• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Correction here.

He would never smack a baby, so taking candy is still on the table for good ole Akuma.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
This is what I would do for future content updates to SoulCalibur 6 if I were given control of it. Note: most of the popular and liked characters in the series have been included already. There are a few left, but most of the OCs left in the franchise are the disliked cast of 5. Because of this I decided to REALLY lean in on the series history of including guest characters to be the major hype generators of each pass, though there are still plenty of Soulcalibur originals both old and new among my list. I also wanted to give it enough characters to equal Tekken 7 (as of now anyway, it might get a season 5).
Night Terror: The final form of Nightmare and Inferno, used as the final boss in Soulcalibur 3, will be gifted to all current and future players, alongside a revamping of arcade mode to include rival fights and character endings. He uses a mix of moves from Siegfried, Nightmare, and Inferno, as well as new moves thanks to his enhanced dark magic and wings.
  • Aeon Calcos/Lizardman: A new moveset created for this fan favorite monster, taking cues from his SoulCalibur V appearance (though without the wings) and with his single axe and Sheild from his Soulcalibur 3 days. Has alternate skins for both his human and Lizardman forms
  • The next two characters would be revealed together, and are both guest characters. Both Cloud Strife AND Sephiroth from the much acclaimed Final Fantasy VII join the Soulcalibur roster, alongside a new Midgar themed stage. Taking some cues from Dissidia and Smash for their movesets
  • Rock: The White Giant returns! Wanting revenge on Cervantes for murdering his parents, causing the events that lead to him living in the New World among the Apache. Weilds a large Stone Morningstar
  • Alucard: The some of Dracula from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night draws his blade in Soulcalibur! It’s just such an obvious connection to make imo. I went back and forth on Alucard of Simon, but in the end I went with Alucard due to his shear popularity
  • Long ago in a distant land, Aku, shapeshifting master of darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil! But a foolish samurai warrior weilding a magic sword, stepped forth to oppose him! Before the final blow was struck, I tore open a portal, and flung him into the future, where is evil is law! Now the fool seams to return to the past and undo the future that is AKU! Gotta get back, back to the past, Samurai Jack x SoulCalibur VI.
  • Genji: The popular cybernetic ninja from Overwatch makes his debut, as he has before with pretty much every Soulcalibur guest wishlist since overwatch came out. I can’t say I know enough about him to think of a moveset for him though.
  • Necrid: One of the few choices for this roster I made almost exclusively for me. I friggin love Necrid and his design and wish he would come back dearly. Though his moveset is now entirely unique, rather then hodgepodged from other characters, using his shapeshifting Maleficus weapon to its full extent.
  • Lord Geo Dampierre: The traveling noble con-man from Broken Destinies complete with his recognizable comical fighting style and childish demeanor.
  • Spyro the Dragon: Another one that’s just entirely for me. Specifically his “The Legend of Spyro” counterpart. All of his elemental magical attacks would make up a good fighting game moveset, from mele attacks like the Ice Tail and Boulder Roll to the speedy Comet Dash, to projectiles like the fire breath and electric orb. Plus, it’s a game themed around knights and demons and medieval fantasy, a dragon fits perfectly! (Also bring back Elijah Wood as the voice please!)
  • Elysium: Nightmare is to Soul Edge as Elysium is to its good counterpart Soul Calibur. While in her previous appearance (Soulcalibur V) she simply copied the moves of female characters, here she gets a new moveset using the blade. And there will also be a large mystery in the plot surrounding her host, as she needs one like nightmare. With several missing female NPCs (and Amy) potentially being her.
  • Avatar Aang: Another perfect fit as far as I see it. And his bending styles, martial arts, and staff would make for a very good moveset. Especially since his primary element (Air) was not possessed by Spyro (his Arcade Mode rival). It could be grown up Aang or young Aang. Whichever.
  • Monster Hunter: Obvious choice. More obvious choice would have been Dante but there will be time enough for that in future games. All I can say about them here is they are specifically a hunter from Monster Hunter Rise, using weapons and armor from that game.
  • Viola: Amy Sorel’s amnesiac and magical counterpart from Soulcalibur V (and the only character from that game to get close to the top 20 even in the official SoulCalibur popularity poll). Fights with her magical orb and Journeys alongside Z.W.E.I.
  • Z.W.E.I.: now instead of a member of Schwarzwind, he is portrayed as a member of Azwel’s organization (as Amy’s existing story heavily implies Azwel is responsible for her transformation into Viola). Has set out with Viola to find both Soul Edge and Soul Calibur.
  • New character: A Goblin King original character. I’m particularly inspired by the one from the live action “The Hobbit” adaptation. Old and fat but super strong and dangerous while also being an over the top and theatrical presence who knows how to command a crowd.
  • Undyne: The fish like leader of the Royal Guard from the underground would of Undertale (which would also get a stage representing it). It makes sense. She’s a monster who fights primarily with a weapon and wouldn’t look any more out of place in Soulcalibur than 2B does. Plus it would be a massive hype generator for a lot of people.
  • Roranoa Zoro: The ex pirate hunter and swordsman of the Straw Hat Pirates from One Piece with three swords (one in each hand and one in his mouth). His moveset would be great fun in a game like SoulCalibur, and he has been rumored for inclusion in 6 since it’s launch. Perfect fit, and another hype machine.
  • Player Character (Elden Ring): Just seams like a good cross promotion, if the game ever comes out. The theming fits, and it’s even being published by Namco Bandai. If it never does, then replace this with someone from Dark Souls (Artorias, Solaire, Gwyn, or even the Chosen Undead).
  • Athel: Before we get started, this character reveal is sponsored by Raid: Shadow Legends! Download for free on the App Store today! Click the link in the description to receive 500 gold and a free bonus champion! In all seriousness, I chose Athel, the Sacred Order starter Champion, from Raid: Shadow Legends after seeing Samurai Shodown incorporate a character from Honor of Kings. Plus for the memes. Athel is just the one I picked based on looks and descriptions of some of her attacks. But it could be any of the four starter champions.
  • Algol: The most powerful character in Soulcalibur history, with the soul exception of Night Terror. In game he wields both blades for a devastatingly powerful move-set.
  • Bangoo: Rock’s traveling companion and young ward, and an Apache native. I can’t say much of how he would play, because I would want to work with actual Apache native Americans to craft a moveset and costume that is both period accurate and accurate to their real traditions and customs, the same way Killer Instinct handled its Native American characters. Might even give him a different real name and Rock just calls him Bangoo because he can’t remember or pronounce it.
  • Sultan Barbaros: the super strong armored sultan and faux main antagonist from Soulcalibur Legends. Fights with large steel gauntlets.
  • Gandalf the White: The white wizard from The Lord of the Rings, dual wielding his staff and his sword. LotR is another pitch perfect pick for Soulcalibur, and Gandalf would have a rather unique moveset as a wizard first and foremost. You may think it’s a little late for a character as hype as Gandalf, but I tell you. Gandalf is never late. He arrived exactly as he intends to.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
This is what I would do for future content updates to SoulCalibur 6 if I were given control of it. Note: most of the popular and liked characters in the series have been included already. There are a few left, but most of the OCs left in the franchise are the disliked cast of 5. Because of this I decided to REALLY lean in on the series history of including guest characters to be the major hype generators of each pass, though there are still plenty of Soulcalibur originals both old and new among my list. I also wanted to give it enough characters to equal Tekken 7 (as of now anyway, it might get a season 5).
Night Terror: The final form of Nightmare and Inferno, used as the final boss in Soulcalibur 3, will be gifted to all current and future players, alongside a revamping of arcade mode to include rival fights and character endings. He uses a mix of moves from Siegfried, Nightmare, and Inferno, as well as new moves thanks to his enhanced dark magic and wings.
  • Aeon Calcos/Lizardman: A new moveset created for this fan favorite monster, taking cues from his SoulCalibur V appearance (though without the wings) and with his single axe and Sheild from his Soulcalibur 3 days. Has alternate skins for both his human and Lizardman forms
  • The next two characters would be revealed together, and are both guest characters. Both Cloud Strife AND Sephiroth from the much acclaimed Final Fantasy VII join the Soulcalibur roster, alongside a new Midgar themed stage. Taking some cues from Dissidia and Smash for their movesets
  • Rock: The White Giant returns! Wanting revenge on Cervantes for murdering his parents, causing the events that lead to him living in the New World among the Apache. Weilds a large Stone Morningstar
  • Alucard: The some of Dracula from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night draws his blade in Soulcalibur! It’s just such an obvious connection to make imo. I went back and forth on Alucard of Simon, but in the end I went with Alucard due to his shear popularity
  • Long ago in a distant land, Aku, shapeshifting master of darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil! But a foolish samurai warrior weilding a magic sword, stepped forth to oppose him! Before the final blow was struck, I tore open a portal, and flung him into the future, where is evil is law! Now the fool seams to return to the past and undo the future that is AKU! Gotta get back, back to the past, Samurai Jack x SoulCalibur VI.
  • Genji: The popular cybernetic ninja from Overwatch makes his debut, as he has before with pretty much every Soulcalibur guest wishlist since overwatch came out. I can’t say I know enough about him to think of a moveset for him though.
  • Necrid: One of the few choices for this roster I made almost exclusively for me. I friggin love Necrid and his design and wish he would come back dearly. Though his moveset is now entirely unique, rather then hodgepodged from other characters, using his shapeshifting Maleficus weapon to its full extent.
  • Lord Geo Dampierre: The traveling noble con-man from Broken Destinies complete with his recognizable comical fighting style and childish demeanor.
  • Spyro the Dragon: Another one that’s just entirely for me. Specifically his “The Legend of Spyro” counterpart. All of his elemental magical attacks would make up a good fighting game moveset, from mele attacks like the Ice Tail and Boulder Roll to the speedy Comet Dash, to projectiles like the fire breath and electric orb. Plus, it’s a game themed around knights and demons and medieval fantasy, a dragon fits perfectly! (Also bring back Elijah Wood as the voice please!)
  • Elysium: Nightmare is to Soul Edge as Elysium is to its good counterpart Soul Calibur. While in her previous appearance (Soulcalibur V) she simply copied the moves of female characters, here she gets a new moveset using the blade. And there will also be a large mystery in the plot surrounding her host, as she needs one like nightmare. With several missing female NPCs (and Amy) potentially being her.
  • Avatar Aang: Another perfect fit as far as I see it. And his bending styles, martial arts, and staff would make for a very good moveset. Especially since his primary element (Air) was not possessed by Spyro (his Arcade Mode rival). It could be grown up Aang or young Aang. Whichever.
  • Monster Hunter: Obvious choice. More obvious choice would have been Dante but there will be time enough for that in future games. All I can say about them here is they are specifically a hunter from Monster Hunter Rise, using weapons and armor from that game.
  • Viola: Amy Sorel’s amnesiac and magical counterpart from Soulcalibur V (and the only character from that game to get close to the top 20 even in the official SoulCalibur popularity poll). Fights with her magical orb and Journeys alongside Z.W.E.I.
  • Z.W.E.I.: now instead of a member of Schwarzwind, he is portrayed as a member of Azwel’s organization (as Amy’s existing story heavily implies Azwel is responsible for her transformation into Viola). Has set out with Viola to find both Soul Edge and Soul Calibur.
  • New character: A Goblin King original character. I’m particularly inspired by the one from the live action “The Hobbit” adaptation. Old and fat but super strong and dangerous while also being an over the top and theatrical presence who knows how to command a crowd.
  • Undyne: The fish like leader of the Royal Guard from the underground would of Undertale (which would also get a stage representing it). It makes sense. She’s a monster who fights primarily with a weapon and wouldn’t look any more out of place in Soulcalibur than 2B does. Plus it would be a massive hype generator for a lot of people.
  • Roranoa Zoro: The ex pirate hunter and swordsman of the Straw Hat Pirates from One Piece with three swords (one in each hand and one in his mouth). His moveset would be great fun in a game like SoulCalibur, and he has been rumored for inclusion in 6 since it’s launch. Perfect fit, and another hype machine.
  • Player Character (Elden Ring): Just seams like a good cross promotion, if the game ever comes out. The theming fits, and it’s even being published by Namco Bandai. If it never does, then replace this with someone from Dark Souls (Artorias, Solaire, Gwyn, or even the Chosen Undead).
  • Athel: Before we get started, this character reveal is sponsored by Raid: Shadow Legends! Download for free on the App Store today! Click the link in the description to receive 500 gold and a free bonus champion! In all seriousness, I chose Athel, the Sacred Order starter Champion, from Raid: Shadow Legends after seeing Samurai Shodown incorporate a character from Honor of Kings. Plus for the memes. Athel is just the one I picked based on looks and descriptions of some of her attacks. But it could be any of the four starter champions.
  • Algol: The most powerful character in Soulcalibur history, with the soul exception of Night Terror. In game he wields both blades for a devastatingly powerful move-set.
  • Bangoo: Rock’s traveling companion and young ward, and an Apache native. I can’t say much of how he would play, because I would want to work with actual Apache native Americans to craft a moveset and costume that is both period accurate and accurate to their real traditions and customs, the same way Killer Instinct handled its Native American characters. Might even give him a different real name and Rock just calls him Bangoo because he can’t remember or pronounce it.
  • Sultan Barbaros: the super strong armored sultan and faux main antagonist from Soulcalibur Legends. Fights with large steel gauntlets.
  • Gandalf the White: The white wizard from The Lord of the Rings, dual wielding his staff and his sword. LotR is another pitch perfect pick for Soulcalibur, and Gandalf would have a rather unique moveset as a wizard first and foremost. You may think it’s a little late for a character as hype as Gandalf, but I tell you. Gandalf is never late. He arrived exactly as he intends to.
Some pretty cool choices in there.

I like Cloud/Sephiroth, Avatar Aang, Zoro, and Monster Hunter as guests.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I really hope I didn’t spend all that time typing all that text on my phone just for nobody to read it.
Sorry, I don't know much about Soul Calibur. I did a little research and wow, they did Barbarossa dirty.

As for your additions, they do feel kinda overly ambitious but I liked some of them like Gandalf and Zoro. It'd pretty funny to see them in the same fighting game.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Sorry, I don't know much about Soul Calibur. I did a little research and wow, they did Barbarossa dirty.

As for your additions, they do feel kinda overly ambitious but I liked some of them like Gandalf and Zoro. It'd pretty funny to see them in the same fighting game.
Eh. The ambition is kind of a part of the whole project. Trying to get Soulcalibur up into a household name in a similar manor to Street Fighter, Tekken, and Mortal Kombat. In a way that it is currently not. Gotta spend money to make money, you know? Though it do agree that it is a lot.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Eh. The ambition is kind of a part of the whole project. Trying to get Soulcalibur up into a household name in a similar manor to Street Fighter, Tekken, and Mortal Kombat. In a way that it is currently not. Gotta spend money to make money, you know? Though it do agree that it is a lot.
I guess. I don't think doing big crossovers alone makes you a big-name series, though. If that was the case, Dead by Daylight would be bigger than Resident Evil.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
After going through two forgettable films (Spiral and Awake) of this year. Finally gotten around to watching one I found entertaining which was Infinite.

Overall not a great movie by any means but still thought it was good.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I guess. I don't think doing big crossovers alone makes you a big-name series, though. If that was the case, Dead by Daylight would be bigger than Resident Evil.
Fair point though. It’s more so that the game is good, people just don’t know about it. So the guests would draw people in.

Noipoi

Howdy!
As someone who has no idea who Mr. Bucket is, this is really funny to me with no context.
It’s an old toy. It’s a bucket with a face that shoots plastic balls out of its mouth, and you have to grab the balls and place them back in the bucket.

One of the lines in the commercial is this
"Balls come out of my mouth" - an actual line frim the commercial
So of course anyone older than 6 found it hilarious.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
It’s an old toy. It’s a bucket with a face that shoots plastic balls out of its mouth, and you have to grab the balls and place them back in the bucket.

One of the lines in the commercial is this

So of course anyone older than 6 found it hilarious.
Mr. Bucket is a chad, holy ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom