• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
This is the only time I will ever be political on this site. Brace yourselves

It only takes a simple majority to impeach. As far as I'm concerned it means nothing since both times it was enacted by Democrats. It could be that Trump is that bad, or it could be a zealous act on Pelosi's part. Wake me up if this impeachment actually succeeds...
Biden gets inaugurated in a week. I don't see any point to it, personally.

D

Deleted member

Hello everyone.

I'm so sorry about the panick attack I had yesterday, It truly was an awful day (and an awful amount of weeks) and It took me all down and made me lose Hope on myself. But just half an hour ago, I had a realization about how I look at myself and my whole view changed.

Still feeling like I don't belong near sane people, I decided to lay down and watch some videos on YouTube by a spanish YouTube called AuronPlay and a few other ones by Pyrocynical about people who did a lot of awful stuff.

I saw a young asshole who misstreated his Cats and gave poor people on the street oreos filled with Toothpaste while claiming "It would teach them to brush their teeth", a rich kid who did nothing but annoy youtubers and even the parents of popular soccer players such as Messi just to look cool on the internet, people who send death threads and other menaces to youtubers with loud noises and a dude who faked his girlfriend's death on YouTube just to get clicks and attention.

Seeing all that, I had a realization and after so many awful days thought to myself: "No JD. You, aren't the worst thing which has happened to this planet and deserve nothing of what is happening. You are someone who owns to his mistakes, tries to improve over them and actually tries for real to help the people around you and make them feel better. These people you are watching are doing awful stuff to other people, making others feel bad and even worse all while thinking they are contributing something to society."

And with that, It finally came together: there's nothing wrong with temporarily dropping out of college until you feel better about yourself. Even if your aunt gets pissed at It, It will still be a choice which will help my well being, and doesn't hurt anyone who I care about seriously.

Since I'm finally starting to see the light and valuing myself more, I feel I don't have to delete my Smashboards account anymore. I may not be perfect, I may make mistakes which as times may slightly frustrate people... But so is the case with everyone else. And I'm more than ever before, confident that I will never find myself doing any of the awful stuff I've seen those awful people do on said videos, and that even if I keep making mistakes I will still try my deep best to improve over them to become an even better person.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Hello everyone.

I'm so sorry about the panick attack I had yesterday, It truly was an awful day (and an awful amount of weeks) and It took me all down and made me lose Hope on myself. But just half an hour ago, I had a realization about how I look at myself and my whole view changed.

Still feeling like I don't belong near sane people, I decided to lay down and watch some videos on YouTube by a spanish YouTube called AuronPlay and a few other ones by Pyrocynical about people who did a lot of awful stuff.

I saw a young asshole who misstreated his Cats and gave poor people on the street oreos filled with Toothpaste while claiming "It would teach them to brush their teeth", a rich kid who did nothing but annoy youtubers and even the parents of popular soccer players such as Messi just to look cool on the internet, people who send death threads and other menaces to youtubers with loud noises and a dude who faked his girlfriend's death on YouTube just to get clicks and attention.

Seeing all that, I had a realization and after so many awful days thought to myself: "No JD. You, aren't the worst thing which has happened to this planet and deserve nothing of what is happening. You are someone who owns to his mistakes, tries to improve over them and actually tries for real to help the people around you and make them feel better. These people you are watching are doing awful stuff to other people, making others feel bad and even worse all while thinking they are contributing something to society."

And with that, It finally came together: there's nothing wrong with temporarily dropping out of college until you feel better about yourself. Even if your aunt gets pissed at It, It will still be a choice which will help my well being, and doesn't hurt anyone who I care about seriously.

Since I'm finally starting to see the light and valuing myself more, I feel I don't have to delete my Smashboards account anymore. I may not be perfect, I may make mistakes which as times may slightly frustrate people... But so is the case with everyone else. And I'm more than ever before, confident that I will never find myself doing any of the awful stuff I've seen those awful people do on said videos, and that even if I keep making mistakes I will still try my deep best to improve over them to become an even better person.
I'm glad that you're improving in that manner concerning coming to a better understanding with what's going on, and I hope you continue that upward trajectory.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Two biggest missing games from SNES Online are EarthBound and Super Mario RPG. Anything else?
The SNES Final Fantasy games and Chrono Trigger. Though I suppose Square Enix is more likely to do their own releases of them.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Two biggest missing games from SNES Online are EarthBound and Super Mario RPG. Anything else?
Plok

Hello everyone.

Yeah that’s the spirit brother!

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
One Piece is ****ing amazing.

Hope fans here have been keeping up with the chapter 1000 celebrations and voting for their favourite characters in the first global popularity poll. I've been making sure to get my daily vote in.
https://onepiecewt100.com/en/
It's cool to also check the current regional ranks.
I don't always remember to vote on that, but I make sure to on the days I do remember.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
People seem to like it, but there are a TON of episodes so that's what's so daunting to me.
Main reason why I can't get into any of the big long running anime like it, Naruto, Inyuasha, Jojo's etc. Way too many episodes.

Keep it under 100 or so and I'm good.

I don't even care if the impeachment succeeds; I'm just ready for Biden to be sworn in so this **** can end.
I can't wait for it so I can finally turn my back on it and go back to focusing on local politics. I still even debate about wanting to go into the local community and help out others once the pandemic is over. Part of why I hope to become a library assistant.

Hello everyone.

Seeing all that, I had a realization and after so many awful days thought to myself: No JD. You, aren't the worst thing which has happened to this planet and deserve nothing of what is happening.

Since I'm finally starting to see the light and valuing myself more, I feel I don't have to delete my Smashboards account anymore. I may not be perfect, I may make mistakes which as times may slightly frustrate people... But so is the case with everyone else.
That's great to hear. You are not the worst person in the world by the way. I think there is at 5 billion below you on that one.

And if you need to dropout to find your sense of direction then that's a good thing. It's what I'm doing and no-one should make you feel the worse for it. I was reminded constantly about one thing: "your health is your wealth".

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Hello everyone.

That's a great attitude to have.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Main reason why I can't get into any of the big long running anime like it, Naruto, Inyuasha, Jojo's etc. Way too many episodes.

I feel the same way lol

And I only got through most of Bleach and ALL of Naruto because I got into Bleach when I was in high school (and it's one of the only shows I watched in high school) and Naruto was one of the first anime I got into, so I grew up with Naruto. Pokemon was my first favorite anime when I was 10, and Naruto came along and was 2nd to enter the ring when I was 12.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
IM ONLY REALIZING JUST NOW I ****ED UP MAKING THE COMMENT BUT LETS ****ING GO

D

Deleted member

Dub. Whenever I watch anime, I like watching the dub to see how well it translates over into English. It's just one more thing to analyze and critique.
When it comes to just about anything, I prefer watching in the original language if possible. I would much rather not deal with dumb companies trying to pander to my country thank you very much

D

Deleted member

I’m the inverse: if an anime doesn’t have like 50+ episodes you’d have a hard time convincing me to consider it. I have occasionally watched ones with less(BNA comes to mind) but I usually only make exceptions if it looks reallly ****ing good.
That's a very weird way of looking at things.
Meh, I just would much rather watch the original over anything else. Of course if it’s basically impossible to find(Digimon subs for example are practically non-existent here) then I’ll make exceptions but I just simply prefer watching the original media. I’m not watching anime to see more of my culture anyway.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Neat. I prefer the dub myself. I hope you like it.
I'm on episode 3. I wanna at least finish season 1 before deciding whether or not I should continue watching.

I try to finish the first few episodes for many series before deciding whether or not I want to continue. Although, I think the most recent "quit" I did on a show that was also the shortest was Fairy Tail. I only got through about 10-20 episodes of season 1 before stopping and getting bored.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I’m the inverse: if an anime doesn’t have like 50+ episodes you’d have a hard time convincing me to consider it. I have occasionally watched ones with less(BNA comes to mind) but I usually only make exceptions if it looks reallly ****ing good.

Meh, I just would much rather watch the original over anything else. Of course if it’s basically impossible to find(Digimon subs for example are practically non-existent here) then I’ll make exceptions but I just simply prefer watching the original media. I’m not watching anime to see more of my culture anyway.
Not every dubbing company is 4kids lol

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Please help me, I can’t stop thinking about Chocobos! They were my favorite part about FF7!
Meanwhile, I don't think I ever got involved with Chocobos for FF7 beyond what was required for the plot. I know that they're required to get Knights of the Round, but the whole process seems luck-based, it seems like it would take a while, and I wasn't sure if there'd be any other worthwhile rewards.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Meanwhile, I don't think I ever got involved with Chocobos for FF7 beyond what was required for the plot. I know that they're required to get Knights of the Round, but the whole process seems luck-based, it seems like it would take a while, and I wasn't sure if there'd be any other worthwhile rewards.
You get other powerful materia such as Mime. The only parts that are really luck based are the chocobos you find in random encounters. Once you get the initial types you need, just follow a guide on when to breed them and everything is set in stone.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I prefer dubs so I can multitask
That's another reason why I do so lol

Sometimes while I'm watching an episode, I'll look up chat rooms or factoids related to the series/show I'm watching and see what other viewers say about it, just to get a better picture of the show I'm watching as a whole. While also trying to avoid spoilers as well lol

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I tend to view things both subbed and dubbed.

Sub for streams and then things I like I usually buy and rewatch dubbed. Some things like One Piece I just watch dubbed because it's what I'm most accustomed to.

EDIT: Oh and things like Cowboy Bebop I can't even imagine watching without the dub voices.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I usually stick with subs but I can get down with watching anime dubbed if the performances are really good.

Like, the Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood dub is legit amazing and my personal preference when watching the show.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I'll say one thing about 4Kids. At least you'll get a different experience than if you watched it subbed :yoshi:
Not ashamed to say I have the entire 4kids dub of the original Yugioh series on DVD.

Dare I say the shadow realm actually made the series more interesting.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
With a few exceptions I tend to keep my preferred episode count around 30 so I can watch it, reflect on it and move on. Of course there are exceptions such as shows that are in getting more episodes recently past that count (Re:Zero, Fire Force, Dr Stone etc) but that's as really, the only more than 30 episode anime I've finished to date is Assassination Classroom.

There are only two few in the near 100 episode anime I'm interested in: My Hero Academia and A Certain Magical Index/spinoffs.

Dubs can suck, yeah.

But without dubs we wouldn’t have Ghost Stories. Or southern Dedede.
I prefer subs cause I'm actually trying to learn Japanese but yes that there is some god level exceptions like Ghost Stories.

Plus if it's set in Japan, I'll set it to Japanese no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom