• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You can really tell the writers were having fun with it the whole time.

How far you're in?
I just beat Chapter 26, so I'm over halfway through.

A lot of these franchises, I'm already well acquainted with like Resident Evil, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Tales of, Tekken, etc.

But there are some cool ones I hadn't really tried before.

Resonance of Fate seems rad. I've been meaning to get into Virtua Fighter. The Endless Frontier duo have some great style. KOS-MOS makes me laugh.

Always the fun part of a crossover, there's always new things to try.

In particular, I already own the Valkyria Chronicles Remake and Virtua Fighter 5 due to this (well, it was free with PS Plus), and I want to buy Resonance of Fate on Steam when I get the chance and apparently there's a .hack collection, which I did not know about until just now.

But like, how the hell am I gonna play Xenosaga, Endless Frontier, Sakura Wars and Shining Force EXA? I can't find any of them on Steam. I'd rather not emulate games I don't already own. (Though since I got a new PC, I need to find a way to get those roms back.)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Man, Project X Zone is a trip.
Both games are really great crossovers. I would love to see sonic characters, persona ones, billy Hatcher and more Nintendo characters in a third game if we got one. Which I hope and think could happen.

They do a great job at characterizing everyone. I ha ent played xenosaga or yakuza and didn’t play much Tekken, but their characters were some of my favorites in these games. Also the dot hack cast, they seem pretty cool.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Both games are really great crossovers. I would love to see sonic characters, persona ones, billy Hatcher and more Nintendo characters in a third game if we got one. Which I hope and think could happen.
I don't think Sonic or Billy Hatcher characters could work.

These games really seem to try and focus on humanoid characters. It's a "serious anime game with no room for cartoons."

osby

Smash Obsessed

These games really seem to try and focus on humanoid characters. It's a "serious anime game with no room for cartoons."
I don't think you can call the character choices serious when it includes Ulala or Segata Sanshiro.

I think a more glaring issue would be heavy art style clash. Also more cartoony characters usually come from series with low age ratings and may not fit well into a game with a lot of T-rated elements.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

This is true but it still be fun to see them branch out. Arthur has that sort of silly art style choice in the games. We even have Phoenix Wright as a support in the second one despite not really fitting in. There’s actually a few jokes about that to. Yeah there’s a explanation for why he’s here but still, the games not against using odd logic at times to justify inclusions.

dezeray112

Smash Hero

They do a great job at characterizing everyone. I ha ent played xenosaga or yakuza and didn’t play much Tekken, but their characters were some of my favorites in these games. Also the dot hack cast, they seem pretty cool.
I've played and completed both Project X Zone games and I still thoroughly enjoyed it. Hopefully they will do a third eventually.

Reactions: Z25

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The cycle.

I was too cool for cartoons when I was a kid. I convinced myself they were stupid because I wanted to seem mature.

Which is really stupid in hindsight when I still played Pokemon and Kirby.
I know I’m a dumbass for not noticing this, but
My guess is that it's a natural consequence of the push for more strong/developed female characters and more LGBT+ representation having a lot of overlap these days.

As LGBT+ representation gets more normalized we might see more gender balance.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So today I realised my shopkeeper is actually more insane than I thought. The guy who introduced to me a few things is actually a whack-job of low IQ. Argued with him over a few things so me deciding enough I asked a good few questions, yes or no:

Are you anti-vax?
"No."

Do you believe in Flat Earth?
"No"

Do you think global warming is a hoax?
"Yes"

Do you think the EU is a dictatorship?
"Yes" and then 10 minute rant.

Do you think the Moon Landings were faked?
"Yes" and then 10 minute rant.

1627824439171.png

I'm done talking to this guy once and for all. I'm so done. Never going back to that shop ever again.

He's an idiot.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Today is the first time in over a year I'm going to work for this special event. This and tomorrow.

Wish me all luck y'all.

D

Deleted member

Man, I feel like **** today. So much stuff has happened and I don’t know how to process it. :drsad:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Man, I feel like **** today. So much stuff has happened and I don’t know how to process it. :drsad:
If you can, make sure to have a moment for yourself to process all those thoughts & emotions you have.

Make sure to let peoples you know IRL and/or care about you too so that they can be here for ya.

Hope it help.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Currently been binge-watching and searching up Nile crocodiles as well as grizzly bears. Such awesome creatures. Crocodiles especially being my favorite animal.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I was too cool for cartoons when I was a kid. I convinced myself they were stupid because I wanted to seem mature.

Which is really stupid in hindsight when I still played Pokemon and Kirby.
My guess is that it's a natural consequence of the push for more strong/developed female characters and more LGBT+ representation having a lot of overlap these days.

As LGBT+ representation gets more normalized we might see more gender balance.
The real answer is Lesbian Fetishism And the fact that men are scared of men loving other men

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You know the cool thing about spinosaurus?

It was basically the grizzly bear of the Mesozoic in terms of lifestyle using its size to intimidate predators from their kills to steal and waiting on river banks for fish just like how a grizzly would for passing salmon.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
What men need to do is get over their fear of gay men in put them in more cartoons rather than just focusing on women. And women need to do the same thing, stop focusing on the lesbian women and focus more on the game men who have no representation at all

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Random: Last week, we tried a fun activity in my (Turkish) language class. We challenged each other to form the longest possible complete sentence... by using only one word.

It was pretty fun. afaik, it's not something you can pull off in most other languages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom