• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Is it bad it took me 3 times to beat the first level of Mario Sunshine?

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I've had a lot of good childhood memories from this system..... what are y'all favorite games on the 3DS. Mine are OOT 3D, Majora's Mask 3D, Pokemon X and Y, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Kirby Triple Deluxe, Bravely Default, and Fire Emblem Awakening.

Don’t mind me, just bumping this onto the thread.
Now is a good time to share a tribute I drew like a year ago.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur casually had a sneak peak show off
ABD7C1BC-E91E-4929-AA16-98CC0B2BA45C.jpeg
and in relation to devils...

D

Deleted member

Doesn’t he need a fruit or something to gain that? Meanwhile Sonic has access to his speed naturally. Not to mention Sonic has taken down gods even in his normal form (Perfect Chaos in Generations)
Luffy ate the Gomu Gomu no Mi as a kid, which like all Devil Fruits, gives you a special power at the cost of not being ability to swim(more specifically, you lose strength while in the water)

It’s not something where you have to always have the fruit on hand to use it, once you eat it, the power is yours and yours alone until you die, when the devil fruit returns to circulation by transforming a nearby fruit into a copy of itself. Luffy’s clever use of of his now rubber body(Gear second for speed, Gear 3rd for raw power, and Gear 4th is a few forms that combine the two) and his new found power to see into the future and I’d say it would be a tough fight for Sonic.

Although it pains me to admit Sonic would probably still win. It just wouldn’t be as much of a curbstomp as it initially seems.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I've had a lot of good childhood memories from this system..... what are y'all favorite games on the 3DS. Mine are OOT 3D, Majora's Mask 3D, Pokemon X and Y, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Kirby Triple Deluxe, Bravely Default, and Fire Emblem Awakening.

Too many.
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call
Project X Zone 1 and 2
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D
Fire Emblem all of the 3DS games.
Playing Earthbound for the first time.

A great little machine.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I missed some pokemon talk earlier and I just want to throw in my two cents on Sw/Sh's difficulty - they're games that would have had some somewhat difficult moments if not for how stupidly easy it is to overlevel in them. I've played through the games trying to stay as underleveled as possible, dodging every optional trainer battle along the way, and I actually ran into a few difficult gym fights.

Let's look at Nessa's drednaw for instance. Nessa is the second gym in the game and she has a pokemon with swift swim, 75 bp stab and the ability to set rain for itself through dyanamax. This thing can totally sweep teams that aren't prepared for it, but most people probably aren't going to see what a beast that thing really is because you're probably going to get overleveled just by stumbling into trainer battles on the way there.

The solution would simply be to bump up Drednaw's level so it's higher then what most people's teams would probably be at that point. That's where the difficulty of most gym leaders come from - they don't have full teams but instead one overleveled pokemon that can curb stomp people who don't have an answer to it. But if all your pokemon are the same level as it...well even if it has strong moves for that point in the game, it's still going to lose battle of attrition.

Anyway permanent Exp Share was a mistake and clearly something they forced last second. Excluding the Wild Area / Raid candies, the game is balanced much more like traditional pokemon game one you remove the Exp.Share from the equation.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Doesn’t Oracle of Ages/Seasons have very few invincibility frames that result in you taking way more damage than you should? What I heard at least.
no not really its just that seasons has a lot of hard enemys because its based on the triforce of power

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
"really feel the suck"

Now that's a spicy memes right here, from the State of Play.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
In that case, does Ages focus on really tricky puzzles? I’ve never played the Oracle games.
yes but the overworld is more Balanced and of course outside the first seasons dungeon every dungeon has Puzzels and Fights but for example the ages enemys are a bit easier but its still balanced

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
In that case, does Ages focus on really tricky puzzles? I’ve never played the Oracle games.
I think the idea is that Seasons focuses on combat while Ages focuses on puzzles.

I wouldn't say the puzzles in Ages are really tricky though I guess their difficulty will depend on the player. They certainly aren't obtuse like some of the previous titles.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I think the idea is that Seasons focuses on combat while Ages focuses on puzzles.

I wouldn't say the puzzles in Ages are really tricky though I guess their difficulty will depend on the player. They certainly aren't obtuse like some of the previous titles.
i also think Ages focuses a bit more on Story/lore

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
OK. For a potential "Persona 5 Arena" concept, I have selected 14 playable characters from Persona 5, and Persona 3. I just need one more to reach that total for Persona 5... but I appear to be out of options (and that's counting Sho and Labrys as "Persona 4" characters because they debuted in "Persona 4 Arena" too). And ideas?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
FINALLY, WE HAVE FOUND ACTUAL GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE OF SECURITY BREACH. (oh and, some other games looked pretty neat too)

Tho, it is me, or the framerate seem quite slow?

What do you think, Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! ?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I missed some pokemon talk earlier and I just want to throw in my two cents on Sw/Sh's difficulty - they're games that would have had some somewhat difficult moments if not for how stupidly easy it is to overlevel in them. I've played through the games trying to stay as underleveled as possible, dodging every optional trainer battle along the way, and I actually ran into a few difficult gym fights.

Let's look at Nessa's drednaw for instance. Nessa is the second gym in the game and she has a pokemon with swift swim, 75 bp stab and the ability to set rain for itself through dyanamax. This thing can totally sweep teams that aren't prepared for it, but most people probably aren't going to see what a beast that thing really is because you're probably going to get overleveled just by stumbling into trainer battles on the way there.

The solution would simply be to bump up Drednaw's level so it's higher then what most people's teams would probably be at that point. That's where the difficulty of most gym leaders come from - they don't have full teams but instead one overleveled pokemon that can curb stomp people who don't have an answer to it. But if all your pokemon are the same level as it...well even if it has strong moves for that point in the game, it's still going to lose battle of attrition.

Anyway permanent Exp Share was a mistake and clearly something they forced last second. Excluding the Wild Area / Raid candies, the game is balanced much more like traditional pokemon game one you remove the Exp.Share from the equation.
I 99% agree. My one disagreement is permanent EXP share, I think it's a good idea because grinding sucks ass no matter what, but they just didn't implement it correctly until Leon who ends up being over your level.

Like, if they bumped up the levels, it'll be fine, but such a small change wasn't put in the game.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Is Glamour Freddy still friendly? His eyes turned like the others', but the previous promotional stuff seemed to imply he was friendly...

We don't see him hunting Gregory down like we do the others...

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
FINALLY, WE HAVE FOUND ACTUAL GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE OF SECURITY BREACH. (oh and, some other games looked pretty neat too)

Tho, it is me, or the framerate seem quite slow?

What do you think, Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! ?
I think it looks quite good! Definitely glad the series is taking a strong step forward. And I wasn't noticing any framerate issues.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I think it looks quite good! Definitely glad the series is taking a strong step forward. And I wasn't noticing any framerate issues.
I definitly felt the framerate dips out during actual gameplay, buuut maybe it's just me being tired. It does look quite good tho.

Either way, I have to look more into it tomorrow. For now, gonna do stuff then bed time.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Well that State of Play was alright.

Outside of Deathloop and FFVII Remake news nothing really there.

Why is it that I feel hopefully when it comes to gaming after watching a Nintendo Direct but the complete opposite from PlayStation.

6/10 from me for interest.

Edit: My posts getting buried? I'll go f myself then.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

A Final Fantasy battle royale lmao

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Wait

IS THAT THE MAIN BAD GUY FROM DIRGE OF CERBERUS I JUST SAW IN YUFFIE TRAILER?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom