• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Wouldn't put Ezio or Axel as obscure there, far from it.
I wouldn't put any of them as obscure.

Anyways, I do like when they surprise us with a character out of left field, and those tend to be the hype bringers (Joker, Terry, Steve, Sephiroth), so I would go with the unexpected route.

Steve was unexpected in that everyone thought that Banjo killed his chances

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
He's far from being at any prediction list i've seen around. Anyways, my question was quite simple.
Characters that aren't frequently talked about as potential Smash newcomers aren't necessarily obscure to the general gaming audience.

Anyway I do expect someone who was commonly talked about...in 2018.

Last edited:

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
I wouldn't put any of them as obscure.

Anyways, I do like when they surprise us with a character out of left field, and those tend to be the hype bringers (Joker, Terry, Steve, Sephiroth), so I would go with the unexpected route.

Steve was unexpected in that everyone thought that Banjo killed his chances
Steve upon reveal: Hi Mario!
Mario: Hi.... Steve.....

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Why is it that it's when I half tired and so jacked up on caffeine I get the craziest ideas. Had a crazy story idea about Dr Stone but the difference is instead of the first guy to break out is Senku, it's Truman from The Truman Show.

"Good morning, and in case I don't see ya: Good afternoon, good evening, and" gets petrified

Somehow survives the set collapsing and breaks out thousands of years later.

"good night!" Then a scene of him walking around waving his hand in front of all the people petrified. There you go, Dr Stone/The Truman Show crossover and for some reason I can't stop laughing thinking about it.

Please get me away from the keyboard.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Now which Jrpg should i get too next.

Dragon quest 3 or Final fantasy 8. I've yet to touch either on my switch.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Why is it that it's when I half tired and so jacked up on caffeine I get the craziest ideas. Had a crazy story idea about Dr Stone but the difference is instead of the first guy to break out is Senku, it's Truman from The Truman Show.

"Good morning, and in case I don't see ya: Good afternoon, good evening, and" gets petrified

Somehow survives the set collapsing and breaks out thousands of years later.

"good night!" Then a scene of him walking around waving his hand in front of all the people petrified. There you go, Dr Stone/The Truman Show crossover and for some reason I can't stop laughing thinking about it.

Please get me away from the keyboard.
Watched The Truman Show again earlier this week.

I always imagine that after leaving the dome he ends up being the subject of an ongoing documentary series detailing his life after The Truman Show, essentially showing there is no escape from the cameras for him.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
OK. Given that I'm actually really enjoying the FFVII Remake... does that mean I would actually... enjoy similar games like Xenoblade or FFXV?
If by similar games you mean RPGs, then possibly.

There's a whole range of differences between VIIR and Xenoblade and VIIR and XV that make your connection tenuous.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
RPG's that aren't turn based. Action RPGs. But not Action RPGs like Dark Souls.
Xenoblade honestly just replaces navigating a battle menu by having auto attacks. It feels pseudo turn based once you get down to it. I really wouldn't call it an action RPG.

XV plays very differently from VIIR which could impact how much you enjoy it. I personally found the core gameplay of XV weak but other people really enjoyed it.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Just saw my best friend finally getting around to listening to Persona music. I'm proud of him.

Also:

Anyone who likes Harem or Slice of Life anime should watch Quintessential Quintuplets. Out of my 5/6 seasonals I finding it surprisingly good and yes it's on almost on par with Laid Back Camp Season 2. It's really good.

So to yous on Smashboards I suppose I'll sign off for the night so might play something like Rocket League or Taiko before bed.

Til tomorrow.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
finished Batman TAS. Onto Batman Beyond and Harley Quinn...
...but of course I'm not a dumbass cause I'll be starting my TMNT 2012 marathon as well while getting real juicy for WandaVision

add that with finishing my Royal Rumble marathon (2015-2020 are all I got left...despite this year's event not happening until the 31st), and I'll have 4 shows and 1 ppv event finished in the month of January

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
While Pokémon Snap is still on people's minds, here are some really cool fake Snap 64 videos. I put the last two vids in spoiler to avoid forum problems.

Reactions: Z25

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Latest episode of Hilda given its ending has left me anxiously curious.

I mean I could watch the next episode now but patience is a virtue. I want to take my time with the show so I'll know next week when I watch the next three episodes.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Smash 4 had the worst remixes.
While I will say it did nothing for Cynthia’s remix, there’s still a ton of good remixes 4 had to offer.
-SMB Medley
-SMB Ground/Underground
-SMB3 Medley
-SMW Fortress Boss
-NSMB2 Athletic
-MK7 Circuit
-Mario Maker Title
-Luigi’s Mansion Medley
-Chill Ver. 2
-Gear Getaway
-Both Zelda Medleys
-Dark World
-Full Steam Ahead
-Ballad of the Goddess
-Metroid Title
-Yoshi’s Island
-Wooly World
-Ice Cream Island
-The Great Cave Offensive
-Area 6
-Star Wolf
-Route 10
-N’s Castle
-X & Y Trainer
-All three Earthbound remixes
-Mystery of the Emblem
-Meeting Series Medley
-Lost in Thoughts
-The KI Uprising remixes
-Pikmin 2 Stage Select
-AC Plaza/Title
-K. K. Bubblegum
-Skateboard Arena
-Punch-Out Countdown
-Duck Hunt Medley
-All the Mega Man remixes

You know what you get the picture.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Sounds like there were some changes to the Scott P remaster. They changed Kims middle finger to a thumbs down. which is not too bad. still annoying they changed it for no reason. going to wait and see what else has changed. If it is to much, I will just pull out my PS3 again.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Sounds like there were some changes to the Scott P remaster. They changed Kims middle finger to a thumbs down. which is not too bad. still annoying they changed it for no reason. going to wait and see what else has changed. If it is to much, I will just pull out my PS3 again.
I thought I saw a developer say they made no changes but it could have just meant no new content.

Wonder if it was changed for rating boards or if it's a sign of the times.

cothero

Smash Lord
Characters that aren't frequently talked about as potential Smash newcomers aren't necessarily obscure to the general gaming audience.

Anyway I do expect someone who was commonly talked about...in 2018.
I've seen people here calling Terry obscure just because he isn't well known in the USA (despise his iconicness in Asia and Latin America), so take that as you will.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Now obviously I wasn’t there so I don’t know what happened, but my personal theory is that sw/sh started development as a 3DS game, and development shifted to the switch later on. It could explain why the games feel smaller scale. We have it on record that overworld encounters were only implemented after people reacted positively to the overworld encounters in let’s go.

Like I said, it’s just a theory.
Huh, maybe all those snarky "upscaled Sun/Moon" comments were on to something.

Small hallways made sense in Sun and Moon because of hardware limitations. Those games pushed the 3DS to its limits, and the regular 3DS model didn't have any c-stick for camera control.

It would also explain why the Wild Area feels so discontected and unpolished.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Just finished watching Soul. One of my favorite animated movies I've seen this year, I'd have to say.
was quite an awesome movie. Everyone was a protagonist and antagonist in their own ways...fits the functionalities of humans in a nutshell (minus the fun of Disney money of course)

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Yeah, uh, Crunchyroll...Imma need you to put that new Demon Slayer movie up pronto.

At least I have Laid-Back Camp season 2 and Re:Zero to keep me occupied in the meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom