• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
They should make a Japanese RPG where an anime boy travels through warner brothers films with Daffy and Porky at his side and Daffy would be a ****ty healer.
Honestly this would be better than Kingdom Hearts character-wise for me. :slime: my favorite world is the mortal kombat one

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
We'll call it

Settlement Pulmonary Muscle
Nah. Empire Soul. Since the concept sounds soooo much like a fan fiction already.
Bugs needs to be missing, dresses in all white and wields a giant hammer for breaking down the walled tombs.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
They should make a Japanese RPG where an anime boy travels through warner brothers films with Daffy and Porky at his side and Daffy would be a ****ty healer.
I don’t know why (especially because I’ve floated similar ideas in the past) but you describing it this way just made me dislike kingdom hearts a little bit. Like, the toons can’t stand on their own, we gotta have an anime character with a SWORD to make it a successful video game. And the game has to be mostly about this original anime crap instead of the cartoon characters.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
You know, while we're on the topic of Warner Bros. video games.

Scooby-Doo game in the style of Ace Attorney.
That might be fun. I know there is a really good point and click scooby doo game on the genesis. wish they would make another one like that.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So you mean like

There's no need to beat around the bushes. It's okay to say Pepe Le Pew's name.
Pepe’s fine. Lots of people seem to forget. In those shorts, he’s the ANTAGONIST. Like... even as a kid I was always rooting for Penelope.

But Pepe Le Pew is not hewhoshallnotbenamed. And frankly, I’m kind of sick of the whole gag.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I don’t know why (especially because I’ve floated similar ideas in the past) but you describing it this way just made me dislike kingdom hearts a little bit. Like, the toons can’t stand on their own, we gotta have an anime character with a SWORD to make it a successful video game. And the game has to be mostly about this original anime crap instead of the cartoon characters.
That was Disneys own idea, Square wanted Donald as the protagonist lol

Honestly this would be better than Kingdom Hearts character-wise for me. :slime: my favorite world is the mortal kombat one
I know right? I was more a Warner kid growing up than a Disney one lol

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Pepe’s fine. Lots of people seem to forget. In those shorts, he’s the ANTAGONIST. Like... even as a kid I was always rooting for Penelope.

But Pepe Le Pew is not hewhoshallnotbenamed. And frankly, I’m kind of sick of the whole gag.
Ah yes, since we're talking about Warner Bros., you obviously mean--

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I actually had a dream about an Animaniacs Game a few nights before the reboot aired. It was a 3D collectathon similar to Mario Odyssey where you had the choice to play as Yakko, Wakko or Dot. There was also unlockable outfits for all of them.

There was nothing else special about that dream, but I do think that style of game would suit the Animaniacs really well.

It's reverse psychology. The more you complain about Big Chungus, the more it makes us want to post him.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I actually had a dream about an Animaniacs Game a few nights before the reboot aired. It was a 3D collectathon similar to Mario Odyssey where you had the choice to play as Yakko, Wakko or Dot. There was also unlockable outfits for all of them.

There was nothing else special about that dream, but I do think that style of game would suit the Animaniacs really well.

It's reverse psychology. The more you complain about Big Chungus, the more it makes us want to post him.
isnt there already an animaniacs game? I thought they made one on the gamecube.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
The original 2 games were much more in tune with the Original Disney X Final Fantasy idea. I love KH from the little I’ve played but yeah they tried to hard with their original story when they could’ve done something really special by merging the two worlds.

Unfortunately KHIII basically got rid of the original concept, until Re:Mind I think, and I feel it’s worse for it.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I find it really funny how Sneakylink and Ramen were made mods at the same time, yet Ramen does all the lifting while Sneaky just sits in the corner and exists.
Trust me, Sneaky has actually been a pretty big help. He's just been more reserved when it comes to his actions
He doesn't either AFAIK.
I actually finnaly got it earlier this year

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
The original 2 games were much more in tune with the Original Disney X Final Fantasy idea. I love KH from the little I’ve played but yeah they tried to hard with their original story when they could’ve done something really special by merging the two worlds.

Unfortunately KHIII basically got rid of the original concept, until Re:Mind I think, and I feel it’s worse for it.
I feel like you forgot Chain of Memories with this.

That was the game that made Cloud eligible for Smash bros

drag0nscythe

Smash Master

The great thing about Kingdom Hears 1 was that it was a mash of both Disney and Final Fantasy in a way that felt "mostly" natural. The stories in each world all were unique and fit with heartless coming into ones world and messing things up. It also helped that Disney was mostly on the forefront while FF were good Easter eggs. KH2 dropped the ball in my mind. while a good game to play, the fact that we were recycling movie plots with Sora and friends watching was just meh. And then they took the original mash up of FF and Disney and made it cliff notes of Disney movies and Advent children being awkwardly crammed in.

Then they made the rest and messed up the entire story.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I don’t know. I barely even like Disney Toons to begin with.... I think I’m just in a mood right now.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yamcha is a sports celebrity who has forever immortalized himself as the best baseball player who ever lived.
Yamcha also has a hit classic about cat food

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
The great thing about Kingdom Hears 1 was that it was a mash of both Disney and Final Fantasy in a way that felt "mostly" natural. The stories in each world all were unique and fit with heartless coming into ones world and messing things up. It also helped that Disney was mostly on the forefront while FF were good Easter eggs. KH2 dropped the ball in my mind. while a good game to play, the fact that we were recycling movie plots with Sora and friends watching was just meh. And then they took the original mash up of FF and Disney and made it cliff notes of Disney movies and Advent children being awkwardly crammed in.

Then they made the rest and messed up the entire story.
And then they made 358 days,

That game was a disaster in name and gameplay, but the story was pretty good. The entire reason people love Roxas as a character.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
And then they made 358 days,

That game was a disaster in name and gameplay, but the story was pretty good. The entire reason people love Roxas as a character.
I had bailed on the series at that point. I do respect (even if it is kind of slimy) that they have released almost every game in the series as collections (or movies). I am ok with Sora making it into smash. Even if he brings some disney with him. But only KH disney.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
KH started off as a game inspired by Super Mario 64 using Disney characters but Sakaguchi said the game would be **** unless Nomura developed the story.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
And then Tetsuya Nomura came in and was like ANIME SWORDFIGHTER

People are gonna keep having fun at my expense with this aren’t they. I refuse to even type the cretain’s name.
Snake, that was not at your expense. If anything, it was at my expense, like a Zucker Bros. gag.

Look, I get it. It can be quite frustrating to see a meme get so popular it overshadows the original property you care about in the first place. And personally, it didn't take long for me to get tired of Big Chungus real quick. But you don't have to be so dramatic about it :yoshi:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Do you main Min Min?

Because I'll be upset if you don't
Yes, yes I do. She honestly clicked with me pretty quickly.

My secondary is Ninjara, with Spring Man, Max Brass, and Byte and Barq getting a lot of playtime as well
What's your favorite ARMS combo?
I've recently been really into using the Triblast (Ninjara's explosive, three missle one) on pretty much all characters. And apparently, it's actually a heavily recommend ARM for Min Min in particular so that's a cool bonus.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Snake, that was not at your expense. If anything, it was at my expense, like a Zucker Bros. gag.

Look, I get it. It can be quite frustrating to see a meme get so popular it overshadows the original property you care about in the first place. And personally, it didn't take long for me to get tired of Big Chungus real quick. But you don't have to be so dramatic about it :yoshi:
Like I said. I think I’m just in a mood right now. I don’t know why. But it just feels like my balloon has been popped.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So stop me if you heard this one, but a Square employee and a Disney employee were on an elevator, and the Square employee says...
What I find funny is that they didn't actually get the necessary permission from that meeting. Square had been making the game for some time until they found out they had to see someone else to get the greenlight.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Playing through these Super Robot Wars games really makes me wish more crossover games tried to have so many franchises connected in a story like this.

Imagine is Smash characters or Kingdom hearts characters had the character relationships of Robot wars characters.

The Mazinger pilots and the Getter team being old war buddies,
Lelouch feeling a connection to Ange from CrossAnge because of their similar backgrounds as royalty who were kicked out of their home countries,
Spike Spiegel going after Captain Harlock for the biggest bounty in the universe.
Wataru from Mashin hero being a Mazinger fanboy.

The closest thing Kingdom hearts gets to this is Mickey, Donald and Goofy's friendship with the Final fantasy gang in KH1 and 2. Smash bros doesnt have anything like this outside of Subspace emmisary.
I wish other crossovers had **** like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom