• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

osby osby Lamperouge Lamperouge Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna woah, Koch Media and Atlus are going hard with the marketing involving Persona 5 Strikers in Spain.

A lot of spanish channels (even the ones which are just of Gameplays and not reviews) I follow are getting early review copies of the game to showcase some of the elements of the game and some Gameplay (the longest I've seen so far is of around 35 minutes).

The biggest highlight I've seen so far is that just like Persona 5 Royal we are getting the Game with a spanish translation, and you can change between English and japanese voices if you want to.

Glad to see that Persona 5 Royal's localization got such well reception that they decided to dip in with another one for Strikers.

osby

Smash Obsessed
osby osby Lamperouge Lamperouge Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna woah, Koch Media and Atlus are going hard with the marketing involving Persona 5 Strikers in Spain.

A lot of spanish channels (even the ones which are just of Gameplays and not reviews) I follow are getting early review copies of the game to showcase some of the elements of the game and some Gameplay (the longest I've seen so far is of around 35 minutes).

The biggest highlight I've seen so far is that just like Persona 5 Royal we are getting the Game with a spanish translation, and you can change between English and japanese voices if you want to.

Glad to see that Persona 5 Royal's localization got such well reception that they decided to dip in with another one for Strikers.
That's pretty cool. Glad for you, man.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I'm curious as to why The Last Unicorn was given a "G" rating.

That film had more "PG" elements than most modern films!

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

Neat, it's in spanish.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So you guys know one of my takes and approaches if cryptids or mythical creatures were real animals based on the concept of Cryptozoologicon?

And the akhlut being among my ideas I came up with it being the sole surviving member of the archaeoceti aka "ancient whales? Well get a load of this I came across!

Exactly how I'd envision the akhlut if real!

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I'm curious as to why The Last Unicorn was given a "G" rating.

That film had more "PG" elements than most modern films!
It was released in a time when Airplane! was able to feature breasts directly in your face in a PG film.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I don't think "baby" is the right word to use, considering Link is able to swing around a sword, play a harp, and the box art depicts him as a young child, not a baby
View attachment 299385
He gets transformed in the video at around 20 seconds or so look closely at the Sprite

Believe me I know he is a Young Child during the rest of the game i played it as A even younger Child

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
It was released in a time when Airplane! was able to feature breasts directly in your face in a PG film.
But the Last Unicorn has the Tree Scene. It baffled me how this scene made it past the radar.
Was also pretty dark and full of sorrow, but I guess that’s what happens when Christopher Lee is the villain.

D

Deleted member

But the Last Unicorn has the Tree Scene. It baffled me how this scene made it past the radar.
Was also pretty dark and full of sorrow, but I guess that’s what happens when Christopher Lee is the villain.
It does remind me of how in Spain movies like Jurassic Park or Ghostbusters were marked as for all ages even though they had some strong jokes from time to time or straight on dismembered body parts with blood.

I guess that in Spain It is a case of cultural differences as nowadays games like Persona 5 which are rated 18+ in the USA are rated PEGI 16 over here.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I wouldn't mind them either, I just would find it funny if they managed to upstage the rivals and Professor Sycamore twice over after getting into SM/USUM over them.

I have to say those costumes are pretty neat, I'm surprised they managed to get Sir Aaron Lucario since I don't think that character has been seen since the movie came out.

Also, Crustle is an interesting choice for a playable character.
I mean sir Aaron is basically Riley so it’s not to shocking, especially if Shinnoh remakes are coming. Still a cool cosmetic though.
Will laugh if this Serena is as broken as regular Serena is. More Fairy types the better though.

How Xerneas/Yyveltal will work will be interesting; how would reruns work? Hopefully if they are scoutable that could mean they come with sync grids. Crossing my fingers for a Fariy striker Xerneas. Also would guess they'll be paired with either Sycamore, AZ, or Lysandre.

Unprecedented I have no idea, though a sleep talk based Red with Snorlax has been something I've seen requested a lot. Maybe someone will get Ditto? lol

Sounds like Leon will be the main event for the 2nd Anniversary if they're introducing Dynamaxing. Though I wonder if they'll give him Charizard or instead settle with Dragapult or one of the Starters. We really don't need another Charizard IMO.

Am now regretting attempting to go for 2/5 May now. Blew an extra 10k trying to get her, though the Tech Move Candy coins were nice.
I was thinking Sycamore for one of them because his main Pokémon was mega Garchomp which is Cynthias in masters. AZ would also thematically make a lot of sense for Yuveltal. There’s also plenty of time to still save gems up, especially since those banners will probably last till the end of February

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So you guys know one of my takes and approaches if cryptids or mythical creatures were real animals based on the concept of Cryptozoologicon?

And the akhlut being among my ideas I came up with it being the sole surviving member of the archaeoceti aka "ancient whales? Well get a load of this I came across!

Exactly how I'd envision the akhlut if real!
Akhlut is one of the topics that I'll be tackling in the creatuanary challenge for this month. Its gonna be a fun one!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Akhlut is one of the topics that I'll be tackling in the creatuanary challenge for this month. Its gonna be a fun one!
Nice to know there are more folks on here with a similar taste of mine alongside myself, KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms , and Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei . Hope I wouldn't be intruding but think you could share your challenge work whenever you finish? I'm rather curious to see it. If not though, it's fine.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Nice to know there are more folks on here with a similar taste of mine alongside myself, KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms , and Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei . Hope I wouldn't be intruding but think you could share your challenge work whenever you finish? I'm rather curious to see it. If not though, it's fine.
I have been posting some of my sketches periodically in this thread. Perhaps at the end of the month I can repost them.

I usually put them in spoilers due to the image size, so maybe that's why you may have missed them.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I have been posting some of my sketches periodically in this thread. Perhaps at the end of the month I can repost them.

I usually put them in spoilers due to the image size, so maybe that's why you may have missed them.
In that case, can't wait to eventually see the final product. Be sure to tag me.

D

Deleted member

Capcom of Europe just shadowdropped a video on the new Ghost & Goblins Game featuring two of the developers:

Activate YouTube subtitles to understand It doh.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
What I just love about speculative evolution especially regarding cryptids and mythical creatures is all limitless imagination and creativity what they could be if they existed as a natural part of the animal kingdom.

It's no wonder I've gotten into it. Currently trying to speculate what the kushtaka aka "land otter man" of Alaskan folklore would be if a real animal. So far perhaps a species of large otter related to sea otters that evolved temporary bipedalism for short periods of times and evolved a more terrestial lifestyle but trying to think of some more ideas.

Mantis Man (Couldn't be an invertebrate given today's oxygen) and qallupilluit (Perhaps some semi or fully aquatic species of arctic primate?) on the other hand are real dozys. Gonna have to be really creative with those two.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

IDW has the rights to Star Trek, they teamed up with DC to make Star Trek/Green Lantern.

IDW has the rights to TMNT, they teamed up with DC to make Batman/TMNT.

IDW has the rights to Ghostbusters. IDW has the rights to Sonic. Please do Ghostbusters/Constantine and Sonic/Flash.
Both of those crossovers have potential to turn out really good if done right. Would be up for them.

I do wonder how osby osby would react to the Constantine/Ghostbusters crossover doh as I know he is a big fan of Constantine but idk how he feels about Ghostbusters.
I personally really like the Ghostbusters cartoon and the first movie. Don't remember anything about the second movie and I only experienced the reboot through LEGO Dimensions.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Both of those crossovers have potential to turn out really good if done right. Would be up for them.

I do wonder how osby osby would react to the Constantine/Ghostbusters crossover doh as I know he is a big fan of Constantine but idk how he feels about Ghostbusters.
I personally really like the Ghostbusters cartoon and the first movie. Don't remember anything about the second movie and I only experienced the reboot through LEGO Dimensions.
I'm one of the six people who liked the 2016 movie but that's all I know/care about Ghostbusters.

A lighthearted Hellblazer crossover can be really fun, though. Now I'm imagining Constantine being all snarky with the team but secretly enjoying a straightforward ghost problem.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I mean sir Aaron is basically Riley so it’s not to shocking, especially if Shinnoh remakes are coming. Still a cool cosmetic though.
It's more that we haven't seen anything of him in years. His last appearance was in the same year the movie came out and he disappeared after that with only Riley as a partial nod to him. It's interesting that this is the first time we've seen anything of him rather then the TCG, anime, or otherwise.

Reactions: Z25

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm one of the six people who liked the 2016 movie but that's all I know/care about Ghostbusters.

A lighthearted Hellblazer crossover can be really fun, though. Now I'm imagining Constantine being all snarky with the team but secretly enjoying a straightforward ghost problem.
The Ghostbusters have gone way beyond straightforward Ghost problems. Especially in the comics.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I dropped my smart watch and thankfully it didn't break like it did when I did the same thing with my previous smart watch.

Even if it did break I bought a warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom