• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I think this is in part because Ultimate's matchmaking seems to care about matching you up with someone ASAP rather than someone who is playing with your ruleset or a good connection. At least, that's what it seemed like to me when I used it: I haven't played a game of quickplay in like, maybe close to 1-and-a-half years now, lol.
I think its more so that GSP gets really volatile in the middle of the curve, so people can gain/lose GSP really quickly. This makes it much less precise at measuring skill at these levels.

D

Deleted member

Since I was really down and depressed for most of the day, my mother decided to take me to a shopping center to have lunch and look at stuff over there.

We ate at a grill restaurant which served a lot of delicious stuff (we ate a big plate of chips which tasted delicious with the sauces they had, some hamburgers which were really well cooked and a really sweet brownie).

After that, my mother decided to buy me any game. I was deciding between three games and decided to choose this one:
20210113_232259.jpg

This is my first Paper Mario game ever (was always more of a Mario & Luigi guy when It came to the Mario RPGs so I went completely blind and new on this one).

So far I'm liking It, but my aunt got really pissed at me sometime during the evening because she hated how the Game sounded (even though I was in a point with no music and really low sound effects, which even my mother found really stupid of her to do).
Not a bad first game to try I feel. May try Super Paper Mario next in the future as that was the only other Paper Mario game I could find anywhere.
also tagging TheMightyP TheMightyP because I know he is one of the persons here who liked Origami King.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
People really asking who Katy Perry is, which makes me wonder if people have been living under a rock or if they're just really young.
Funny thing is one the Admins used to have a fake Katy Perry account on the site, along with some others like Santa Claus. I think it was Xiivi back when they were on the Staff.

:secretkpop:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Main reason why I can't get into any of the big long running anime like it, Naruto, Inyuasha, Jojo's etc. Way too many episodes.

Keep it under 100 or so and I'm good.
One Piece was actually what got me into anime. I saw an episode on Toonami and got invested enough to keep watching. Even now, I don't mind watching long anime if they look interesting.

D

Deleted member

One Piece was actually what got me into anime. I saw an episode on Toonami and got invested enough to keep watching. Even now, I don't mind watching long anime if they look interesting.
My first anime was I think either Fairy Tail or Sword Art Online but I’d be lying if I said One Piece wasn’t the anime that got me very interested into the medium

D

Deleted member

My first anime was either Megaman NT Warrior, Sargent Keroro, Pokémon or Pretty Cure.

Pretty Cure specifically had an intro theme in Spain which imo was really kick ass:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I swear, it's like once a week where I think to myself: I need to expand my social circles on Discord and stuff. Then 10 minutes later I go back to playing.

Also bored so I'm gonna explain how I got into anime, of course Pokemon excluded. I must be one of the people who got into anime properly in a weird way.

1. Got Tales of Zestiria.

2. Completed it but felt unsatisfied so I hear of an anime that would help redo some stuff.

3. Watched the redone anime (which I loved) then Symphonia adaptation.

4. Got persuaded to watch Hyperdimension Neptunia.

5. Watched it, loved it and Noire became my goddess or something.

6. By recommendation watched Assassination Classroom, No Game No Life and Steins Gate then watched Kino's Journey of my own initiative.

7. Steins Gate 0 and Persona 5 the Animation became my first seasonals. Of course the latter I dropped.

8. Then spent time looking at anime memes to familiarise myself with it.

9. Discovered Konosuba on a holiday to England and so faked an anxiety attack from my ****** aunt just so she didn't force me to do this high-ropes course in the middle of a rainstorm. Sat in the cafe discovering the glories of Aqua and Megumin as for a place in the middle of nowhere it had great Wi-Fi.

10. Then I was fully converted to the grand horror of my siblings.

There you go kids. That's the story of how I got into anime.......more or less.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Meanwhile, I don't think I ever got involved with Chocobos for FF7 beyond what was required for the plot. I know that they're required to get Knights of the Round, but the whole process seems luck-based, it seems like it would take a while, and I wasn't sure if there'd be any other worthwhile rewards.
You can actually maximize the chances of getting a goldie by racing the parents of each generation a few times. Just stuff them with the best greens in the game And they’ll blaze ahead of the pack (if you can’t afford it, do some light grinding outside of Mideel, then sell some mastered All materia to make massive bank). It’s also a great way to earn GP for goodies like the Gil Plus materia, so there’s not just Knights of the Round to look forward to.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If we’re talking about personal favorite anime... then....
E51AE0AF-A00C-47AF-9C27-008DDB4CB8F4.png

Shame it got canned along with the game itself but for what it did it was a really good step up from the usual Buddyfight tropes, and actually had a pretty interesting moral plot

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Nickelodeon and Playmates were the ones who wanted TMNT 2012 to have most of season 4 be in space for both merch money and to add variety...big brain play there

...where was this determination for Rise tho?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
You can actually maximize the chances of getting a goldie by racing the parents of each generation a few times. Just stuff them with the best greens in the game And they’ll blaze ahead of the pack (if you can’t afford it, do some light grinding outside of Mideel, then sell some mastered All materia to make massive bank). It’s also a great way to earn GP for goodies like the Gil Plus materia, so there’s not just Knights of the Round to look forward to.
Imagine grinding for greens and not just using the W-item glitch.

D

Deleted member

They really gotta do something about these CrashBoards...
considering what each error is each time I think it’s just something outta their control.

First it was a complete site crash but this time it was a page loading error. Either Xenforo is borked or the site is borked

Last edited by a moderator:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Anyone play the remaster of Scott pilgrim? any idea what changes were made?
I thought it wasn't out until tomorrow.

From what I've seen in reviews, it's almost exactly like the original, though the only questionable move that I've seen is that you have to sign in with a Ubisoft account to unlock Knives Chau and play online. (Wallace is unlocked from the beginning) It's a minor step, but I could see that being patched out (or at least changed so that Knives is unlocked from the beginning) like what happened with the Switch ports of Doom 1 and 2 if there's enough backlash.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
In other news. Finished watching episode 7 season 2 of Hilda.

On episode 7 of Season 2 so half-way through.

That ending man damn...

Hilda for the first time in her ever life getting grounded. Anxiously curious to see what happens next but patience is a virtue wanting to take my time with this show as long as I can, so I'll know next week when I watch the next three episodes.

Wonder if this conflict of being grounded by Joanna is gonna go on for the rest of the show...We'll see.

D

Deleted member

TheMightyP TheMightyP

Andre released “ a statement”

Andre: “ I had no idea 1 dollar an hour was unfair”

This is such a generic statement that ultimately amounts to nothing.
Considering who Andre is I’m surprised he even went and actually made a statement. He doesn’t exactly strike me as the kinda person who is very good at PR. Just damage control.

edit: he even locked the comments too. Seems clear to me this is just damage control. Although a bit too late to matter.

Last edited by a moderator:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Considering who Andre is I’m surprised he even went and actually made a statement. He doesn’t exactly strike me as the kinda person who is very good at PR. Just damage control.
hence the statement. I can see some of it being true. Being the CEO/man in charge can always cause blinders to issues. And crunch is a real thing no matter the workplace. So, I can see some of it genuine. But I am trying to give the benefit of the doubt. Support Good Vibs Gaming btw if you want to support the old GX crew.

D

Deleted member

hence the statement. I can see some of it being true. Being the CEO/man in charge can always cause blinders to issues. And crunch is a real thing no matter the workplace. So, I can see some of it genuine. But I am trying to give the benefit of the doubt. Support Good Vibs Gaming btw if you want to support the old GX crew.
I just skimmed through it again and it just seems to be a non-statement. Doesn’t even directly mention any of the accusations, just talks about “his former friends experiences” and “how he’s not a perfect person”

Gamexplain has already lost easily millions of subs, I think Andre knows he ****ed and trying to not add fuel to the fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom