• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

today's going to be a really weird shift, because I'm clocking in at 12:00 and my shift ends at 9:15.(I assume my shift is like this so I don't have to leave early because of labor laws.)

I do get to sleep in though, which is really nice when I've already ****ed up my sleep pretty badly.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Man, laws in Japan are pretty loose

I just happened to see this. I believe that’s an air soft gun. Gun laws in Japan are rigidly strict to the point that shotguns are the only gun that’s allowed and it costs as much as a mortgage if you consider license renewals and certifications. When I lived there, as a foreigner, I was not allowed to own one.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
I’m getting the good ending in FNAF 3, I beat all of the hidden mini games with the cake endings. All the children’s spirits (except the little girl possessing Golden Freddy) can finally rest.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've always liked the Sengoku games and anime. If ArcSystem games can bring this fighter back especially, then that would be fortunate for those like me. I rather stay with Guilty Gear XX AC R Plus, than Blazblue. I feel the same with staying with Melty Blood over Undernight.

I've preferred playing with Oichi at the time.

Last edited by a moderator:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Is she bad crying or good crying, I cant tell
Good crying.

She really loves retro games, and if you watch towards the end, she explains why it impacted her that way.

Basically, she was really touched that they thought of old Zelda fans with that product, that they still remember the people who grew up with it rather than constantly focus on always just trying to get new fans. It was a really shockingly wholesome take on it.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Some Smash fans complain about popular characters/genres just because they are not platformers.
Other fans get fed up and retaliate by making up an intentionally goofy platformer character name.
Name sticks, Scrimblo Bimblo turns into a nickname for platformer mascot characters.
Meme expands to other genres like JRPG McSwordguy.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Back when JRPG fans and Platformer fans were arguing with eachother on Twitter about Smash Bros., two phrases got coined and started being thrown around to mock each other:

Scrimblo Bimblo, to make fun of 90's platformer mascots.

JRPG McSwordGuy for anything that resembled anime and was an RPG.

It was all very stupid. Scrimblo Bimblo has stuck around, however, because admittedly it is a funny sounding name and (most) use it in irony of the very pointless fandom war that happened before Kazuya's reveal.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Man. I love Kazuya but like.... watching all of E3 just to get that.... it feels like a ripoff.

Like... where’s E3 part 2 or whatever? It feels like we went to a fancy resteraunt and paid for 5 whole courses but each one was like... a single bite of food that was all made of like... kale and quinoa.

Then for dessert you get one cupcake. And it’s like, the best cupcake you’ve ever eaten, but it doesn’t really sustain you.
I like how they immediately moved Kazuya out of the way, because this time Smash was just the appetizer. I don't mind that at all and still liked the Direct, we got Mario Party, Advanced Wars, Metroid. Freaking. Dread? What is this? 2005?
Even the Zelda stuff in the end was tame in comparison.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
You lucky americans with your air conditioning i just bought 2 electronic fans and a box to put water in to both cool me and my slightly damaged feet!
Oh boy its so hoooooooooooooot!

D

Deleted member

With the recent generic Winged Beast support(and the Flundereeze archetype) I decided to finally take at shot at building Simorgh again.

I don’t know if I want to go pure or splash Flundereeze into the deck(as they’re both Wind Winged Beast archetypes, both care about normal/tribute summoning, but at the same time, Flundereeze locks you to normal summoning and at that rate I should may as well be playing Monarchs) but damn it, I’m gonna try to make this the deck the best I can.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
To this day, these characters still aren't in Smash.
I hope Sakurai references this post in the presentation just to see people’s triggered reactions.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Would look at that.

For context, left one is the trailer, right one is treehouse footage.

It's mostly lighting change, but they did say the game still wasn't fully done, so hopefully, they can figure out everything before release.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
To this day, these characters still aren't in Smash.
I was just checking his other tweets and this caught my eye:
Such a cool thing for a Dev from a AAA studio to do.

dezeray112

Smash Hero

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom