• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Been a few years since I watched One Piece. Think I only got up to episode 26 or something.

Gotta get back to it eventually once finishing other shows I'm currently watching.

D

Deleted member

Been a few years since I watched One Piece. Think I only got up to episode 26 or something.

Gotta get back to it eventually once finishing other shows I'm currently watching.
It takes a bit to get going but once it does, it gets going fast.

I would daresay it’s a masterpiece of worldbuilding and storytelling meshed together.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It takes a bit to get going but once it does, it gets going fast.

I would daresay it’s a masterpiece of worldbuilding and storytelling meshed together.
It being slow actually wasn't the reason I stopped watching, only because at that time I was a more busy person. But with more time on my hands, once finishing some of the shows I'm currently watching (Currently watching Rick & Morty Season 4, Hilda Season 2, and Godzilla: The Series). One Piece will be one of them along with Onyx Equinox and also getting back to Bleach and YuYu Hakusho.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I began watching One Piece.

What am I doing with my life? lol
Hoooo boy, have fun, lol.

Pre-timeskip is mostly top tier stuff (Alabasta, Water-7, Ennies Lobby, Marineford), some duds (IMO Impel Down is a boring slog), but is a great adventure story.

Post-timeskip is...

Uh...

"Bloated" and "inconsistent" is putting it lightly. :191:

D

Deleted member

Pre-timeskip is mostly top tier stuff (Alabasta, Water-7, Ennies Lobby, Marineford), some duds (IMO Impel Down is a boring slog), but is a great adventure story.

Post-timeskip is...

Uh...

Personally I think for what it is Post-timeskip is still a very good story... it’s just the pacing that’s holding it back, and the main reason I hesitate to call One Piece the best anime of all time. best manga maybe but the Timeskip does have it’s share of problems that dilluate the experience, but doesn’t completely ruin it for me because I just watch clips anyway

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Post-timeskip is...

Uh...

Are you talking about the anime or manga here? I know that the anime covers ground a lot more quickly than the manga (most anime adaptations can cover 2-3 chapters an episode from what I've seen), so they pad out an entire chapter to fill an episode rather than covering two or three so they don't overtake the manga and wind up with a ton of filler arcs like Naruto or Bleach did. (that's been the case since roughly Thriller Bark or so) Much like with Dragon Ball, the manga moves at a much smoother pace by comparison.

If you're talking about the manga, then I'm not sure what to say.

Last edited:

MooMew64

Personally I think for what it is Post-timeskip is still a very good story... it’s just the pacing that’s holding it back, and the main reason I hesitate to call One Piece the best anime of all time. best manga maybe but the Timeskip does have it’s share of problems that dilluate the experience, but doesn’t completely ruin it for me because I just watch clips anyway
Even with the manga, I'm not huge on the overabundance of characters and a lack of clear focus on the Straw Hats, personally. I appreciate good world building, but I think Oda's gone a bit too far from what the series originally was. IMO, OP is at it's strongest when it's focusing on the Straw Hat's love of adventure and close bonds, and those moments aren't as often highlighted in post-timeskip as they were in the past.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
up until now I've been replaying P5R on normal difficulty via NG+, and life was going on smoothly...then I fought that piece of **** ass ***** known as Okumura...had to go back to safe mode cause of his life hating ass. man I'm glad he died...****** will never be shown any sympathy from me...**** Okumura

...not you Haru you and your big ass Ninehead are fine by me...just stop enjoying murder and that screentime will be yours
Objectively, Birds of Prey was kind of an average movie.

Subjectively? I loved the **** out of it. The characters were likable, the action was fun and it knew when to get serious and whento not most of the time. It saved Harley Quinn as a character for meafter the mess that was Suicide Squad. Easily one of my my personal favorite DCEU movie after Shazam and Wonder Woman.

Also, Secret Six movie when?
what a coincidence...that's my top 3 for the DCEU as well (tho I guess there isn't really too many options for a top 3)

D

Deleted member

Even with the manga, I'm not huge on the overabundance of characters and a lack of clear focus on the Straw Hats, personally. I appreciate good world building, but I think Oda's gone a bit too far from what the series originally was. IMO, OP is at it's strongest when it's focusing on the Straw Hat's love of adventure and close bonds, and those moments aren't as often highlighted in post-timeskip as they were in the past.
tbh I prefer it when the manga focuses more on the world.

Don’t get me wrong the Straw Hats are a pretty nice protag group but overall I’m much less interested in the characters and moreso in the lore.

Like, what is the Void Century? The Will of D? Who originally put all the treasure at One Piece(technically this one has already been answered but yknow spoilers) stuff like that that makes the world feel that much bigger.

Last edited by a moderator:

MooMew64

tbh I prefer it when the manga focuses more on the world.

Don’t get me wrong the Straw Hats are a pretty nice protag group but overall I’m much less interested in the characters and moreso in the lore.

Like, what is the Void Century? The Will of D? Who originally put all the treasure at One Piece(technically this one has already been answered but yknow spoilers) stuff like that that makes the world feel that much bigger.
Oh don't get me wrong, I enjoy those moments too, it's just not all of it stuck the landing for me. Like, I won't lie, before Zou, Whole Cake, and Wano, Punk Hazard was the only post-timeskip arc I really enjoyed. Fishman Island and Dressrosa just took too long, and I was sick of 'em by the time I reached the end.

Dressrosa was at least made better for me thanks to the Law backstory, but other than that, there just wasn't much goin' on for me that arc.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Not gonna lie, I wish Smash Bros. Ultimate's matchmaking pitted me against players that were more-so at my skill level. I keep getting matched with players that just combo me to hell and back and there's not all too much I can do to escape those combos besides wait for an opening to dodge. Oh well, guess that's what practice is for.

MooMew64

Not gonna lie, I wish Smash Bros. Ultimate's matchmaking pitted me against players that were more-so at my skill level. I keep getting matched with players that just combo me to hell and back and there's not all too much I can do to escape those combos besides wait for an opening to dodge. Oh well, guess that's what practice is for.
I think this is in part because Ultimate's matchmaking seems to care about matching you up with someone ASAP rather than someone who is playing with your ruleset or a good connection. At least, that's what it seemed like to me when I used it: I haven't played a game of quickplay in like, maybe close to 1-and-a-half years now, lol.

D

Deleted member

oh boy, you better read up on that frame data! :yoshi2:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I agree with you somewhat. It does feel like there are too many characters added too quickly at times. And while individual Straw Hats are still getting good moments, it's not as much as it could be.

D

Deleted member

Any of ya’ll up to playing some Among Us? I’m very bored

D

Deleted member

Oh, @Bakugan2556, I did manage to reach the other end of the jungle.

It was another forest.

Beyond that was an ocean.

I did get an enchanted sword and found the Angler out of it however.
wait, an enchanted sword? That’s pretty rare.

I would keep it, it’s used in a crafting recipe for one of the best swords and you usually have to world
hop to get it

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
wait, an enchanted sword? That’s pretty rare.

I would keep it, it’s used in a crafting recipe for one of the best swords and you usually have to world
hop to get it
Yeah, it was under a Living Tree that was on the border of the Jungle. Just happened to be there.

Bye Bye Iron Broadsword

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Guys just saying on here before passing it to more serious threads.

Trump has now been impeached twice. That is all.
The very fact he’s been impeached more than once is worrying. The entire premise of our government runs on the assumption that the checks and balances will balance everything out, yet it appears that thinking was incorrect when a cult is involved.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
One Piece is ****ing amazing.

Hope fans here have been keeping up with the chapter 1000 celebrations and voting for their favourite characters in the first global popularity poll. I've been making sure to get my daily vote in.
https://onepiecewt100.com/en/
It's cool to also check the current regional ranks.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
You watching sub or dub?
Dub. Whenever I watch anime, I like watching the dub to see how well it translates over into English. It's just one more thing to analyze and critique.

Post-timeskip is...

Uh...

That's good to know. At what episode/chapter does the time skip occur?

It looks like you're making good life decisions to me.
People seem to like it, but there are a TON of episodes so that's what's so daunting to me.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Dub. Whenever I watch anime, I like watching the dub to see how well it translates over into English. It's just one more thing to analyze and critique.

That's good to know. At what episode/chapter does the time skip occur?

People seem to like it, but there are a TON of episodes so that's what's so daunting to me.
The timeskip starts at chapter 598 and episode 517.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Guys just saying on here before passing it to more serious threads.

Trump has now been impeached twice. That is all.
This is the only time I will ever be political on this site. Brace yourselves

It only takes a simple majority to impeach. As far as I'm concerned it means nothing since both times it was enacted by Democrats. It could be that Trump is that bad, or it could be a zealous act on Pelosi's part. Wake me up if this impeachment actually succeeds...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom