• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Given this recent trend of old franchises coming back, the following I'd love to see are whether revived or rebooted.

-Beast Wars (Imagine this with today's CGI)
-Darkstalkers
-Godzilla: The Animated Series
-Lost Tapes (NetFlix needs to purchase the rights, also bigger budget meaning better acting, better CGI/costumes/practical effects and focusing on more cryptids and mythical creatures/beings outside of the US)
-The Angry Beavers (Especially given rumors being titled ReSpooted)
-War of the Monsters

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Given this recent trend of old franchises coming back, the following I'd love to see are whether revived or rebooted.

-Darkstalkers
-Lost Tapes (NetFlix needs to purchase the rights, also bigger budget meaning better acting, better CGI/costumes/practical effects and focusing on more cryptids and mythical creatures/beings outside of the US)
-War of the Monsters
For me, I would go with:
-Same with Lost Tapes
-Wario Land series (Would be cool to have Waluigi in this)
-Yoshi's Island series (Not the Arts and Crafts one, the one with babies)
-The Godzilla Pipeworks Trilogy (A successor to the 3 games with Monsterverse kaiju would be cool)
-A third game for Tony Hawk's Underground
-A sequel to Rabbids Go Home (Loved playing that so much long time ago!)
-System Shock (That first person horror game thing where it takes place on a space station)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Tbh, I've been neglecting it too. Mostly because of school stuff, and TF2 has been eating up way more free time than i thought.

But in comparison, if you want a taste on how an full fledged Open World Pokemon game would feel, this is it. There's so much to do, so much to explore and find, almost every corner of the map has something fun to enjoy. It's the best Gen 8 has to offer, by a long shot.
Been switching between Overwatch and TF2 in my free time, myself. Mixing some Among Us rounds here and there as well.

I like the sound of that. Pokemon can only go up from here if that's really true.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Been switching between Overwatch and TF2 in my free time, myself. Mixing some Among Us rounds here and there as well.

I like the sound of that. Pokemon can only go up from here if that's really true.
Yeah, I didn't think I'd fall in love with Tf2 like that.

I'd agree, but this is Pokemon we're talking about, where every new gen is a buttclencher in terms of the quality.

I don't think it could get lower than SwSh though.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
OH WOW THE INFINIPOST IS NOW TRIMMED SO THAT IT IS KNOWN THAT UNDERTAKER IS MISSED

ALSO IDK WHY I HAVE LEFT THIS COMMENT ALL CAPPED

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
For me, I would go with:
-Same with Lost Tapes
-Wario Land series (Would be cool to have Waluigi in this)
-Yoshi's Island series (Not the Arts and Crafts one, the one with babies)
-The Godzilla Pipeworks Trilogy (A successor to the 3 games with Monsterverse kaiju would be cool)
-A third game for Tony Hawk's Underground
-A sequel to Rabbids Go Home (Loved playing that so much long time ago!)
-System Shock (That first person horror game thing where it takes place on a space station)
A few others of mine as well I forgot to list.

-Extreme Dinosaurs
-Kong: The Animated Series
-Prehistoric Park
-Primeval
-Street Sharks

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
A few others of mine as well I forgot to list.

-Extreme Dinosaurs
-Kong: The Animated Series
-Prehistoric Park
-Primeval
-Street Sharks
Is Primeval the one where they have prehistoric creatures and extraterrestrial beings from the past and future coming out of portals into our world, the modern day?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Is Primeval the one where they have prehistoric creatures and extraterrestrial beings from the past and future coming out of portals into our world, the modern day?
Yes.

Also, I don't recall there being extraterrestrial beings in the series.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Oh yeah I remembered when that thing and a Gorgonopsid fought each other!
That was a cool fight.

I'd love for a spin-off of Primeval revolving around said prehistoric and future animals in the past having inspired mythical creatures.

One episode I'd love to see is a carnotaurus appearing in ancient Greece leading to the Minotaur legend.

Or a Amphyicon, hyaeodon or andrewsarchus in 18th century France as the Beast of Gevaudan.

Also, Camouflage Beasts inspiring the stories and legends of gremlins and goblins notably the Kelly–Hopkinsville encounter in 1955.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
That was a cool fight.

I'd love for a spin-off of Primeval revolving around said prehistoric and future animals in the past having inspired mythical creatures.

One episode I'd love to see is a carnotaurus appearing in ancient Greece leading to the Minotaur legend.

Or a Amphyicon, hyaeodon or andrewsarchus in 18th century France as the Beast of Gevaudan.

Also, Camouflage Beasts inspiring the stories and legends of gremlins and goblins notably the Kelly–Hopkinsville encounter in 1955.
How about a Mosasaurus which inspires the stories and myths of sea serpents and the Leviathan from the Bible?

A T-Rex in the past of Australian's Outback leading to the Burrunjor cryptid?

The Quetzalcoatlus, the biggest flying animal terrorising the town of Van Meter which inspires the Van Meter cryptid?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
How about a Mosasaurus which inspires the stories and myths of sea serpents and the Leviathan from the Bible?

A T-Rex in the past of Australian's Outback leading to the Burrunjor cryptid?

The Quetzalcoatlus, the biggest flying animal terrorising the town of Van Meter which inspires the Van Meter cryptid?
Those are good too.

This is an obvious one but plesiosaurids, mosasaurids, and pliosaurids leading to the legend of sea serpents and sea monsters.

I definitely like the Burrunjor one.

Also, a Spinosaurus appearing in Mesoamerica leading to the legend of Cipactli as well as early hominids like Australopithecus or Paranthropus being the source of Bigfoot, Yeti, Yowie and other similar humanoid cryptids across the world.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Oh my god. How could I have forgotten.

Another franchise I want to see return with a reboot is Gamera.

Such a shame that 2015 trailer was just some fan project, looks like it could have been an actual movie and Gamera's design was awesome.

I also would love to see Gamera introduced in the MonsterVerse. There is even art of what he could look like as shown here.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Oh my god. How could I have forgotten.

Another franchise I want to see return with a reboot is Gamera.

Such a shame that 2015 trailer was just some fan project, looks like it could have been an actual movie and Gamera's design was awesome.

I also would love to see Gamera introduced in the MonsterVerse. There is even art of what he could look like as shown here.

Eh, Gamera's only good for getting beat up when you need him to.

1606107914745.png

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
Well, I got to answering everyone's questions so far on my AMA! TBH I didn't even know I had been picked so it was a very exciting thing to sign in to!

dezeray112

Smash Hero

-Darkstalkers
-War of the Monsters
For me:

• Darkstalkers
  • Dino Crisis
  • Rival Schools
  • F-Zero
  • 1080 Snowboarding
  • Wave Race
  • World Heroes
  • Bloody Roar

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I play Yugioh.

We use Gamera(Gameciel) to get rid of an opponent's big, scary monster and then make turtle soup out of it. :4pacman:
I mean that's kinda what the entire Kaiju lineup is used for, it just so happens that Gameciel has the lowest attack so it's the easiest to ram into.(Ironically enough it's the one with the omni negate too)

While we're on the topic, I want to mention Rank10YGO because his videos are really good and he did an episode on Kaiju's awhile back

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom