• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh ****, we got new Pokemon leaks (possibly)
So uh... apparently we're getting Sinnoh remakes AND a new Let's Go game.

This is a roller coaster
If this is true then we should have low expectations basically, two games that quickly can NOT be good for the quality of the two.
The Fans: "I hope they take their time with these games and don't rush a half assed title so we can get the best experience possible"

TPC/GF: "What? You want Sinnoh remakes AND new Let's Go this year?"

The Fans:
Your all forgetting something very important. There’s two teams at Gamefreak and they now work within Nintendo’s walls, meaning they probably allocated more workers from Nintendo to them because they know the extra push will print money.

The A team does main line games and helps with remakes.

B team does remakes mostly or add ins. Specifically they just did both DLCs. But they mainly get put on remake duty.

This means A team has beeen working on something the pat year or so alongside anyone else. Probably DP remakes. The B team would likely put on the second games duty as that’s their expertise to.

Also you all forget the last Pokémon direct literally had:
Lets go with nothing but plushes of gen two Pokémon around it. I would bet that let’s go johto has been long in development.

My biggest concern regarding Pokémon week is the possibility of TPC not announcing anything and rather spend the week with the celebrity collabs.

I personally could keep on living, but I would be sad for all my friends Who are Pokémon fans and expected anything.
We you don’t have to worry about that.
Pokémon always follows patterns of a presentation on the day of Pokémon day. With new games and whatever mercy they find important to show. That will surely happen here.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I just want to say the issue a lot of people have with Xenoblade 2 designs isn't just "fanservice bad". That's just the easiest surface level critism to point fingers at. It's how rediculous some of the costumes look. There's a reason people are always complaining about Rex's design as well even though he's not exactly running around shirtless or anything.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
ok so

first seconds or so of the AoT opening theme reminds me of the first bit of the Air Man song from Mega Man...I now know which song it was reminding me of

D

Deleted member

Somewhat late to the party, but with Next Level Games being first-party developer for Nintendo, I have the feeling their first task will be to give a hand to Retro Studios to speed up Prime 4's development.

They already have experience with the Prime series after all.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Somewhat late to the party, but with Next Level Games being first-party developer for Nintendo, I have the feeling their first task will be to give a hand to Retro Studios to speed up Prime 4's development.

Beware; bringing up their involvement with Prime may prove to bring up bad memories within hardcore Metroid fans (of which I am not a part of, since I've only played Fusion and Samus Returns, both very good games, BTW).

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
My biggest concern regarding Pokémon week is the possibility of TPC not announcing anything and rather spend the week with the celebrity collabs.

I personally could keep on living, but I would be sad for all my friends Who are Pokémon fans and expected anything.
I'd be surprised if that was the case. That said I'm keeping my expectations low, and also because I really want Game Freak to take their time for once. The last true "year off" they had was 2015 and I want to see that last for the following reasons:

More time to polish the next game
More time to work on non-Pokemon titles
I want to see how the Pokemon Journeys anime plays out. I like the formula breaking.
Don't make the Pokemon Adventures manga time crunch again. SwSh is looking to be a really good saga. Shield/Shirudomiria is hilarious and meme-worthy.
More returning spin offs like Snap.
Getting the remaining Pokemon back into the game.

Honestly my biggest hope would be having the remaining Pokemon get back into the game so I can look at the Living Dex challenge. My biggest hype moment would be them announcing something that would help pop the TCG bubble.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I'd be surprised if that was the case. That said I'm keeping my expectations low, and also because I really want Game Freak to take their time for once. The last true "year off" they had was 2015
Frankly, I'm feeling that they may call off the supposed Sinnoh remakes (assuming they exist at all) in order to focus on Gen 9. It's not looking likely, but honestly, methinks a few extra years of time dedicated to a single generation's worth of games would be better for the games, even if it would result in yet another legion of furious fans.

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108

Interesting theory, I never really considered it before

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Had some pretty fun matches against a Zelda player as Mewtwo earlier and it just occurred to me how similar the characters are. They're both glass canons with powerful, multi-purpose projectiles and strong bait an punish games. They also like to Nair at eachother.

Zelda has some advantages here like having a better reflector and being able to land some lightning kicks more easily but it's still a nice treat to run into online Zeldas who are actually good and don't just flowchart. Lots of people would still hate fighting good Zeldas online anyway, especially if they don't know how to deal with the bad ones but I play a little Zelda and know the counter play so I'm biased.
Came back from taking a walk to relax and such.

Took this picture of a black cat sitting in the middle of a lot of tall grass.
View attachment 304734
That's not a cat.

That's a wild Purrloin.

D

Deleted member

If I were ever to create a server, it'd probably just be for emotes.
The only server I ever seriously made was for our school(the rest are just places for testing/alt storage), and even then it’s practically dead now. The overlap between people that use discord and that also go to our school is pretty slim, especially when about 1/4 don’t have phones and we haven’t found a new way to get into the app store on our computers after the simple trick of signing into your personal account got patched.

One of our teachers tried making one himself right before covid hit but it turned into a meme fest and he quickly realized that wasn’t the smartest idea

Last edited by a moderator:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Oh, I guess I will watch that one too then.
Don't worry Alien fans forget about that film sometimes as well.

Truth be told the first two films are absolute classics, amoung my favourite movies of all time. The other two....well they exist. That said, enjoy them. Even the bad ones have their moments.

Another movie series that helped influence Metroid that I also suggest is The Thing. There's two films.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Don't worry Alien fans forget about that film sometimes as well.

Truth be told the first two films are absolute classics, amoung my favourite movies of all time. The other two....well they exist. That said, enjoy them. Even the bad ones have their moments.

Another movie series that helped influence Metroid that I also suggest is The Thing. There's two films.
Heard great things about The Thing too. Specifically about the original black & white version and the remake of It which released some decades ago.

Will have to check those out too then.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Pokemon Leaker Drops a Not-So-Subtle Tease About Next Game (comicbook.com)
On the topic of leaks....

It translates to
"They won't have to hold out until Pokémon Day on February 27 for the big news they've been waiting for.

See you next week."

Slightly older leak, but interesting stating it's coming from a source who has been right in the past.
While I'm not saying you're wrong, nor is that oeak wrong, just onow Centro peddled the idea of two Pokemon games, so like usual, take all leaks with a grain of salt.

Granted, that one is probably real

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
All stockpiled. Got mostly everything, a few things I'll grab as well in the early morning again but it'll be at a closer store.

After months too gonna finally get myself a haircut before lockdown occurs again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom