• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

duxx

Smash Ace
started a new run of fire red on my "game boy advance." which starter should i pick, and does anyone have name suggestions for said starter? (im aware that bulbasaur is "the best choice", however that doesnt rly matter to me for the mainstream games)

Noipoi

Howdy!
started a new run of fire red on my "game boy advance." which starter should i pick, and does anyone have name suggestions for said starter? (im aware that bulbasaur is "the best choice", however that doesnt rly matter to me for the mainstream games)
Pick Charmander.

Be a normie.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Sometimes, I ask myself the title of this song here...

If I was better off alone...

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I say Squirtle. Not a fan of nicknames myself, but I guess Shelly?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I guess I am better off alone. Not trying to start something, but I don't see how friends can help me. Not depressed, or anything, as I still wish to live, but I am beginning to think as if the idea of friendship is not strong enough for, well, everything.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So I finished Land of the Lustrous and as expected of an anime based off a manga it ended abruptly.

Aw damn.

What to watch next? I could binge another 12 episode anime before Mass Effect comes out tomorrow night.

Just a penguin

Smash Master
I don’t know the context. But she appears to be asking for peace. Which is a good thing.
I think it's that she's not recognizing the disparity between the genocide the Israeli government is committing to the Palestinians and the terrorism done by Palestinian terrorist organizations.
Instead, she's just saying the bare minimum "violence on both sides is bad", which is both obvious, and doesn't really change anything.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I guess I am better off alone. Not trying to start something, but I don't see how friends can help me. Not depressed, or anything, as I still wish to live, but I am beginning to think as if the idea of friendship is not strong enough for, well, everything.
I was about to launch into this huge, chocolate covered friendship speech. But I got stuff to do.

Point is, friends are really cool.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I was about to launch into this huge, chocolate covered friendship speech. But I got stuff to do.

Point is, friends are really cool.
I might have misspoke on something, but friendship is not without conflict sometimes. Is friendship really enough to change the world?

Just a penguin

Smash Master
I might have misspoke on something, but friendship is not without conflict sometimes. Is friendship really enough to change the world?
Friendship makes life better for you and your friends. Conflict can often be quickly resolved, because the whole deal with friendship is that you like being in each other's presence. Of course friendship can't instantly perfect the world, but that doesn't mean it's not worth trying.

Noipoi

Howdy!
What is this a My Little Pony episode?

Yes friendship has conflict, life has conflict. It’s unavoidable. But if you’ve got true friends, the good vastly outweighs the bad. And I dunno where you’ve been but friendship has had a significant impact of many parts of history.

Now stop asking me philosophical questions about human nature and let me think about monkeys.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
So I finished Land of the Lustrous and as expected of an anime based off a manga it ended abruptly.

Aw damn.

What to watch next? I could binge another 12 episode anime before Mass Effect comes out tomorrow night.
Watch either Panty and Stocking or FLCL if you're in the mood for something a little "WTF". Both are on the short side.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Friendship makes life better for you and your friends. Conflict can often be quickly resolved, because the whole deal with friendship is that you like being in each other's presence. Of course friendship can't instantly perfect the world, but that doesn't mean it's not worth trying.
I just feel that some people don't think hate and ignorance, or whatever the opposite of friendship is, is just as big, and it does hinder people getting along.

I may sound pessimistic, but I just want the world to change for the better, even though I realize it can't happen instantly, but I honestly don't see it happening. I don't think friendship by itself will do the job.

Last edited:

Just a penguin

Smash Master
I just feel that some people don't think hate and ignorance, or whatever the opposite of friendship is, is just as big, and it does hinder people getting along.

I may sound pessimistic, but I just want the world to change for the better, even though I realize it can't happen instantly, but I honestly don't see it happening. I don't think friendship by itself will do the job.
I guess I'm not sure what you mean by friendship by itself can't do the job - do you mean the world can't get better at all (if so, then I'd like to direct you to life expectancy and gdp over time), or do you mean that friendship itself can't make the world better (in which case, I guess, but friendship does make everyone involved in a better situation)? Or do you mean that you think friendships themselves can't work or aren't worth the trouble?

Sorry, I'm just really confused here.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
What is this a My Little Pony episode?

Yes friendship has conflict, life has conflict. It’s unavoidable. But if you’ve got true friends, the good vastly outweighs the bad. And I dunno where you’ve been but friendship has had a significant impact of many parts of history.

Now stop asking me philosophical questions about human nature and let me think about monkeys.
Monke Power

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I guess I'm not sure what you mean by friendship by itself can't do the job - do you mean the world can't get better at all (if so, then I'd like to direct you to life expectancy and gdp over time), or do you mean that friendship itself can't make the world better (in which case, I guess, but friendship does make everyone involved in a better situation)? Or do you mean that you think friendships themselves can't work or aren't worth the trouble?

Sorry, I'm just really confused here.
Friendships can work. I just don't think it will change the world enough over time to make things better before the eventual event where we might destroy ourselves in some way, all with hate and ignorance seemingly balancing friendship out, and love.

Perhaps I shouldn't worry too much about this, but I care that much about the world

Just a penguin

Smash Master
Friendships can work. I just don't think it will change the world enough over time to make things better before the eventual event where we might destroy ourselves in some way, all with hate and ignorance seemingly balancing friendship out, and love.

Perhaps I shouldn't worry too much about this, but I care that much about the world
I understand where you're coming from. I'm also scared about the consequences of a whole bunch of different global circumstances. But even through intangible concepts like friendship aren't able to save the world, more tangible ones like activism can make the world better.

We are not doomed - in real life there is no apocalypse, only things getting worse. And we can work to prevent things from getting worse, and we can work to repair what has worsened.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I understand where you're coming from. I'm also scared about the consequences of a whole bunch of different global circumstances. But even through intangible concepts like friendship aren't able to save the world, more tangible ones like activism can make the world better.

We are not doomed - in real life there is no apocalypse, only things getting worse. And we can work to prevent things from getting worse, and we can work to repair what has worsened.
I guess if you say so. :)

If you want, you can continue this through PM. As upset I am, or was, I don't want to bring any more doom and gloom to this thread.

Dutch Raikuna

Watch either Panty and Stocking or FLCL if you're in the mood for something a little "WTF". Both are on the short side.
Gonna have to go to Crunchyroll for this one and FLCL is on Crunchy.

So looking at my options for short and on Crunchy:

Anohana - A class in how to be emotionally destroyed
Keep Your Hands Off Eizoken! - Group of artistic misfits
FLCL - What the ****?
Teasing Master Takagi - The teasing anime B.N: Before Nagotoro
Oda Cinnamon Nobunaga - Reincarnated Japanese warlords as cute dogs.

Uhhhhhhhh.

Feels like sometimes I'm reaching the end of my interest in anime.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Based on what?
Based on this lil guy.
disorder-in-the-court.jpg

Teasing Master Takagi - The teasing anime B.N: Before Nagotoro
Hop on the Nagatoro train.

It starts off really cursed but its wholesome moments are pretty well done and only get better later on. Also the facial expressions for Nagatoro are godlike.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Based on this lil guy.

Hop on the Nagatoro train.

It starts off really cursed but its wholesome moments are pretty well done and only get better later on. Also the facial expressions for Nagatoro are godlike.

Those are beautiful...........but I'll wait until after the season is over to watch it. Already have four seasonals I'm enjoying.

I did say I was going to jump to Crunchyroll for my next anime but then I found a nice short anime from one of my favourite studios:

1620851637850.png

Another one from Kyoto Animation. 12 Episodes, slice of life with a bit of fantasy so its right in a nice "keeping different" choice.

Then I will go mecha I think.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Selfish gene. Humans are programmed to protect ones self and interests. People are inherently selfish. combine that with the eons of survival of the fittest and we have a species that survives on crushing everything else in its path. Now take that one terrible person and multiple it by 10 billion people and you have a disaster. I hope space travel does not work because someone like musk making into space would be a disaster. same reason why I am against stopping aging. humans suck to much to live forever.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Those are beautiful...........but I'll wait until after the season is over to watch it. Already have four seasonals I'm enjoying.

I did say I was going to jump to Crunchyroll for my next anime but then I found a nice short anime from one of my favourite studios:

View attachment 314907

Another one from Kyoto Animation. 12 Episodes, slice of life with a bit of fantasy so its right in a nice "keeping different" choice.

Then I will go mecha I think.
Incredibly Based, I love this show. If you like this one add K-ON to your watch list. Very similar in vibe and even has the same artists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom