• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You remember how before the reveal of Fighter Pass 2 everyone was all like "there's not gonna be a second fighters pass! Sakurai wants to stop!" and then after they revealed that "new fighters were coming" everyone was like "it's only gonna be one or two at the most"? And now, guess again, everyone is all "there is a whelk's chance in a supernova that we're getting a Fighters Pass 3". Just wanted to put that out there.

I know Sakurai said in an interview that there wouldn't be. Just shut up already FI! I KNOW the Wii Remote's batteries are low! I'm an adult! Let me live my life!

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Just found out Pixar is mking a Buzz lightyear movie.

Does anyone want to tell themthey already did this?

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I do want to see more of Asriel, even if it's not the same one from UT, but I feel Asgore need more attention 'cuz he isn't that popular compared to other from the main cast (probably due to shipping wars at the start of fandom & him the less amount of screentime of the bunch), or even Gaster/Chara. (Those two have so much fan comic/AU where they're important, you could almost forgot that we know very little about them in the OG game, hell, we don't even know for sure what Gaster look like as of now! Mystery Man still hasn't been 100% confirm as Gaster)

Tho, again, we don't know much of the real Asriel ( pre-Flowey in particular), and nothing stop Toby to show more of father & son (aswell as goatmom, since some peoples are starting tp feel like she could have got more attention in Undertale)
This is true. He is only mentioned in passing, rather than being present. Although, if we look at game dialogue and the DR wiki, we can gather clues about who DR Azzy is, concerning personality...

-Azzy seems to be friendly with the townsfolk, and seems to be well-liked and popular, which is unlike Kris. This means unlike UT Azzy, DR Azzy isn't a controversial figure, but rather is well-liked all-around.
-He has trophies in his room. He's probably involved with sports or some kind of other extracurricular activity.
-He loves religious ska and was a part of the church choir, telling me that he was also beloved in his church community and loved attending services as well.
-He would take Kris out for hot chocolate after services on Sunday after Toriel and Asgore separated.
-He would carry Kris to school if Kris woke up late.
-He and Kris to be fans of Super Smash Bros. or at least the DR equivalent, called "Super Smashing Fighters".
-Catty seems to be very attacted to him, but he seems to be more neutral in turn.
-He's a college student, attending a university.

Knowing all of these facts, here's what we can gather about Azzy.
1. He's popular in general, meaning he has to be doing something right.
2. He's involved in extra-curriculars and seems to keep himself busy. He's not one to get bored.
3. He's clearly religious and actively involved in his church community before going off to college, meaning he has good rapport in more niche areas of the town as well.
4. He loves Kris a lot. Asriel is the big brother that Kris needed, taking care of them throughout all of their years growing up together.
5. He could be attracted to Catty, but isn't nearly as attracted to her as she is attracted to him. He's taking things slow, or is perhaps even neutral and sees her as "just a friend." This would show that he's not really invested in romance, or alternatively works through romantic situations carefully and slowly.
6. He's 18-22 in age.

While we don't know a LOT about Azzy, I would argue that we have at least a baseline to start out with. DR Azzy, as opposed to UT Azzy, isn't a character who's life is filled with tragedy like UT Azzy. Neither did he go through "resurrection no jutsu" and end up in an alternate body. Rather, he fills that "wholesome kid from up the street" trope who loves his family, loves God, and loves sports. There's still plenty of work that can be done with his character, and plenty of potential that I hope is fulfilled.

However, I will say, if Kris IS breaking bad like we're led to believe at the end of DR 1, it's a good direction for Kris' character to take if he wants Kris to play the foil to Azzy in one way or another. The foil comes into play when one character's life is one that is going well and he's well-grounded; everything's working together well. But with Kris, on the other hand, with ripping out their very own soul and flashing red eyes, while dawning the knife... things are very ominous on Kris' end, on the other hand.

Sibling vs. sibling... one who takes an innocent path, while the other takes a dark path... it's a very neat foil to have. I think it would be cool if Azzy ends up being a boss fight for Kris. That would be neat. Or, have them play foil to each other at least. There are a lot of possibilities there, but the ones I named, I think have the most potential and make the most sense.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Just thinking about it now.

2020's GOTY nominees now has 4 Smash Bros characters in it (Villager, Isabelle, Cloud and Sephiroth), one potential could still happen (Doom Slayer) and one I'm betting will be one of the final extra spirit additions (Hades, if not something from the developers roster).

Man, I should get my ass off my laptop for a few hours.
Hades Zelgius Mii Fighter Costume.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
I’ve done this before... but **** it. I’ll do it again. Give me your ideal launch lineup for Game Boy/Color Online, Game Boy Advanced online, N64 Online, and GameCube Online. Heck, throw in the Virtual Boy too. Why not.
For the sake of my own sanity I'm only doing GB and N64, at least for now. 30 games for each since for whatever reason your question intitially registered as an NES Classic-type deal in my head but now I don't want to shrink the lists down

1. Super Mario Land
2. Super Mario Land 2
3. Tetris
4. Pokémon Red and Blue (counted as one game)
5. Dr. Mario
6. Yoshi
7. Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3
8. Kirby's Dream Land
9. Kirby's Dream Land 2
10. Donkey Kong Land
11. Donkey Kong Land 2
12. Donkey Kong Land 3
13. Donkey Kong '94
14. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
15. Golf
16. Tennis
17. Kirby's Pinball Land
18. Alleyway
19. Metroid 2: Return of Samus
20. Baseball
21. The Final Fantasy Legend
22. Mario Tennis
23. Game & Watch Gallery
24. Gargoyle's Quest
25. Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge
26. For the Frog the Bell Tolls
27. Kirby's Star Stacker
28. Mole Mania
29. Castlevania: The Adventure
30. Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters

1. Super Mario 64
2. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
3. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
4. Mario Kart 64
5. Banjo-Kazooie
6. Banjo-Tooie
7. Goldeneye 007
8. Mario Tennis 64
9. Donkey Kong 64
10. Perfect Dark
11. Paper Mario
12. Conker's Bad Fur Day
13. Diddy Kong Racing
14. Star Fox 64
15. Pokémon Snap
16. Pokémon Stadium
17. Pokémon Stadium 2
18. Pokémon Puzzle League
19. Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
20. Mario Party
21. Mario Party 2
22. Mario Party 3
23. Mario Golf
24. Super Smash Bros.
25. Yoshi's Story
26. Wave Race 64
27. Resident Evil 2
28. 1080 Snowboarding
29. F-Zero X
30. Bomberman 64

With GB I pretty much covered all the bases I wanted to cover and then some, and with N64 there's a few I wish I had managed to fit in there (Sin & Punishment, Mischief Makers and the rest of the N64 Bomberman games among others)

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
For the sake of my own sanity I'm only doing GB and N64, at least for now. 30 games for each since for whatever reason your question intitially registered as an NES Classic-type deal in my head but now I don't want to shrink the lists down

1. Super Mario Land
2. Super Mario Land 2
3. Tetris
4. Pokémon Red and Blue (counted as one game)
5. Dr. Mario
6. Yoshi
7. Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3
8. Kirby's Dream Land
9. Kirby's Dream Land 2
10. Donkey Kong Land
11. Donkey Kong Land 2
12. Donkey Kong Land 3
13. Donkey Kong '94
14. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
15. Golf
16. Tennis
17. Kirby's Pinball Land
18. Alleyway
19. Metroid 2: Return of Samus
20. Baseball
21. The Final Fantasy Legend
22. Mario Tennis
23. Game & Watch Gallery
24. Gargoyle's Quest
25. Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge
26. For the Frog the Bell Tolls
27. Kirby's Star Stacker
28. Mole Mania
29. Castlevania: The Adventure
30. Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters

1. Super Mario 64
2. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
3. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
4. Mario Kart 64
5. Banjo-Kazooie
6. Banjo-Tooie
7. Goldeneye 007
8. Mario Tennis 64
9. Donkey Kong 64
10. Perfect Dark
11. Paper Mario
12. Conker's Bad Fur Day
13. Diddy Kong Racing
14. Star Fox 64
15. Pokémon Snap
16. Pokémon Stadium
17. Pokémon Stadium 2
18. Pokémon Puzzle League
19. Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
20. Mario Party
21. Mario Party 2
22. Mario Party 3
23. Mario Golf
24. Super Smash Bros.
25. Yoshi's Story
26. Wave Race 64
27. Resident Evil 2
28. 1080 Snowboarding
29. F-Zero X
30. Bomberman 64

With GB I pretty much covered all the bases I wanted to cover and then some, and with N64 there's a few I wish I had managed to fit in there (Sin & Punishment, Mischief Makers and the rest of the N64 Bomberman games among others)
I don't think BOTH Pokemon Stadiums are necessary. You can replace 1 with S&P.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Now I need this badly

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
OK. I can't find any concrete information on this so I'm asking here. Does Picto-Chat 2 have all the possible layouts from Picto Chat 1?

Only the most important and hard hitting of questions right here!

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Imagine if ultimates newcomers got codec calls, and if Palutena's guidance covered DLC fighters.

"Be careful Snake! It's Sephiroth!"

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Now I need this badly
YES. PLEASE.

Another silly want of mine (which almost certainly won't happen for pacing reasons) is that I hope Sephiroth's Final Smash has an absurdly long animation just like in the game.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
This is true. He is only mentioned in passing, rather than being present. Although, if we look at game dialogue and the DR wiki, we can gather clues about who DR Azzy is, concerning personality...

-Azzy seems to be friendly with the townsfolk, and seems to be well-liked and popular, which is unlike Kris. This means unlike UT Azzy, DR Azzy isn't a controversial figure, but rather is well-liked all-around.
-He has trophies in his room. He's probably involved with sports or some kind of other extracurricular activity.
-He loves religious ska and was a part of the church choir, telling me that he was also beloved in his church community and loved attending services as well.
-He would take Kris out for hot chocolate after services on Sunday after Toriel and Asgore separated.
-He would carry Kris to school if Kris woke up late.
-He and Kris to be fans of Super Smash Bros. or at least the DR equivalent, called "Super Smashing Fighters".
-Catty seems to be very attacted to him, but he seems to be more neutral in turn.
-He's a college student, attending a university.

Knowing all of these facts, here's what we can gather about Azzy.
1. He's popular in general, meaning he has to be doing something right.
2. He's involved in extra-curriculars and seems to keep himself busy. He's not one to get bored.
3. He's clearly religious and actively involved in his church community before going off to college, meaning he has good rapport in more niche areas of the town as well.
4. He loves Kris a lot. Asriel is the big brother that Kris needed, taking care of them throughout all of their years growing up together.
5. He could be attracted to Catty, but isn't nearly as attracted to her as she is attracted to him. He's taking things slow, or is perhaps even neutral and sees her as "just a friend." This would show that he's not really invested in romance, or alternatively works through romantic situations carefully and slowly.
6. He's 18-22 in age.

While we don't know a LOT about Azzy, I would argue that we have at least a baseline to start out with. DR Azzy, as opposed to UT Azzy, isn't a character who's life is filled with tragedy like UT Azzy. Neither did he go through "resurrection no jutsu" and end up in an alternate body. Rather, he fills that "wholesome kid from up the street" trope who loves his family, God, and sports. There's still plenty of work that can be done with his character, and plenty of potential that I hope is fulfilled.

However, I will say, if Kris IS breaking bad like we're led to believe at the end of DR 1, it's a good direction for Kris' character to take if he wants Kris to play the foil to Azzy in one way or another. The foil comes into play when one character's life is one that is going well and he's well-grounded; everything's working together well. But with Kris, on the other hand, with ripping out their very own soul and flashing red eyes, while dawning the knife... things are very ominous on Kris' end, on the other hand.

Sibling vs. sibling... one who takes an innocent path, while the other takes a dark path... it's a very neat foil to have. I think it would be cool if Azzy ends up being a boss fight for Kris. That would be neat. Or, have them play foil to each other at least. There are a lot of possibilities there, but the ones I named, I think have the most potential and make the most sense.
While all those info give us clues, I can't help but feel like Asriel, when he come back in DT, is going to be quite different then what all the town folks & his family remember. Like he be more jaded or focused on different stuff that will be jarring for his friends, family & especially Kri.

Why I think this? Can't really say for sure, but the way so many character remember fondly Asriel & that he is now a adult, aswell as Ralsei filling the role of sweet goat child, feel like Toby is going to pull UNO REVERSE CARD on us when we least expect it. Tho, again, I can't say for sure, and I feel Ralsei could also hide more than he let on/be the twisty one, but it's hard to tell. (Flowey started as a fake ally who is actually a asshole who think it's kill or be killed in this world & can't feel empathy, then at the end, his visions of the wolrd was broken by us & he became guilty of his actions thanks to absorbing the souls for a short time he & tried to do as much good he could before he stay all alone to not hurt anyone else. So far, Ralsei started as being friendly & true ally , loving toward all, who think no one as to be killed or hurt to succeed at their goals to seal the fountain, but his almost near-death experience with the King - due to healing him without beign careful - kinda broke or at least made him see that, no, some problems can't be resolve by being always nice, for now, we don't know what will happen next, but I say it's worth keeping in mind)

That, and while you think Kris will become much more vilainous, I think that, while Kris will be not a great person by any mean (sound familiar?), I think their experience with Susie, Ralsei & later Noelle will make them a more friendly person of their own (as in, we don't force them to be good via The SOUL. Think like the moment where Kris protect Susie from the King attack on their own, without input from the player, after being badly injured due Ralsei mistake)

Again again, those are all just speculations, and Toby is one hell of a dog, who know what he got in mind.

TL:DR

WE NEED MORE DELTARUNE CONTENT, AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
YES. PLEASE.

Another silly want of mine (which almost certainly won't happen for pacing reasons) is that I hope Sephiroth's Final Smash has an absurdly long animation just like in the game.
Aw yes. With the planets animation.

Then the crackhead conspiracy theory videos will appear. "Does Smash Actually Take Place On Earth?!" Just for clickbait.

Hoping as well his victory theme will be One Winged Angel. Be a good exchange for no new music at least.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Off the top of my head, her kit was something like this:

Her Nair is pretty much just her FSmash but slightly weaker: She fires an arrow straight ahead.

DAir is a spear twirl that she does in the air, it's pretty good.

Can't remember what UAir is off the top of my head. I think it was like her Dair, but aiming upwards?

Bair is a back kick, while I think Fair uses the spear.

Her Side B is her leaping forward and throwing a boomerang underneath her. It leaves her in special fall state.

Up B is similar to Piranha Plant's: She swings a spear really fast and hovers with it. Changing direction won't tilt her, though.

I'm forgetting what Down-B is, I'll have to check that later.

Neutral B is a boomerang throw, it's kinda laggy, though.

That's what I remember the best. I'll go play as her again in training mode after I get some lunch and I'll let you know more specifics.
I see, I know Sticks has quite a few weapons to work with aside from her boomerang, like a crossbow, slingshot, nunchucks, bō staff, club, etc. If I was any good at Vs. Capcom/ASW style fighters, I’d come up with some detailed movesets for the characters in my Sonic Clash roster.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
This pic need more crabs dancing around Mario & Cloud.
powerful
Ive played Royal 3 times for a total of 600 hours played
I still haven't played the story for a 3rd time yet...saving it for New Years to kick things off with a very sexy yet spooky and phantomy bang

and this time I'm gonna date Takemi for the first time across both 5s
This really is so true:
Smash continues to create a new norm. Game continues to add in someone I may know...but still sneak in someone I won't know (looking at you :ultrichter::ult_terry:)
Just found out Pixar is mking a Buzz lightyear movie.

Does anyone want to tell them they already did this?
unless you mean one of the movies, he only got a show

and besides...this will be the real Buzz and how he became a Captain America

Reactions: Z25

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
powerful

I still haven't played the story for a 3rd time yet...saving it for New Years to kick things off with a very sexy yet spooky and phantomy bang

and this time I'm gonna date Takemi for the first time across both 5s

Smash continues to create a new norm. Game continues to add in someone I may know...but still sneak in someone I won't know (looking at you :ultrichter::ult_terry:)

unless you mean one of the movies, he only got a show

and besides...this will be the real Buzz and how he became a Captain America
The pilot episode of the show was a direct to dvd film

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I see, I know Sticks has quite a few weapons to work with aside from her boomerang, like a crossbow, slingshot, nunchucks, bō staff, club, etc. If I was any good at Vs. Capcom/ASW style fighters, I’d come up with some detailed movesets for the characters in my Sonic Clash roster.
Yeah, after playing her again here, she pretty much exclusively uses a bow and spear. She has a few kicks in her moveset as well, but it's pretty much all based around the boomerang and spear.

Also, I found out her DAir is spammable 'cause it has like, zero endlag, so that's fun. :nifty:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Warchamp7 Warchamp7 so when we getting Premium post BGs for Shirtless Sephiroth (def not bc i wanna simp or something nope) and School Uniform Joker (if it hasn't been added already which I imagine not)?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
do we have Ultimate!AC Cloud as a post BG too? I know we do for 4

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Think I might go to bed early. Feels like I've been messing up relationships the past few days and got a pretty busy day tomorrow that involves buying stuff on my parents behalf and making phone calls. Sucks when you're the only sibling that isn't desperate to stay indoors.

Wademan94 Wademan94 still might post what I have done on the Discord if you want or you want me to read anything from your side. Gonna try and start really doing more stuff. Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs you as well if you're still creative writing, be interested in anything new you have written recently.

Regardless probably speak in the morning unless I can't sleep.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
YES. PLEASE.

They should go farther. Instead of him destroying the planets of the Solar System, he should destroy each one of the worlds from different Nintendo franchises such as Zebes and Venom.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
People on Twitter are really arguing whether or not Steve is more iconic than Sephiroth, and it's probably the biggest Boomer vs. Zoomer debate I seen the Smash community in that wasn't Banjo vs. Steve
I think both are iconic.

The people arguing Steve isn’t iconic at all, though, just his game...seriously? He may just be your avatar in the main game itself, but he’s his own character in official media and fanworks, and is literally the face of the game alongside Alex and the Creeper, and has been since the early days...like, many people young and old know who he is and like or love him...

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I think both are iconic.

The people arguing Steve isn’t iconic at all, though, just his game...seriously? He may just be your avatar in the main game itself, but he’s his own character in official media and fanworks, and is literally the face of the game alongside Alex and the Creeper, and has been since the early days...like, many people young and old know who he is and like or love him...
The arguments just boil down to Steve isn't a character vs. Sephiroth isn't recognizable because FF7 is old.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I'm ready to change my profile picture and I'm too committed with keeping padoru as my pic until Christmas so I don't want to change it.

Oof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom