• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Sigh, it's that time of the day again.
I feel very... Isolated. Like, yes, we're in a pandemic. But I feel isolated even in here. Like, I feel like I am too different for all of you, and I'm worried I don't conform here. As a result, I feel like I make people in here uncomfortable, and I feel like some even still have a grudge after what I have done. I feel like people like to dunk on me sometimes too. Not saying all of you are the wrong ones, far from it. But what do I do to be a better person? I am now in therapy again. And I'm aware that many don't care, which is fine. The people that do care... I am questioning things. It's not just here it is a problem, it is everywhere online. Like I remember being called a troll, or some evil manipulative supervillain that is trying to cause drama whenever I step. I admit I like attention, but I'm not a horrible person... Am I?

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Very, very interesting...
What do you two think?
The Gaster stuff is interesting; I remember when Deltarune was about to release on Halloween 2018, Toby Fox or the Undertale Twitter or whatever started teasing it with messages in all-caps (before we knew what it actually was iirc), just like Gaster’s all-capitals wingdings. They may have also referenced “dark, darker yet darker” but I’m not sure.

As for the Chara and Asriel art, I really like it and wish we could’ve seen more of them together, but what we got ingame and what is implied through dialogue is still very good.

It also makes me happy since this could potentially confirm Chara isn’t some psychopathic, evil mastermind some people make them out to be; ingame stuff seems to imply they aren’t anyway, imo. Yeah, they aren’t the greatest person, that doesn’t mean they’re out for blood/dust ._. They’re only the way they are in the Genocide ending because of what you do, since they (and I guess Frisk) are tied to you in someway (assuming so, since you name them and control Frisk); they themself say it was you, too.

of course if people want to portray Evil Chara or whatever they want, that’s ok, and some silly artwork of Evil Chara is kinda cool/funny, it just doesn’t seem to make sense for them to be the only actually evil character in the game’s canon imo especially considering other stuff in the game related to them and also the narration.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The Gaster stuff is interesting; I remember when Deltarune was about to release on Halloween 2018, Toby Fox or the Undertale Twitter or whatever started teasing it with messages in all-caps (before we knew what it actually was iirc), just like Gaster’s all-capitals wingdings. They may have also referenced “dark, darker yet darker” but I’m not sure.

As for the Chara and Asriel art, I really like it and wish we could’ve seen more of them together, but what we got ingame and what is implied through dialogue is still very good.

It also makes me happy since this could potentially confirm Chara isn’t some psychopathic, evil mastermind some people make them out to be; ingame stuff seems to imply they aren’t anyway, imo. Yeah, they aren’t the greatest person, that doesn’t mean they’re out for blood/dust ._. They’re only the way they are in the Genocide ending because of what you do, since they (and I guess Frisk) are tied to you in someway (assuming so, since you name them and control Frisk); they themself say it was you, too.

of course if people want to portray Evil Chara or whatever they want, that’s ok, and some silly artwork of Evil Chara is kinda cool/funny, it just doesn’t seem to make sense for them to be the only actually evil character in the game’s canon imo especially considering other stuff in the game related to them and also the narration.
Narrator! Chara is best Chara.

Just spittin' facts here.

D

Deleted member

I think there is hope for Metroid Prime 4. Everyone memed about how SMTV was dead, but then boom, a random direct came, and now SMTV is guaranteed to have a release date.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Narrator! Chara is best Chara.

Just spittin' facts here.
I personally believe that theory, since I don’t see why Genocide would be the only route they narrate, which they start doing in the Ruins even. There’s also white text that appears to be Chara’s reaction or thoughts of something, and not just red text; some Pacifist text also sounds like it’s coming from an actual second person, and of course there’s the sequences where Frisk seems to somehow receive a memory of Chara’s.

so basically, I agree :p

D

Deleted member

So in the remaining Deltarune chapters, we will most likely learn more about Gaster, right?

This will be very, very interesting...

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I personally believe that theory, since I don’t see why Genocide would be the only route they narrate, which they start doing in the Ruins even. There’s also white text that appears to be Chara’s reaction or thoughts of something, and not just red text; some Pacifist text also sounds like it’s coming from an actual second person, and of course there’s the sequences where Frisk seems to somehow receive a memory of Chara’s.

so basically, I agree :p
Yeah, that, and it just make Chara a much more interesting character than just "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL...................." for the sake of it.

Of course, it's not 100% clear if it's truly Chara or not that is narrating in all routes, as some details are a bit fuzy, but I like this theory so much that I just take it as headcanon.

Hope Deltarune can reveal some info that help us clear some details on Chara/Gaster. (Gaster is a given, buuuut you never know what Toby as in store for us)

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Sigh, it's that time of the day again.
I feel very... Isolated. Like, yes, we're in a pandemic. But I feel isolated even in here. Like, I feel like I am too different for all of you, and I'm worried I don't conform here. As a result, I feel like I make people in here uncomfortable, and I feel like some even still have a grudge after what I have done. I feel like people like to dunk on me sometimes too. Not saying all of you are the wrong ones, far from it. But what do I do to be a better person? I am now in therapy again. And I'm aware that many don't care, which is fine. The people that do care... I am questioning things. It's not just here it is a problem, it is everywhere online. Like I remember being called a troll, or some evil manipulative supervillain that is trying to cause drama whenever I step. I admit I like attention, but I'm not a horrible person... Am I?
If you don't mind me saying, while I do like you Shiny, the fact you're basically married to politics and feel the need necessary to insert them wherever you can is, frankly, exhausting at times. We just got over a very long, tiresome election and are still stuck with the primo cheeto for a couple more weeks and hearing him babble on incessantly about fraud, so forgive someone like me, who basically comes here to unwind and relax with my friends, for groaning pretty hard when you start up on politics. There are people who just don't want to discuss politics all the time, especially in a dedicated ****post thread, you know? Doubly so on a website dedicated to a children's party game.

This is a bit of a double edged sword for you as well, since while you are VERY smart politically, I cannot deny that, the issue is you tend to be blind to the meaning behind certain topics and jump headfirst into things without actually taking a step back and thinking. Remember just last week where you were completely off base when I was talking to Snake and kinda compared me to someone who'd be okay with genocide when the topic was about comic books and video games?

Taking a step back and reading more than a surface analysis of a situation would go a long, long way, and frankly, we really don't need constant reminders about who's good and who's bad in politics, that's why the political discussion thread exists.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I think there is hope for Metroid Prime 4. Everyone memed about how SMTV was dead, but then boom, a random direct came, and now SMTV is guaranteed to have a release date.
Do people really believe that? We keep getting hires from these massive games like COD, mass effect( I think)? Etc. they are picking a lot of talent up for this so it’s clearly still being worked on:

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
"SMT dead" was always a stupid meme because ATLUS confirmed that the development was going smoothly just at the start of this year. Not to mention a few years of a wait isn't that unusual when a relatively small company is making the jump from 3DS games to HD.

From what I understand, Prime 4's situation is a little more complicated but it's definitely not dead.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If you don't mind me saying, while I do like you Shiny, the fact you're basically married to politics and feel the need necessary to insert them wherever you can is, frankly, exhausting at times. We just got over a very long, tiresome election and are still stuck with the primo cheeto for a couple more weeks and hearing him babble on incessantly about fraud, so forgive someone like me, who basically comes here to unwind and relax with my friends, for groaning pretty hard when you start up on politics. There are people who just don't want to discuss politics all the time, especially in a dedicated ****post thread, you know? Doubly so on a website dedicated to a children's party game.

This is a bit of a double edged sword for you as well, since while you are VERY smart politically, I cannot deny that, the issue is you tend to be blind to the meaning behind certain topics and jump headfirst into things without actually taking a step back and thinking. Remember just last week where you were completely off base when I was talking to Snake and kinda compared me to someone who'd be okay with genocide when the topic was about comic books and video games?

Taking a step back and reading more than a surface analysis of a situation would go a long, long way, and frankly, we really don't need constant reminders about who's good and who's bad in politics, that's why the political discussion thread exists.
Okay, look, let me explain. I only get involved politically when a political debate is occuring in the thread. Rarely, it is me that starts the debates. Yeah, I know I am married to politics. I have a life besides it too of course, and I have hobbies. But the issue is that it's kind of hard to ignore politics, when they affect your everyday life. I am not saying you have to notice politics all the time, but for a person like me, after what I have seen with the world, I feel like it's impossible to just turn back and go to sleep.

This second part frustrates me. And yeah, I admit I can be a bit dumb and jump headfirst into things. But honestly, you're just doing the whole "SHINY THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK!" argument. I literally do that. I feel like its expected for me to be perfect and to never make mistakes, and it's so frustrating. No, of course I am going to make silly mistakes over and over. I actually do think a lot about these posts. I put in so much effort to getting my point across at times too. I care. I'm tired of just constantly being drilled "SHINY THINK BEFORE YOU POST!" by everyone. I GET IT. I heard this for years by many different people online. I have it drilled to the inner core of my brain. I do think. Okay? Sorry if I sound a bit aggressive, but there is a lot more to me than just, "Think and you will prosper!"

D

Deleted member

"SMT dead" was always a stupid meme because ATLUS confirmed that the development was going smoothly just at the start of this year. Not to mention a few years of a wait isn't that unusual when a relatively small company is making the jump from 3DS games to HD.

From what I understand, Prime 4's situation is a little more complicated but it's definitely not dead.
You know, I told everyone that SMTV was not dead.

And I was correct. My reward is... Nothing.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Wait, if “angel” in Undertale was referring to either Frisk or Asriel (maaaaybe Chara but that’s probably a stretch), could it be the same or similar in Deltarune?

Maybe Kris or Asriel...?

idk I guess it’s too early to speculate much.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I start by saying I got tested negative for Covid a couple days ago, and I went back to work today. So that's good news.

Anyway today I took a Lyft home, but on the way back I had a conversation with my driver about life during Covid. It was a really basic conversation where he did most of the talking and I just agreed with what he said, but it went pretty well. The thing is that I have terrible social anxiety and I usually struggle to talk with people without freezing up or choking on my own words, so having a normal conversation with a stranger is actually a huge deal for me. It was a nice way to end what was otherwise a pretty underwhelming day.

I left him a larger tip then I normally would. He probably didn't even realize a little conversation like that is such a big deal to me but I felt like I owed it to him. Now if only I could get to the point where I could comfortably make light conversation with my coworkers...

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Okay, look, let me explain. I only get involved politically when a political debate is occuring in the thread. Rarely, it is me that starts the debates. Yeah, I know I am married to politics. I have a life besides it too of course, and I have hobbies. But the issue is that it's kind of hard to ignore politics, when they affect your everyday life. I am not saying you have to notice politics all the time, but for a person like me, after what I have seen with the world, I feel like it's impossible to just turn back and go to sleep.

This second part frustrates me. And yeah, I admit I can be a bit dumb and jump headfirst into things. But honestly, you're just doing the whole "SHINY THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK!" argument. I literally do that. I feel like its expected for me to be perfect and to never make mistakes, and it's so frustrating. No, of course I am going to make silly mistakes over and over. I actually do think a lot about these posts. I put in so much effort to getting my point across at times too. I care. I'm tired of just constantly being drilled "SHINY THINK BEFORE YOU POST!" by everyone. I GET IT. I heard this for years by many different people online. I have it drilled to the inner core of my brain. I do think. Okay? Sorry if I sound a bit aggressive, but there is a lot more to me than just, "Think and you will prosper!"
For your first point, I'm gonna say you're too invested. Your avatar's political, your user data's political, your signature is political, like, I think it's great for you to stand up for what you believe in, ya know, but at the same time, no, it's really, really not hard to ignore politics. Like, maybe it's just because I've grown up, and still live, in a very, very small town, but aside from the mask mandates, I can pretty much say that politics have rarely ever effected me(Outside of like, tax stuff or new roads being made/schools being opened). I can say that propaganda is spread like crazy here, no doubt, you see it on billboards, on tv, on bumper stickers, but aside from say, higher/lower taxes or some things being more/less expensive, I can kind of say, no, you actually can, and frankly put, everything seems a million times worse than it actually is if you spend all your time online and looking for it. Despite my town being DEEP red, there was... honestly nothing when Trump lost. That's not to say that there aren't any riots at all, I remember very clearly there was a huge BLM riot in Seattle back during the George Floyd stuff, but the country didn't go to civil war like soo many people were doomsaying, and honestly, aside from the garbage bins being full of Trump signs, not a lot happened.

And I mean, I can't say much for the 2nd point. Like I said before, context is key, but I think "Silly mistake" is a bit scapegoating the issue when you kinda, ya know.... compared me to someone who'd be okay with genocide...? Over a discussion about comic books and video games? Just throwing out that that's not really a 'silly mistake' anymore.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Wait, if “angel” in Undertale was referring to either Frisk or Asriel, could it be the same or similar in Deltarune?
For UT, I think the angel can refer to a pacifist Frisk, a genocide one or Asriel, but there isn't a definitive answer.

For DT tho, who the heck know at that point, we have too little info to give a good guess.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Wait, if “angel” in Undertale was referring to either Frisk or Asriel (maaaaybe Chara but that’s probably a stretch), could it be the same or similar in Deltarune?

Maybe Kris or Asriel...?

idk I guess it’s too early to speculate much.
I think its Asriel. Kris is one of the three heroes, and the quote implied that they were banishing the Angel's Heaven.

Asriel created Deltarune, to escape Undertale. In this world, the monsters are free, and he is alive with his family, albeit grown up in Chapter 1.

I'll put some more thought into this later. I'm tired.

D

Deleted member

For your first point, I'm gonna say you're too invested. Your avatar's political, your user data's political, your signature is political, like, I think it's great for you to stand up for what you believe in, ya know, but at the same time, no, it's really, really not hard to ignore politics. Like, maybe it's just because I've grown up, and still live, in a very, very small town, but aside from the mask mandates, I can pretty much say that politics have rarely ever effected me(Outside of like, tax stuff or new roads being made/schools being opened). I can say that propaganda is spread like crazy here, no doubt, you see it on billboards, on tv, on bumper stickers, but aside from say, higher/lower taxes or some things being more/less expensive, I can kind of say, no, you actually can, and frankly put, everything seems a million times worse than it actually is if you spend all your time online and looking for it. Despite my town being DEEP red, there was... honestly nothing when Trump lost. That's not to say that there aren't any riots at all, I remember very clearly there was a huge BLM riot in Seattle back during the George Floyd stuff, but the country didn't go to civil war like soo many people were doomsaying, and honestly, aside from the garbage bins being full of Trump signs, not a lot happened.

And I mean, I can't say much for the 2nd point. Like I said before, context is key, but I think "Silly mistake" is a bit scapegoating the issue when you kinda, ya know.... compared me to someone who'd be okay with genocide...? Over a discussion about comic books and video games? Just throwing out that that's not really a 'silly mistake' anymore.
SmashBoards isn't the only life I have. I talk to more people than just all of you. No seriously, my school profile for example, is completely nonpolitical. I have a lot of hobbies, like playing games, learning about history and astronomy, writing ideas, and more. I plan to even read and study new languages. As for me, I feel like politics affects my everyday life. Like in one signing of a bill, the government could easily roll back LGBTQ+ rights. The system is crumbling before our eyes. It's like a sinking ship. I mean for crying out loud, everything isn't fine. We're still in a pandemic, and the issues that plague us for CENTURIES are present, and are getting worse. Not saying you can never relax. Relaxation is important, and it is good if you do it a lot. But just telling me to ignore politics and to go to sleep feels wrong. I admit I may be a bit enthusiastic about politics. Yes, I have a Marx avatar. But it is kind of like personal opinion. Like, you would tolerate it if some weeb had an avatar, signature, ID, and more off an anime they loved, right? Why not me? If you hate politics, that's completely fine. If you can't stand it, then you can just block me. Just because a lot didn't happened where you live, does not make you immune to other issues, too. Be weary of life. And I'm not the only user who likes politics a lot. There are many users who like politics. In fact, I can name a few people in here that are quite political themselves. Like I said, it's just personal opinion.

The second point, yes, it was a dumb mistake. I apologize for that. And honestly, it didn't help that there were TWO discussions going on at once. Snake was discussing video games, and some other people were discussing racism. I admit I poorly misread that. Yes, I need to read better. But I am improving ,and I am trying. It is not like I am just tuning off all of your arguments and going to sleep. No. I am trying to set my path towards improvement, and I have been doing that for years. I'm not the same ShinyLegendary that deleted her account over a year ago. I learned a lot of harsh lessons when I was gone from SmashBoards. I am not perfect though, and yes, I have much to learn. But I feel like some paint me as some monstrous villain. Like I remember one user claimed I was a troll, and some other claimed I was a manipulative puppet master ruining SmashBoards. It frustrates me.

Edit: I just want to add one more little thing. If it wasn't for me getting into leftist politics, I could have been a much, much worse person.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I know I should be talking about Persona 5 Strikers, but Euphoria released their first special on HBO Max tonight...and my god does it hit hard

if you want you can ignore what I say, but if any of y’all know people who have issues with drug addiction (or if you have an addiction yourself), I definitely recommend watching the episode. Despite not having or knowing anyone with being unable to stop, this episode would definitely help understand the struggles.

if anyone find this to be a touchy subject I apologize, but I just want y’all who might read this to know about it

Shroob

Sup?
SmashBoards isn't the only life I have. I talk to more people than just all of you. No seriously, my school profile for example, is completely nonpolitical. I have a lot of hobbies, like playing games, learning about history and astronomy, writing ideas, and more. I plan to even read and study new languages. As for me, I feel like politics affects my everyday life. Like in one signing of a bill, the government could easily roll back LGBTQ+ rights. The system is crumbling before our eyes. It's like a sinking ship. I mean for crying out loud, everything isn't fine. We're still in a pandemic, and the issues that plague us for CENTURIES are present, and are getting worse. Not saying you can never relax. Relaxation is important, and it is good if you do it a lot. But just telling me to ignore politics and to go to sleep feels wrong. I admit I may be a bit enthusiastic about politics. Yes, I have a Marx avatar. But it is kind of like personal opinion. Like, you would tolerate it if some weeb had an avatar, signature, ID, and more off an anime they loved, right? Why not me? If you hate politics, that's completely fine. If you can't stand it, then you can just block me. Just because a lot didn't happened where you live, does not make you immune to other issues, too. Be weary of life. And I'm not the only user who likes politics a lot. There are many users who like politics. In fact, I can name a few people in here that are quite political themselves. Like I said, it's just personal opinion.

The second point, yes, it was a dumb mistake. I apologize for that. And honestly, it didn't help that there were TWO discussions going on at once. Snake was discussing video games, and some other people were discussing racism. I admit I poorly misread that. Yes, I need to read better. But I am improving ,and I am trying. It is not like I am just tuning off all of your arguments and going to sleep. No. I am trying to set my path towards improvement, and I have been doing that for years. I'm not the same ShinyLegendary that deleted her account over a year ago. I learned a lot of harsh lessons when I was gone from SmashBoards. I am not perfect though, and yes, I have much to learn. But I feel like some paint me as some monstrous villain. Like I remember one user claimed I was a troll, and some other claimed I was a manipulative puppet master ruining SmashBoards. It frustrates me.
I mean, I gotta say, and this'll be the only thing I really have else to add to the first part, but do you think that the best place to discuss these kinda topics, is on a thread dedicated to ****posting about a kid's party game? Like, if this were Reddit, Twitter, or other social media, I'd get it, but we 'do' have a Politic thread, and if you want to reach a wider audience, which I'm sure you do, I mean, we have like, 20 people who are regulars here, I think there comes a time where you'd hit a road block in reaching new eyes lol. Maybe I'm just off base, but I kinda think a board where people just kinda... goof off 24/7 is an odd place to get all deeply political, you know? Not saying it's unwelcome, but I feel like there's a time and place for everything, especially when there's a dedicated thread for the topic open at all times.

I don't think anyone thinks of you as a troll or 'manipulative puppet master'. I think people were a bit weirded out when you had your big Russian stint back in....2019?, especially right when that was the height of the whole Russian Facebook scandal(iirc), but that was then, this is now. I think, like I said soo often back then, that you worry too much about trying to fit in that your own worry makes you feel uncomfortable.

Like, look at someone like Bakugan(No offense at all to him), I don't think a whole lot of people really care about the Vanguard card game, but he still posts it all the time, and he really... doesn't seem to mind how bad he sticks out?

I 100% get what you mean about that feeling of 'not fitting in', my Granblue guild is full of people who I don't click with at all so I feel like an oddball and the 'different' guy of the group, but at the same time, I either just kinda, ignore them or just post silly joke posts. I guess this is just a 'me' thing, but even if I feel like I stick out, I doubt other people really care that I do. I know for a fact that, even if you think you stick out, I don't mind, and I'm pretty sure most people here don't mind your presence one bit. We're a tight knit community, we're all friends with one another.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Recently got a physical copy of Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid on Switch.

Fun game. I hope as part of the DLC, they add in the best Power Ranger...
Screenshot (137).png

D

Deleted member

I am sure you are done with this, so I will make my last response to this debate.
I mean, I gotta say, and this'll be the only thing I really have else to add to the first part, but do you think that the best place to discuss these kinda topics, is on a thread dedicated to ****posting about a kid's party game? Like, if this were Reddit, Twitter, or other social media, I'd get it, but we 'do' have a Politic thread, and if you want to reach a wider audience, which I'm sure you do, I mean, we have like, 20 people who are regulars here, I think there comes a time where you'd hit a road block in reaching new eyes lol. Maybe I'm just off base, but I kinda think a board where people just kinda... goof off 24/7 is an odd place to get all deeply political, you know? Not saying it's unwelcome, but I feel like there's a time and place for everything, especially when there's a dedicated thread for the topic open at all times.
Like, look at someone like Bakugan(No offense at all to him), I don't think a whole lot of people really care about the Vanguard card game, but he still posts it all the time, and he really... doesn't seem to mind how bad he sticks out?
Shroob... It is not like I shove politics down everyone's throat. It is not like I am saying, "STAN KARL MARX!!!" or "THE STATE IS COUNTER-REVOLUTIONARY!" every day. I only make political posts when everyone already has a political discussion. It's just my avatar, signature, and ID that is politica. Like I said, there are users in here that are political too. And SmashBoards isn't the only place I go to, far from it. Also, apparently having my avatar as Karl Marx is "deeply political". It's just a joke too. I'm going to change it when Christmas ends. In fact, this is probably the only political avatar I have had in here ever. And this is a social thread, Shroob. Its not like we have to discuss Smash 24/7. We discuss other things. There are users in here that bring up frustrations, for example. Even you joke about simping for some female characters. Not saying that is wrong, but let me do my own thing too. Its not harming anyone. And I feel like as long as I do not start a political debate, it is fine. Like I said for the tenth time, I only post politically when everyone gets in a political debate, or when it is extremely serious. Yeah, I admit I like politics a lot, but it's not like I'm constantly discussing political theory every single day in here.

I don't think anyone thinks of you as a troll or 'manipulative puppet master'. I think people were a bit weirded out when you had your big Russian stint back in....2019?, especially right when that was the height of the whole Russian Facebook scandal(iirc), but that was then, this is now. I think, like I said soo often back then, that you worry too much about trying to fit in that your own worry makes you feel uncomfortable.
No, it's not just that. It is worse. I will say all of you are very kind. Like now I'm no longer as much of a crybaby, and if you want to block me, feel free to do so. But man, the harassment I have received from past users was immense. Like an old social regular who no longer posts here literally threatened to strangle me. I admit I did very dumb stuff in the past, but I don't think it justifies threats. In fact, there were users that yelled at me for pages, and they did make these claims that I was a troll and a manipulative puppet way before the Russian stuff. It was brutal. In fact, at one point, HALF of the thread blocked me. This was old times. Most of the old users are no longer active. Also, do I really fit in? Why is it always me that gets attacked for making a wrong claim about a video game. Like when I made that post about Mario not having story, someone said that I was being "too extreme". When I made a fun little prank, a user that wasn't the victim of the prank got pretty irritated at me. But when all of you prank, it's a funny moment. Like I feel like its always me that makes the "bad" mistakes. I admit I am not perfect, far from it. In fact, I would say that all of you have been really kind, and I deserve to apologize for my past-self. But I still feel a bit isolated. Could just be me overreacting, but that's what I do best, sadly.

I 100% get what you mean about that feeling of 'not fitting in', my Granblue guild is full of people who I don't click with at all so I feel like an oddball and the 'different' guy of the group, but at the same time, I either just kinda, ignore them or just post silly joke posts. I guess this is just a 'me' thing, but even if I feel like I stick out, I doubt other people really care that I do. I know for a fact that, even if you think you stick out, I don't mind, and I'm pretty sure most people here don't mind your presence one bit. We're a tight knit community, we're all friends with one another.
Aww Shroob, I do agree. We are a pretty close community. But back then, people HATED my guts, so, it is difficult for my mind to adapt after the past social threads and the drama that occured here. But yeah, I think there has been a LOT less drama. We have gotten along extremely well. I could just be childish, I do not know.

Thank you for responding to these posts, Shroob. It really shows that you do care deeply. 😄

Shroob

Sup?
I am sure you are done with this, so I will make my last response to this debate.

Shroob... It is not like I shove politics down everyone's throat. It is not like I am saying, "STAN KARL MARX!!!" or "THE STATE IS COUNTER-REVOLUTIONARY!" every day. I only make political posts when everyone already has a political discussion. It's just my avatar, signature, and ID that is politica. Like I said, there are users in here that are political too. And SmashBoards isn't the only place I go to, far from it. Also, apparently having my avatar as Karl Marx is "deeply political". It's just a joke too. I'm going to change it when Christmas ends. In fact, this is probably the only political avatar I have had in here ever. And this is a social thread, Shroob. Its not like we have to discuss Smash 24/7. We discuss other things. There are users in here that bring up frustrations, for example. Even you joke about simping for some female characters. Not saying that is wrong, but let me do my own thing too. Its not harming anyone. And I feel like as long as I do not start a political debate, it is fine. Like I said for the tenth time, I only post politically when everyone gets in a political debate, or when it is extremely serious. Yeah, I admit I like politics a lot, but it's not like I'm constantly discussing political theory every single day in here.

No, it's not just that. It is worse. I will say all of you are very kind. Like now I'm no longer as much of a crybaby, and if you want to block me, feel free to do so. But man, the harassment I have received from past users was immense. Like an old social regular who no longer posts here literally threatened to strangle me. I admit I did very dumb stuff in the past, but I don't think it justifies threats. In fact, there were users that yelled at me for pages, and they did make these claims that I was a troll and a manipulative puppet way before the Russian stuff. It was brutal. In fact, at one point, HALF of the thread blocked me. This was old times. Most of the old users are no longer active. Also, do I really fit in? Why is it always me that gets attacked for making a wrong claim about a video game. Like when I made that post about Mario not having story, someone said that I was being "too extreme". When I made a fun little prank, a user that wasn't the victim of the prank got pretty irritated at me. But when all of you prank, it's a funny moment. Like I feel like its always me that makes the "bad" mistakes. I admit I am not perfect, far from it. In fact, I would say that all of you have been really kind, and I deserve to apologize for my past-self. But I still feel a bit isolated. Could just be me overreacting, but that's what I do best, sadly.

Aww Shroob, I do agree. We are a pretty close community. But back then, people HATED my guts, so, it is difficult for my mind to adapt after the past social threads and the drama that occured here. But yeah, I think there has been a LOT less drama. We have gotten along pretty well. I could just be childish, I do not know.

Thank you for responding to these posts, Shroob. It really shows that you do care deeply. 😄
I got nothin' more to add to the first part, so I'll just say:

The past is the past, I don't think anyone here, even the old timers, remember anything you did, you, or JDcabrera for that matter, need to stop beating yourselves up over stuff that happened in the past lol. We don't care, you're both cool.

I also feel like, ya gotta remember, I don't think anyone's attacking you or being hostile right now, Nor are you shamed for 'jokes'. Hell, a lot of your ****posts have been getting a ton of likes, that should tell ya you're funny. Heck, I don't think anyone's asking you to be perfect either. I'm a 30(soon) year old man who's never held a job for longer than a week with half his face mashed in due to an accident, you think I hope people think I'm perfect? lol, nah mate. If people are asking you to be perfect here, we'll be the first to give 'em hell. We've done it for Snake when people have been ****ty towards her, you can bet we'd do the same for you.

Like, look at Snake for example and how often this thread goes to war with her over a hot take of hers... but at the end of the day, even if we disagree with her opinion, she's still our friend, and she knows that, friends have disagreements, friends fight, but at the end of the day, your friends are still your friends, you know?

D

Deleted member

who's never held a job for longer than a week with half his face mashed in due to an accident, you think I hope people think I'm perfect?
Okay, I know my last post should have been my last response, but...

I'm really sorry to hear that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom