• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
You know what would have been cool? You know that ongoing Scooby-Doo Team Up comics? The ones that teamed Mystery Inc up with other Hannah Barbera characters as well as various DC ones? Would have rocked if DC teamed up with IDW to do an issue of the series where Mystery Inc teamed up with the Ghostbusters. Ideally the ones from The Real Ghostbusters, which I think would work better crossing over with the Doo Gang then the film versions.
...Yeah why hasnt this been a thing yet?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ok. The next Death Battle is Steven Universe vs Star Butterfly. Finally we’re getting interesting matchups again!
...Yeah why hasnt this been a thing yet?
Probably would be if Sony wasn’t currently being stingy with the rights to Ghostbusters. They’ve actually pulled basically every licensing deal not being used to directly promote afterlife to maximize the profits made by the film (don’t ask me how that works economically but that’s what’s clearly been happening considering the IDW books have been pulled from digital stores).

Hopefully they get sorted out and we can get Scooby-Doo/The Real Ghostbusters, Constantine/Ghostbusters, Ghostbusters/Beetlejuice, and a continuation to idw’s ongoing series.

Although... now that I think about it, a crossover with The Real Ghostbusters would not be too far fetched an idea for one of those direct to dvd Scooby-Doo movies. Most of the voice cast is still alive after all and Maurice LaMarche does a great Lorenzo Music impression.

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Having peach , daisy, rosalina and Peach in a roster this small is weird atleast in smash Daisy is an echo if they really want another Girl Toadette would be alot more unique and we still dont get any rpg Characters its always the same boring chars in mario spinoffs!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I forgot we were getting a Scooby-Doo and Courage crossover. Surprised it hadn't ever been done until now as Warner Bros. owns both Hanna-Barbara and Cartoon Network and their similar premises and themes.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Does it really look that bad? Or are people just mad Nintendo is promoting it?
It's more to do with:

EA clearly paid Nintendo to dedicate a decent amount of time to this game in the last Direct, and that leaves a bit of a sour taste. Other, bigger games wish they could have had the air time that this game had.

Hell Crash 4 didn't get any airtime iirc

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
It’s a joke from Jimmy Neutron! Please tell me you’re messing with me!
Eating your hat isn’t a joke from jimmy neutron it’s a saying in life.

I was joking about the two sayings used for when something is impossible those two being I’ll eat my hat if this happens and when pigs fly that’ll happen
If that’s not what your confused about then I’m the one who’s reasonably confounded

And now that my joke has been explained fully it can finally be hilarious to evereyone as that’s how explaining jokes work.and of course my joke about explaining jokes is a nod to the infamous rule of jokes losing humor when explained. You may now laugh at my 4rth wall natured humor about humor

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
No idea who that is. I’m just more so tired of the marvel domination that has been going on.... wow for most of my life. Ever since the start of the X-Men films and then after iron man kickstarted the MCU. Marvel has been the big name in superheroes and I’m just kind of tired of them and their influence on superhero culture. Right now I think the only thing that could get me to care about something marvel is if it did a crossover with DC. I don’t even think I’d care about a new MvC even right now.
that’s the benefit in having more than Marvel and even DC. Since they don’t influence every single aspect of the superhero game, we get even more alternatives to those 2. Got yo Ninja Turtles, yo The Boys, Invincible, Larry-Boy, so on so forth. The benefits of starting from the bottom
Lol at that like/dislike ratio and disabled comments.

they just hatin cause it’s about to be GOTY
I still find it funny Nintendo has published a Marvel game and a DC game on the Switch.
even the biggest superhero companies wanna be in the Nintendo family

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I want to believe we'll get a Pokémon Presents before E3 happens.

We've been left in the dark on Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl for a long time now and TPC isn't the biggest fans of E3.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Ok. The next Death Battle is Steven Universe vs Star Butterfly. Finally we’re getting interesting matchups again!
I don't know much about Star, but I think Steven has the advantage (especially after Future). Super strength, super speed, almost instant healing, plant manipulation, pseudo-mind control, he's a swiss army knife of powers.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I want to believe we'll get a Pokémon Presents before E3 happens.

We've been left in the dark on Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl for a long time now and TPC isn't the biggest fans of E3.
TPC would much rather drop news via a children's magazine exclusively in Japan, which is the objectively best way to inform your global audience of what's new with your game. :yeahboi:

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
Aside from being vaccinated against COVID (until the booster arrives whenever), there's one thing that I'm stoked for: Catwoman Sombra.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It was really funny on International Women's Day to see Nintendo tweet an ad for DC Superhero Girls saying how awesome Wonder Woman was while completely ignoring their own female characters like Peach/Zelda/Samus/etc.
well Wonder Woman does make Peach look useless tbf

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It's more to do with:

EA clearly paid Nintendo to dedicate a decent amount of time to this game in the last Direct, and that leaves a bit of a sour taste. Other, bigger games wish they could have had the air time that this game had.

Hell Crash 4 didn't get any airtime iirc
Why does everyone think EA payed Nintendo for that game to be in the direct? Does nobody else remember that Nintendo is PUBLISHING it? It’s not even being developed by EA. It’s being developed by Toybox Games.
I don't know much about Star, but I think Steven has the advantage (especially after Future). Super strength, super speed, almost instant healing, plant manipulation, pseudo-mind control, he's a swiss army knife of powers.
Yeah. The only thing I know about Star is I think she merged together two universes in the finale. But I don’t know if she did that or if she had some artifact to do it or a temporary power boost or something.

D

Deleted member

Never forget the Origami King livestream that promoted a brand new game by Wayforward, and it was the bargain bin Bakugan game.

And then like 90% of the viewers left the stream and the like to dislike ratio went south fast.
It sucks, because Bakugan was my childhood, and I hate seeing the series end up like this. Especially on the TCG side. The game just doesn't feel the same anymore when you draw cards from a deck instead of tactically using your 6 cards and rolling your Bakugan.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It was really funny on International Women's Day to see Nintendo tweet an ad for DC Superhero Girls saying how awesome Wonder Woman was while completely ignoring their own female characters like Peach/Zelda/Samus/etc.
While that is lame they ignored their own girls, Nintendo is publishing the game. They have a right to promote it.

Shroob

Sup?
Why does everyone think EA payed Nintendo for that game to be in the direct? Does nobody else remember that Nintendo is PUBLISHING it? It’s not even being developed by EA. It’s being developed by Toybox Games.
I mean

Looks at WWE Smackdown getting Direct airtime
Looks at the Bakugan Direct

It's not hard to see that Nintendo is very willing to give people who pay a good chunk of screentime.

D

Deleted member

I haven't touched Star in a long while, but honestly yeah, I feel Steven has the edge.

Star relies so much on her magic wand to do just about anything that if she loses it, she can't do much of anything(this was a pretty important detail during one season iirc where Star temporally lost her wand for an extended period of time.) Steven has all of that just built into him, and more.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I mean

It's not hard to see that Nintendo is very willing to give people who pay a good chunk of screentime.
*WWE 2K Battlegrounds...
...but my pettiness aside, Nintendo was blessed to get some of that special WWE/FOX money
you've heard of a pegasus, now get ready fo-
pegamongus for censorship purposes
no, no, no, stop, stop, stop, STOP, STOp
how dare you

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
Aside from being vaccinated against COVID (until the booster arrives whenever), there's one thing that I'm stoked for: Catwoman Sombra.
Oh and Poison Ivy Moira. With Zatanna Symmetra, Catwoman Sombra and Poison Ivy Moira, please Blizzard (with permission from DC Comics, of course), make a Joker skin for Junkrat, it just makes too much sense.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So apparently me and my brother's voice over for Havoc Fox (An indie game on Steam) got an article in the school yearbook. There’s quite a bit of assumptions and misinformation, but I guess that’s to be expected, being written by students and all. Also I never consented to it. I don't mind, just wish they asked me first, haha.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean

I mean fair. But like... again. Nintendo is PUBLISHING this game. Why are people just ignoring that fact and acting like nintendo was just paid to show it off.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I believe no one got my post on the last page. Should I get a new or a used car? Why?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
How to Give a Snake a Heart Attack Part 1:
8B1F0720-AF8C-43AB-933F-73C913749214.jpeg

Having peach , daisy, rosalina and Pauline in a roster this small is weird atleast in smash Daisy is an echo if they really want another Girl Toadette would be alot more unique and we still dont get any rpg Characters its always the same boring chars in mario spinoffs!
I mean I like Toadette and I’d like to see her in but saying a literal pink Toad with pigtails more unique than Pauline feels a bit silly to me.
Also same boring characters...
-Pauline’s third playable appearance after her resurgence in Odyssey
-King Bob-omb’s second playable appearance after MKT
-Chargin’ Chuck’s first playable appearance period

Come on dude.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm working on giving the Pokémon found only in the 1997 Gold/Silver prototype the Generation 8 treatment as if they were never scrapped (abilities, base stats, egg groups, catch rate, etc.)

I'm right now struggling what direction I should take on the abilities of these Pokémon. Should I treat the Pokémon in the generation...

They were originally planned to release (gen 2)- Available abilities up to generation 3 with hidden ability up to generation 5

or...

The generation the prototype leaked in (gen 7)- Available abilities and hidden ability up to generation 7?

What would you say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom