• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
"Well this is some *ed up *! Imma piece out!"

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Imagine an All-Stars Brawl King Julian reveal trailer and they use something like this for it.

Would immediately become better than any Smash reveal ever.
What's really interesting is that despite most licensed cartoon games having made up soundtracks, this series worked with what they could do.
So not only did they get an I Like To Move It remix, but it also had a Danny Phantom theme remix, 2 Fanboy and Chum Chum remixes, a Spongebob remix, a MightyB remix, and somehow got a Back at the Barnyard remix that sounds suspiciously a lot like Cotton Eye Joe.

Then the 3rd game nerfed the soundtrack so hard because there's only 2 songs in the entire game.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Seeing my Split Pad Pro controller next to my Switch Pro Controller makes it look like I have a broken controller, lol.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Tbf, half of them was Tara Strong.

This isn't a joke, she voiced characters she never even played in the original series.
To be even more fair, Chowder and Mac’s VAs had aged out of their roles.
Well Shovel Knight has the fighting game down already.

Good lord I don’t know how to feel about the idea of Shantae and Shovel Knight at the Olympics
I love the idea. I think it would be hilarious.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Getting real sick of the staff's ** for banning him over the most trivial ** while actual reports of harassment get glossed over.

I don't blame a lot of the old-guard for jumping ship to the Discord group tbh, the staff here gets absurdly strict at times for no reason.
I suppose we gotta get used to obeying the law no matter the scenario…oof to losing our glue

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
There's no worse feeling in Unite than getting on a Ranked match, you check everyone's tags, and find out your entire squad that is somehow in Veteran are all noobs and your opponents team is fully decked out with experience and fully maxxed items. Some of these losses are unfair bull**** with stacked experience (or items) against each other. If you ask me, letting your teammates have no leveled up items but the opponent having them was a terrible idea and should've been set for Standard battle. Ranked should be a test of skill, not who paid to level up the items the fastest.

Put them all at 20 or none at 20.

149_seto_kaiba_point_head_brain.jpg

See Tencent? I just made your metagame flawless with some common sense. :nifty: now i just need some random employee to see this

D

Deleted member

It feels nice to finally have a somewhat viable deck for locals after all the other decks I piloted before Covid hit was janky garbage such as Darkfluid turbo(although, with all the new cyberse support, I could maybe make that work now? 🤔 )

One thing that really sucks about yugioh cards in particular is they get scratches on the actual cardboard so easily. I have so many foils that are just ruined because of it.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Aquaman - Black Manta
Banjo & Kazooie - Gruntilda
Batman - Joker
Captain America - Red Skull
Cloud - Sephiroth
Crash Bandicoot - Dr. Neo Cortex
Donkey Kong - King K. Rool
Fantastic Four - Doctor Doom
Flash - Reverse Flash
Gamera - Gyaos
Godzilla - King Ghidorah
Green Lantern - Sinestro
Guts - Griffith
Harry Potter - Lord Voldemort
Link - Ganondorf
Mario - Bowser
Mega Man - Dr. Wily
Mickey Mouse - Pete
Optimus Prime - Megatron
Popeye - Bluto
Samus - Ridley
Sonic - Dr. Eggman
Superman - Lex Luthor
TMNT - The Shredder
Wonder Woman - Cheetah

Don't mind me. Just listing as many arch-enemies of particular protagonists as possible. All I've thought of in one sitting without looking any up.

Godzilla and King Ghidorah have the best rivalry. It's dinosaur vs. dragon! How better can you get than that?

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Didn't invest enough time in 3, and 4 onward sucked ass
if only that wasn’t true
Aquaman - Black Manta
Batman - Joker
Cloud - Sephiroth
Flash - Reverse Flash
Gamera - Gyaos
Godzilla - King Ghidorah
Green Lantern - Sinestro
Guts - Griffith
Link - Ganondorf
Mario - Bowser
Mega Man - Dr. Wily
Mickey Mouse - Pete
Optimus Prime - Megatron
Popeye - Bluto
Samus - Ridley
Sonic - Dr. Eggman
Superman - Lex Luthor
TMNT - The Shredder
Wonder Woman - Cheetah

Don't mind me. Just listing as many arch-enemies of particular protagonists as possible. All I've thought of in one sitting without looking any up.

Godzilla and King Ghidorah have the best rivalry. It's dinosaur vs. dragon! How better can you get than that?
if you wanted to focus on only the IDW Turtles, you would’ve had to change Shredder with Baxter Stockman

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
if you wanted to focus on only the IDW Turtles, you would’ve had to change Shredder with Baxter Stockman
I mean that is one incarnation of the characters. Otherwise as a whole if we put all incarnations together, it's pretty much agreed that Shredder is their arch-nemesis.

Mirage comics, 1987 cartoon, the 90s movies, 2003 series, 2012, etc.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Aquaman - Black Manta
Batman - Joker
Cloud - Sephiroth
Flash - Reverse Flash
Gamera - Gyaos
Godzilla - King Ghidorah
Green Lantern - Sinestro
Guts - Griffith
Link - Ganondorf
Mario - Bowser
Mega Man - Dr. Wily
Mickey Mouse - Pete
Optimus Prime - Megatron
Popeye - Bluto
Samus - Ridley
Sonic - Dr. Eggman
Superman - Lex Luthor
TMNT - The Shredder
Wonder Woman - Cheetah

The lack of Spiderman vs. Venom in your non-referenced and unprepared in the moment brainstorming is disappointing to me...

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I just ranked all the Nickelodeon shows ever released up until 2020…if you look take offense at my opinions
B78DBCC9-70D8-42FD-A38F-7C0EF95D193E.jpeg
B8E35823-5E48-42AE-BD24-8013D1B5985F.jpeg
10769CBA-CDD5-4692-96AA-C6DE9386B757.jpeg
B53F0BD3-C1E5-4306-A59D-1CACA288B18C.jpeg
85F4341B-9A38-48BA-9FE6-41D7ABE41D88.jpeg
DONT KILL ME

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Hot Take?

BOTW Zelda is one of the worst Zeldas. She's legit boring as hell with no personality aside from "Being the Princess is haaaard. Hey Link, let's go bowling!"
Here's one. They should've dedicated 2, maybe 3 at the most, Memories to Zelda's feelings. Not all 12. Those should've been focused on Link's past since, you know, they're his to begin with :yoshi:

D

Deleted member

Hot Take?

BOTW Zelda is one of the worst Zeldas. She's legit boring as hell with no personality aside from "Being the Princess is haaaard. Hey Link, let's go bowling!"
For a game based so heavily on the lore, they really went out of their way to completely ignore and outright retcon half of it :yoshi:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom