each other.

Anyways, 9 more days until What If comes on to Disney+.
knowing that Carter, T’Challa, and Loki are the first ones to go…and that T’Challa is apart of 4 episodes, had me tired of waiting despite what Steve Rogers taught us

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So guys. Since I have watched Promare as my 25th anime film, thought I'd post them all in order from best to worst in my view. Bottom just means, eh or boring more or less. And I've thrown a thoughts across each of them so bear with me to read/

Tagging Lamperouge Lamperouge Wademan94 Wademan94 duxx duxx osby osby Noipoi Noipoi cause Ghibli and the Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo for thoughts there. Oh and KillerCage KillerCage since I've the Made in Abyss film too.

1. From Up On Poppy Hill - Ghibli's best film IMO. Simple two pronged plot, a time period would love to see more (1960's Japan), soundtrack and all.

2. Kiki's Delivery Service - I love Kiki as a character, her cat is adorable, the plot is so heartwarming and it's just great film.

3. A Silent Voice - KyoAni did some magic on this. One of the best films I've seen and with a plot that took me to heart.

4. Your Name - The first non Ghibli film I saw and it blew my mind. Music, visuals, pacing made it incredible. Plotholes are why it didn't make to my top three.

5. Wolf Children - Was once my favourite anime film but now I would have rather seen it as a TV series.

6. Weathering With You - Beautiful as hell and containing some of my favourite characters and music from anime films. It's a lot tighter than Your Name.

7. Whisper of the Heart - Another great Studio Ghibli film and the only one I've actually bought the soundtrack of so far. Another romantic slice of life film.

8. When Marnie Was There - A girl with anxiety visiting an old house in a rural town was amazing to see and had a really nice twist.

9. Promare - The latest anime film I've watched that's a trip fest. I love it but mech anime is just not my thing. Music was god. Sawano made gold with it in his best soundtrack IMO.

10. My Neighbour Totoro - The first anime film I saw that wasn't a Pokemon film and blew my 10 year old mind. Might rewatch it again.

11. Children Who Chase Lost Voices - Such an underrated film by Makoto Shinkai. It was brilliant but had bad pacing issues.

12. Summer Wars - Another trip but just felt eh. Only higher cause I enjoyed the characters.

13. Princess Mononoke - Only really down here cause it's been about six years since I've last seen it but was perfection. Just other anime and stuff have taken over my mind since then.

14. 5 Centimeters Per Second - A film about someone falling in love three times. It was great but really expected something else from it.

15. Spirited Away - The big anime film that was great but wasn't my thing.

16. Arrietty - The Borrowers are always a great book and film to see no matter the times and culture. A Japanese take on it? Even better.

17. Patema Inverted - Another film that would have been better as a TV series given it's concept of a world where two peoples live upside down from each other and had a great twist.

18. Saga of Tanya the Evil: The Movie - Psycho Loli does war crimes...............in Russia!

19. Mirai - Mamoru Hosoda didn't do a bad job and it was really good doing a film from a toddler's perspective. Just the fantasy elements were too ambiguous and got boring.

20. A Whisker Away - A film that tried to be Ghibli and somewhat succeeded. Should have been a TV series

21. The Place Promised in Our Early Days - Shinkai should have made this as a TV series just saying. Still, you can see his work at Nihon Falcom there in the form of the art style so that's appealing.

22. Made in Abyss: Dawn of the Deep Soul - For a Made in Abyss thing it was just average. Great antagonist and setting but it went too far on the gore this time again.

23. The Girl Who Leapt Through Time - Another film from Hosoda that was eh.

24. Konosuba: The Legend of Crimson - I expected Megumin the movie. I got a ****ed up, tried too hard of a mess.

25. Garden of Words - Makoto Shinkai really went too short on this. Just lacked the magic of his other films and was more like a animation demo thing.

So there you guys go. So let me know your thoughts.

And a few I've still yet to see:

Fate Stay Night Heaven's Feel Trilogy
Non Non Biyori Vacation
No Game No Life Zero
The Anthem of the Heart
K-On The Movie!

There you go, long post again.

Shroob

Sup?
Man

It's been soo long since I've gotten to "Nerd out" with a group over a topic I forgot how fun it could be.

And I realize.........."Maybe... Smash speculation... isn't as fun as I thought it was after all."

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
So guys. Since I have watched Promare as my 25th anime film, thought I'd post them all in order from best to worst in my view. Bottom just means, eh or boring more or less. And I've thrown a thoughts across each of them so bear with me to read/

Tagging Lamperouge Lamperouge Wademan94 Wademan94 duxx duxx osby osby Noipoi Noipoi cause Ghibli and the Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo for thoughts there. Oh and KillerCage KillerCage since I've the Made in Abyss film too.

1. From Up On Poppy Hill - Ghibli's best film IMO. Simple two pronged plot, a time period would love to see more (1960's Japan), soundtrack and all.

2. Kiki's Delivery Service - I love Kiki as a character, her cat is adorable, the plot is so heartwarming and it's just great film.

3. A Silent Voice - KyoAni did some magic on this. One of the best films I've seen and with a plot that took me to heart.

4. Your Name - The first non Ghibli film I saw and it blew my mind. Music, visuals, pacing made it incredible. Plotholes are why it didn't make to my top three.

5. Wolf Children - Was once my favourite anime film but now I would have rather seen it as a TV series.

6. Weathering With You - Beautiful as hell and containing some of my favourite characters and music from anime films. It's a lot tighter than Your Name.

7. Whisper of the Heart - Another great Studio Ghibli film and the only one I've actually bought the soundtrack of so far. Another romantic slice of life film.

8. When Marnie Was There - A girl with anxiety visiting an old house in a rural town was amazing to see and had a really nice twist.

9. Promare - The latest anime film I've watched that's a trip fest. I love it but mech anime is just not my thing. Music was god. Sawano made gold with it in his best soundtrack IMO.

10. My Neighbour Totoro - The first anime film I saw that wasn't a Pokemon film and blew my 10 year old mind. Might rewatch it again.

11. Children Who Chase Lost Voices - Such an underrated film by Makoto Shinkai. It was brilliant but had bad pacing issues.

12. Summer Wars - Another trip but just felt eh. Only higher cause I enjoyed the characters.

13. Princess Mononoke - Only really down here cause it's been about six years since I've last seen it but was perfection. Just other anime and stuff have taken over my mind since then.

14. 5 Centimeters Per Second - A film about someone falling in love three times. It was great but really expected something else from it.

16. Arrietty - The Borrowers are always a great book and film to see no matter the times and culture. A Japanese take on it? Even better.

17. Patema Inverted - Another film that would have been better as a TV series given it's concept of a world where two peoples live upside down from each other and had a great twist.

18. Saga of Tanya the Evil: The Movie - Psycho Loli does war crimes...............in Russia!

19. Mirai - Mamoru Hosoda didn't do a bad job and it was really good doing a film from a toddler's perspective. Just the fantasy elements were too ambiguous and got boring.

20. A Whisker Away - A film that tried to be Ghibli and somewhat succeeded. Should have been a TV series

21. The Place Promised in Our Early Days - Shinkai should have made this as a TV series just saying. Still, you can see his work at Nihon Falcom there in the form of the art style so that's appealing.

22. Made in Abyss: Dawn of the Deep Soul - For a Made in Abyss thing it was just average. Great antagonist and setting but it went too far on the gore this time again.

24. Konosuba: The Legend of Crimson - I expected Megumin the movie. I got a ****ed up, tried too hard of a mess.

25. Garden of Words - Makoto Shinkai really went too short on this. Just lacked the magic of his other films and was more like a animation demo thing.

Non Non Biyori Vacation
No Game No Life Zero
The Anthem of the Heart
K-On The Movie!

I don't really know what to say because I haven't actually seen any of these.

Probably should start watching some Ghibli stuff at least.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I found this a few days ago, It looks really good so far.
Well, speaking of PM mods...

Dang, we really findin' PM mods left & right.
Yooooo, thanks for pointing these out to me. I didn't know PM was starting to develop an actual fangame scene, this will definitely go on a list for future video ideas. :nifty:

Honestly, it's felt like forever since I've gotten to dig into some real-ass leaks and discuss theories and speculation, and this giga-leak for a game I like that happened the other night?

This?
This is what I've been missing.
For real, man, Smash speculation's appeal died for me last year. Without anything interesting like credible leaks, goof ups, or even just Sakurai interviews, it's so dang boring because of Nintendo's patented "Say absolutely nothing about anything until the absolute last second" mentality. IDK how the Newcomer Thread even keeps itself going.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
this is the 3rd TMNT movie in development, followed by Seth Rogen TMNT and the Rise movie

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Unless Bob Iger comes back to help, Disney and Bob Chapek really need to get this resolved as soon as possible otherwise this is going to cause more harm than good.
I’ve also heard that Feige and Chapek don’t get along as well as Feige and Iger did. If this effects Feige at all negatively I’ll be pissed. Man has made Disney’s biggest money maker. It’s stars deserve a fair salary and a whole lot more respect than what Scarlett has gotten thus far.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Non Non Biyori Vacation
No Game No Life Zero
The Anthem of the Heart
K-On The Movie!

For me personaly it would be
1) Ghibli films ( yeah i know its cheating to make it its own thing but I love a lot of the movies)
2) promare
3) Mugen Train

Also I pick No Game No Life Zero
also Saga of Tanya the Evil has a movie?

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Paper Mario 64 huh? In some ways, I liked it more than TTYD, like the level desigm, but it also reeks of dated at other points such as annoying fetch quests and the some partner mechanics. It needs a remake imo.

I think TTYD outdoes it in battles and TTYD, Super, and Origami King outdo it in terms of characters.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I’m bored. So far i’m almost done with the unfun slog that is Shantae 1, so hopefully the following games can hook me. But man I really wish something would happen. An announcement of anything. At least Street Fighter is tomorrow.

I wonder when they’re finally gonna reveal the rest of the Nick All-Stars Brawl cast. And when i’m finally gonna be able to pre-order the digital version. And when i’m finally gonna be able to be properly hyped for it without that hype being ruined by memes making fun of it and me.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Funny that I was thinking about MvC2 yesterday and then Max puts out a video starting a campaign to #FreeMvC2

Thanks, Max!

Also, super stoked for Venom: Let There Be Carnage. I said it before, I don’t think Venom is a good movie but I love Venom and I love Tom Hardy so of course I love the movie. It’s a guilty pleasure of mine.

MooMew64

He’ll reincarnate into someone who doesn’t much care for Pikmin.
The birth of Barlo.

The green, grouchy monster who thinks Pikmin is meh and Kirby is an underrated gem of a franchise that gets too little love. He also isn't that big into Metroid, but loves the new direction Paper Mario's been taking: Huge improvement over the old formula, really.

Noipoi

Howdy!
The birth of Barlo.

The green, grouchy monster who thinks Pikmin is meh and Kirby is an underrated gem of a franchise that gets too little love. He also isn't that big into Metroid, but loves the new direction Paper Mario's been taking: Huge improvement over the old formula, really.
He’ll watch the videos from his past life and think “this guy’s a ****in moron.”

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
D

Deleted member

I don’t know what it is about it, but putting up our “please, no more riders before close” sign is soooooo satisfying, especially after a long and tedious day at work :yoshi:

Last edited by a moderator:

MooMew64

Do not emulate! It is a fedaral crime and I will be calling the United States Military to oblitorate your ass. Pay $100000000 for Persona 2 like a real man or pay the price
Money that doesn't even go towards the developers or publishers, which is the extra cherry on top of the situation, lol.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Y’see Jimbo, I turn on this motion capture doodad. And run my voice through this vocal watchamacallit, and I sound just like a Japanese teenage girl!
I’m fairly certain Jimmy designed that tech for his dad without him noticing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom