• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
A Dragon Ball Kart Double Dash could work
We could have:
Goku and Vegeta
Yamcha and Krillin
Tien and Chiatzou
Bulma and ChiChi
17 and 18
Buu and Mr. Satan
Goten and Trunks
Gohan and Future Trunks
Great Saiyaman and Videl
Frieza and Ginyu
Cell and Cell Jr.
Kid and Super Buu
Beerus and Whis
Roshi and Launch
Cale and Kaulifa
Vegito and Gogeta
Goku Black and Zamasu

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
i am making it my mission in life to destroy miitopia

i almost have the whole first village casted

and since i can't steal miis from online atm without it being of actual characters i wanna try to make myself, the first village is mostly ocs

hoooooooo boy :140:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
A Dragon Ball Kart Double Dash could work
We could have:
Goku and Vegeta
Yamcha and Krillin
Tien and Chiatzou
Bulma and ChiChi
17 and 18
Buu and Mr. Satan
Goten and Trunks
Gohan and Future Trunks
Great Saiyaman and Videl
Frieza and Ginyu
Cell and Cell Jr.
Kid and Super Buu
Beerus and Whis
Roshi and Launch
Cale and Kaulifa
Vegito and Gogeta
Goku Black and Zamasu
does Krillin REALLY have to be paired with...Yamcha

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
does Krillin REALLY have to be paired with...Yamcha
I mean, I think Goku and Krillin would make the most sense givem their history, but then Vegeta would have nobody to be paired with because him and Yamcha would make no sense.

Edit, wait, Vegeta could go with Nappa.

Or Nappa could go with a Saibaman

But then who would Yamcha go with? Puar? Paur should go with Oolong.

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I mean, I think Goku and Krillin would make the most sense givem their history, but then Vegeta would have nobody to be paired with because him and Yamcha would make no sense.

Krillin could also go with 18 and then you could put Yamcha with Puar ig cause idk who else to put Yamcha with

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Krillin could also go with 18 and then you could put Yamcha with Puar ig cause idk who else to put Yamcha with
just have Yamcha ride with his dignity...oh wait

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Then I guess 17 could go with 16 in that case and Yamcha could go with Puar, becaus other only other thing I could think of is Yamcha with Tien, and Chiatzou with Master Shen, but Chiatzou is always with Tien no matter what.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
1. It is not
2. Are you a racial minority?
1. That means nothing. More explanation other then acting like your comment is fact does not help.
2. Not white. But i am surprised it would even matter in the discussion what race the participants of the conversation are.

I'm of two minds about it. On one hand there are plenty of good examples of VAs doing characters not of their race (Samurai Jack is a great example, but also Samuel L Jackson as Gin Rummy in Boondocks.) but at the same time I feel like, at least in some cases, it's more appropriate for the VA to match the character. Apu drew ire because it's a white man doing a very stereotypical indian accent whilst playing a stereotypical indian character. There's nothing inherently offensive about Apu imo; he's portrayed very positively. But I do think a lot of his stereotypes and whatnot would be more appropriate with an actual indian person voicing him.
Ok. But we have proof of it working well. With jack. Just recently they redid bosco in sam and max, and new bosco just did not work. Voice did not match the character.

Are we trying to equate the animated characters to races, as if they were actors? I could see that a little. But then, no jack if that rule is inforced perfectly. I mean. I saw recently people getting up in arms about knuckles and how he is supposed to be voiced by a black person. It is an echnidna.

But. Thinking about it. I can see some of the reasoning. If you write a story about an asian, getting an asian actor, animated or live does make sense.

I did read while looking around that there was a hoopla of people being mad others were writing stories about other races. Mainly a white dude writing a stort story about an asian lady. Are people getting mad about that? Or is all that hyperbole?

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
1. That means nothing. More explanation other then acting like your comment is fact does not help.
2. Not white. But i am surprised it would even matter in the discussion what race the participants of the conversation are.
1. People want to see people of their own color represent characters of their own color. That's not hard to see, nor is it racist at all.
2. I'm asking because most people who say this tend to be people who have no jurisdiction on determining on what small thing racist or not.

For example, the artist who got pissy over nonblack Knuckles that you brought up was a white woman who wanted to act on black people's behalf. She has no jurisdiction to say that making Knuckles white was racist, nor does any white person for that matter because they don't have any right what is or isn't black.

That's why I asked because I don't like when people do stuff like that. It sits wrong with me.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Dragon Ball Z ain't my thing so here is an unrelated post:
-----------------------------------

Don't whether I should feel proud of myself having spent the day playing Mass Effect 1 and actually trudging through it's admittedly aged combat system or I should be annoyed at myself that I have not done much story work the past week...........

Both. I should feel both.

Why haven't I done more story work?

Edit: Never mind. I'm going to sleep. Been a slow news day and social media with IRL. That's what happens when you are near the end of a pandemic and have bored.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Don't whether I should feel proud of myself having spent the day playing Mass Effect 1 and actually trudging through it's admittedly aged combat system or I should be annoyed at myself that I have not done much story work the past week...........

I wouldn't force yourself to do story work if you're not feeling up to it at the moment. Strike when inspiration really hits you and you can give it the utmost passion and effort.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Edit: Never mind. I'm going to sleep. Been a slow news day and social media with IRL. That's what happens when you are near the end of a pandemic and have bored.
I’ll be around tomorrow if you want to discuss creative stuff, planning to put my nose to the grindstone soon

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I’ll be around tomorrow if you want to discuss creative stuff, planning to put my nose to the grindstone soon
I'll do that in the late afternoon (mid-day to you) if you want to do some close cooperation on them tomorrow. My family's going to be out so I might with the quiet. Did add a sentence to my fight scene a few days ago that I'll post on Discord.

Regardless I will be 100% back into the grind when libraries (I can get some daily quiet) and museums (I can finally do some research) open in a week, can't wait.

And don't put your nose to grindstones. That's dangerous. I know expression but joke.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I'll do that in the late afternoon (mid-day to you) if you want to do some close cooperation on them tomorrow. My family's going to be out so I might with the quiet. Did add a sentence to my fight scene a few days ago that I'll post on Discord.

Regardless I will be 100% back into the grind when libraries (I can get some daily quiet) and museums (I can finally do some research) open in a week, can't wait.

And don't put your nose to grindstones. That's dangerous. I know expression but joke.
I’ll see what I can do tonight. I’d like to have something to show beforehand even if it’s small

Also if my nose is anything like my mom’s, it should be fine.

Tamagoth3

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
TAMA#536
just met the least sick falcon in the history of mankind on slippi. Dude frame-perfect ragequit before I won.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I like how the main characters of the original Gundam, Mazinger Z and Getter Robo series (The first three franchises to get representation in Robot wars, basically this series equivalent to Smash's original 12) are written like old war buddies when they meet in Super Robot wars T.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom