• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Leonardo and Sonic have different personalities and demeanors, just because they share one actor (technically two) doesn’t mean that applies to others. Ben Schwartz’s Leo is different compared to previous iterations as well. The only other Leo actor I could see fitting Sonic is Michael Sinterniklass
with Sonic seemingly getting older in these games, Sinterniklass seems more of a young Sonic type deal, like Ben is (well...not that young, but still). The Leo part is a bonus for me at the least, but it is a great example on how Sonic would sound with Seth under his voice. Can do serious and comical work, and is easily able to an unreasonable variety of personalities with his voice (probably thanks to Robot Chicken...so not you Chris Griffin).

Kinda reminds me of how people were quickly against RCS being Sonic at the beginning before even doing anything. Also only option I've seen so far has been Ryuji...but I think outside that box...so no for reals and yeets from Max Mittelman as a blue hedgehog of death

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Sakurai's favourite is up for KoF XV this week

Probably Vice or Mature next but I could see Kyo or Chizuru if they have him lead the Sacred Treasures

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4

You know how in TMNT/Batman 3 Krang made an amalgamated Batman and TMNT universe? What do you think that meant for like... the wider DC Universe. Like.... how did that effect that universe's Superman for example? How did THEY merge with? Just a curiosity, I know it wasn't in that story itself (at least I don't remember it being there).

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
When would people in the anime industry learn that no matter how hard you try you can't keep taking down OPs and EDs.

We get it, it's your IP but as long as there are fans people are still going to upload it. You are cutting the heads off the hydra, plus it's how people get into certain anime as well.

Same with music extensions for games. Nintendo slashed it, dragged it through the mud and bludgeoned the community a hundred times all because someone uploaded the Smash Ultimate OST a day early. It crept back up again over time.

Best thing to do is go back in time and learn foresight copyright ****lords.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Does anybody else find it weird that the DLC for Persona 5 strikers on the eshop mentions the PSP?
What is this a crossover episode?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4

You know how in TMNT/Batman 3 Krang made an amalgamated Batman and TMNT universe? What do you think that meant for like... the wider DC Universe. Like.... how did that effect that universe's Superman for example? How did THEY merge with? Just a curiosity, I know it wasn't in that story itself (at least I don't remember it being there).
they never said since the crossovers strictly stuck to Batman and TMNT...despite the fact that they had a universal and cosmic affect

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
with Sonic seemingly getting older in these games, Sinterniklass seems more of a young Sonic type deal, like Ben is (well...not that young, but still). The Leo part is a bonus for me at the least, but it is a great example on how Sonic would sound with Seth under his voice. Can do serious and comical work, and is easily able to an unreasonable variety of personalities with his voice (probably thanks to Robot Chicken...so not you Chris Griffin).

Kinda reminds me of how people were quickly against RCS being Sonic at the beginning before even doing anything. Also only option I've seen so far has been Ryuji...but I think outside that box...so no for reals and yeets from Max Mittelman as a blue hedgehog of death
I dunno, I’m very familiar with his vocal range but I cannot see Seth Green as a good fit for Sonic. I can’t picture him saying half the things Sonic would say and having it sound good.

My personal choice would be Nathan Sharp but I could also see choices like Sean Chiplock, Robbie Daymond or Yuri Lowenthal (a good chunk of Spider-Man actors actually), but it won’t matter since none of them work in Canadian productions

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Does anybody else find it weird that the DLC for Persona 5 strikers on the eshop mentions the PSP?
What is this a crossover episode?
The true crossover episode is Hades letting you log in to PlayStation Network to log in to Epic Games to download cloud saves.

Dutch Raikuna

Mwhahahaha!

I have achieved it! Record anime openings on my laptop for my own self-fulfilment via Crunchyroll! And it's not piracy if I'm not sharing as I have paid for it with my subscription! Tis a good night.

Also guys just asking but we more easy ways to upload gifs instead of just one or two sites. Just saying.

Let me have my moment of feeling like I beat YT at a game.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
But yeah, after that session, I think Inkling and Hero are my main two from now on. I'm definitely the best with those two.

Steve needs some work. Pokemon Trainer... I should use a bit more.
What are you talking about? We got plenty of ways to kill! Like Booyah, roller, and...Uh...We, uh...Um...G-got, uh...

Heck.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Thought it'd be interesting to go to the records and see who my most played characters online are.
2021020318544600-0E7DF678130F4F0FA2C88AE72B47AFDF.jpg

My goodness I don't play anyone except PT.

Also I'm surprised Zelda didn't even make top 8. I considered making her a secondary early in Ultimate's life but stopped playing her because everyone hated her and I felt bad.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Thought it'd be interesting to go to the records and see who my most played characters online are.
View attachment 301769

Also I'm surprised Zelda didn't even make top 8. I considered making her a secondary early in Ultimate's life but stopped playing her because everyone hated her and I felt bad.
I mean, early Ult I played Isabelle a lot and now I don't even think she's in my top 4, so it happens.

Mostly because she got frustrating as hell to use as people got better.

Dutch Raikuna

Yeah I'm gonna jump off and play Control and Red Dead 2 for a bit then bed.

Good night guys.

I'll share my weird alternative history thing tomorrow but via PMs plus there is a few more who I'm interested in reading my second story idea (again rough to hell). They can have a guess who they are...........if they know who they are. spooky space music plays

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 301769

Conversely, all the flack Zelda gets just makes me play as her more because I'm motivated by nothing if not spite.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I actually picked up Zelda fairly recently.

As much as I'd like to have more characters in Elite Smash, actually improving my skills with them is my top priority.

Having to deal with poor sportsmanship online puts a damper on it, though.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I used to main K. Rool and Daisy. I still have them as secondaries but now I main Banjo & Kazooie and Min Min. Both of them have kits that resonate well with me.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ok. Started Scott Pilgrim the game. Picked Ramona. Couldn’t get through one stage without loosing all my lives. I also noticed there don’t seem to be any heslth pickups. Am I missing something?

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
For Ult, my main now is Bayonetta. She's fun as heck with those flashy combos.

But, other games have my attention at the moment. I just get frustrated with the Ult online. I'm hoping the incoming new format to Nintendo's internet servers will help, but we'll see.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I still main Pit and Joker...no actual changes made towards my list of characters...not since Fyleth
I dunno, I’m very familiar with his vocal range but I cannot see Seth Green as a good fit for Sonic. I can’t picture him saying half the things Sonic would say and having it sound good.

My personal choice would be Nathan Sharp but I could also see choices like Sean Chiplock, Robbie Daymond or Yuri Lowenthal (a good chunk of Spider-Man actors actually), but it won’t matter since none of them work in Canadian productions
would that include Drake Bell Spider-Man? Robbie and Yuri are unexpected picks...all I can hear is Pancakes and Superiority for Robbie, while Yuri I sense Spider-Emblem plus Luka

Josh Keaton probably the closest to Sonic I could get from Spidey
Yeah. I know they never said. I’m talkin head cannon stuff or best guesses/theories. You know. Fun stuff.
theories eh...then Mikey pulled a Flash and ****ed the timeline

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
EtWiKHwVEAMqZgP.jpeg

As you can see, aside from my obvious main, my secondaries are pretty evened out on terms of how much I use em.

Byleth definitely gets the slight edge. Been playing them in particular a lot more lately. They were actually my main for a bit before Min Min happened.

Steve is still pretty fresh so he'll probably rise up on the ranks sooner or later.

I've really only used sonic to cheese the character unlock system when I first got Ultimate, so that explains his abnormally high playtime. Otherwise, Inkling would've been #8 easily with Chrom trailing closely behind.

And yes, Corrin's only #5, shocking I know.

Actually veterans in general I've tended to avoid for some reason. Idk, there's something about playing the new guys.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
View attachment 301772
As you can see, aside from my obvious main, my secondaries are pretty evened out on terms of how much I use em.

Byleth definitely gets the slight edge. Been playing them in particular a lot more lately. They were actually my main for a bit before Min Min happened.

Steve is still pretty fresh so he'll probably rise up on the ranks sooner or later.

I've really only used sonic to cheese the character unlock system when I first got Ultimate, so that explains his abnormally high playtime. Otherwise, Inkling would've been #8 easily with Chrom trailing closely behind.

And yes, Corrin's only #5, shocking I know.

Actually veterans in general I've tended to avoid for some reason. Idk, there's something about playing the new guys.
for a moment I thought that was how many games you played with each character...felt like you were psycho to have been able to do that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom