• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
People really asking who Katy Perry is, which makes me wonder if people have been living under a rock or if they're just really young.
If it's the latter, they shouldn't even be on Twitter. Then again so should people over 13.

D

Deleted member

People really asking who Katy Perry is, which makes me wonder if people have been living under a rock or if they're just really young.
Name sounds faintly familiar but I don't really bother that much with names so I doubt I would remember anytime soon.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Their memory banks might not actually be explosive and powerful like fireworks.

Or perhaps they're not a california gurl who's undeniable.

Maybe the news of it isn't coming at them like a dark horse yet.

But maybe, above all else, this pop star is simply the one who got away.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
This certainly has become a meme lately:

Anyways, I finally decided to give Wonder Woman 1984 a watch as it came out on PVod here in the United Kingdom today and here are my reviews along with Shazam! and Aquaman (both films which I had also decided to give a watch):

After the success of their first movie which gained critical acclaim (despite a weak third act), can Patty Jenkins and Gal Gadot repeat the same recipe with their sequel? Sadly, I'm afraid not.

Although the first seventeen minutes of the film is alright (despite some of the cheesy scenes within the fight scene within the mall), it somewhat went downhill from there. There are several questions that I do have in regards the story was written within Wonder Woman 1984 which was done by Patty Jenkins and Geoff Johns. I couldn't help but feel the idea of a wishing stone is ridiculous and I'm not really sure whether Steve Trevor's soul taking over a man's body is the best way for him to come back and I do believe that there are better ways for him to return (not over a man's body.)

I felt that the film which not only lacked humor, but it was going at quite a slow pace which it took almost a long time for it to materialise. For example, it took over an hour later from the mall scene that I finally get to see the next action sequence to come in and I would've liked to have seen more within that time.

The third act was pretty underwhelming to say the least which Cheetah had little screen time and the idea of Maxwell Lord renouncing his wish fell rather flat.

Pedro Pascal who is well known for the Mandalorian is the only actor whose performance shone throughout the film whilst Gal Gadot who was pretty much one of the best performers in the last film, wasn't able to bring her best in 1984.

Overall, I'm actually quite disappointed with the sequel as whilst there are certainly many questionable flaws within the film such as the story, it couldn't quite continue on from the success it had achieved within its first film which is a real shame.

Rating: 5.5/10

After watching Shazam! I would put this as my second favourite DCEU film overall. Whilst again, I felt it took a quite a while for things to materialise and I felt that the villain was underwhelming, there are several positive things about Shazam! with Zachery Levi being the film's best performer. I just wish that the other family members will get another opportunity to shine more in the confirmed sequel.

The film is fun and it certainly does give the true meaning of "familiy" which is pretty much its primary focus.

Rating: 8/10

To reiterate what Pedro Pascal's character had said in Wonder Woman 1984, "the film is good, but it can be better."

Whilst I certainly do not have any qualms on Jason Momoa's performance, I felt that the film did not bring the best out of its cast in which I felt that the likes of Nicole Kidman, Williem Defoe and Yahya Abdul-Mateen II's characters were pretty much wasted. Amber Heard wasn't really able to bring out much personality within Mera and Patrick Wilson who portrays Orm Marius aka Ocean Master (which if Rocket Raccoon hears that he will literally get mocked completely) did not deliver at all with his stiff and wooden performance.

Even though its visual effects are stunning, a number of its dialogue was not very well executed within parts of the film and the plot kind of felt like they were attempting to mash stories from Thor, Black Panther and the Guardians of the Galaxy.

Rating: 6.5/10

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Oh mist
Mario 3d world seems faaar to fast i think the speed increase will sadly break a lot of levels the Speed should be slower in the Main Game!

D

Deleted member

Think I’m starting to get the hang of drawing avians
41E677DA-B151-4697-AA92-2D89CFEE4782.jpeg

and coloring too I guess

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
This certainly has become a meme lately:

Anyways, I finally decided to give Wonder Woman 1984 a watch as it came out on PVod here in the United Kingdom today and here are my reviews along with Shazam! and Aquaman (both films which I had also decided to give a watch):

After the success of their first movie which gained critical acclaim (despite a weak third act), can Patty Jenkins and Gal Gadot repeat the same recipe with their sequel? Sadly, I'm afraid not.

Although the first seventeen minutes of the film is alright (despite some of the cheesy scenes within the fight scene within the mall), it somewhat went downhill from there. There are several questions that I do have in regards the story was written within Wonder Woman 1984 which was done by Patty Jenkins and Geoff Johns. I couldn't help but feel the idea of a wishing stone is ridiculous and I'm not really sure whether Steve Trevor's soul taking over a man's body is the best way for him to come back and I do believe that there are better ways for him to return (not over a man's body.)

I felt that the film which not only lacked humor, but it was going at quite a slow pace which it took almost a long time for it to materialise. For example, it took over an hour later from the mall scene that I finally get to see the next action sequence to come in and I would've liked to have seen more within that time.

The third act was pretty underwhelming to say the least which Cheetah had little screen time and the idea of Maxwell Lord renouncing his wish fell rather flat.

Pedro Pascal who is well known for the Mandalorian is the only actor whose performance shone throughout the film whilst Gal Gadot who was pretty much one of the best performers in the last film, wasn't able to bring her best in 1984.

Overall, I'm actually quite disappointed with the sequel as whilst there are certainly many questionable flaws within the film such as the story, it couldn't quite continue on from the success it had achieved within its first film which is a real shame.

Rating: 5.5/10

After watching Shazam! I would put this as my second favourite DCEU film overall. Whilst again, I felt it took a quite a while for things to materialise and I felt that the villain was underwhelming, there are several positive things about Shazam! with Zachery Levi being the film's best performer. I just wish that the other family members will get another opportunity to shine more in the confirmed sequel.

The film is fun and it certainly does give the true meaning of "familiy" which is pretty much its primary focus.

Rating: 8/10

To reiterate what Pedro Pascal's character had said in Wonder Woman 1984, "the film is good, but it can be better."

Whilst I certainly do not have any qualms on Jason Momoa's performance, I felt that the film did not bring the best out of its cast in which I felt that the likes of Nicole Kidman, Williem Defoe and Yahya Abdul-Mateen II's characters were pretty much wasted. Amber Heard wasn't really able to bring out much personality within Mera and Patrick Wilson who portrays Orm Marius aka Ocean Master (which if Rocket Raccoon hears that he will literally get mocked completely) did not deliver at all with his stiff and wooden performance.

Even though its visual effects are stunning, a number of its dialogue was not very well executed within parts of the film and the plot kind of felt like they were attempting to mash stories from Thor, Black Panther and the Guardians of the Galaxy.

Rating: 6.5/10
what about Birds of Prey and the Fantabulous Emancipation of one Harley Quinn

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I know the catch all for my generation is gen z, but I really feel like there are two different gen z’s.
People who don't know Katy Perry wouldn't even be Gen Z. They'd be Gen Alpha.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
what about Birds of Prey and the Fantabulous Emancipation of one Harley Quinn
Birds of Prey is one of the two films that I was able to watch last year before the cinemas were closed (Onward was the other film.) Here is my review:

Anyways, I felt that the film is colourful, vibrant and fun in areas and Margot Robbie did a good job in her portrayal as Harley (one of the characters that stood out during David Ayers' version of the Suicide Squad.) But I don't know if it is me, but some of the characters are quite forgettable and I just wish they had a bit more shine within the film.

Overall Rating: 7/10

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Good ol Coldmirror (YES she is German) if you want you can guess what happens in this video of hers Good luck (or just use subtitles)
Yes she voices everyone

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Birds of Prey is one of the two films that I was able to watch last year before the cinemas were closed (Onward was the other film.) Here is my review:

Anyways, I felt that the film is colourful, vibrant and fun in areas and Margot Robbie did a good job in her portrayal as Harley (one of the characters that stood out during David Ayers' version of the Suicide Squad.) But I don't know if it is me, but some of the characters are quite forgettable and I just wish they had a bit more shine within the film.

Overall Rating: 7/10
some people definitely could've shined more (more Huntress screentime would've been awesome since she was a top highlight), but it did hold the fort for the DCEU last year at the least

also Birds of Prey was one of my last cinema films as well...tho instead of Onward I watched Sonic...ah the memories

osby

Smash Obsessed
Objectively, Birds of Prey was kind of an average movie.

Subjectively? I loved the **** out of it. The characters were likable, the action was fun and it knew when to get serious and whento not most of the time. It saved Harley Quinn as a character for meafter the mess that was Suicide Squad. Easily one of my my personal favorite DCEU movie after Shazam and Wonder Woman.

Also, Secret Six movie when?

Ivander

Smash Legend
You wanted anime to be real

Now you must accept

THE CONSEQUENCES
Monkey's paw regarding fiction in a nutshell.

"I want to live in the world of Pokemon! It's pretty peaceful."
"You now live in the world of Pokemon. But reality also follows you. And with it, politics, outrage news, your favourite Pokemon characters having opinions that aren't favourable or good, cancel culture, social media, Pokemon being used for murder, some of the disturbing Pokedex entries in all their glory, all the things you hate about reality follow too."

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Monkey's paw regarding fiction in a nutshell.

"I want to live in the world of Pokemon! It's pretty peaceful."
"You now live in the world of Pokemon. But reality also follows you. And with it, politics, outrage news, your favourite Pokemon characters having opinions that aren't favourable or good, cancel culture, social media, Pokemon being used for murder, some of the disturbing Pokedex entries in all their glory, all the things you hate about reality follow too."
I can’t believe Champion Lance is a Q-anon believer.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
KnowYourMemes as decided to jump the shark and made their website horrible to look at & naviguate with the new UI. (some pages still show the old one, but entries are just unreadable mess)

Fun fact: if you got Adblock, look at the numbers of ads blocked, you thank me later

EDIT: Have this video open in the background while you look at it too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom