• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean I guess you don’t need to since those don’t technically count as Golden Age based on this.
Yeah.... I just... am I a hypocrite for including characters like Lola Bunny, Darkwing Duck, Roger Rabbit, and the Warner Bros then? Cause they were created later but are either part of existing golden age franchises (the Disney Toon Universe and the Looney Tunes) or were heavely inspired by and/or tributes to it. Like... am I being unfair?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Yeah.... I just... am I a hypocrite for including characters like Lola Bunny, Darkwing Duck, Roger Rabbit, and the Warner Bros then? Cause they were created later but are either part of existing golden age franchises (the Disney Toon Universe and the Looney Tunes) or were heavely inspired by and/or tributes to it. Like... am I being unfair?
Sounds fine to me, it still counts.

D

Deleted member

One of these days, I’m actually gonna play the Miitopia demo instead of just ****ing around with the mii editor :4pacman:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
You know what would be a nice surprise at E3? A new Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle game. Get some good sprite art that resembles the old shorts (kind of like cuphead) with a nice gameplay loop and you've got a quaint little $25 game.
Neat. There's just one problem though...

Their developer went the Konami direction years ago :yoshi:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
You know what would be a nice surprise at E3? A new Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle game. Get some good sprite art that resembles the old shorts (kind of like cuphead) with a nice gameplay loop and you've got a quaint little $25 game.
But what brand would it be? Crazy castle had different IP's as the hero.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
1. People want to see people of their own color represent characters of their own color. That's not hard to see, nor is it racist at all.
2. I'm asking because most people who say this tend to be people who have no jurisdiction on determining on what small thing racist or not.

For example, the artist who got pissy over nonblack Knuckles that you brought up was a white woman who wanted to act on black people's behalf. She has no jurisdiction to say that making Knuckles white was racist, nor does any white person for that matter because they don't have any right what is or isn't black.

That's why I asked because I don't like when people do stuff like that. It sits wrong with me.
You have not actually given a stance. So I am not sure where you are arguing and I do not want to assume anything. I will say I think it does not matter. the best voice for the part.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
You have not actually given a stance. So I am not sure where you are arguing and I do not want to assume anything. I will say I think it does not matter. the best voice for the part.
Ok, my stance is that people wanting to see people of their color representing characters of their color is not racist at all, and it makes sense given the lack of diversity of workplaces like the voice acting industry.

You say best voice for the job, sure, but you still have discriminatory practices that exclude marginalized communities from getting that job even if their voice is perfect for that character. Thus, there's a big push for diversity in the workplace as well as breaking down discriminatory barriers, as well as having better representation in media.

That's my stance.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I love how synonymous Ramen has become with moderating this thread lately that nobody ever mentions poor NSG and SneakyLink.

They all do a great job.
I remember getting a warning from SneakyLink and it caught me off guard because 99% of my infractions came from FighterZ Roster aka TenGoku

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom